Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sekai No Melody Land ❯ Tarotcafe: Kokoa part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sekai No Melody, but I am a member! Many people have been looking forward to this, so I hope they enjoy it!
 
Tarotcafe: Kokoa part 1
 
In our present day, there is a secret place called Sekai No Melody Land. No one except a certain group of people who fit a certain criteria are able to go to Sekai No Melody Land. This is because all of the people in Sekai No Melody Land have mystical powers, and most of all, all of them have a hobby of singing!
 
When they are accepted into Sekai No Melody, they are given a house to live in, and a generation number. The generation number is used to keep track of the amount of people, and how long you've been in Sekai No Melody Land for.
 
Because every one in Sekai No Melody Land loves singing, they are sorted into a house based on their vocal ability. Currently, there are four houses, Tarotcafe, Paratoile, ValeriA and Kristallen. They are all on the same street, called `Rhapsody Street'. Although the houses are only one storied, the houses are very big, and expand a long way. Everything a person could ever need, you would find in any of the houses.
 
Down the street, next to the Paratoile house, there is a secret house. No one knows what goes on within that house except the people in it, and Miri, who is the Ruler of Sekai No Melody Land.
 
At the moment in Rhapsody street, it is Midnight. The only light comes from the moon, and from the dozens of street lamps along the streets. There is not a sound between the houses, but a slight humming can be heard.
 
Suddenly, out of the darkness, a small girl appears. Her brown hair is tied back in a loose pony tail, and she is wearing a black gothic ninja-styled outfit, with a white veil covering her mouth and nose.
 
She rips the veil off and skips down the street. This ninja is a child at heart.
 
`He, he, he, he! Stealing some of Paratoile's skittles supply was so…EASY!' The girl listens happily to the jingle of skittles in her black carry bag.
 
This girl is Kokoa, and she belongs to the Tarotcafe house. She is from Generation 9, and considering that there are only 13 Generations, she is quite young here.
 
Kokoa has the power of the Ninja, being able to leap, and perform ninja movements like a professional. She often thinks like a ninja, and when her ninja instincts kick in, nothing can stop her! But her ninja powers are a secret. Her non-secret power is her power over rain.
 
Since the Paratoile house is the furthest away from the Tarotcafe house, she has quite a bit of skipping to do to get back to her own house. On the way, she thinks about that night's `loot'.
 
Each night, she slips into the other three houses and wonders around. No one has ever caught her. Kokoa never steals anything serious, usually just lollies or extra soft drink.
 
Kokoa steps on the doorstep to the Tarotcafe house, and fumbles for the key.
 
`Gah! I must have left it with my normal outfit!' Kokoa thought. `Don't worry Kokoa, someone else will let you in!'
 
That's when Kokoa realised. Tarotcafe seemed…quiet. The other houses were happily chatting away, but Tarotcafe was dead silent.
 
`Hello?' Kokoa yelled. ` Is anyone in there? I can't hear any noise coming from in here! HALLOOO!"
 
`I think everyone in Tarotcafe must be asleep, I can't hear anyone in there…But we usually stay up really late…' Kokoa thought. `Hee, until Miri yells at us to get to bed…'
 
Kokoa looked around. Seeing as no one was going to answer the door, Kokoa decided to take another route.
 
The first thing she thought of, was climbing through one of the Tarotcafe windows. Although, the only window that she could get through was the first window, called 'The Fool', because the other three are still under construction.
 
Kokoa, being the only one in Sekai No Melody Land with ninja powers, found it very easy to get in through `the Fool' window.
 
She found herself in the lobby, which was the room where all the windows lead to. The lobby was a massive room, and often Tarotcafe meetings were held here. Kokoa knew that this room would be deserted so late in the night, and decided to check the dormitories.
 
`Hello? Anyone in here?' Kokoa yelled. `This had better be a joke or something…'
 
The first room in the dormitories was Miri's. Kokoa knew this because Miri's name was on the door. If the nameplate hadn't been there Kokoa would know that the room was Miri's because the rooms went in Generation order, and Miri was in the First generation.
 
Kokoa knocked on the door. Normally, Miri would be asleep and Kokoa would know better than to disturb her. Being the Ruler of SNM Land, Miri was very busy and treasured her sleep.
 
`Ummm…Miri?' Kokoa stuttered. She didn't often get to talk to Miri.
 
Kokoa knocked louder and louder. `MIRI THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE! WE NEED TO GO NOW!'
 
`Why isn't Miri answering me?' Kokoa took a chance, and opened the door.
 
Kokoa gasped. Miri was lying in her bed wearing some sort of white dress. She looked extremely pale.
 
Kokoa ran to her bedside. `Miri? Miri? You look sick! Wake up! That's a nice dress by the way, I didn't know you had one of these! WHAT AM I SAYING? AHHHH!'
 
Kokoa ran to the room across the hall that belonged to a Generation 2 girl Aiko. She pushed the door open, and saw Aiko looking pale and wearing the exact same dress as Miri!
 
Kokoa continued down the hallway, through to the Generation 13 trainees. Each of them had that white dress and pale look that Miri and Aiko had had.
 
After Kokoa had finished, she sat on the floor of a Generation 13 girl called Eunjung's room.
 
`What's going on? This makes no sense!' Kokoa thought. `It must have happened while I was out doing ninja things! Speaking of ninja things…'
 
Kokoa searched around in her bag, and opened a packet of stolen skittles. `I need some brain food.' She thought to herself.
 
`But more confusing, why did they all have the same symptoms?' Kokoa looked back at Eunjung.
 
`White dress, pale complexion. All of them. It's a mystery.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
In the morning none of the Tarotcafe members were awake except Kokoa. After having a good breakfast, she set into town.
 
The houses were located on the outskirts of Merodi town. The inner city of Merodi was always exciting to visit.
 
Within Merodi city was were all of the SubWorks were located. The SubWorks were not as important as your HouseWorks, which were top priority. The SubWorks usually consisted of people with similar interests from all the houses.
 
Also within Merodi city was the language school, where you could go to learn a diverse range of languages. There were many meetings, and groups bustling by the various shops and forums within the town.
 
And most importantly, in the very centre of the town, was the Idol Kiss centre. The Idol KISS centre was a place where you were assigned a group based on your power, not on your vocal ability. Each group competed against the other groups, just for fun, in various competitions. At the end of each year, the best team would be awarded a prize.
 
Kokoa had been sorted into the team Sapphire, the members of the groups having `Elegant' powers.
 
`My ninja powers are a secret, so I was sorted according to my non-secret power, which is the power of rain.' Kokoa walked into the Idol Kiss centre, and went into the Sapphire room. There, she met two other Sapphire members Yuko and Alyzu.
 
`Oh Hi!' Kokoa yelled. `I have my radio play lines!'
 
Kokoa handed Yuko a folder containing all her radio play lines for the radio play, that Yuko was organising, for Sapphire.
 
`Thanks. I was just leaving so…catch you sometime later!' And with that Yuko left the room and Kokoa saw her begin chatting with another girl outside.
 
`Well, I was just gonna drop the lines off in Yuko's message box, so I was gonna get going too. I need to meet someone.' Kokoa said to Alyzu.
 
`Who?'
 
`My big sister, Lilmenchi.' Kokoa stated. Lilmenchi was in the ValeriA house, and being a Generation 4, she had been here a lot longer than Kokoa.
 
`Can I come?' Alyzu asked.
 
`Sure, if you've got nothing else to do…'
 
Kokoa and Alyzu left the building.
 
`How do you know Lilmenchi? Did you meet her in ValeriA or something?' Kokoa asked.
 
`She's my mentor! Late at night when Miki isn't looking we sneak into someone's room and play games!' Alyzu said.
 
`I think every house does something like that…' Kokoa said. `Against the `Big Mods' after hours. I remember I was so excited when I was first invited to one of Tarotcafe's…'
 
------flashback------
Kokoa was one of the new trainees, and she was very nervous about being around her house mates. She suddenly felt someone tap her on the shoulder.
 
`Hey, Hey, we're all gonna have games in my room tonight. Wanna come?' A girl that she did not know asked her.
 
`…Sure. But, aren't we supposed to be in bed by 8?' Kokoa asked
 
`No one ever listens to the bed rules!' the girl said. `Come to the room marked `Imogen' in the Gen 7 area. Ok? See you then!'
 
Kokoa did not know what to do. So she decided to turn up anyway and see what all the fuss was about.
 
Within Imogen's room, there were about 18 girls, doing various things.
 
Kokoa decided to find out what was going on. She walked over to a group of girl sitting on the bed.
 
`Hey, what are we supposed to do here?'Kokoa asked one of them.
 
`Well, mostly we just party. We play music loud until 8, cause that's when we're supposed to be asleep. We still play it softly, so that's why we always have it in the lower Gen rooms, because they're further away from the Mod's room.'
 
`But…The real fun starts after lights out!' Another girl added.
 
Kokoa, although she was shy at first, soon was joining in the various activities that the girls were doing.
 
At around 10pm, after they had finished mucking around, singing and playing multiple card games, they heard a voice.
 
`Hey, what are you guys doing?'
 
The noise of the room eventually turned to silence as Miri, who was the head of the Tarotcafe house, as well as being Ruler of Sekai No Melody house, stepped into the room.
 
`Well, it's nearly the anniversary of Sekai No Melody Land's foundation. And we were just celebrating…' A girl said.
 
`Yeah.' Many girls started chirping.
 
`…So what are you playing?' Miri asked.
 
`We just finished Black Jack, so now we're gonna watch a movie or something…' One of the girls sitting on the floor stated.
 
`Cool. Which one?' Miri asked, shutting the door and sitting down next to the girl speaking.
 
`Well, we've got all the choices here…' The girl pointed to the DVD rack.
 
The girls began chatting again.
 
Kokoa decided to find out what was going on. `Did…The leader just sit down and just us against the rules?'
 
`Yeah. She does that all the time.' One of the girls replied.
 
`Doesn't Miri have to enforce the rules she sets?'
 
`But she doesn't set them. She just has to carry them out, the same as all the other house leaders and SubMods.' The girl replied.
 
`Who does set them then?' Kokoa asked.
 
The girl looked around. `Well, here's a secret for you. The thing that created Sekai No Melody Land makes all the rules.'
 
`And who is that?'
 
`The giant pink-yellow rabbit in the skies.' The girl whispered.
 
`…You're kidding, right?' Kokoa asked.
 
`That's what I heard.' The girl said with a serious expression on her face.
 
The rest of the night continued without any problems, and Kokoa had to admit, she had enjoyed herself. Life in Sekai No Melody Land looked fun.
 
------flashback------
 
`…Ah, those were my trainee days…' Kokoa sighed.
 
`Hi' An upside down face suddenly appeared in front of Kokoa's.
 
`Elsa! What in the world are you doing hanging upside down from a light pole?' Kokoa asked.
 
`Designing things. Look!' Elsa pointed to all the lamp posts down the street, all bearing Elsa's original design on them.
 
`You're graphitising the lamp posts?' Kokoa asked.
 
`It's not graffiti. It's called `design'. You wouldn't know a good design if you saw one!' Elsa pouted.
 
`But, you're not setting a good example for the trainees!' Kokoa argued. `The next thing I know, we'll have a ton of Gen twelvers and thirteeners hanging of lamp posts doing art! And considering the powers of some of them, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that did happen actually…'
 
Elsa flipped around, and softly landed on her feet. Elsa had flying power, and she was able to float, soar and hover anywhere she wanted. Which made it very easy to hang off lamp posts.
 
`So, where are all of you headed?' Elsa said, pointing at Alyzu.
 
`I'm going to visit Lilmenchi and Alyzu was joining me. Do you want to…' Kokoa began.
 
`No way! I still have all these lamp posts to graffiti, I mean, design on. Catch you later!' Elsa flew up to the next lamp post and began drawing.
 
Alyzu looked confused. `But we're not allowed to…'
 
`I know, I know, just keep walking~' Kokoa said, dragging Alyzu along the street.
 
When the two finally reached the little café in town, Kokoa instantly spotted her sister.
 
`Hey!' Kokoa waved at Lilmenchi.
 
`Hi…Oh, you brought Alyzu with you?' Lilmenchi asked.
 
`She wanted to come…' Kokoa replied.
 
`How are you?' Lilmenchi asked.
 
`Fine thanks.' Alyzu replied.
 
`Well, down to business. What do you want to order?' Kokoa asked.
 
`I'll probably go with a skittles ice cream or something…' Lilmenchi said.
 
`This early in the morning? I'll have one too.' Kokoa exclaimed.
 
`I want a smoothie. What sorts do they have?' Alyzu asked.
 
`It's up on the menu over there near the counter, so why don't you go pick your smoothie flavour and order yours and ours at the same time?' Lilmenchi suggested, getting out some money. `The money for it all is there.'
 
`Sounds fine with me.' Alyzu looked at the note Lilmenchi handed her. `Oh, wow, it's one of those new twenty buck notes with the giant rabbit on it!'
 
`Yeah, you don't see them around much…'Kokoa said.
 
`I'll go order then, shall I?' Alyzu ran off in the direction of the menu.
 
`How are you going, Kokoa?' Lilmenchi asked. `Still being able to keep under control with your power?'
 
`I've been stalking around the houses at night.' Kokoa said. `It's ninja instinct!'
 
`So, that's what that was…' Lilmenchi said in thought. `I've been able to keep my power under control, unlike you!'
 
In Sekai No Melody Land, you were only allowed to have one active power. If you were caught using a second, you could get thrown out of Sekai No Melody Land.
 
`I know I wouldn't have been able to get into Rose Quartz if they knew about my other power.' Lilmenchi whispered.
 
Lilmenchi's known power was that she was able to make pink bubbles from nowhere out of any substance. Her unknown power, was that she could control people's minds, and could make any one do what ever she wanted.
 
`By the way, do you know where Miri is? I haven't seen her in her office, and I need to show her the work I've been doing for the Cabaret Collection's Iroppoi Jirettai PV!' Lilmenchi said with worry.
 
Kokoa flinched. `Ah, no! People are gonna start noticing soon that everyone from Tarotcafe except me is missing! What am I gonna do? I need to do something!' Kokoa thought as she stared at Lilmenchi.
 
`Oh…I need to tell you something…' Kokoa whispered Tarotcafe's whole situation into Lilmenchi's ear.
 
`No way!' Lilmenchi gasped. `You can't be serious!'
 
`Dead serious.' Kokoa stated.
 
`Hey, I'm back. Look at this smoothie, it's massive…' Alyzu sighed. `How am I going to eat it all?'
 
`So…ummm… Wow, is that a yellow skittle?' Kokoa said, looking for a way to change the topic.
 
`Yeah, you get them all the time you know!' Lilmenchi began eating hers. `What's wrong with you?'
 
`Sooooo big…'
 
`You know what's wrong! It's about `T. A. R. O…' Kokoa began
 
`Just keep your voice down, we don't want the world to know yet…' Lilmenchi said slamming Kokoa's head down onto the table.
 
`Sooooo creamy. I should eat it all up in one go…'
 
`Oh no! Alyzu's gone high on strawberry essence again…' Lilmenchi said with a sigh.
 
`Again…?' Kokoa asked. `It's happened before?'
 
`Don't ask. Just don't ask.' Lilmenchi said with fear. `Hey! We've got someone here going high off strawberry essence at table 3!'
 
Soon, many other SNMers were gathered around the little table three.
 
`Don't worry, I know how to handle this!' The head cook said.
 
The head cook went into the staff's area, and came back holding her mobile phone. She flipped it up, and began pressing some of the buttons.
 
`I've always kept this on my phone, just in case something like this happens!'
 
The woman put her mobile in front of Alyzu's face and a video of the action came up on the tiny screen.
 
Alyzu's eyes widened as she watched it. `Woah…It's the action…'
 
`See? Works every time!' the head cook exclaimed. `I don't know what it is about this action, but it sure does the trick!'
 
`Should I start eating my smoothie now?' Alyzu asked.
 
`Well…ermm…go ahead.' Kokoa said nervously. `Just don't try to inhale any strawberry essence this time...'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
It was night again in Rhapsody street, and most of it's occupants had settled down for the night. All except two, who were standing in front of the Tarotcafe house's door.
 
`Are you sure we should be doing this?' Lilmenchi, who has involuntarily volunteered to join her friend on this unusual occasion.
 
`Well, it's not like anyone's gonna notice…' Kokoa said, as she opened the door, and lead her into the lounge room.
 
`But do we really need to do anything about it? Although Miri is asleep, we could always report this to one of the SubMods…' Lilmenchi thought out loud.
 
`Well…You know how I was out stealing skittles from Paratoile yesterday night?' Kokoa asked.
 
`Yeah, what about it?' Lilmenchi replied. `It's not as if any one's going to ask for your alibi or anything…'
 
Kokoa gave her a strange look.
 
`Well, actually, considering that you're the only one that hasn't been affected they might do something like that. But as long as you haven't used your power, it's okay then, isn't it?' Lilmenchi deduced.
 
`But I did.' Kokoa sighed.
 
`WHAT? HOW COULD YOU!' Lilmenchi said.
 
`I'm a ninja, I can't help it!' Kokoa argued.
 
`Now, you've really gotten yourself into a spot! You could get yourself kicked out of SNM Land for this!' Lilmenchi argued back.
 
`Unless…' Kokoa thought aloud, while slowly turning to look at Lilmenchi.
 
`What are you planning now, you ninja?' Lilmenchi asked, when suddenly it hit her. `OH…No…No, no, no, no, no. No.'
 
`Please?' Kokoa begged. `I'm your friend, and I'm in big trouble!'
 
`No way am I doing that again!' Lilmenchi replied. `I almost got caught last time!'
 
`Pleeeeeease?'
 
`Fine. I'll do it tomorrow.' Lilmenchi sighed.
 
`No, you have to do it right now!' Kokoa said, dragging Lilmenchi back out the Tarotcafe house.
 
`But it's the middle of the night! And how exactly are we going to get to everyone we need to?' Lilmenchi argued.
 
`Remember, I'm a ninja! We'll just break into the other houses, just like I have done the other thirteen thousand, nine hundred and forty two times.' Kokoa said happily, as they headed towards the ValeriA house.
 
----------
End of Tarotcafe: Kokoa part 1
----------