Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sekai No Melody Land ❯ Tarotcafe: Kokoa Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sekai No Melody, but I am a member. Nothing has changed about that since the first chapter.
 
Tarotcafe: Kokoa Part 2
 
Kokoa awoke the next morning to the unusual silence that was the Tarotcafe house at the moment. She completed her morning ritual of washing, eating breakfast and getting ready for the day ahead, before heading out into the town.
 
Kokoa was going to meet Lilmenchi at the café they had been in yesterday to discuss what they were to do now.
 
When Kokoa reached the café, she found that Lilmenchi was not there. She sat down at a vacant table, and waited.
 
`Ah, she must be late today, something must be holding her up.' She thought to herself.
 
Just as she was thinking those very words, Lilmenchi strolled into the café, looking very tired.
 
`Where were you?' Kokoa asked. `I've been waiting here for over half an hour!'
 
`Sleeping.' Lilmenchi replied. `We were up past midnight last night and I used up a lot of my power. Group hypnosis isn't a small task, you know.'
 
`You do it all the time though!' Kokoa argued.
 
`That's only individual mind control, and if you hadn't been an idiot and used your power, then I wouldn't have had to brainwash everyone into believing that Tarotcafe and all of its members don't exist!' Lilmenchi said with a yawn.
 
`Except me, I exist!' Kokoa said.
 
`But you're in Kristallen now, aren't you?' Lilmenchi reminded her. `Adding that to the list of things to brainwash people with…'
 
`Anyway, now that we're sure that I'm not going to get asked for an alibi, we need to find what's wrong with every one and fix it!' Kokoa said excitedly.
 
`Yep, you do that, I think I'm gonna go to sleep…' Lilmenchi dozed off on the table.
 
`Lilmenchi, don't go to sleep on me!' Kokoa shook Lilmenchi. `LILMENCHI!'
 
`GEEZ! Talk about attention seeking!' Lilmenchi sighed. `I thought you were supposed to be keeping a low profile!'
 
`I was until you started sleeping!' Kokoa said. `Why shouldn't I keep a low profile. Everything's been sorted out right?'
 
`Look over there.' Lilmenchi pointed at a girl who was sitting at a table waiting for someone.
 
`What about it? It's probably just someone being late or something!' Kokoa replied.
 
`Don't you ever interact with anyone?' Lilmenchi whispered. `That girl is Serenity. She's from that secret group, and her mentor is Imogen. Before Imogen when into the trance, she must have promised to meet Serenity here. Serenity knows she has to meet someone here, but she can't remember who it was because we forced her to forget!'
 
`That's confusing.' Kokoa thought aloud. `Anyway, how do you know that Serenity is here to meet Imogen?'
 
`I can read minds, remember?' Lilmenchi sighed. `And anyway, the reason it sounds confusing is because Serenity is confused. And a lot of other people who interact with Tarotcafe members on a regular basis are going to get very confused as well if a person who influences their lives suddenly vanishes!'
 
`I kind of get it…' Kokoa mumbled.
 
`Good! You're finally catching on!' Lilmenchi patted Kokoa on the head.
 
Kokoa looked over at Serenity again, and her eyes darted to the table next to it. The girl sitting at the table was staring directly at Kokoa, and quickly diverted her eyes when Kokoa looked at her. The girl had mid waist black hair and blue eyes.
 
`Hey, Lilmenchi.' Kokoa whispered. `That girl on table six is staring at us.'
 
Lilmenchi looked over, and both of them saw to girl looking at them. Lilmenchi gave her a small wave, and the girl quickly stared out the window when she saw the two looking at her. Serenity, who had thought the wave was directed at her, smiled and waved back.
 
`Hey, lets go sit with Serenity.' Kokoa suddenly jumped up and walked over to Serenity's table.
 
`What do you think you're…Fine.' Lilmenchi got up and sat down with Kokoa and Serenity, who were already chatting away about something.
 
`So you're only new here right? Gen 12 right?'
 
`Yep, I'm a Gen 12, and I've only been here for four weeks.'
 
`I see, still a newbie then. How do you find it here? Enjoying yourself?'
 
`I'm thoroughly enjoying myself here. I was being shown around by…someone before. I don't know…'
 
`I see. Don't worry about it, just go to sleep and wake up in the morning and you'll be all fresh and sparkly.'
 
`Really?'
 
`Yeah, happens to me all the time.'
 
`It must be all those Kristalleners and their glitter.'
 
`I know! It amazes me that they haven't run out of it yet, the way they just fling it about everywhere!'
 
Kokoa and Serenity continued to chat about the random things that Kokoa brought up. Lilmenchi sighed.
 
`I can't get a word in.' She thought to herself, as she looked at the girl sitting at the table behind them.
 
`Kokoa, she's staring at us again.' Lilmenchi whispered.
 
`We'll discuss it later, at the moment I'm engaged in a very important conversation with someone who actually understands the penguin~anti-gravity laws.'
 
----------
`Ah, what a day!' Lilmenchi sighed, carrying her shopping bags as Kokoa half-walked and half-skipped along side her. After the café chat, they had spent the rest of the day handing various things in for subgroups, and shopping.
 
`And so, if the penguin was flying at 80/km per hour, it would mean that it must be at an approximate weight of 27 KG and an anti-gravitational fling-about of…' Kokoa explained the laws of penguin~anti-gravity as she walked, regardless of the fact that Lilmenchi was not listening.
 
`Hey, do you think that girl in the café knew about Tarotcafe?' Lilmenchi asked. `She could be trying to blow your cover or something.'
 
Kokoa stopped explaining the penguin~anti-gravity laws and thought. `Maybe. But why would she know about Tarotcafe? We erased it from everyone's memories.'
 
`What if she was skipped?'
 
`But we didn't skip anybody!' Kokoa argued. `We double checked to make sure that no one was skipped!'
 
`Something was wrong with her though.' Lilmenchi said nervously.
 
`What would that be?' Kokoa asked.
 
`When she was staring at us in the café, I couldn't hack into her mind!' Lilmenchi told her.
 
`What?' Kokoa exclaimed. `You can hack into everyone's mind except Miri's!'
 
`I know, and if Miri wasn't asleep then there would be problems.' Lilmenchi thought aloud. `But, that means she must be at least as powerful, or maybe even more than Miri.'
 
`No one's more powerful than Miri!' Kokoa stated. `But, maybe she's the one who put the curse on Tarotcafe!'
 
`We can't just jump to conclusions like that.' Lilmenchi told Kokoa. `We don't even know who she is! I've never seen her before…'
 
`I think I've seen her somewhere.' Kokoa said, thinking back to where she had seen that girl before.
 
`Think, Kokoa, think!' Lilmenchi cheered her on.
 
`Ummm…maybe I need to sleep on it.' Kokoa said.
 
`No, you think now. Remember where you're going tonight?' Lilmenchi snickered.
 
`Where?' Kokoa asked.
 
------------
Kokoa stood in the halls of the Kristallen house, since she was now an `official' Kristallen member. Kokoa still hadn't been able to remember anything about where she had seen the mysterious girl.
 
`Hey Kokoa, we haven't found your room, but you can stay in the guest room for now.' Umi said as she came out of her office. `I don't know why you aren't on the register, since you're a Gen 9, you should be. In fact I don't remember you ever staying in this house at all.'
 
Kokoa snickered. She knew exactly why she wasn't on the register or why they didn't remember her, and that was because she didn't belong there.
 
`I'll just stay in the guest room then. See you!' Kokoa waved at Umi.
 
`Remember, dinner is in 10 minutes, so make sure you get ready for that. See you there!' Umi began walking down the hallway.
 
`Dinner?' Kokoa thought to herself. `We never used to have dinner this early in Tarotcafe!'
 
Kokoa got herself ready, and headed down the hall. This hall was green, and seemed to sparkle in a way.
 
`This is cool.' Kokoa looked at the wall. `We have mass cards in Tarotcafe along our walls.'
 
She took a right turn, which lead her down another sparkling hall. Then another right turn. Then a left turn.
 
`Huh?' Kokoa looked at the door at the end that had the words `Cleaning stuff' stuck onto it.
 
`I'M LOST!' Kokoa yelled. `Damn, all these sparkly halls. They all look the same to me!' Kokoa ran down hallway after hallway trying to find where she was.
 
`Where is a map? They've gotta have a map here somewhe…' Kokoa tripped on a shiny material carpet and fell into someone.
 
`Ow, ow, ow…' Kokoa looked up at the person she had run into, who was also on the ground.
 
`Ow, ow, ow…' The girl said.
 
`Who are you? Shouldn't you be at dinner?' Kokoa asked the girl.
 
`My name is Carina, but most people call me Cacchin. I'm a Gen 12, and I'm lost!' Cacchin looked down the two hallways in front of them.
 
Kokoa suddenly became more confident. `My name is Kokoa and I'm older than you! I'm lost too! From this moment forth, we are lost buddies!'
 
`What, when…'
 
`Let's go this way!' Kokoa grabbed Cacchin's hand and dragged her down the hallway she had chosen.
 
After ten minutes of extensive searching they were back where they had started, at the hallway where they had run into each other.
 
`We are really lost…' Cacchin said looking down the two halls they could go down.
 
`Are you really lost?' A girl walked up behind them and grabbed them both on the shoulders. `Cacchin, you've gotten lost each day since you arrived here! Tomorrow I shall get you a map, and then you won't be lost anymore!'
 
`Ok, Joji! I won't get lost anymore…' Cacchin mumbled, as she scampered off into the `cave'.
 
`Aren't you the language teacher?' Kokoa asked. `Are you lost too?'
 
`Lost? Me? Of course not!' Joji said confidently. `I am often late because I have language work to do!'
 
`Can you show us where to go?' Kokoa asked.
 
`You're a Gen 9, you should know where to go!'
 
`Umm…I'm back from a really long hiatus, and I don't remember where to go!' Kokoa lied.
 
`Let me direct then. This way!'
 
Joji lead them to a door, once she had opened the door, Kokoa shocked at what she saw. The Kristallen dining room looked like a cave!
 
`It looks like a cave!' Kokoa stuttered.
 
`Because it is. The people who designed the Kristallen house made this room to be exactly like a cave, except cleaner and not made with real substances.' Joji explained.
 
`Amazing!' Kokoa stared at the girls eating dinner in the brightly lit cave. She looked up at Joji. `Where do I sit?'
 
`Everyone was assigned a place when you joined. You sit there.' Joji explained.
 
`What will I do? I won't have a seat because I don't really belong there!' Kokoa thought. `I need to figure out something.'
 
`Well, since I've come back from my long hiatus, I might need a new place to sit!' Kokoa stated.
 
`If you were only on hiatus, then your place should still be there.' Joji said.
 
`But it won't be.' Kokoa said.
 
`How do you know that?' Joji asked suspiciously.
 
`Umm…' Kokoa stuttered as she thought. `Instinct? Yes, instinct!'
 
`Let me go see Umi, and see what she says. Wait here.' Joji turned to enter the dining hall.
 
Kokoa waited for a little while, before a girl came to collect her.
 
`Your seat is here.' The girl pointed to a chair right at the end of one table.
 
`Ah…Thanks' Kokoa said as she sat down.
 
After all the Kristallen members had eaten dinner, it was time for Umi to read the notices. The notices were a set of reminders that each house group got, for the house leader to read at dinner, when all of the subgroup was present.
 
`Right.' Umi said. `Notice one. You all should know about our sub-project due dates, if you don't then check the bulletin board outside my office for mixing, file and coding dates. Notice two. We are in rounds 1, 2 and 3 for Idol Kiss, so get organised with your groups and don't miss deadlines or…or…or…ummm…Some person is going to take points off your team. Can't remember who it was off the top of my head…'
 
`That's because Lilmenchi wiped all your memories!' Kokoa thought. `That should have been Miri.'
 
`Anyway, round two finishes in four days, so get your stuff in! Notice three, if you're part of SNM48, then make sure you remember to…'
 
Umi continued to read the notices, but Kokoa didn't notice, because she had fallen to sleep. `Must cut down on late nights…'
 
`Kokoa. KOKOA!'
 
`Yes!' Kokoa jumped up in her chair.
 
`Kokoa has returned from her hiatus, and you need to confirm with us all that you have now.' Umi stated.
 
`Umm…I have returned.' Kokoa said confidently.
 
`Good enough.' Umi made a pen appear from thin air. `Anyway, I have no recorded data of you in our subgroup. Do you want to re-establish your data?'
 
`Yes?'
 
`Name is Kokoa, Gen is 9, what was the crystal you were previously?' Umi asked, filling in paper work.
 
`Umm…' Kokoa stuttered.
 
`Crystal? What crystal?' Kokoa thought. `Oh yeah, all Kristallen members have crystals. Argh, I need to pick one that no one else has or there will be suspicions.'
 
`Erm…' Kokoa thoguht aloud. `Carnelian?'
 
`Wait! That's a rock!'
 
`A rock! Who chose a rock?'
 
`Quick, throw some rocks at that person!'
 
`Wait, I was only kidding!' Kokoa laughed nervously.
 
`I don't know the difference between a crystal and a rock! I need to pick one, and fast!' Kokoa thought.
 
`Umm...Rose Quartz!' Kokoa yelled.
 
`That's a crystal.' Umi said. `The rest we should be able to fill out tomorrow. Okay girls! You have free time until lights out! Now have some fun!'
 
`Thank goodness for Lilmenchi's Rose Quartz obsession, or I wouldn't have thought of it in time!' Kokoa breathed a sigh of relief.
 
----------------
 
Kokoa lay on her bed with her PJ's on. She hadn't gone to the party the other Kristallen members were having. She had a mystery to solve, and she needed to solve it fast.
 
`I can't keep this cover up forever!' Kokoa thought. `Already it's starting to fall apart!'
 
Kokoa sat up in her bed, and looked around.
 
`What can I do? Tarotcafe is too big a part of Sekai No Melody Land to try to erase! I need too think of something. Might as well get something to eat while I do it…'
 
Kokoa stood up, and armed with a map, went to the Kristallen kitchen. This was were all the foods were kept or made.
 
`Nothing like a healthy supply of skittles to keep me going…' Kokoa stared at the poster above the cupboard.
 
`Fantastic smoothies in new flavours like strawberry, mango and fresh berries! Warning, some immature, young persons are known to get get high off the strawberry essence in the strawberry smoothie.'
 
--------flashback--------
`Don't worry, I know how to handle this!' The head cook said.
 
The head cook went into the staff's area, and came back holding her mobile phone. She flipped it up, and began pressing some of the buttons.
 
`I've always kept this on my phone, just in case something like this happens!'
 
The woman put her mobile in front of Alyzu's face and a video of the action came up on the tiny screen.
 
Alyzu's eyes widened as she watched it. `Woah…It's the action…'
 
`See? Works every time!' the head cook exclaimed. `I don't know what it is about this action, but it sure does the trick!'
 
--------End of Flashback--------
 
`I have…' Kokoa started thinking. `A plan. And it just might work with the help of some friends.'
 
----------------
 
`What?' Lilmenchi yelled. `I come all the way over here, and you just want to show me a song? I thought you were dyeing or something!'
 
`Sorry about that!' Kokoa said. `Maybe those sound effects were a bit too over the top, but it worked, didn't it?'
 
Kokoa and Lilmenchi were standing in front of the Kristallen house group.
 
`So, what do you want with this song?' Lilmenchi grabbed Kokoa's mobile. `What song is it anyway?'
 
`I have a plan!' Kokoa said. `I want you to imbed a message in the song, and we're going to air it tonight!'
 
`I can't do that!'
 
`Yes you can, I've seen you do it before!' Kokoa argued.
 
`Fine, what do you want it to say?' Lilmenchi asked.
 
`I want you to reverse everything you did last night!' Kokoa said.
 
`But that will cause problems for you tomorrow!'
 
`I said, I have a plan.' Kokoa began explaining. `I remembered how the cook caused Alyzu to turn back to normal after showing her the action yesterday, and I want to try that on Tarotcafe, by hacking into the radio system, and forcing all the radios in this country to switch on and go to the broadcast we make on SNM998. But, since we can't show them a video of the action, we need to do what's closest; a playing of the song the action is done to, which I have discovered is Sayaendo by NEWS. And, while we're at it, I'm going to get you to imbed a hypnosis device in it to change everything back to normal. Understand?'
 
`But what if it doesn't work?' Lilmenchi asked.
 
`That's why I also want you to imbed a list of data entries about the Tarotcafe's members into the song, so if they do wake up, everyone will remember the person, but if they don't, then the data will be erased from the song, and no one will remember them. Got that?' Kokoa explained.
 
`So, how are you going to do this?' Lilmenchi sighed.
 
`First you have some imbedding to do. The rest I can do on my own!' Kokoa said happily.
 
Lilmenchi concentrated on Kokoa's mobile and began changing the properties of the file to suit what Kokoa wanted.
 
`There, it's done!' Lilmenchi said when it was finished. `What are you going to do now?'
 
`I'm going to hack into RemixRadio and force the station to broadcast this file right now.' Kokoa began pressing buttons on her mobile phone.
 
`The RemixRadio had 260 security walls, no one can hack into it!' Lilmenchi argued.
 
`Unfortunately, they didn't adjust the fire walls for someone with ninja powers! See there, I just cut right through all the security bridges!' Kokoa laughed happily.
 
`You're insane! If we get caught, we'll definitely get kicked out…' Lilmenchi sighed.
 
`The song should start playing in 3…2…1…' Kokoa counted.
 
From the four subgroups, and the secret group down the road, a loud sound of the song Sayaendo playing on five hundred and fifty two radios chimed down the street. As well as many other cries of `Why did this thing come on?' and `Why won't it switch off?'.
 
`YES! IT WORKS!' Kokoa yelled in joy.
 
`The real test is, does the Tarotcafe group wake up after this?' Lilmenchi asked.
 
`Let's go see!' Kokoa ran down the road to the dark Tarotcafe house. Her eyes lit up, when she saw some lights in the house turn on.
 
`IT WORKED! IT WORKED!' Kokoa yelled, getting out her keys, and entering the Tarotcafe house.
 
In the Tarotcafe house, she saw some girls coming out of their rooms in the Tarotcafe.
 
`I was woken up by that radio…'
 
`Yeah, the blasted thing! It woke me up!'
 
`I was having a nice sleep too!'
 
`Yes! By the time the whole song is through, everything will be back to normal!' Kokoa thought as she ran down the hallways.
 
Lilmenchi sighed as she followed Kokoa. Because of the amount of people out of their dormitories, no one noticed the Valerian in the Tarotcafe house.
 
`Right, I just need to check everyone's here.' Kokoa got out a check boxed table with each member's name on it. `Mitsuki? Check! Prettycatchy? Check! Rayna? Check!
 
Kokoa and Lilmenchi continued down the hall, checking everyone off.
 
`Okay, it seems everyone is present, except…' Kokoa stood outside the head office. `Miri.'
 
She opened the door, and found Sayaendo just finished on her radio. When Sayaendo finished, Kokoa gasped.
 
`No! Miri! She didn't wake up! Oh, what's wrong?' Kokoa yelled.
 
`It'll be okay for a while, since no one will remember her, because she didn't wake up and her data was erased from the song.' Lilmenchi stated. `But, people will begin to get suspicious, because they can't remember her.'
 
`Right!' Kokoa stood up. `We need to find a way another wake to wake Miri up! Let's go!'
 
Kokoa grabbed the keys off the hook in Miri's room. She grabbed Lilmenchi and headed out the room. Once she was out of the room, she locked the door.
 
`What are you doing now?' Lilmenchi asked.
 
`I'm locking the door.' Kokoa said. `We don't want anyone going in while no one remembers.'
 
Kokoa and Lilmenchi walked down the hallway, and guided her to the door that lead out of the Tarotcafe house. When they reached the door, Lilmenchi let herself outside, and allowed herself to talk to Kokoa, unaware of the figure watching them in the tree. The figure talked to someone on her black phone.
 
`That's them. The two.'
 
`The ones who know about their sleep drug?'
 
`Yes. Those two.'
 
`Hmm…For now, just wait, they aren't too much involved in their plot yet. But, if they continue to interrupt their goals, you must intervene. They will stop at nothing to achieve their goal, and if they decide to take action against them, you must intervene. Understood?'
 
`Got it.'
-----------------
 
Within the Paratoile house, a girl had just finished battering her radio in an attempt to silence it. Sayaendo from NEWS had suddenly started playing, and it wouldn't turn off! It had been the middle of the night after all!
 
When she had finished with the radio, it flicked off before the song had finished.
 
`See that? You have been defeated!' The girl pointed at the radio.
 
The girl went back to doing what she had been doing before - which had been sleeping.
 
`Better get back to bed. I need to hand in those Paratoile album lines to Miri tomorrow…'
 
----------
End of Tarotcafe: Kokoa part 2
----------
 
A/N
For your information, `The Action' is a dance [if you can call it a dance, most of the people who know it call it a `motion'] that is performed to the song Sayaendo by NEWS.
Next chappie comes out on 12 June. Watch for it!