Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Illusions ❯ Premise ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I had made a promise to myself that if I wrote a vampire story, that it would be original beyond the shadow of a doubt and I think I may have accomplished that with this story or at least I am hoping.

I've done extensive research on what are claimed to be real vampires, so these will not be your neck-biting, horror story types.

For me, this story was incredibly strange to write but it was fun all the same. I hope you all enjoy what I believe to be an original vampire fiction.

WARNINGS: Standard anime violence, dark themes, shounen-ai undertones, cross-dressing, sexual innuendos or scenes, gender bending, both in male and female sense, cursing

Pairings: Heterosexual parings and shounen-ai undertones

Created on: 8/24/09
Chapters: 53 + Epilogue

Oh and this quote- I think a good many authors and aspiring authors should read it - If you stop to think, there's nothing new. Now, that's the challenge, rewrite what's already been written and do it well.

Summary: The Time of Ending is a treaty of peace, upheld by vampires and humans a like to ensure a system of peace between their races, and when that pact is broken- everything will be given away and the vampires will be forced to submerge from the darkness.

For Copernicus, an Inheritor Vampire of a pure bloodline, the peace of the Time of Ending will prove more important than initially thought when he finds himself falling for a stripper that he meets one night whom he thought to be a pretty, young boy.

MXF, MXM slight undertones. A stripper keeps her gender a secret in order to make herself obscure to a seemingly homosexual vampire who has a crush on her. But what happens when she runs out of masks to wear, and the illusion no longer works as she's drug into a war between vampires?



XxXxXx
Shattered Illusions
By: Melissa Norvell
Premise
XxXxXx


I was never feminine. I never liked wearing dresses or make-up and if I could help it, I tried not to touch the stuff. Unlike most girls, I never cared about having a boyfriend and to be honest, most of the guys who asked me out were gay.

Yep. You got it-gay. They thought that I was a pretty, long-haired boy. I really can't blame them, considering I practically assumed a male identity in school. I even refused to wear a traditional school girl uniform. I acted like a typical male.

"I had a lot of female admirers but I shuddered at the thought of their girlish crushes on me. I'd rather be fulfilling a gay guy's homosexual fantasy then actuallybegay any day. I guess, in a lot of ways, I'm like a gay guy but I find that most women can't wait to plunge a knife into your back every time you turn around.

I never would have thought that I'd be dancing on a stage, covered in glitter, flowery hair pins and pearls with flashing lights, loud music and air filled with a dense layer of cigarette smoke while all of the boys who thought I was too flat-chested to be their girlfriend ogled at my exposed chest and sparkling bikini bottom.

Ironic, isn't it?

To be frank, I can't wait until I get off stage so I can change back into my street clothes and get this glittery junk out of my hair.

Being a stripper was like being in a Broadway show- you dress up, put on a good performance and then you get on with your life. Hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

I'm not here because I'm paying tuition, or for the attention, or even because I like to take my clothes off. I'm here because I don't want to be homeless and it was easy to get this job.

Little did I know that someone like me would actually catch the fancy of one of the most stunning individuals anyone's ever met.


To Be Continued