Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Illusions ❯ Donor ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Shattered Illusions

Chapter 5: Donor

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXx

"You want me to be your donor?" Tsubomi's eyes widened a little as she felt her sense of calm flee from her mind. She felt panic overcome her and she really didn't know what to think on the subject. The tomboy didn't expect him to agree and let her take such an active part in his life.

"Unless you have those infamous trust issues of yours," Copernicus smiled, though gentle on the outside, it was filled with concern for the future. No doubt, things would be harder from this point on out- for both of them.

"At least I don't have a lolita complex," Tsubomi teased nonchalantly.

"Damn, it's not my fault that you look like a high school boy prince," Tsubomi then began to unbutton her jacket. She had been under the impression that Copernicus would have to bite her on the neck to draw blood. The tomboy had forgotten just how false some of the movie hype was on those issues. After she had her jacket undone, she managed to unbutton three of the buttons before her wrist was grabbed.

"What are you doing?" Copernicus questioned casually. He never said that she had to take off anything to be bitten and then, it hit him- she had been thinking cliché again. It nearly made him sigh in exasperation.

Truly, humans could be the most interesting creatures.

"If you want to be my donor, than at least know something about vampires. If we really bite you on the neck, you'd die. There are far too many vital arteries and veins located there. We only bite in non-lethal places," he told her as he placed his lips to the exposed skin on her wrist. Tsubomi could feel his warm breath and movement as he spoke to her. "Are you ready for your first bite?"

"Answer me one thing first," Tsubomi demanded. Before the Inheritor took her blood, she wanted to know one thing. It was an important issue regarding what would happen between them and she simply wanted to get things cleared up.

"You're so demanding," Copernicus was amused, as always.

"Is that why you were close to me like that before? Is it because you wanted to bite me?" It was a question that constantly ran through her mind, and she wanted to find out if the vampire just wanted her blood, or if he desired something more. Perhaps hitting on her was just a game to win her over, although the deepest recesses of her mind wanted it to be something real.

"That's one of the reasons," Copernicus couldn't lie. He was hungry, but it was more than that. "The other was because I like your scent, and I'm a touchy person for a vampire." He didn't know why, and it wasn't even the scent of her blood. It was the way that she smelled in general. She smelled of something he could only describe as a mixture of sakura blossoms and vanilla with a touch of sandalwood. It was a scent that he grew fond of in their short time together.

A small blush crept to her face. 'What does he mean by that?' She asked herself mentally. 'Why does he always have to say such vague things to me?'

She should have been used to it by now, but something about his indistinguishable words flustered her. They made her heart race, despite her outward ability to keep calm.

Tsubomi flinched as she felt his fangs strike deep into her wrist. She closed one eye. The pain registered in her brain for a moment before she slowly got used to the feeling. 'That hurts like hell…How weird is this? I'm actually being bitten by a vampire. I remember when I was younger, I always liked to kid around and pretend to bite people. If I could go back in time and smack myself, I would.' The stripper berated herself, as a small smile graced itself on her features. When she thought about it, the bite itself wasn't that bad at all. In fact, in a way, having her fluids extracted felt good. It was like a release of all of the anxiety she'd been put through over the years. 'Man, am I really this much of a masochist? I actually like it when he bites me. He's so gentle, and the way he holds me…It's like he's afraid to break me.'

Tsubomi glanced at his large hands, one of which gently held her forearm up and the other was kindly holding her hand. It was probably to quell whatever fears she might have had about being bitten, but the funny thing was- she didn't fear it at all and strangely, she wanted it.

'I've never been held in that way before. I'm so sad. I can't believe that I'm turned on by someone biting me. I'm such a sick person.' Tsubomi thought to herself as she watched his teeth being pulled out of her skin as his skilled tongue licked away anything that managed to leak out. The moist tongue on her arm caused the flush to grow a little larger as Copernicus pulled up and looked to her with a smile.

"That should be enough. I hope that you feel alright," for now, he would only take what he needed. The vampire didn't want to cause Tsubomi to pass out from blood loss. From this point on, she would be an essential part of his life. It was something that he dreaded and found fascinating at the same time.

"I feel like I'm disorientated," Tsubomi felt a little dizzy, as if she'd been tipped backwards, although she knew that she hadn't moved. It was like an awkward loss of equilibrium.

"It's probably from blood loss." Maybe he had taken more then he should have. He'd have to watch how much blood he drank. It was really a bad habit to blood lust so much. Honestly, he would have to try and quell that feeling.

Before he could say anything more, he felt a gentle hand on the corner of his mouth as it was being cleaned, the remnants of blood wiped away by an unspoiled handkerchief that Tsubomi had pulled from her pocket.

"I hope it was good enough for you," She didn't know if Copernicus had a preference or anything as far as blood type went and to her, it was simply blood so she had no way of knowing what he would even think of it.

"Young, innocent blood is always the best, especially blood as pure as yours," Copernicus made a virgin blood joke to her. He doubted that she would get it. Well, either that or she'd act amazed that being a virgin had nothing to do with bloody quality.

"Flatterer…" Then again, she could always take it that way, as well.

The vampire then took her handkerchief from her and gently tied it around her wrist. It was snug but not enough to damage or pinch the bitten area, "I appreciate this. It feels good to have some blood in my system again, and what better blood to have than yours? You do know that this deepens our bond, correct?" dark eyes glanced up at the tomboy.

"Well, if you think I have trust issues, then that's a good thing, correct?" Tsubomi questioned with a smile.

"Then let me be your master," those words were something that touched her in a deep way. It would be jumping into the unknown and yet, they sounded so trusting, coming from someone as gentlemanly as Copernicus.

'It's time to throw away all that I've held on to and let it fly into the wind. I know he's seducing me, but a part of me doesn't care. I like this dark fantasy and in an odd way, I want to belong to him.' Tsubomi thought to herself as she replied, "of course, I'll let you. You are the one person I trust."

"You're sweet, Tsubomi," Copernicus smiled as he nuzzled her cheek affectionately.

"Does my blood do that to you?" She teased.

"It's not just the blood."

"What is it then?" Tsubomi became a little involved in the topic. What about her managed to make him feel so cuddly all of a sudden? He certainly had weird quirks and interests.

"It's you in general. I like being around you," it was a simple answer to a seemingly complex question.

"I like being around you as well." It was something unrestrained that managed to make its way out of the girl's mouth without realization. This time, her thoughts would not scold her for her decision in words. Besides, she would be spending a large amount of time with her new master, so it would be in her best interest to like being comfortable with him.

"I'm glad," he smiled gently; "I feel that I can trust you more than anyone. You make me feel at ease."

Tsubomi found herself timid at that comment. Usually, she was the forgotten doll on the shelf, or some play thing that men ogled at. Copernicus had actually been the first one to tell her something that was comforting. It made her feel special, as if she was his only possession and the fact that he had another donor slipped her mind.

"Copernicus…" She placed a hand on the side of the vampire's face and stared deeply into those deep, blue eyes. Tsubomi shook her head. "Man, why do I feel like this?"

"Feel like what?" The vampire asked, interested in what this feeling of hers was.

"I feel so free, like I just want to give in to some weird primal instincts. I'm usually so controlled. This isn't like me," she smirked a little with her hair shading her eyes. It nearly made her look a little crazy.

"Would it scare you to know that I want to be close to you, despite my worries about you being my donor? A part of me wants this. That part of me wants you around," the vampire couldn't fight what he had felt. Even though the internal fight between getting her in danger and keeping her close was always present, it was times like these that he felt as if they had a connection.

"At least someone does," Tsubomi tried to play it off like it was a joke, even though half of her really meant it in a negative way. With her bad luck in dating, only gay men and straight women seemed to want her, and neither was appealing to her. It seemed that finally, someone had come along that she took an interest in back, and she was completely playing mind games with them. Not only that, but she couldn't find it within her to tell him the truth for fear of rejection.

"You're so negative," the vampire sighed.

"I feel like you're so high above me. You're intelligent, attractive and kind. Plus, it seems like you have a ton of money and here I am dirt poor and ordinary." As much as Tsubomi wanted to believe that any real chances with someone like him by ordinary circumstances was possible, she knew better than to think naively about it. In any other situation - it was an impossible dream.

"You work at a strip joint and you have weird quirks. I don't find you normal," Tsubomi was an interesting person. She was someone who awestruck him and to him, it didn't matter if the circumstances differentiated because the feelings he possessed now would still be there. Things would be no different to him.

"I feel like this is all surreal, like some day I'm going to come crashing back down to earth. Someday, I'll hit reality in the face," the very thought of it hurt her somehow. If this was all a dream, then she was doomed to a painful end.

"This is reality. I know it's hard for you to believe, but the extraordinary does exist." Perhaps it was pure optimism speaking but Copernicus wanted Tsubomi's mind to be unclouded from delusion and false hope. What was before her was indeed real; no matter how farfetched it seemed by human standards.

"I know that. It's just that I feel like I don't belong. It's kind of like I'm an outcast or something. Maybe I've just been alone or so long that when someone comes into my life, I feel bothered by it." Even if it was loneliness talking, Tsubomi did feel as if her life had suddenly been invaded. The stripper was not accustomed to change, especially on such a large scale.

"I'm the opposite. I had no one for a long time, so when someone came into my life, I wanted to be around them and I enjoy their company." A solitary existence was what he was used to as a vampire, but it was also a lonely one. To lead a life without so much as the touch from another being made him decay inside.

"For once in my life, things seem happy. I feel like I don't deserve it," Tsubomi was so used to being lonely that it made her question anything that seemed good that happened to her.

"Don't' cut yourself short. You're chivalrous, kind and you look like a prince. What more could anyone ask for? You seem like a good guy. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want you." The vampire seemed a little confused that someone like Tsubomi didn't have tons of people after them.

"I don't want them," Tsubomi looked down. Everyone who had wanted her in the past had only done so on false pretenses. It was true that Copernicus liked her because she was attractive and boyish, but there seemed to be more to it than that. He truly cared about her feelings and well being.

"You didn't?” The vampire was a little shocked by this statement. Did she mean to tell him that EVERYONE that she came into contact with was undesirable by her standards? She seemed to be quite picky, if that were the case.

"They all liked me for the same reasons and none of them knew me. They just knew me for the same cliché image the general population had."

"You judged me in the same way." So, was the situation any different?

The stripper's gaze hit the ground. There was no arguing with him- Copernicus had been right. She had done the very thing that made her tired of everyone else who had wanted her. "Sorry about that. I just thought you were out of my league. A guy like you can have anyone that they want."

"You're out of the loop, my little Tsubomi. You're one of those men, but you just don't realize it," he gave her a reassuring smile. "From what you've told me, you have quite a few admirers, which means, at one point in time, you were the desirable one. You were the unattainable one. You were the man everyone wanted. You were the heartbreaker. So in reality, we aren't so different."

It hit her hard in the face. "I didn't see it that way before, but I guess you're right."

In a way, that made Tsubomi feel a little better about herself. She was happy to know that someone could see the things about her that she missed herself. As the two paused in conversation, they could hear a fit of giggles as a group of school girls, dressed in yellow and black uniforms stopped a few feet from the two and pointed. Their screeches and fan girlish laughter could be heard as nothing but sexual comments flowed from their mouths.

They could distinctively hear the girl's boisterous voices as they randomly called out statements at the two.

"They are so cute!" One of the school girls blushed as she held her face.

"They are just too adorable!" Her blonde friend called out as she hung onto her friend's shoulders in a clingy fashion and swooned.

"I wonder if they'll kiss!"

"So hot!"

Copernicus casually glanced over to the girls and smiled a little at Tsubomi, as if to tell her that he wanted to have a little fun with them and get in a few good mind tricks. "Looks like we have admirers. Care to have a little fun?"

"What are you planning?" Tsubomi seemed a little amused with the idea herself.

"Just a little harmless fun and it will prove my point," the vampire felt his hand being held and moved to the side of the tomboy's face.

'Playing around…I've seen people do it but I've never done it myself. Who knows what will happen now? Plus, that bite still has an effect on me. I still feel a little dizzy too. He drank quite a lot of my blood.' She felt uncertain about where this would go. However, the thought of messing with those unsuspecting girl's made her laugh a bit to herself.

She mustered up her courage as she looked into Copernicus' deep eyes with an over exaggerated look of adoration and spoke passionately to him. "Copernicus, I'm so glad that you came all the way from America just to see me."

'That was corny.' Her thoughts berated her but the vampire played along.

"Of course, I couldn't wait to see you," his voice lowered seductively. "My little Tsubomi, I can't wait to get to your house, so we can catch up on the time we've lost from being apart."

That caused all of the girls to squeal and scream as they could hardly contain themselves. A burst of giggles and talking amongst themselves filled the air.

'When I look at you like this. It's no game, Tsubomi. I promise to protect you the best that I can. You certainly are crazy to take on such a huge role as playing a decoy donor. Little do you know that this contract is very real. You are my donor and now that I have you, there will be no way out.' Despite anything he had promised earlier, Copernicus knew what he wanted and how to obtain it without the other's notice.

"That would be wonderful, my love," Tsubomi replied as the girl's usual fit of talking and laughter grew in tone again.

"Did you hear that? He called him his love!" One of the girls turned to the group and announced.

"How dreamy!" Another sighed with stars in her eyes.

The Inheritor closed his eyes. Their bullshit was indeed, amusing. 'Humans are such simple creatures when it comes to romance.' He then moved his hand beneath the girl's chin and tipped her face up towards his. "Then how about a proper greeting from your lover?"

When the man's face slowly moved closer to hers, it was then when she was hit with the realization of the situation- she was about to be kissed. This instantly caused her mind to race in fear. A nervous feeling overcame her as she could do nothing more than stare at the man's face as he drew closer to her.

'Is he serious? I've never been kissed on the lips…and to be kissed by a vampire. Hey, I don't know if any of that crap is true but I don't want to find out.' The girl said the first line that came to her head. "W-We should do this in private! I mean, come on, people are watching." She blurted out in a discomfited fashion that seemed quite genuine.

As a matter of fact, Tsubomi really was embarrassed. Anything that would get Copernicus away from her lips was good enough for her. The vampire didn't have the slightest clue what he was about to do. It would have been her first kiss, and there was no way in hell that the girl was just going to give it away to some foolish game.

'I had a feeling that would not be obtained so easily.' Copernicus had anticipated that move. "Alright then, let's go to the hotel district and get acquainted, shall we?"

"Of course," Tsubomi agreed as she wrapped her arm around his waist. The two walked away from the group of still-boisterous girls, who talked excitedly among themselves. Copernicus and Tsubomi both looked a little amused with the whole situation.

"How strange that women like this kind of stuff." The odd quirks of humans never ceased to amaze him. He would have thought women would like it more if it were heterosexual couples, considering they wouldn't have a chance with a gay man.

"If they see two pretty men kiss, they instantly start to have an orgasm or something," Tsubomi was used to it. She knew many women who seemed to have that fetish.

"You called yourself pretty," Copernicus pointed out her choice of words. What she said had been his silent victory. The vampire had successfully succeeded in making her say something positive about herself. That was his original intention and therefore.

Tsubomi frowned and crossed her arms, glaring at him. "You sneaky, sneaky man…"

"Good, you have some confidence," the American smiled as he closed his eyes.

"Well, I never said I was ugly."

"I'd have to drain you dry if you did."

"How does that help my looks?" Tsubomi didn't fancy the undead look. Besides, sunken in portions of her body didn't scream attractive. She was already slender, any less body mass and she'd disappear.

Suddenly, the girl could feel hot breath in her ear as a strong arm wrapped around her waist her pulled her back. That same tingly feeling raced up and down her spine as she went ridged in the vampire's grasp. "Say one more thing about yourself," he purred. The tomboy didn't know if it was playful or threatening.

"I suck," the girl uttered with a smirk, but soon she regretted the very fact that she said it when she realized what he could potentially do to her in such a position. 'I'm dying, right now.'

"If you think that, I'll just have to make you think better of yourself." Skilled hands began to roam the girl's body, causing her to blush as they explored every inch of her through the several layers of clothing that she wore. Slowly, they made their way down, and just before they could get anywhere close to her crotch, she snatched him by the wrist and held his hand away.

"Uh…I rock, I'm awesome, I'm Mr. Chivalrous Prince! Just watch you're damned hands!" She shouted in mortification. Tsubomi would rather submit to him, than let him find out her secret.

"I am watching them. What's wrong, are you self-conscious?" Usually a man would want to carry this sort of thing on, but somehow Tsubomi didn't seem at ease with it. Perhaps she was playing hard to get?

"Uh…" The girl froze as a single bead of sweat rolled down the back of her head. 'That was too close!' A nervous smile graced her features as she replied awkwardly. "Yes, I don't like people touching me there…I'm…inadequate…Yes, little Tsubomi is very…little…so don't touch him," her voice snapped on that last phrase. She wanted Copernicus to know that territory was off limits.

`God that felt weird to say. At least it will keep his hands from going anywhere…or it will provoke him even more.' She hoped that it was not the latter option.

"I'm sure it's fine," he tried to convince her to let him go farther. He would be gentle. There was nothing to be afraid of.

"I'm not letting you see it."

"You're so shy for a male."

"I told you, I'm virginized," Tsubomi gritted her teeth when she uttered that sentence.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, at least you can reproduce," Copernicus joked about his own inability, however, Tsubomi didn't find the topic funny whatsoever.

She hugged him tightly and buried her head in his chest. "No, it doesn't. It kind of makes a person feel guilty. Even though I'm gay and I probably won't have any children, it feels kind of wrong to be fertile and stand next to you." To her, it was a sad fate to behold, no matter what Copernicus claimed to think about it. Whenever she thought about it and imagined how she would deal with it if it were her. It depressed her.

"Well," she heard as she felt something rubbing her rear end, "this certainly makes me feel less guilty." Tsubomi blushed at the contact and acting on instinct alone, did the only thing she knew how. The girl whirled around and delivered a swift kick to the vampire's shins.

Copernicus held the injured area in pain, and then his head snapped up to her with a clearly angry expression. "You little bastard…" He growled as he stalked his way over to her.

'Shit! I shouldn't have done that. Damn my tomboyish nature. Sometimes I'm too much of a guy.' Tsubomi laughed a little nervously as she held up her hands in defense. No doubt she was in for it now.

XxXxXxXx

"Bye!" The school girl waved to her group of friends as she headed off on her own down through a maze of alleyways. The magenta-haired female giggled in glee at the sight that she witnessed earlier that day.

She was an avid reader of yaoi manga, and quite the fan of any homosexual male couple out there, whether it be real life or within the realm of fantasy. She was the kind of girl who would rather see the prince with the knight, instead of the princess and she lived for the moment to ogle over any attractive shot of two men kissing.

'I can't believe I saw those two hot guys all over each other! Oh my God! Be still my pounding heart! I don't know which one was cuter, the one in the frills or the guy in the blue? They were both so adorable! Come to think of it, that's the first time I saw a Japanese and American together.' The girl thought to herself as she suddenly heard something make a loud crash near her. She stopped dead in her tracks as her magenta eyes glanced around in search of the source of the noise. Her breath became caught in her throat and the girl felt as though someone or something had been watching her.

"What was that? Who's there?" The magenta-haired girl asked, her voice quivering with uncertainty as she turned around. 'Honestly, I can't even fantasize in peace.'

A small cat walked from the alleyway, up to her. She girl placed a hand to her yellow-clad chest as she sighed in relief. "Don't scare me like that, kitty. Huh?" She blinked as she saw what looked like a woman standing against one of the walls of a nearby walkway, holding an umbrella. "Who's that? She's really pretty."

It was odd to her, for someone so richly dressed to be lurking around in some alleyway. The girl was trying to decide on whether or not she should get closer to the woman. Something didn't seem right about her.

Out of the blue, the woman quickly turned her head, her golden eyes widening as the entire alley flashed in a brilliant white. The innocent girl let out a scream that echoed through the cityscape.

XxXxXxXx

Copernicus and Tsubomi's head snapped towards the direction of the scream as they froze in their current positions. The vampire had her wrists grabbed and was leaned into her and the tomboy was leaned back as far as she could to try and fend him off.

"Damn, I'll have to punish you for this later," the vampire's face turned serious before he took off running in the direction of the noise, leaving Tsubomi dazed for a few moments.

'Was that a threat or a promise?' She wondered, before the thought of him being gone hit her. The stripper called out for him to wait as she ran after him. When she was keeping pace with him, the brown-haired female asked where he was going.

"That scream came from the same area I found you in."

The realization hit her as a shocked look crossed her face. Her features turned serious after her momentary shock and Tsubomi glanced towards Copernicus and asked if he thought it was Hizaki. The vampire had a hunch that it might have been.

"It sounded like one of those girls we were around earlier. You know the ones we were pretending to be a couple in front of?" Tsubomi brought up the possibility to her master. After all, they were in that area when they were fooling around. It was possible that they took the alleyway home.

Dark blue eyes widened upon hearing that theory. "That's it. Any humans that are affiliated with me will die."

"That means-"

XxXxXxXx

"I don't know what you're talking about," the school girl, who looked about eighteen in age, backed against the wall as the woman took slow, menacing steps towards her. In a way, she taunted her victim, daring her to run.

"I know you saw him. So what's your affiliation with him?" Hizaki had a look of irritation plastered on his face. Surely this girl knew something.

"I don't know him," her voice shook as she stared helplessly at the approaching vampire, unable to move out of fear, yet desperate to find any way out of her situation that wouldn't result in death.

"Really? Then I guess you won't mind if I take some of your energy," Hizaki reached out to the girl, his long, painted nails extending towards their victim as she watched helplessly. The impending doom would soon happen, and the Psi-Vampire would soon have a new feast of energy so that he could carry on with his mission of finding Copernicus.

To Be Continued