Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Illusions ❯ Prisoner of the Heart ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxXx

Shattered Illusions

By: Melissa Norvell

Chapter 9: Prisoner of the Heart

XxXxXxXx

A hand was sat on Tsubomi's cheek as she flushed a light rose. Blue eyes stared into those of a darker shade with a fair amount of emotion. There was something about that man's touch that Tsubomi couldn't resist, something that made her heart flutter and her breath catch in her throat.

"I'll help you adjust. I'm sure that you'll be fine, There is one little problem. I don't have an extra bed, what with Millie staying here," Copernicus smiled a little, not really knowing what answer he would get on the topic at hand. He wasn't sure of how Tsubomi would react about the possible thought of sleeping with him and sharing a bed, though he had to admit that the thought didn't faze him in the slightest.

"I'll share a bed with you, Copernicus," Tsubomi slightly smiled, happy to be of some help to the vampire. It made her feel a little better to be in his presence as a donor, especially since she had been feeling so down about being considered useful to him.

"You won't be worthless then, not that I ever thought you were," He tried to set in stone that no matter what, the tomboy was useful to him in more ways than she could ever know. By simply staying at his side, his worries were down considerably.

"I would love to be of some worth to you," Tsubomi replied, and before she could say anything more, she heard the squeal of Millie's fan girlish voice chime into their conversation, commenting on how something was 'so hot' between the two of them. The response instantly caused her brows to furrow in annoyance and a small sigh of exhaustion to escape her lips. "Do I want to ask?"

"I do," Copernicus just had to keep playing into it purposely, didn't he?

"Uh…I don't really think you should," the stripper tried to convince him not to say anything further.

"Oh, I can tell you what I was thinking," Millie tried to offer up some of the things that she held within the confines of her mind. Offering to share her perverted fantasies with the two, as well as attempt to persuade them into doing something romantic with each other made her heart pound with joy.

'Can't I just faint or something? Knowing my luck, yaoi girl thinks of some sleep sex theory…Um…Oh shit…Please don't give him any suggestions.' The very thought of such a thing frightened her to no end. If he were to do something like that, then she would definitely be discovered and it would end her charade before it began.

"Do tell."

"It was hot and steamy-" Millie began to describe the fantasy to the amused vampire, but before she could get anything more out of her mouth, Tsubomi spoke up.

"Speaking of…Damn, I sure am hungry. I think that's why I've been feeling so faint. I could sure use some food," Tsubomi casually changed the subject as both beings' attention was drawn to her form. 'Please make it stop. This girl is going to be my downfall.'

"I'm a little hungry myself. What about you, Millie?" Copernicus looked to the girl, who crossed her arms with a pout.

"He said that on purpose," the girl whined. She knew Tsubomi's game all too well. No doubt he was mentioning his needs to simply avert the subject, so that they wouldn't have to discuss it. The fact that Tsubomi had been hurt only won him favor in the vampire's eyes as well.

"I know he did," the Inheritor smiled, "he's such a prude."

Deciding to crack a joke, Tsubomi smiled. "That's not what you said last night." If Millie wanted an implication, then she would give her one. Although, when she thought about what she had just said, she thought of the consequences and instantly hated the decision. 'What the hell am I saying that for? Stupid impulses!'

"Well, I'm not sure you'd know what I said, unless that was a cleverly disguised offer," Copernicus replied casually, marking his victory as the stripper flushed and seemed irritated with herself.

'Son of a- I knew that was like walking into a door.' The tomboy beat herself up over that one. It was possibly the stupidest thing she had said to him. "Uh…it was…um…" It was the stupidest thing she had said, right behind her senseless babbling, which only earned her a comment of how she was being cute when she blushed. Millie agreed that she looked cuddly.

"I hate you both," Tsubomi grumbled in irritation. They were ganging up on her, and it seemed that it wouldn't stop there, either. Millie proceeded to tease her and suggested that Copernicus give her a kiss. "And, I should give him a punch in the face."

There was no way that the stripper was having that robbed of her in such a silly way. A first kiss was sacred and special, not something that was simply given away.

"Hitting a girl is not chivalrous," the teen girl commented.

"Who says you're really a girl?" Tsubomi asked with a smirk on her face as the Millie became frustrated and offended at her words.

"Well, you're prettier than that drag queen vampire and he looked like a fashion model!" The magenta-haired girl complained, trying her best to offend Tsubomi's masculinity.

"Well, I'm staying here because Copernicus likes me; you're staying here because he pities you," the stripper shot the cruel blow at the girl, which only caused her to become whinier towards the subject.

"That's not true!" Millie pouted as she looked to the vampire for confirmation on the subject. "Is it?"

She simply earned a laugh in response as Copernicus covered his mouth with a white, gloved hand and chuckled to himself at the two. Their fights were amusing to both watch and listen to. In a way, it made him happy to have such eccentric and quirky people as company.

"See? Even he thinks you're pathetic," Tsubomi smiled casually as she gestured to Copernicus with her hand.

"Men are so mean," Millie pouted as she slumped down and wore a look of overdramatic dejection.

"Women are air headed psychos, and that's not a good combination. Maybe you shouldn't own a gun," the brunette continued to pick on the girl, as Millie's looks went from offended, to whiny and then to angry as she held her clenched fists straight down to either side and fumed.

"You…You bitch, I'd call you a bastard but your name is so feminine-" She tried to insult Tsubomi, only to be hit in the face with a finely shined shoe. The school girl produced an 'eep' at the contact before she looked twice as annoyed as she was prior.

"Oops, forgot to take off my shoes at the door. How rude of me." Surely, that would shut the girl up. Tsubomi glanced to Copernicus, who wore a look of amusement as he rested his cheek on the back of his hand. "Now, I'm going to find something to eat," the Japanese girl left Millie and Copernicus as she casually got up and walked out of the door, unaware of the fact that she knew nothing about the placement of rooms within the house.

The stripper headed down the hallway and turned into the nearest room as Millie popped her head out of the door frame and wore a confused expression. Stepping out into the hall, the school girl decided to ask her about her choice of direction and room.

"What are you going to eat in there? That's the bathroom," she noted as Tsubomi turned on the light and made the discovery.

Unamusement crossed her face as she frowned in disapproval at her actions. 'I'm a dumbass.' She thought to herself as she stared at the pristine room and sighed. "Well, I might as well take a shower while the both of you cook." After that, she wasn't about to face the two of them and be made fun of again. 'That was stupid of me. Who knows what they'll come up with while I'm in here.'

From the other side of the door, she heard Copernicus offer to prepare the food and instruct her that there was a clean towel and robe on the wall that she could use if she wished. The Japanese girl agreed as she thought about how she would hide her underwear and bra from them. Surely Copernicus would question lacey underwear lying in the door. The thought of going commando when she went to his house ran through her mind as well as going braless and wearing boxers, since she barely had breasts, nothing would be too noticeable.

"Don't pass out in the tub," Copernicus teased as Millie grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the kitchen.

XxXxXx

'Damn…That girl with the gun was no ordinary school girl.' Hizaki mentally cursed himself as he examined his splintered off nails. 'Perhaps I jumped the gun. At least I got some data regarding their fighting ability. There are only a few more details that I need to gather before I am able to make my real move. Copernicus, like Queen Hepesta, Prince Yale and King Carlyle, you're destined to fall.'

The clacking of boots brought him out of his thoughts as he stared absent-mindedly at his nails. Turning from his shambled nails, he saw that Hide had strolled into the room and asked him what he had learned from his outing with all people who were affiliated with Copernicus.

"So far, I only know their fighting status and a few psychological aspects, but I'm getting closer to formulating a proper plan of attack," Hizaki informed as he watched his lord pull out a rose from a nearby flower vase and stare at it with a placid smile as he rested a hand against his cheek.

"The world is a chessboard and when you control the pieces, the world lies in your hands," Hide spoke as his lips slightly curled. The vampire held the rose up to the open window, where he watched the golden sunlight bounce off of the velvet red petals.

XxXxXxXx

Tsubomi scrubbed her long, straight hair as she sat chest deep in the large, elaborate bathtub. The suds from the soap flowed into the water, looking as if they were sparkling clouds, floating in a clear, liquid sky.

"I hope he doesn't mind that I'm using his soap and shampoo," the girl replied as she rinsed the last of the suds from her hair and stepped out of the bathtub, water sliding from her thin form as she dried herself and glanced to the robe, staring at the article of clothing before taking it into her hand and pressing it to her skin. 'There's only one robe…I guess it's his.' Lightly inhaled the scent of rose petals and cologne as she closed her eyes. 'It's that same smell of expensive cologne and rose petals. It's the smell that I'm used to now. It's the smell that comforts me…I could fall asleep to this smell. I love this smell. I'm pathetic.' She berated herself before she slid it around her shoulders and sighed lightly.

"I'm over here smelling this guy's robe like a stalker weirdo. I'm pathetic."

Suddenly, the door was flung open as a happy Millie blurted happily that the food was ready. Tsubomi's heart raced as a panic set over her. She had forgotten to lock the door and she was glad that she had the robe synched up before Millie had found out her secret.

After the initial shock wore off, anger replaced it. "Get out," the stripper frowned and glared at the school girl, who apologized as Copernicus walked up behind her and noted that she used his robe.

"What is this? A peep show?" Honestly, did everyone in the house have to stare at her in an oversized robe?

"If it is, then I am disappointed. You have far too many clothes on," Copernicus looked slightly disappointed at that fact.

"Oh my God!" Millie squealed in fan girlish glee at the implications made.

Tsubomi simply sighed and told him to shut up as she began to pick up her clothes, cleverly hiding her undergarments as she mentioned the fact that she had used his soap and shampoo and she hoped that he didn't mind. Copernicus had no objections; in fact, he liked it when she smelled like him.

"That's so hot!"

"Don't kid with me." A faint blush crept to the girl's cheeks once more. His comments always caused her to blush. Half of the time, she wasn't sure if he was kidding around, or completely serious with her.

She felt something grab her hand and pull her close to him. The vampire planted a kiss on her hand and looked into her eyes with an endearing smile and those soft, calm eyes. "I don't kid. Seeing you in that robe with my scent thick on your body is intoxicating. I want to talk to you in private," Copernicus mentioned as he held the hand he kissed.

"It's been a while since we've had a private conversation." Copernicus stated as he stared suggestively at his donor, longing and love evident on his features. He slowly pulled down the side of Tsubomi's robe, exposing milky white skin as the tomboy blushed at the seductive movement.

"You're so sexy," Tsubomi tried to keep herself from overflowing with rapture.

The very thought of such a scenario made Millie become starry-eyed and spacey. Such a display of private affairs between two beautiful men should be a moment to be cherished in her heart.

"What the hell?" Tsubomi arched an eyebrow at the girl, who stood with her hands clasped together with an amorous gaze on her face and distant stars, twinkling within the confines of her magenta eyes.

"She's amusing," Copernicus had a feeling he knew what she was thinking, and he could help but be entertained by her. He had thought about taking Tsubomi in private and doing things unfit for an audience to her but he knew he should behave.

"She's the biggest pervert I know. I think she's worse than you," the stripper poked fun at her master.

"I try to be less noticeable but maybe I should reconsider," Copernicus smiled. "Anyway, come and speak to me. I want your opinion on a few things." He then looked to the school girl, still in her gaze of delight as he instructed her to set the table and told her that she should know where everything was. He had shown her earlier when they were sipping tea together.

"Huh?" Millie blinked a few times and snapped out of her gaze. "Okay, you boys have fun now!" She waved happily to the two as Tsubomi felt a bead of sweat run down her head.

"What the hell does she think we're going to do?" She could only imagine the possibilities, even if she didn't want to. Most of them, she was sure, involved her being naked or doing something 'R rated' to Copernicus.

"In her mind, it could be anything," Copernicus agreed with her silent thoughts.

"Probably porn, I'd rather not be naked in anyone's fantasies," the tomboy shuddered at the thought, and since Millie had thought of her as male, no doubt she had a male's body in her fantasies as well.

"Self-conscious?" The Inheritor questioned casually. He didn't mind if Millie pictured him nude. Nudity had an artistic pleasure and wasn't meant to take in a way that made it seem obscene or disgusting. As a refined man, he took artistic pleasure in everything; even the concept of sex was artful in its own right.

"No, it's just disturbing," Tsubomi told him as they began to walk off with each other to discuss their private words.

The two went to a secluded room near the back of the house, with three large, elaborate windows that supplied a beautiful, breathtaking view outside. The vampire seated himself in one of the elaborate chairs, beneath a large, intricate chandelier as the robed tomboy stood before him.

Copernicus rested his cheek on his hand, fingers curled around as a serious expression hung on his features. "So, you feel useless?" He asked, trying to get down to the heart of the matter.

"I know self-defense and I can shoot a gun…normally. I'm not like Millie," Tsubomi chose her words cautiously. She didn't want to say anything that made her sound too weak. What he must have thought of her already…The stripper didn't want to delve too deeply into that subject. It would just make her all the more apprehensive around him.

"I didn't know you could fight until I saw you make it look easy. You show no fear in the face of danger. You're remarkable. You're the perfect decoy," he smiled contentedly. Even if Tsubomi didn't realize it, he was happy with what she had done for him, and the girl had proven far more to him then she could ever know.

"Too bad I'm not your real donor," Tsubomi let out a bitter smile at the thought. Even if she was playing decoy, it was a nice delusion and she didn't mind living in it. However, the words that her master would utter in response would change her life.

"You're as real as any."

Those very words sent a shock through her system that caused her body to jolt on response. Surely he had not said what she thought he said. It was just a miscommunication or something she wanted to badly to hear that she let herself hear what she wished and not what was truly said. The tomboy uttered a faint 'what' in response, to make sure that she had heard him right. If Copernicus said it again, then she would know what he truly meant. That was it. She needed him to clear it up for her.

"When I bit you, we made a contract," the Inheritor stood as he placed a hand on the side of her face.

"You are my real donor."

"What?" She asked again, shocked at what he was telling her. She couldn't believe it.

"I'm glad you are, I like belonging to you." Wait? Belonging to her? What did that mean? She was the one who belonged to him. Not the other way around.

"I thought I belonged to you. I'm your property, remember?" Tsubomi reminded the vampire of her true place.

"Without you, I'd be dead. Like I said, it's symbiotic. We belong to each other," Copernicus chose to look at it as beneficiary to both parties, not just one. If someone belonged to him, then he would belong to them as well which is why he chose his donors carefully, not to mention all of the chaos they would be thrown into being involved in his royal mess.

Every vampire was different when it came to how the treatment of their donor was concerned. There were those who formed friendships with their donors and grew to be close to them, those who merely saw them as food and resented the fact that they would have to rely on them for food, and those who hated their donors and made them little more than slaves. On rare occasion, there were those vampires who fell in love with their donors and shielded them form all hurt, harm and danger.

"I want to be the best donor that I can. I'd give up anything for you," Tsubomi wanted him to know that, and she already had given up so much for the Inheritor. She felt that it was her job as a donor to give herself completely to the man, without question or complaint. It was what was expected of her and it was why she had taken the contract so seriously, whether or not she was his real donor didn't matter.

"Just don't spill blood if you can help it, and don't die." Those two things were the only ones required to keep the contract going. Blood was an important source to him and he desired to keep all of it within her body if he possibly could. Her death, meant his as well and both things were prime factors in their contract.

"I won't. I need you far too much. It's actually kind of sickening how I'm stuck on you like this," she reached up, running a hand through his silky, brunette locks as his ran his thumb across her cheek. She liked the feeling of his cool, long hair between her fingers and smiled a little at the contact.

"It's hard to believe that you're such a pure person. It's ironic since you work at a strip club. I bet you've never been touched in a sexual way, have you?" The vampire noted that it was remarkable that she managed to keep so pure while having an occupation at such an impure place.

"Well, it's been a few times but it's never gone too far. I didn't let-" Tsubomi didn't get the chance to finish the sentence as she felt two hands slide up both sides of her body. The very contact made her freeze up and go rigid with emotion. Her heart skipped a beat and her breath caught in her throat. "Copernicus…"

"It's a trust exercise," his words were so simple for such a big thing, for something so simple, yet something that caused such complex emotions for her.

"More like a cheat way to feel me up," Tsubomi tried to keep her breathing steady.

"No, I want to see where you are comfortable being touched. I won't touch anything bad. Besides, little Tsubomi wouldn't like that very much, would he?" The Inheritor commented with a smile as he hands ran across several areas of her body in lingering, sensual touches that caused her skin to burn like fire beneath the thickly padded robe.

'Great…He's making fun of my non-existent manhood…' She thought as her body trembled beneath his hands.

"Relax, you're so nervous," Copernicus attempted to calm her down.

Tsubomi apologized as she prayed that he wouldn't find out that she was female. For once, she was thankful that the robe was so bulky and large that it hid her form well. At this point in time, she was putty in his hands, and the more he touched her, the more she found that she couldn't move. The more her body liked it and the more she wanted it.

"I want you to trust me, completely and without hesitation," the vampire drug his fingertips up her hips and sides, wrapping his arms around her slender waist. "I want you to call me master."

"What?" Tsubomi felt her senses blurring a little. His words seemed jumbled in her mind as he ran his hands over her flat chest and she backed into him, pressing her back flat against his torso. Copernicus seemed content at the touch and melted into her form with great ease.

"I want your complete trust. In order to have the best bond with me, you must trust me with everything." His words were soothing and gentle, not meant to take in a possessive way. His secret intentions were those of possession but for now, he wanted the girl to think of him as princely and sweet. It was in his usual nature that he acted as such.

'I feel so comforted by his touch. Why am I feeling like a marionette in the hands of a skilled puppeteer?' Tsubomi shuttered against his touches.

"You seem to really want this," the Inheritor was amused at how quickly she had adjusted to his touch, and how badly the girl secretly longed to be touched. The body was a thing that never lied, even when words and actions did. He felt small hands rest on his own. They were warm and gentle. "You're hard to keep untouched."

"Maybe you're just hard," the stripper cracked the joke, no matter how inappropriate the time, her sarcasm took over her logic.

"Or you're desperate," Copernicus replied with his own sarcasm.

"That's a bad combination," Tsubomi noted as Copernicus lifted her hair back and nuzzled her neck, licking her skin gently. "Should we be doing this? Millie-" She tried to ask, but was cut off by her master's chiding words.

"She'll be busy for a while," he noted. Copernicus wasn't going to let that ruin their mood.

'Is this what I've been missing out on? What's this burning feeling? I should be afraid.' Tsubomi thought as the vampire's hands rested on her hips. 'I should be running off screaming. The lights are going off in my head, but my body won't let me react. I almost don't care if he finds out my secret. I wonder if this is desire…' Then, her eyes widened as realization struck her. 'Wait a minute! Is this what falling in love feels like? Or do I simply lust? Do I…lust after Copernicus or do I love him? I can't love him…He'll only be disappointed because I'm a woman.' That thought saddened her as she felt a deep-set agony in her heart. It was nearly unbearable with guilt and pain. "Copernicus…"

"What is it, my little Tsubomi?"

"We shouldn't do this," her voice was forced. She had to stop. It was wrong. She was playing with his heart.

"Why? What's wrong?" Copernicus was concerned for her. Was she starting to feel guilty? Did she regret what they were doing? Was it frightening her?

"I can't. I'm just your donor."

"I want to be close to you like this. I feel like I've known you my entire life. Even though it's only been a week, I feel like I should be at your side. Forgive me if I am so forward…I tend to lose myself around you." Perhaps they were going too fast. Maybe Copernicus needed to slow down, before he made her want to push him away instead of hold him close.

"You too?" She had no idea he felt the same way.

"Yes I do…Wait, you feel that way as well," Copernicus was relieved that he wasn't the only one who thought they might be moving too fast.

"Yeah…I don't know why…"

"I'm not usually like this." Both of them said in perfect unison, trying to defend their true nature. They had both been thinking that they came off in the wrong light to each other.

"You too, huh?" The vampire tried not to let out a laugh.

"Kind of."

"It's odd how we always get in those situations. We barely know each other. I've honestly never had that happen before. I've never really felt anything like this either," Copernicus noted. It seemed that the two shared that common likeness about them.

A slight smile tugged at Tsubomi's lips. "Glad I'm not the only one. Maybe we should stop being so weird and get a hobby, huh?" She casually joked.

"We did. That's the issue," the smile was returned as the implicative line was uttered.

"You are charming. I'll give you that."

"We are idiots, aren't we?" Copernicus nearly laughed at their displays. They were acting like unsure school children on their first date, but it was kind of nice to be happy around the girl. No one had made Copernicus feel as if he were free of the shackles that bound him tightly to his royal duties, but Tsubomi…Tsubomi was different from anyone else he'd ever met. She saw the truth. She saw him for the man who was on the inside, not the prestigious figure he presented himself to be on the outside.

"Yeah, talk about lame and lonely," the smile that tugged at her lips seemed more of one of pity now. It seemed they were no more than two bored, lonely people looking for companionship.

"I guess so, but I do think we should be more than master and donor," the Inheritor replied. He felt comfortable with the girl at his side. That was one of the reasons that he longed to touch her, to get her used to his touches so that she would find him comforting. Copernicus wanted the girl to be close to him, and in truth, he wanted to be close to her too.

"I've always thought we were friends but lately, I've been confused," the donor tilted her gaze to the floor and seemed a little confused by everything. When she thought about it, their actions were obscure and could easily be taken either way. She didn't want to mistake anything and she wanted to keep her heart closed.

"We should rethink this." Even though the vampire's words were painful, a part of Tsubomi agreed with him.

"How about getting to know each other better?" The stripper suggested. After all, they hadn't known each other for very long, and there was still so much to get to know about each other.

"Of course, I feel comfortable around you, so I'd like to know more about you." It sounded like a plan to Copernicus, although, for the most part, the vampire had made up his mind when he picked her out to be his donor. Playing a donor wasn't just an obligation she had to fulfill. He picked her out because I found her attractive and that was true, but she also possessed many qualities that he admired and fancied.

Those same qualities made her more than useful to him. She was not just a good source; she was a friend, a protector and a companion.

"I'd like to know more about you, too," Tsubomi agreed as she placed a hand lightly on the side of his face, caressing his smooth skin.

"I'll try to keep my hands away from you," Copernicus joked causally.

"Hey, I'm not gross…Just go slow," the tomboy had emotion to her voice as she thought over mattered to herself. 'I'm an idiot. I know this is asking for more confusion. What am I doing? I wanted to help the situation, not keep it the same. I want to be close to him, but I still want to be touched by him. Do I even know what I'm asking?'

"I want to belong to you."

'If I want to find out about what love is, then I need to be willing to take a chance.' No more. She would no longer fight with herself about her feelings with Copernicus, and no matter what happened and no matter how she got hurt, Tsubomi decided that she would surrender all to her master and allow herself to grow close to him.

"I'll be more careful from now on. We shouldn't be confused like this," the brunette and lazily stroked her cheek with his thumb. "We have far too many problems to deal with now, and with Millie here, we have even more to be concerned with."

To Be Continued