Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Illusions ❯ Coscatta ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxXx

Shattered Illusions

Chapter 20: Coscatta

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXxXx

Millie was outside in the rose garden casually watering with the tin as Tsubomi walked along the concrete walkway and darted off onto the sidewalk. She looked down, her face riddled with a sorrowful expression and a deep set frown.

“Oh my god! Are you alright?” The school girl's voice was urgent as she threw down the watering tin; water splashed everywhere as she ran to the tom boy's side. “Tsubomi-kun! I was so worried about you!” She wrapped her arms around the taller girl in a tight hug and then pulled back with her hands on her shoulders. “What happened? You look so sad…What happened between you and Copernicus?”

The brown-haired girl said nothing and merely took her hands away, shaking her head.

This was more worrisome than before. “I haven't seen you in a week. You don't look very good. You're so pale. You look like you've been depressed.”

Still, her answer was silence.

“Hey…Please talk to me…” Millie's voice increased in concern. It wasn't like Tsubomi not to talk to her at all. She was quiet and stoic, yes but nothing like that.

The tom boy sighed and walked past her, going into the house without a single word. When she got inside, none other than Copernicus met her in the living room. “You're back.”

Like hell she was answering him.

“Are you vexed at me because I backhanded you?” He questioned.

No answer.

“It's rude not to speak when you're spoken to. How are your injuries? Are you healing well? Honestly, this is annoying,” the vampire's face contorted into one of anger and irritation. She was being defiant on purpose.

“Sorry…Master…I had my reasons for doing what I did, but in a way, you're right. I did put everything on the line that you tried to keep close to you, including myself but I thought it was the best plan of action,” her words were subtle and defeated. She refused to make eye contact with him and her gaze stayed on the floor.

At that moment, Millie barged in the room with an angry look on her face. “Copernicus!” Her voice had a sharpness to it and with the tone of his name alone, he knew that she was about to chew him out. “What did you do to Tsubomi-kun? He won't even talk to me now, you stupid jerk face!” The girl continued to complain before the scene in front of her stopped her dead in her tracks. “Hm?” She blinked. “Oh crap.”

“Sorry Millie, I've just not been myself lately,” Tsubomi apologized in the same voice she projected to her master.

The school girl put her hands on her hips and leveled them both with a look of irritation. “Okay, we seriously need to talk.”

“Alright, we should all be on the same page,” Copernicus agreed.

“Tell me about it.”

`I will treat you gently.' That phrase echoed through her mind before the harsh smack to the face reeled through her form. Tsubomi could still feel the stinging in her cheek from that harsh slap that was delivered to her face. Her frown deepened at the thought. She had never felt more humiliated in her life, or so low. Then again, did she not deserve it for lying to him? She truly was a fool.

“Do you not like that idea, Tsubomi-kun?” Millie blinked upon noticing her disapproving look.

“You risk too much. You should know that risking your life is not in the plan. Why the hell would you shoot yourself? Are you psychotic?” Not to mention she lost the blood that was so precious to him. Humans truly were selfish creatures.

“You…shot yourself?” The girl was confused and worried, more so than she was before. “Do you have mental issues?”

“Would you idiots listen to me?” Tsubomi shot lowly. “I know where Prince Yale is hiding.”

“What?” Now Copernicus was willing to be rational. It figured.

“I saw him earlier when I was in town, so I followed him. Hizaki found me and knocked me out. I also saw Hide and I found out where he's hiding. It's beneath the rose garden,” the tom boy educated them on the knowledge she had obtained. To her, getting shot was worth this even if the pain right now was killing her beyond belief.

“The one that I said was hollow underneath?” The vampire inquired.

“Yes, you were correct. It's a giant, underground palace. I also saw Hide and Estella Nu.”

“Did she torture you? Are you alright?” Millie knew of the horrors of her dungeon all too well. It was enough to give her a life time of nightmares, and her body was still recovering from some of the wounds given to her by that sadistic bat from hell. She could only imagine the unspeakable horrors if she had gotten a hold on Tsubomi. Hell, she'd rather shoot herself if it was her than ever get tortured again.

“It was worth it to find out what I had. I did this for the benefit of the vampires, though I have to say that it was accidental. I decided to find out what I could while I was there. Also, something else that was interesting was that Hizaki had thought Prince Yale to be dead when he was initially rumored to die.” That meant that Estella Nu had been keeping Yale's existence to herself. The only question was why?

“So, that means that someone kept him alive in secret,” Copernicus noted.

“If that's true, then someone must be plotting to overthrow this Hide guy,” Millie probably wasn't too far off in that assumption. It made sense to her, at least.

“Unless it was Hide himself,” the vampire replied.

“I don't think so. Personally, I don't think that Hide knows a lot of things that go on amongst his subordinates.” That was more than apparent to the tomboy.

“How big is this thing anyway? I mean, how many vampires serve Hide?” The school girl asked. The way that she made it sound, this place must have been absolutely huge.

“I'm not sure but I think there's about a hundred, but they didn't seem normal…Their eyes were glassy and blank. They looked like puppets,” Tsubomi noted.

“They were possessed,” Copernicus informed.

“By Hizaki, right?” Millie glanced towards him for affirmation.

“I'm not sure of that, but if it is by Hizaki alone, then there's some true power behind him.”

“Okay, so Hizaki was the queen's advisor. That means that he was probably the best of one or one of the best Psivamps around. Even you say it's plausible for him to have that kind of power,” Tsubomi deducted. At least, this was a theory of hers based on the information that Copernicus had leaked to her.

“That's scary! Do you think he could possess Prince Yale?” Millie was worried now. Yale could not talk, that meant that he could not vocalize a possession taking place.

“He could possess any of us,” Copernicus was disturbed by that thought alone.

“Even you, I can't say I'm not possessed now.” After all, Tsubomi had been possessed by Hizaki before. In some levels of possession, someone could be completely unaware of their state.

“If that's true, then we're helping him out,” Millie's realization came crashing down around her. That was the ultimate worst case scenario. She hoped to god that would never come to pass.

“I'm not possessed. There's no way…” At least, she didn't think there could be. It didn't feel like her prior possession.

“Well, you look horrible but not lifeless,” Millie joked.

“There are different levels of possession. Any one of us could be possessed,” Copernicus smiled slightly. Half of it was a joke, but half of it was something he could not have been more serious on. More than anyone, he knew the different levels of possession in Psivamps and someone like Hizaki was no joke.

“Seriously! Oh god!” No way! No freaking way! She didn't want to be possessed. The school girl was tired of being hurt and tortured. Getting possessed would just be another thing that further frayed the strings of what was left of her sanity.

“Even Prince Yale…In fact, he'd be the most likely of any of us,” Tsubomi reminded them of the Prince's deteriorating state of mind and overall weakness. It would make him the perfect vessel.

Millie's features only amplified their feelings. `Was that…really possession?' She certainly hoped not…Not after all that they had done.

“Are you sure you're alright?” Copernicus questioned once again.

No answer.

“Tsubomi Sakurazawa, don't think that what happened between us changes anything,” his voice was colder now, brash and commanding. She knew that she wasn't getting away with anything even if she tried. No matter how stubborn she was, she could not be silent for long.

Finally, she bent under his grip. “I know I screwed up…I'm trying to make up for it. I know I shouldn't have even stuck my nose in your business when I don't know anything. I'm an idiot for taking things into my own hands and playing spy. I thought I'd help everyone out, but I wasn't very successful. Now I know that Hizaki could be stronger than what I gave him credit for and I see how foolish I was. I deserved to be backhanded,” the girl fell to her knees. “Forgive me.”

Millie was shocked. “Backhanded? You hit him?”

The brunette knelt beside of the girl and put his hand on the side of her face, lifting her visage to gaze up at him. “Don't bow to me. Bowing is a form of fear; I don't want you to bow before me. I want you to stand beside of me,” his vernacular changed, it was now softer, matching the look on his face as he spoke in a loving tone to her.

“What?” As always, he perplexed her with his sudden change in emotion.

“How cute!” The maroon-haired girl clapped happily and clasped her hands together in delight.

Copernicus smiled. “Despite what you did, you are a genius in ways, especially to think of doing what you did. You successfully managed to get yourself out of a situation with no problems,” he took her small hand in his and kissed it lightly, lovingly.

Tsubomi was confused. What in the hell? He was so pissed at her for disregarding his feelings before and now he was complimenting her. “Decide whether you love me or you hate me for it.”

“I was simply angry. You shouldn't act without my adivce.” It wasn't worth losing their bond over. It was out of concern more than anything, both for him and for her. Regardless of how he presented himself, he did worry for her.

“You said…You said you'd treat me gently.” It shouldn't have hurt her this badly, and yet she couldn't get over it. It hurt her, far more than what she was willing to admit.

“So…I did….” He said lowly, stroking her hair. “I have a nasty temper, just ask Prince Yale.” After all, he was noted for his cold behavior in the royal court. The mute prince had seen this on more than one occasion. He could testify to his statement.

“You dumbass, he can't talk! You're so mean!” Millie, however, took it as an insult to her dear Prince's disability.

“I didn't mean it like that. I've hit him as well.” Copernicus sighed.

“Abusive,” the school girl pouted.

“I hope that you can still trust me,” the vampire turned his sights back to his donor.

“I stupidly do.” As much as she wanted to beat herself up for her idiocy. “I know I'm wrong. I acted like I knew everything before but I don't really know crap.” It was only until that moment did she realize how hard her fall truly was. All that time, Tsubomi had always prized herself on being a step ahead of the game, but this time, the game took a twist and blindsided her.

“I hate seeing you like this.” It wasn't her style. Copernicus preferred a donor who was strong and stood their own, not one who cowered before him.

“Excuse me for being in pain,” Tsubomi shot before she was pulled into a tight embrace. Her master hooked his arms beneath hers and played with a tendril of her hair, winding it around his fingers in his usual fashion. She placed a hand on the back of his head in return. They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment.

“I can't stay made at you.”

“I hope not, I've had my ass kicked enough. Trust me, I can't be any lower,” Tsubomi sighed to herself.

“I'll try to take less anger out on you. I was just worried.” Often times, that anger that he projected was pain or sorrow. He tried not to do that to his donor, but that time he was just so freaked out and worried that he let his emotions run wild and lost his composure.

“You can't keep me untouched forever.” That had a double meaning, none of which were perverted.

“You should let me protect you.”

“You know what I said earlier?” Tsubomi asked.

“You're not my bitch page boy?” He smiled.

“Yeah…I'm not your princess either,” she frowned and leveled him with a look.

“You certainly don't like to be claimed.”

“That's not it…I really…” She trailed off.

“I want to claim you,” the words were almost sensual as they rolled off of his lips with fluidity.

“Hey, I know that I didn't make a big difference but I want you to trust in my abilities. I'll trust you more if you don't think I'm so frail,” she was being serious this time. Tsubomi didn't have time for his bullshit sexual remarks.

“Live up to it and I'll be angry a lot less,” he replied simply. To be his equal, she must get to his level to giant hate type of respect.

“I'll belong to you if you do two things,” she held up two fingers and leveled him with a serious expression.

“What?” This would be interesting.

“Tell me more things, so that I can help you and…” Tsubomi leaned to the side of his head, whispering the words tenderly in his ear. “Treat me gently…I want to know what it feels like to be loved…”

“Be patient with me and I can definitely-“ His low words were cut off by a sharp knock at the door. Dark blue eyes darted over to Millie, who was standing there in a daze with blush painted on her face and her hands clasped together. He could have sworn that he was hearts in her eyes as she reveled in complete bliss from their little `moment'. “Damn. What timing.”

“Let Millie get it,” Copernicus could feel Tsubomi's breath against his face.

Grasping a nearby fork, he chunked it at the girl. The metal object bounced off of her head.

“Get the door. I'm busy.”

“Ow! Do I look like a maid?” Millie complained as she rubbed her head in pain and irritation. That really hurt for such a little piece of cutlery. It even left a red mark on her temple.

“Am I changing your rent?” The vampire asked slyly.

“That speaks multitudes. Heh, heh…” Millie nervously laughed before she dashed to the front door and opened it, revealing a girl, who looked to be no older than sixteen or seventeen. She had shoulder-length, bright blue hair and matching eyes. Long, blue spirals were held back with a fuchsia bow. Her Lolita dress was a bright pink with black lace, black panty hose and shiny black heels. She was very charming, with round eyes, framed in dark lashes, pink lipstick and creamy skin, free of impurities.

The petite girl blinked at her in confusion. “Who are you?” Her voice was very feminine and sort of edgy.

“Uh, likewise,” Millie had never even seen this girl before. Did Copernicus know her? Maybe she was friends with Tsubomi? Nah, she seemed more the vampire's type of acquaintance.

“Coscatta?” Yep, he definitely knew who she was. Glancing away from his donor, he instantly recognized that uppity voice. There was no mistaking her.

“Copernicus!” The girl darted through the door, nearly running over Millie as she flung herself forward, lunging into the brunette's arms as Tsubomi stared blankly at the both of them. Her pain was immense and she was only half in this world to begin with, but this confusion was enough to push her senses to their limits.

“Who the hell?” Her voice was disjointed from reality.

“Coscatta?” Millie instantly knew what was going on now. Copernicus has some explaining to do.

“How do you know me? Are you some sort of stalker? Who are these people?” The blue-haired girl was full of questions, and rude ones at that. She was certainly possessive of Copernicus.

“Who's Coscatta?” Tsubomi inquired.

“Coscatta is Copernicus' other donor.” It wasn't like she meant to keep it from Tsubomi. She honestly thought that she knew about the vampire's other donors.

“Other? You mean you have another one? That's why you left me behind?” Coscatta questioned as she glanced over to the tom boy, casting her a judgmental eye. “Um…are you sure he's your donor? I mean, he looks anemic and he's really kind of scrawny,” the blue-haired girl walked up to Tsubomi, who arched an eye brow and frowned in disapproval. “What's your name? I'm Coscatta Boucellini.”

“Boucellini…” Thinking back on it, she remembered that name. “Are you related to Virgil Boucellini?”

“I'm his sister. I assume Copernicus told you,” the girl placed a hand on her chest as she proudly stated her status. She was very proud of her status and lineage. Maybe there were a few things that she could teacher her about Copernicus.

“I'm Sakurazawa Tsubomi by the way. Sorry I look like hell.” Compared to this pristine beauty, she might as well have been some homeless, scraggly bum off of the street. It was embarrassing, really.

“He's depressed and hurt,” Millie explained, much to Tsubomi's dismay. “He…um…Well, I'm not sure how well of a topic that is without sounding weird so never mind, just know that he's hurt really bad.” Yeah, explaining to some stranger that your friend shot himself was not the best of plans.

“Yes, I was about to take him to bed,” Copernicus explained.

“Aren't you supposed to be in hiding?” The school girl asked the guest. She was pretty sure that Coscatta was not supposed to leave if her master did not want her to. Didn't donors move according to their master's will, or maybe she had it wrong? This donor thing was very confusing to her.

“I snuck over here without being seen. I missed my master,” Coscatta said with adoration as she wrapped her arms around the taller man's waist, hugging him close.

“I missed you as well, Coscatta,” Copernicus turned his gaze to the girl as they shared a passionate kiss.

Tsubomi glanced down with heavy eyes. She could not tell if it was from sorrow or simply because she was anemic and tired. It was things like that which made her realize that the relationship she had with Copernicus was a standard one. When it all came down to it, she and Coscatta were on the same level. They both served the same purpose, and she was a damned fool to think that she could ever be anything more than that. `If you have any mercy on a liar like me, please just let me pass out.'

Millie was shocked at the kiss. While she was distracted, Tsubomi pulled her neck tie tight, cutting off her air supply. Anything was better than this, and the guilt upon her shoulders was unbearable. `Just let me suffocate. I'm tired of hurting. I'm so stupid. I thought he liked me and he treats all of his donors that way. What made me think that I could ever compare to him?' She pulled tighter and her body instinctively convulsed from the lack of air. Slowly, her vision faded to black as her body hit the floor. The last thing she saw was Copernicus shouting her name as he pushed away from Coscatta's kiss.

…To Be Continued