Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Someone To Love? ❯ Someone To Love? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

She slammed the different paints down onto the counter, not caring about the mess she was making. She slopped some of the paint onto a plate and grabbed it before storming over to station.

When asked what was wrong, she replied she had been betrayed or stabbed in the back or some magnificent lie. Nobody pressed further as she began throwing paint haphazardly everywhere, a la Pollock.

After running out of paint, she went to the supply room to find a nice, horrid pink to tie the piece together. She searched the shelves until she found an electrifying pink…being taken by another girl.

As she readied to fight to the death for the paint, the other girl, Allison, asked:

“Why are you so unhappy?”

She paused, thinking.

“Is it over the math test? Because I fai-”

“I just want someone to love me.” Her words were a rush, mumbled and jumbled together. She felt a hot, tightness around her eyes, and she turned away.

She didn’t want her shame and loneliness completely bared to a virtual stranger, afterall.

An uneasy silence lay stagnant between them, and she felt a hand pat her shoulder.

Her tears filled the room twice over.