Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Starship Jupiter ❯ Meet the Crew ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: likeness and names of people and places are made up not to be mistaken for real people or places.

Starship Jupiter

Chapter 1

The year is 30XX the great mind of the world have finally finished the first ever hyper-gate. The hyper-gates were so that man could travel the universe in matter of days. The leaders of the world had decided who will lead the first hyper-gate jump mission. Capt.Lexa is a renowned starship captain she lead the moon liberation mission and thanks to her great leadership and determination her crew was able to over throw their advisories. Capt.Lexa is a mysterious woman and little is known about her personal life.

[EDF (Earth Defense Force) HQ]

14:00 Oct 19th

Commander Keller reviewed the information on his viewing screen. *Bing bong* the viewing screen switched to the camera that is on the commander’s door. Capt.Lexa was standing outside the room waiting to talk with the commander about the hyper-gate mission. “Enter!” The commander said as the door slid open with a swooshing sound. Capt.Lexa entered the commander’s quarters, she walked up to his desk and saluted him

“Commander Keller! Capt.Lexa reporting for duties sir!” She said

“At ease Lexa!” The commander got up from behind his desk saluting the Captain and gave her a hug. “How are you doing sweetie?” The commander smiled at his daughter.

“Sir! While on duty you are my Commander and not my father!” Lexa said rather cold to her father. Any other father would be put off if their daughter talked to them like this but Keller knew Lexa all to well and that she takes her job very seriously. “Here is my list of the people I require to be transferred to me for this mission.” She said handing him the data that held the names.

The Commander reviewed the data then looked at his daughter. “Are you sure about some of these people Captain? I mean most of them barely graduated from the academy! One of them was even discharged for breaking one of the academy’s laws! *sigh* but you know what your doing so I will not question this any more. I will have them transferred to your ship.” The commander rubbed his forehead unsure of his daughters thinking. “If that is all Capt.Lexa you are dismissed!” He said waving his hand to her. The Captain saluted him and left.

[Roxie’s Dinner Downtown New York City]

10:00


“SHAWN WHERE THE HELL IS MY ORDER!” The round waiter bellowed into the kitchen.

“Calm down! It’s coming up ok! Jez learn to chill out man.” The young man said as he got plates ready to go out. This is not where Shawn saw himself, but thanks to being falsely charged for a crime he didn’t do his career as an ace pilot was taken away from him and he only blamed one person for his misfortunes. “If it wasn’t for that bitch Lexa I would be flying and defending the people of the world, but no! She had to accuse me of rigging an academy mech! That’s the thanks I get for trying to stop the real criminals from rigging the mechs!” Shawn was so wrapped up in his venting that he didn’t see the food that he was cooking was beginning to belch out black smoke until it was too late.

The buzzing of the smoke alarm rang through out the dinner as the sprinkler system turned on soaking every one and everything in the dinner. “Tomsan!!!!!!!! YOU’RE FIRED!” was all he heard from his boss before being tossed out of the dinner by two large men.

“Damn it! This is just great! Now I don’t have a job and my rent is due!” He shouted as he made his way to his apartment which had another surprise for him. “Eviction!” He tore the paper from his door and cursed under his breath. What had he done to make god hate him and make his life a living hell? A letter dropped from the door from behind the note it had the seal of the EDF on it. “EDF!? Why would they send me a letter?” he opened the letter fast his hopes high only to be crushed again as he read it. “A cook on the starship Jupiter?” He couldn’t believe it, he was just going to cook for a crew on a starship this was a punishment more then anything. He continued to read until his eyes landed at the bottom of the letter. Capt.Lexa requires your assistance and has requested your transfer to the starship Jupiter. His blood boiled seeing her name, why would she request him to be part of HER crew? She had to remember him right? If anything it was a new job and on top of that it was for EDF perhaps this was going to be a change of luck for him and Lexa won’t be in the kitchen right? She is the Captain and has no business in the kitchen. Shawn nodded and made his way to the EDF HQ.

[Joe’s Mech repair Santana CA]

14:00

“Jesse! Phone call for ya!” The main mechanic shouted to the man with a cigarette in his mouth lighting it with a welding torch.

“A’ right I’m commin!” Jesse jumped down from the top of the service truck and grabbed the phone. “This is Jesse god to women speaking.” He said with a grin.

“Jesse Fettes! Is that any way to talk to your mother!?” The woman on the other end scolded her now red faced son.

“Ma I’m sorry.” He said taking a long drag “what ya need Ma?”

“Are you smoking!? You’re going to kill yourself doing that! Any way I’m calling because the vacuum is acting up again can you come over and fix it?”

“Aw Ma! I’m a mechanic not a service repair man jez.” We said annoyed

“Oh fine I’ll do it myself. Sure treat the woman who gave birth to you like just a commoner. All I asked was for a little help and he turns me down.” His mother’s guilt trip was working on him as he put out his smoke and sighed.

“A’ right Ma I’ll be their in an hour ok?” He said defeated

“Aw that’s my baby boy.” She said hanging up the phone. Jesse lit another cigarette and sighed.

His mother handed him a letter that came in the mail that had EDF seal on it. “Holy shit! A letter from EDF! OW MA! Why you hit me for?” He said rubbing his head were his mother smacked him.

“Watch your language young man!” She scolded him again

“A’ right I’m sorry Ma.” He said reading the letter.

Dear Mr.Fettes

Capt.Lexa of the starship Jupiter requests you transfer to the ship as its head Mech mechanic. Your knowledge of the new systems and expertise in Mech repair is needed for an up coming mission you will be paid for your time working on Jupiter. You’re to go to the EDF HQ in NYC a shuttle ticket is included in this letter. You are to report to Commander Keller who will brief you on the mission and your job as well as show you the people you will be working with.

EDF HQ

“Hey Ma! Where is my suit case?” He said with a big smile on his face. Jesse knew who Capt.Lexa was and he thought she was a babe, her crimson eyes, stone hard stance, and her commanding voice. Another grin came to his face as his thoughts turned perverted.

[London England]

22:00

The blue hair of a young man could be seen poking out from under blankets. Corwin was having a nice dream when he was pulled from his sleep by the buzzing of the door to his apartment. “Bloody hell! I’m Coming!” he threw a robe on and stumbled to the door only to have a letter shoved in his face by a delivery man.

“Here you are have a nice eve sir!” the man said and left.

“Only this for a Damn letter!?” Corwin grumbled as he opened the letter with the EDF seal on it. A grin came to his face as he finished reading it. So Lexa long time no see. Guess you need an Ace pilot for your starship. He thought to himself. Corwin may be the only person who was a friend to Capt.Lexa as the two of them worked together at the academy.

[ADM High school nurses office. Adel IA]

10:00

Dr.Hall sat in her chair looking at the computer screen. Working as a high school nurse was not where she thought her collage education would put her. Six years of school training and this is where she works? She sighed as she stared a new game of hearts for the 10th time. The principal of the school knocked on her door and she closed the game as he entered and placed a letter on her desk. “Well Dr.Hall it seems the earth needs you.” He said with a smile and left the office.

Lara opened the EDF letter and read it.

Dr.Hall

Capt.Lexa of the starship Jupiter has requested you as the starships head medic for her next mission. After reviewing you profile you are the prime candidate for this job. A shuttle ticket is included in this letter as you are requested to head to EDF HQ in NYC.

Commander Keller



[2 weeks later at EDF HQ]



Capt.Lexa Stood behind the one way window looking at her new crew as they all listened to the mission briefing that was given by Commander Keller. She looked at each person making mental notes of who they are and what they look like as a Captain she should be able to know her crew by name and face.

Jesse the ships head mechanic, fast worker, can be a smart ass and a bit cocky. Lexa read over his review and quirked an eyebrow as she read on. Womanizer? “I’ll have to keep an eye on him then” she said to herself going on to the next review

Shawn…... “Yes…..I remember him” she continued on. Good cook had potential to be a good pilot but was discharged from the academy. He is a loner and prefers to work alone. “hmm I hope he can make a decent cup of tea” she went on to the next person.

This one she knew very well. Corwin AKA Sonic. Ace starship pilot, Saturn Belt Run Test Time 1hr 13min 5sec which is a record that won’t be broken any time soon. She put the review down knowing Corwin from their days in the academy.

Dr.Lara Hall. Graduated top of her class, works at a high school. “Poor girl, top of her class and gets a shit job.” Lexa grinned and read on. Lara is also known for curing the Saturn flu that took the lives of many back in 2035. Lexa continued on reading more reviews as the briefing continued in the next room.

“So as you all now know this mission is very important for earth. Our energy sources are low and the source of Fossil fuels has been depleted we are hopping to colonize star systems that have photon crystals. The prime goal of this mission is to set up more Hyper-gates! Remember that. All of you have an important job on this mission do not forget that.” Commander Keller said to every one. The only person who didn’t take pride in their job was Shawn.

“I’m a cook how is that important?” Shawn thought as the Commander went on.

“Capt.Lexa has chosen all of you from a long list of candidates so take pride in that as well for you all will have a hand in the future of Earth and when your mission is finished you will be in simple words heroes. Do any of you have questions?” the commander finished looking at them.

Jesse raised his hand. “Yeah I got a question. When do we get to meet Capt.Lexa? I hear she is a babe.” He grinned only to have the commander glaring at him.

“Capt.Lexa is your Captain and you will treat her as such do I make my self clear!?” he yelled as he held Jesse up by his shirt.

“Crystal clear….um Sir!”

Behind the glass Lexa just shock her head. She took out her data pad and wrote down some notes then


went back to viewing what was going on.

Shawn raised his hand and asked. “Commander Sir! What kind of Ship is the Jupiter Sir!?”

“The Jupiter is the first S class Colony ship. Capt.Lexa Requested only the best for this mission and that included the crew.” He said clearing his throat. “In the Files I handed you all there is a run down of the spec of the ship. If you all will excuse me I will return in a moment feel free to look in the files and get to know each other. Also Jesse there is no smoking in here!” The commander left the room only to join Lexa.

Jesse looked over the ship file only to be in aw of the ship and equipment he would be in charge of repairing and maintaining.

Name: EDF Jupiter

Type: Colony ship

Class: S

Power core: 1 photon crystal (about the size of a hummer)

Weapons: 10 class B energy lasers, 4 class B photon launchers, 2 class C mining lasers

Shielding system: Class A Corilion SPS Shielding system


Docking bay: 30+ class A EDF landing ships

Mechs: Basic Class C EDF Mech unit. Photon power core, EMS packs, Energy blade, Full auto Assault Rifle, jump boosters, Class C shield Generators.

Note: Energy blade technology still in prototype phase. Pilots should refrain from using blades for long periods as they drain energy cores fast. Class C Shielding is light enough for mechs and should be used only in emergencies.

“Damn! Heavy armed for a colony ship…..” Jesse thought out loud.

Ship Cloaking: Standard EDF D class Cloaking

Engines: 4 S class Corilion photon thrusters and 10 class D EPB (Emergency Photon Boosters)

Jesse whistled as he finished reading. “Talk about balls to the wall power for a colony ship huh?” He said and only got nods from every one as they read the file. Shawn just sat their in his seat. I don’t need to know about the Damn ship I’m just a cook. All I should care about is where the kitchen is. He thought

Corwin had the biggest smile on his face because he was going to be piloting this awesome ship.

Lara on the other hand couldn’t wait to check out the med bay and meet the others she will be working with in the med bay.

“do you think they are ready commander?” Lexa asked her father though she really didn’t need an answer.


“Yes I do. Are you read?” Keller asked a little worried about his only child about to head out on a big space mission. Yes their was a chance that they may never return.


[Victory Isle EDF Launch Site]

0600



The Jupiter was docked in the middle of the launch site photon charging at 89%. A crew of 200+ people worked hard getting the systems up and running in time for launch at 1200. *Bing bong* the sound of the PA speakers rang. “This is Capt.Lexa on my signal we will begin the final check off.” She spoke with strong command as every crewmen listened to their leader. Lexa looked around the bridge at her crew. Corwin his fingers flying on his consol going over the system, Jenna making adjustments to the communication station, Ken making sure shields were powered up, lasers working. Lexa was pleased with every ones hard work.

Down in the mess hall was a different story. Shawn with nothing to do went through the kitchen making a mental note on where things were was interrupted when is personal communicator went off. “Tomsan report to the bridge ASAP!” Lexa’s voice snapped. Shawn just sighed and made his was to the bridge.


1045 (1hr 15min till launch)


Shawn sat next to the Captain still stunned by what she said to him

*4 hours ago*

“Tomsan report to your post.” Lexa said to him her voice was cold it matched her eyes as she looked at him.

“Captain Ma’am! I was at my Post Ma’am!” Shawn said to her like the good soldier he was though deep down he had some other words he would have liked to use.

Lexa gave him a dark smile, one that sent a shiver down his spine. “I’ve promoted you to second in command Tomsan!”

They he sat unable to grasp what happened and unable to hear the Captain talking to him.


“Tomsan! Pay attention!” The Captain barked at him.

“Yes Ma’am sorry Ma’am!” He said trying to collect his thoughts

“If I find that you are no suited for this job I will send you back to the kitchen as the cook do I make my self clear?” Lexa threatened him. His blood boiled and he stood up slamming his fist on the chair.

“Crystal clear! Captain. If you will excuse me I need to report to my post in the kitchen…..Ma’am!” with that he stormed off down to the mess hall. Lexa had a dark grin on her face as she turned her attention to her crew.

The PA system turned on again. “5min till launch! Final check! Docking bay!” Lexa’s voice shouted.

“Good to go babe!” Jesse reported with a cocky grin

“Medical bay!”

“Ready Captain!” Lara reported

“Engine room!”

“Engines are hot and purring Captain lets light up the sky!” Sa’iara reported with a howl.

“Communications!”

“Are a go Captain!”

“Shields!”

“Up and running!”
“weapons!”

“Charged and loaded Ma’am!”

“Pilot!”

“Ready to let lose Captain!”

“This is Capt.Lexa of the starship Jupiter. Captain and Crew ready for launch all systems Green.” She reported to Ground Zero Command.

“Roger that Jupiter you are go for take off in 10…..9……8…” every one waited and watched as the count down began. Lexa sat in the captains chair seeming un phased by every thing every one else held their breathes. “4…..3……2…..1…..we have ignition!”

Jupiter roared through the sky at extreme speed. The sky light up to the awesome site. The roar of the engines drowned out all sound over 100 miles. This was it the fate of the world was on the shoulders of the Jupiter Crew. As the ship exited the earth’s atmosphere it made its way to Hyper-gate Alpha located 100000 miles from the moon. “Congratulations Starship Jupiter launch was a success and you are clear for the hyper-gate god speed!” Commander Keller said a tear coming to his eyes as his daughter was about to make history.
With the launch of the Jupiter a success all the crew begin to work hard for the future of mankind.