Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Starship Jupiter ❯ Start of a New Era ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: likeness and names of people and places are made up not to be mistaken for real people or places.

Starship Jupiter

Chapter 2

The entire world watched on their Televisions the broadcast of the Jupiter preparing for it launch from the Hyper-gate. Lexa sat in the captain’s chair showing no emotion holding her stone face. “Corwin….Heat up the engines.” She said looking at the blue haired pilot.

“Aye Lexa….I mean Captain!” Corwin said earning a look of death from his Captain. She nodded giving him the command to give the ship all she had to make the gate jump, the ship sailed smoothly through open space to the jump gate.

Mean while down in the mess hall Shawn was busy making a dish to calm himself down after Lexa’s little stunt on deck, he was so wrapped up in what he was doing he did not see the other person walk up behind him. “Excuse me?” Came a soft and warm voice, it made Shawn jump he ended up knocking the woman down.

“Oh I’m sorry you kind of startled me!” He said and looked at the girl he had knocked down. She took his breath away she was very beautiful. Long blond hair and green eyes that shined. Coming to his senses he leaned down to help the woman up off the floor. “I’m Shawn.” He gave her a warm smile and extended his hand to her.

The young woman saluted him. “Alisa Robins! Pilot and apprentice cook working under you Sir!!” She blushed a little from her actions and bit her lower lip. Shawn couldn’t help but have a big smile while looking at her and nearly melted when she bit her lower lip

“Ah um, you don’t have to salute me, to be honest I rather you didn’t, you see down here we are all equals, ranks don’t mean any thing. You understand what I mean?” He felt awkward around Alisa and tried his best to tell her that he wishes for every one in the kitchen to act like normal people.

Alisa smiled and him and nodded her head before shaking his hand. “I think I can live with that Shawn.” She blushed a little, they held hands for a while till they both pulled away and felt embarrassed. He spent the next few hours showing the young woman the kitchen and telling her about him self and leaned that Alisa was from the Bronx. Shawn felt a growing companionship for Alisa and wondered if she felt it too.

Back on the bridge an alarm screeched “Jupiter this is EDF Moon base Alpha we are getting a containment breach in cargo hold 13. Launch had been delayed until the containment breach is fixed.” A voice came over the comm. system.

“Corwin! You have the bridge until I return. Jenna Code Yellow! I need 5 troops to meet me in cargo hold 13!” Lexa commanded her crew they all go to work as she made her way to the cargo hold, she armed herself with an academy blaster that she always had at her side. Lexa was one hell of a sharp shooter in the academy and kept her skills sharp.

Down in the Cargo hold the five troops and the captain slowly moved through the big hold pistols ready. Lexa made the command for two of the troopers to check out three boxes by the gates. As the troopers got closer to the boxes a strange noise startled them, they shouted and open fire on the boxes emptying their clips and panting hard. Lexa hearing the guns going off bolted to where the troops were, she grabbed them by the necks and threw them to the ground. “YOU DO NOT OPEN FIRE UNLESS I SAY SO! DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR!?” Lexa yelled at the two men fire burning in her crimson eyes. She was ready to shoot them herself; the troopers to terrified to speak nodded their heads before the Captain kicked open what was left of the box where the noise had come from. Lucky for what was inside the troops had shoot high on the box as a husky pup jumped out and into the captain’s arms. Lexa was not a dog person and quickly dropped the pup causing every one froze as Lexa just dropped the dog, “Kill it or find it a place to live out of my sight now!” she huffed and stomped off.

“A damn dog! God they delayed our launch for a dog?!” She yelled to no one as she was the only one in the lift. Corwin went back to his seat when the captain returned. “Alpha this is Jupiter! Containment breach has been fixed, engines are hot and we are ready for the first gate jump. All systems are green Alpha!”

“Roger that Jupiter! Hyper-gate systems are green you are cleared for Hyper-jump! Good luck and god speed!” Said the commanding officer on the moon base.


Back in the hold the troops were trying to figure out what to do with the husky pup until one of them took it down to the kitchen figuring it would make a good side dish. Shawn yelled at the troop and kicked him out of the kitchen and decided to keep the dog for himself after a little encouragement from Alisa.


Once again the Jupiter’s four S class Corilion photon thrusters roared. The hyper-gate activated and engulfed the ship in a white light, and in a blink of the eyes the ship was gone all that was left behind was a white trail. The jump had started a new era for man kind and on this date of October 15th 20XX the government changed the year to 1 SE (Space Era).

[Unknown reaches of space]
November 5th 1 SE

The Jupiter made it way through open space like a knife through butter. Captain Lexa looked around the bridge at her crew that was working hard at their jobs. A small smile came to her face as she looked over at Corwin who was enjoying himself way to much just piloting the ship, the smile faded when he decided to pull the ship to the right hard causing a slight jerk. Lexa sighed “Every one I am going to my chambers I am not to be bothered unless it’s an emergency!” Every one nodded and got back to work. “Corwin! Come to my office once your replacement has come to relieve you!” Lexa left the bridge and Corwin just gulped.

Back in Lexa’s room she was dressed in her night robe after just getting out of the shower and was sitting at her desk drinking a cup of tea. Corwin pressed the comm. To Lexa’s room and entered. “You wanted to see me Ma’am?” He said feeling very worried about what Lexa might do.

“Corwin we have known each other for 5 years and I consider you a close friend, but don’t think you can do what ever you damn well please with my ship! Do you understand!?” She barked at him

“Yes Lexa I understand and I’m sorry”. Corwin bowed his head to Lexa, she smiled and the lights in her room slowly faded out.


Please People give me your reviews!!!!!!!!