Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Affair ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Affair


It wasn’t supposed to be like this, just sex, no strings attached. He had to be different, had to be sweet and caring, the complete opposite of my husband. Ten years of marriage led me to this point where I am truly happy...to bad its not with the man I married.

This is how it started, I was married straight out of high school to a man named Nathan Armstrong. Captain of the football team, valedictorian and prom king. Me Inari Jones, just a pretty biracial girl from North Carolina. Half Japanese and Black, light skin with long hair and slanted brown eyes, HIS perfect bride. See my husband was very handsome, dark chocolate with short hair from New York, but he had a skin complex. The lighter you are the better, later in my story you’ll know what I mean. Well lets get to it!


“Inari, Inari wake up.” the man I fell in love with said waking me up I the middle of the night from out bedroom, which I’ve been sleeping alone in lately. We shared a condo in Manhattan not far from his multi million dollar business.

“Nathan, your finally here. Where have you been?” I asked. Usually my black side would come out but I was too tired.

“Out.” he responded flatly.

“Out where?” rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“It doesn’t matter. Look Inari, I have something to tell you.” loosening the knot in his tie, starring at me.

“What?” then he told me, everything went in slow motion, lets do a replay.

“I’m sorry but I have a business trip, it’s for two weeks.” That’s code for: sorry honey but I’m going on a little vacation with my mistress Becky. Now can we guess who she is, can I get a drum roll. (Thank you) if you were smart it’s his secretary, white with big breast something I lack, I just have a big bottom. Don’t look at me like I’m a racist, I just couldn’t be what he wanted anymore.

“Your going wit that tramp, ain’t you!” my black side came out, jumping up from my bed ready to slap the black off of him, but I didn’t.

“Its nothing like that! And she’s not a tramp!” stepping closer to my face.
“Get away from me!” I growled through my teeth inching closer to him. He would never hit me and live to tell, my three older brothers will kill him after I karate chop his neck. “Now your defending her! I see the way you two look at each other!”

“You want to know the truth?”

(Like I already didn’t know) “What?” my voice softening.

“Yes I cheated, with her.” nonchalantly backing away from me, mocking me with a smirk.

“Oh really... So you gonna leave me for a your secretary! That blond bimbo with the fake breast!” leaving a red print on his left cheek, if you looked close enough you would of seen water welling up in his eyes.

“I... guess I deserved that.” holding his swollen cheek.

“Ten years... Ten years... I gave up everything for you! Remember when I gave up that baby because you wanted your career! So this is how you repay me!” screaming into his face restraining myself from killing him. One year after we were married I got pregnant and he made me get an abortion. He thought having a baby would hurt his collage football career, since then we never tried to have another. Even after his football career fell through, and he took over his father’s business.

“I’m sorry but...” sounding sympatric, he never sounded like that with me, even with the baby. No sorry for asking you to give up the child your carrying, just it’s the best for now.

“Ok, it just didn’t work out. Don’t worry I’ll leave.” (Thank god I never signed that prenuptial, Donald Duck did!) packing a weeks worth of clothes and my credit card.

I ended coming back two weeks later to work things out, stupid me. Sadly enough things only got worse, he left more often becoming less and less discreet about his affair. You think that he would try to make things better for us, become closer, only we drew farther apart. Then one day at a bar that I frequently visited to forget my problems I met him.

“Hello, wat’s your name?” a gorgeous man brown skin with braids past his shoulders from the next seat asked me.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked shooting daggers at him. One part of me wanted him to stay, the other wanted him to leave.

“Because I want too.” smiling at me.

“Inari.”

“Jamal, that’s a odd name, your part Japanese?” cute and smart, most people think I’m Chinese, Korean, or any other kind of Asian. When I first moved to N.Y. when I was twelve everyone wanted my to translate what the Korean man said at the local fruit stand even when I told them I can only speak English.

“Yes, on my mother’s side.” smiling a real smile, with your lips going upwards and teeth showing.

“You have a nice smile.”

“Thanks.”

“So what you drinkin?”

“Scotch on the rocks.” turning to the bartender repeating the order.

“Heavy drinker?” I didn’t answer. “Quiet are we?”

“... I try not to talk so much.” my southern accent really came out then, taking a sip of my drink.

“How about I get your number and call you sometime?”

“How about we go to a hotel?” I am not gonna tell you what happened, you already know. This is when things get strange, he was still there. Usually during a one night stand you leave, but he stayed and ordered room service.

“Why are you still here?” I asked turning to the naked person next to me.

“Because I want too. You like bacon?” giving me a toothy smile, oddly enough he had no morning breath holding a plate of food.

“Yes.” taking it from his plate.

What was supposed to be a one night stand turned out to be the most wonderful changes in my life. Jamal and I have been “dating” for several months and are very happy. But its hard sometimes hiding from Nathan, I respected enough to do that. I never would of thought I would get caught, but I did.

“Inari! What are you doing?!” my “husband” I use that term loosely screamed catching me sitting on Jamal’s lap making out. Revenge is sooo very sweet.

“Oh its you... well this is Jamal, Jamal this is my husband, Nathan.” not really minding that I was caught, at this point I could care less. Ten years in an empty marriage, giving up a child and my dreams for him.

“You crazy bitch... you don’t care that I caught you cheating on me!” he screamed starring at the oddly calm couple.

“I caught you with Becky numerous times, some without you knowing it.” I sneered starring in his face, anger can really bring up your self confidence.

“This is different...” that was it I snapped leaving from Jamal’s warm lap to my husband’s face.

“DIFFERENT!!!!!!! All those years I’ve been loyal to you, gave up that baby for you, let you run around with that whore. And now you have the nerve to say its different! Wait a minute it is, I cheated to find what I should of been getting at home!” tackling him on the ground, before I could get a good hit Jamal pulled me off.

“Ari, leave him!” he whispered in my ear calming me down, when I first met Nathan he had the same effect on me.

“Your right baby.” turning to face the man on the floor. “I want a divorce! I will get you for everything you got!” leaving him in shock. I swore I could of smelled urine on the carpet.

The divorce went smoothly. Sadly I couldn’t sue him for everything he’s worth, only half. Since my ex husband owned a multinational corporation and I never signed a prenuptial I received half of his earnings in alimony, not like I needed it Jamal was a real-estate company owner. You guys should of been there it was hilarious, he cried after the verdict!

After the dust settled, Jamal and I got married and settled in my hometown of Raleigh North Carolina, near my parents. Needless to say my mother was ecstatic that I left Nathan and married Jamal. My mother Akira never liked my ex and constantly told him on numerous occasions, like our wedding. She’s the black side, which is very surprising since she’s Japanese.


Two years have passed and I have the family I always wanted. Nine months ago I gave birth to twins, a boy named Matthew, who we call Ju-Ju (like Ju-Ju Bees) because of his big head. And our daughter Raine, who we called Rinnie. Life is great and I have no regrets, I can truly say having an affair was one of the best decisions of my life. If you want to know how Nathan is doing, he’s in cell block D with Big Bob. Turns out our friend Becky was a fifteen year old runaway from Wisconsin and got a hold of some very good fake Id’s. Boy when her parents found out, the best lawyers could help him, except Johnny Cochran but that’s hard when your dead. He lost his company to a “merger” from a rival company. A tip to my dear ex, don’t drop the soap!