Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Cause for War ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

I slamed the doors open, and stood there, breathing heavy I tried to speak,
"so...sorry..."
the coucil leader looked up at me, "Andras...your very late, please sit down there" he then motioned towards that mage from the night before, i looked at the boy, and answered shortly, " No"
"Pardon me?" he asked"I not sitting next to him"
"just sit there, your late already..."
I sighed as i walked over to the where this boy was sitting and muttered as i sat, "cant believe this" followed by another sigh
"You're telling me...?" he muttered, not even looking at me, but forward towards the council members while he absent-mindedly fiddled with a shiny trinket. With that i sighed once more, i knew what was right and i knew that by my honor i was bound to say it,
"why am i here ... why" I was talking mostly to myself, "they know i never listen..." i hung my head as the words flowed from my mouth, "i apologize..."

he continued watching the coucil, sighed, and with mild interest spoke, "For what exactly...?"
"for the other night... it wasnt ... 'proper' " the word came out of my mouth like venom, i looked towards the coucil, "Dear god, i've only been here 20 seconds and im bored stiff" He paused, played with his silver coin, and contiued, " 'Proper' isn't something fighters usually are... wouldn't you say..." he paused again, "But neither am I, even with all the praise I receive from my elders...

I looked at this boy, and spoke " You have no idea what a fighter is, you have your propaganda yes, but thats not the truth, and it never will be...well...if enough people believe it then we're screwed but hey..." i lay my head on the chair and listened to his reply, well watching him fiddle with his coin again, "Why do you hate the Druirda so much anyway...?
I sat up straight, " No no no no no, i dont just hate the Druirda, i hate all people that hide behind magic, please, what type of excistance is that??"
"What about those who don't have the strength to fight for themselves...?" I laughed then replied,
"Then nothing, if they cannot defend themselves they cannot defend themselves, i frankly dont care, its the ones that pretend to be strong that piss me off" i stoped at the annoyed cough coming from the senior council member. Shortly after, and out of the blue, he continued, "So the ones that can't physically defend themselves should, what..? Just be left to die or be killed?
"when i say that??" i replied while looking at him, " those who cannot defend themselves should not be involved in war ... there should never be colateral damage ..."

The boys hand froze, he lowered his hand to rest on the table, gazing at the coin, "That's not everyone's opinion on the matter..."
"very true ... but it wasnt us using the helpless as shields ..."
" Yeah... I guess..."
"Milord Aengus, what is your opinion on the matter?" i looked up to see a high ranking wizard talking to this boy, Aengus.
"My opinion is not of relevance in the matters of the council. But if you ask for my opinion, I would vote for the removal of the spell. This would demonstrate our desire to maintain peace and finally start ridding ourselves of old grudges" He spoke without taking his eyes off of the coin, but with certain authority to his young voice. I looked at him, throught over the words he had said, "i agree with what he said""but milord, you have never fought these demons, the spell is the only thing keeping them in control..."" i am not a demon! i might be... a little unstable at the best of times but im no demon""in this state your not, imagine when you have full control of your powers!" the loud sound of the coin slaminf against the table silenced everyone,"I have voiced my opinion, that is all you asked of me. Now may we continue with the actual reason we are here...?""But Milord...!"" I have nothing further to add... so if you'll excuse me. ""why dont you fight one sire? then you'll understand what your saying? why not your dear friend there?" asked another wizard"friend?? what friend??" i stood, "A combat with a fighter that still has the spell intact would do nothing to prove anything. A fight among fights..." was Aengus' reply as he walked away,
"well if he doesnt have to stay, im not" with that i left the room, I ran to Aengus "hey you ... thx for sticking up for us like that ..." I looked at him, "well im gonna find someone to fight, all this talks got me jumpy" A sigh introduced his statment, " I wasn't "sticking up for" anyone. I just spoke out my honest opinion on the matter, nothing more and nothing less... I just want this whole prejudicially biased bullshit to end." I stopped walking and looked to the sky, "if we're such elegant creatures, why we killing our own kind, might not be in your typical way but we are... "Aengues' scoffed, "Yeah... elegant... sure we are..."I looked at him, "talk about yourself mate... wanna duel?? " i replied having tilted my head in his direction, he cocked his brow and returned my gaze, "You'd actually duel with a mage.... willingly?" he chuckled before looking away, his actions amused me, i replied "i fight anyone whos willing to lose... never fought a mage fairly though... still never lost to one"he looked at me, i must have struck a nerve by my statment, "What level mages were they?"i looked him in the eyes and waited, "Yeh, thier trying to kill me, im gonna stop and ask what level they were ... nice logic"
"Fair enough... you had your hands full... No one blames you...""you taunting me boy?" I laughed, he was cocky...damn cocky " well wanna test me then" i faced him, the challenge was too much for either of us to back down, he shruged as he answered, "Might as well... got nothing better to do, until the old farts come out of council..." as he spoke, one of his protective elders walked out, "Aengus, come back inside.... why are you talking to a fighter?!""you make it sound like a bad thing, im taking up your offer, little duel with your little mage here "i grined, the look on his pithetic face, he replied with wide eyes, "You cannot be seriously considering this, Aengus. Even thought you're one of the best wizards we've seen in years..."Aengus answered scownfully as he turned to me, "Don't give me the prodigy talk again. Duel it is then..." my grin turned evil as i spread my wings, "Good"