Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ The End ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~The End~
 
This is my original work based off of a song from Kelly Clarkson's new album, `My December'. I will post the song in a chapter after the story. This is a one-shot, I have no intention of taking it any further than as is.
 
 
 
          & nbsp; Midnight was such a formidable time, yet the time of night was mysterious with the secrets of what the darkness hide. In the middle of a child's bedroom lay a woman on a twin bed, strewn over the pink lace sheets. The comforter, thrown in a heap on the ground, long forgotten. The bedroom seemed to be untouched as if it where persevered over the years. The woman went by Abby. Her face was a mirror image of a porcelain doll. She lay there as memories, meant to be forgotten, resurfaced. And she remembered the end or her adolescence.
 
*
 
         &nbs p;  A loud dong! sounded from the front of the house. It rang repeatedly as Abby hesitated with fear and uncertainty on the landing. No one would answer the door, she was sure of that. Her parents were at work, and she was an only child. Without knowing what she was doing, Abby opened the door. Patrick, her loving boyfriend, stood there waiting impatiently. Abby glanced past him at a red and silver Harley in her driveway. Patrick had built it from scratch two years ago at the shop.
        
Her gaze finally landed on her boyfriend- her loving, mischievous, childish, caring boyfriend. She swept her eyes over his leather-clad body with admiration. His ensemble included black leather, everywhere. One look at his face reminded her of exactly why she didn't want to confront him. All she had to do was remember the speech that she had on the tip of her tongue.
 
 
         &nbs p;  “Abby, I got the bike and reservations…some clothes. All we have to do is ride an hour to Vegas, then we can elope and we're home free. You won't have to go away, we won't have to separate. I can take out some loans and open a shop. And I'll teach you the mechanics of a-” Patrick was interrupted by Abby's finger placed upon his lips. “Patrick,” Abby said, “I want to forget and you are a constant reminder. I can't.”
         &nbs p; 
Her reply was one as simple as 1+1, but Patrick was persistent as he placed his hand in Abby's.
         &nbs p; 
“Stay, Abby. The kiss didn't mean anything.”
         &nbs p;  “Not to you maybe, but to Katie it meant the world. If you knew the hell you put Katie and me through!” Abby realized she was speaking loudly, completely forgetting about her supposed speech. She raised her hand as if to slap, but caught herself as she regained reason once again. “Don't waste your time. I can't have you as a distraction at college. It took a lot for my parents to collect the money to send me.”
         &nbs p; 
Patrick just stared. It unnerved Abby beyond reason. “Stop staring, it's over! I want to… I want to…” and Abby burst out crying. As she cried Patrick held  and savored the moment.
         &nbs p; 
What was she doing? Why was she crying? Abby was confusing herself more and more. She had to end this. At that thought, she was anxious to get the whole moment over with- so then why was she prolonging the moment? Did she want to do this? No- it really had to end.
         &nbs p; 
Abby stood up straight offered her hand. “So this is good bye…my friend.” It happened so quickly in an instant. Patrick's eyes flared, “Friend, FRIEND? What is thatsuppose to mean?” As he started pacing on the front stoop, he only managed to frustrate her.
         &nbs p; 
“Are you not listening?” Abby screamed, “I said we are over, through. I cannot have a long distance relationship, especiallywith someone who will not stay true. On top of that I'll be in college; you knowthe thingy-ma-bobber you decided to skip! You'll only pull me down. Look, I am offering to stay friends!”
         &nbs p; 
They stared at each other. To Abby's surprise he smiled. He smiled!Backing away he softly murmured `as you wish.' The whole world came crashing down, all that hell she put herself through, and in the end she got heartbreak, not satisfaction. She was still in love with him. As he turned and walked away, all she wanted was to talk to him, like old times, but that was not possible.
 
*
 
          & nbsp; That afternoon, so many years in the past, Abby had let the thief escape with her heart. The creep was smiling and she let him get away, unknowing, the feelings she had felt that day- he reflected.
          & nbsp;
She was now a medical technician with a diploma. When she had gone to the local garage, to purchase new tires, the manager had informed her that Patrick McGrover had died in a tragic car accident two years ago.
          & nbsp;  
As Abby stood up and walked over to the open window, the breeze that swept in was a cold slap in the face. And then it ended as all fell.