Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Hated ❯ Prologue: The Hated ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Shadow Children
 
 
 
Prologue: The Hated
 
Before the world, they say there was nothing. But they were only half right. All that existed was the Dark, the Light, and the spawn of the two. The Light created things it believes to be good, like water, air, and earth. The three of these things combined formed the world we know today. The Darkness created fire, shadow, and thunder, which formed a sheer chaos. When the then perfect world met with the pure chaos, the Darkness and light battled it out. After a long, fearsome war, the Light finally won.
 
Created amongst the madness were many things: the greatest of them were humans. But these humans contained an unbalanced amount of Light and Dark in them. The Light would not have this, and purified all humans with more Darkness in their souls than Light. But, the Darkness managed to maintain itself in a select few humans, so they were hated by the world, and most were destroyed by the light. Those that weren't established control over the raw elements created in the very beginning. Unfortunately, the light's scorn was so great that these humans perished in a great battle that left the Light drained. In their place were stones embodying the rawest power of the elements they'd harnessed. These stones became known as the Shadow Stones, and they hid themselves on the threshold to Darkness and Light, where they balance the world and keep either from destroying it.
 
Once every odd century, a large group of those very similar to the original humans to resist the Light's wrath are born. End the end, only one of each element has ever survived, and that is just what is needed to restore the stones and keep the very world that hates them safe.
 
They are The Light's Scorn, The Augments of Darkness.
 
They are The Hated.