Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Hated ❯ Chapter One: The Outlawed ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Chapter One: Outlawed
 
 
“Rumiku, move it!” Hissed Rikku Hiroshima, as she nudged her twin sister. Both held pistols in their right hands, pointed at a small crowed of frightened people. They were criminals, even at fifteen, and were wanted all over Hokkaido. After running out of places to hide, they crossed the sea to Aomori, where they were currently robbing a small-town bank. The bank, for whatever reason, was situated just out of the city, and was ideal for this kind of thing.
 
After leaving the building, they both hoped on one motorcycle and sped off. They hadn't taken much money: just the income of that day's transaction. Rumiku managed to disconnect the satellite that sent out the emergency signal when the button under the counter was pushed to buy some time. Oh, the disadvantaged of a high-tech world.
 
It was dark before the two girls got to their destination: a small make-shift shack about a mile from the coast, off road. There they found their youngest brother, Sydney, waiting for them. Sydney, seven years old, was the most innocent of the Hiroshima siblings. He was kindest and purest, and he always awaited his sisters with a smile, even knowing that they'd taken money from others for their sake. Sydney was blue-eyed and had sandy blonde hair, fading into blue at the tips, and wore dark blue jeans with a black shirt. Some dirt was smudged on his face.
 
“Ruki, Rumi!” He greeted his sisters with pet names, and ran to them, smile betraying his dimples. His sisters removed their helmets, and a cascade of dark red hair matched the silver-streaked hair of its twin. Rikku, the redhead, bent down to hug Sydney, while Rumiku ruffled his hair.
 
“Where are your brothers?” Rumiku asked, as though they weren't her brothers, as well.
 
Sydney pointed towards the beach, “They're wakeboarding.”
 
Rikku sighed. “There's no time for that, we can't stay here long.”
 
As if to prove her point, suddenly the wails of police sirens filled the air. “Shit.” C'mon!” Rumiku picked her younger brother up, and followed her sister to the beach. As the three of them emerged from the trees, Noah and Patrick Hiroshima, both twelve, ran to meet them. Noah had hair to match Rumiku's, and his twin's was a rich blonde color. Both wore black shirts, Patrick's with a jagged gold stripe across the middle, and Noah's with a solid silver one.
 
“We heard the sirens,” Noah said, “and thought maybe you'd been caught…”
 
“No, we're all okay, but there's a clear trail leading from there to here. We need to loose them.”
 
“Into the water!” Sydney jumped free from Rumiku, and ran into the waves. Quickly, the others followed, and they swam out, keeping close enough to the shore to not get lost. Before they got far, Noah stopped swimming and shouted, “Tidal wave!!”
 
His brothers and sisters stopped and well, looking on as the huge wall of water towered over them. Rikku swam to Patrick, and Rumiku to Noah, as the younger set of twins latched themselves to Sydney. All in contact, Sydney closed his eyes tight and murmured, “Spirits, protect us…”
 
Just as the family was swept up at the base of the wall, a thin, blue orb surrounded them. After what seemed like ages, the wave crashed down, bursting the orb flooding the nearby port and washing away the thin tree-lined beach. The siblings were separated, despite the struggle against it, and all five lost consciousness.