Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Hunters ❯ Ending Legacy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Genesis Humans and their human allies have put up a, surprisingly well planned, offensive on our forces. Casualty counts rise each day, and these creatures know what they are doing. They are smart, or maybe even as smart as we are. But we will prevail. The moment things turn for the worse, Finishers will be deployed, and these, valiant fighter, will be wiped out. Though many of our soldiers have fallen, and we would get nothing out of it, they need to be eradicated at all costs. But we will take back the offensive, take our fill, and leave this planet dead in our wake. Nothing shall stop us.
"MORTARS!"
Our Hunters continue to fight strongly, though campaigns are lasting day, even weeks at the most. We need to take better actions soon, or this planet will be all for not.
"ON MY MARK! We charge and hit that position"
"But Commander, their rifles will tear us to pieces. You saw what they did to those Titans."
"It's no matter Overseer, you aren't in command here, you do what I say."
"Yes, Commande
r Jok'siy."
"Good now ATTACK!"
On that mark, Commander Jok'siy sent his vast force in. 30 foot soldiers, 10 1st Sergeants, 5 2nd Sergeants, 3 Overseers, and himself, the single Commander of the entire force. At that moment, he mad the worst mistake of any Hunter Commander.
"WE HAVE 10 DOWN, 10 DOWN!"
Jok'siy, "AHHG, GET BEHIND THOSE WALLS!"
"BUT THOSE MORTARS WILL DESCIMATE US!"
Jok'siy, "FORGET THE MO
RTARS SOLDIER GET BACK THERE!"
As the now 39 remaining Hunter warriors huddle behind some small walls, they head the last sounds they'd ever hear. Out of the blood red, black, smoggy sky came the mortars. White hot and leaving trails in their wake, the Hunters knew they were done for.
Jok'siy, "By Mii what have I done?"
An eternity seemed to pass through his mind as the mortars crashed into the blacked Genesis Earth dust. One by one it seemed his soldiers fell. He himself went down, as a piece of large metal shrapnel pierced his armor, and logged into his only lung. As he lay there bleeding, dying, regretting, the last thing he saw would haunt his spirit forever. His wife, a Hunter 2nd Sergeant, crawling toward him, both legs gone. She seemed to cry out but nothing was heard, and there she dropped, cold and dead. He try to let out a scream, but the pain would not allow him. He and his entire squad had died. The war of Genesis Earth is the most brutal conflict the Hunters have ever been in. The Genesis Humans simply referred to as Genesis Humans and the humans, were formidable opponents. Many mistakes were made, on either side, and therefore many died.
"Fleet Commander, Ka'maiza, what is you order on this death toll?"
Ka'maiza, "We continue until nothing is left for them."
"Are you sure? We could loose too many Hunters!"
Ka'maiza, "This is why I have already ordered Finishers to be placed around the planets weakest point in the crust."
"So you plan to annihilate anything on the planet?"
Ka'maiza, "Precisely, even if it means killing thousands of our own kind, i
t will be done. You know those Genesis Humans and humans can make it aboard these ships, and we can't allow that."
As Fleet Commander
Ka'maiza says that final word, an explosion is heard down the Sacred Hall. All he knows, is it's something that could lead to his downfall. Something, he doesn't want, not yet at least.
Ka'maiza " Reinforce that door!"
"Sir, we have sight of it, Genesis Humans
, 5 of them, assassins."
Ka'maiza,
"Get some Titans up here now!"
And right at that moment, those are his final words. The door has been broken, and his emanate death awaits him. There standing in the smoke, are his undoers, Genesis Human assassins. All Ka'maiza can do now, is take up his weapons, and fight to the last breath........
 
Part 2
 
“Tik, I guess you Genesis Humans are smarter than I thought.” Ka'maiza said grinning, “Not only have you been able to breach Roht'mii's defense systems, but you have managed to find your way to the Bridge.”
As he ended his sentence a mere human stepped forward of all the five Genesis Humans.
“Heh, you son's of bitches thought you could stop us didn't ya?” The young, almost adolescent looking man said, “You really thought you could stop Humanity's survival, and eradicate us like that? It seems you've never heard of human will power.”
Ka'maiza stared at the dwarfed human. He couldn't stop himself; he let out a slight chuckle while grabbing his White Death. All the little human could do was stare in confusion at this, monster's strange reaction. The human knew this monster was outnumbered six to two. He could not understand why he'd laugh when his death was immanent.
“What the hell are you laughing at?”
With a slight giggle the Fleet Commander replied, “You honestly believe this paltry force of Genesis Humans and yourself, a weakling of a commander, could take down a Fleet Commander? Especially considering one of the Black Ten is with me?” He looked down at his right hand soldier, a Black Ten Guardian, which, legends foretell are the direct descendents of Ryt'Oht, God of Darkness and Light.
Ka'maiza turned back and looked at his little opponent, “You will not take this Fleet Commander down. NONE HAVE DIED BY ENEMY HANDS, AND BY MII NONE SHALL TODAY!”
Ka'maiza then prompted the Guardian to join him up on his stand. The Guardian took a swift jump up, thereafter drawing his blade, and breaking it in two. The Fleet Commander drew his blade and held his White Death, which was secured on to his armor.
At that moment, the human made one hand motion, and the Genesis Humans opened fire.
Ka'maiza returned in kind, letting out a burst of ten White Death rockets. The Genesis Humans tried to get out of the way, but one was too late to react. His body was blown to bloody shreds. Chunks of his flesh, still pulsating with blood, splattered on the walls of the Bridge, all over the computers, even on Ka'maiza himself. The Guardian, who stood idly by his side, went after his first victims. Catching two Genesis Humans from behind, he lunged his swords through their abdomens. He then brought them out, with an upward slash, going at a slight angel out of their shoulders. And as if they weren't already dead, he finished them off quickly, with a good slice across the backs of their heads, which, slid off, spraying their pinkish blood all over his armor. The Guardian thought to himself [Three down, two to go, and that pathetic little hu…]. His though was cut off. He noticed that the remaining Genesis Humans had been ripped to shreds by Ka'maiza's blade. But what he saw, standing on the Fleet Commanders stand, horrified him. The human's blade, thrust through his Fleet Commanders throat. The Hunter's black blood ran down the cold metal bladed, and poured into a puddle behind him. All that came over the Black Ten Guardian was rage, unequalled to any ever felt.
He let out a shriek “YOU INGRATE HUMAN MONSTER! YOU'VE KILLED OUR FLEET COMMANDER! YOUR SOUL WILL WISH IT LEAVES YOUR BODY EARLY WHEN I'M THROUGH WITH YOU!” “YOU HAVE DISGRACED NOT ONLY OUR ENTIRE SPECIES, BUT MY OWN HONOR! I was entrusted with his life, that's why he had me here AND NOW YOU'VE TAKEN IT!!!!
He lunged forward, jabbing one of the blades in the young assassin commander's leg and the other into his chest. He let out a cry and he swung his blades so quickly, the commander had no time to fall. By his end, the young man, fell into a bloody pile of shredded clothing, broken armor, and pulsing flesh. The Guardian dropped his blades, and knelt down by his fallen Fleet Commander. He could do nothing about what had happened. At that moment, the Titans who where requested arrived along with a White Ten Guardian. What he saw he could not deny. His Fleet Commander, all Hunters' Fleet Commander, dead, in a pool of his own black blood. And that Black Ten Guardian, weeping on his Commanders body, for he knew he had failed all the Hunters on that day, he let the Fleet Commander be killed…..
 
Part 3
 
The burial of Ka'maiza had been done. His casket, made from the very same metals that built the ship worlds, was used, as all Fleet Commanders had been buried in. Though he was buried near the first Fleet Commander, only because the first Fleet Commander died in combat, but, that history was lost in the records only until recently. And now, the new Fleet Commander had been chosen. Ka'maiza's younger sister, Yol'maiza.
“My brother died, at the hands of a human. This atrocity will not go unpunished. As I speak right now, the word of the Fleet Commander's death is reaching ever single Hunter warrior down on Genesis Earth. As did that Black Ten, who has yet to be found after his, abrupt exit of the Bridge, the warrior's minds will be filled with rage and hatred the likes of which no Hunter has ever experienced. I myself am filled with this rage and hatred, but I must not let it get a hold of me now.” She paused for a few seconds, “ Hunters, my brother is known by you all as one of the greatest Fleet Commanders of all Hunter history, and it will be hard for me to be his “successor”, but I will try my hardest, he entrusted me too when he died.” Again a slight pause, “Now my Hunters I am your new Fleet Commander and we will destroy those humans and their Genesis Human partners, or may death come to the entire Hunter army!”
With that last word, every Hunter, young to old, Foot Soldier to Guardian, even the Titans, let out a thunderous cheer for their new Fleet Commander. She was given the suit of armor specially made for female Fleet Commanders. The minute she donned the helmet of the Fleet Commander she was in charge. All 20 members of the Black and White Ten came at her side. The eldest of both groups stood beside her. Simultaneously, they announced, “THIS is your new Fleet Commander! May her wisdom and strength lead us to victory for many battles to come, just as her brother, and all Fleet Commanders before her have! By the Three, by Mii, by all the Hunters on Genesis Earth and this ship, we give you Yol'maiza, the NEW AUTHORITY OVER ALL HUNTERS!”
Ever Hunter in the city let out another cheer, this time stomping the ground causing small tremors under their massive combined weight. “If you are ready Yol'maiza, we will escort you to your new Bridge, your sanctum.” She replied, “I will need a minute or so, I wish to say goodbye to my older brother one last time.” The Black Ten Guardian replied, “As you wish Fleet Commander.”
She walked down from her stand, and went to the burial grounds. Ornately built and designed, guarded by four of the largest Titans, with each Fleet Commander's burial monument standing tall and proud. Each was a carving of the Fleet Commander in his or hers' glory. She made her way to her brother's burial site. There standing next to her was the statue of the very First Fleet Commander. She uttered a slight honor prayer toward him. She then turned to her brother's grave. “Ka'maiza, my Fleet Commander…….my brother. No one could have seen this end for you. Especially not me. You were the last one I had, the last real family. You had your own blood infused with mine, just so if I became Fleet Commander, a part of you would still live on forever. You wish has been fulfilled, and by the Three I will not allow myself to end as you have. I will continue for as long as I can, keeping your name alive…and even after, our names will go down in Hunter History, forever.”
With that, she uttered a slight prayer unto him, and then left the burial sight. “I'm ready now”, she said to the two Elder Ten Guardians. “Alright then, follow behind these 4, the rest of you stay behind our new Fleet Commander.” And with that, they headed towards the bridge.
 
Part 4
 
The Elder Black and White Ten Guardians lead the group. Yol'maiza, in her grief and sorrow stared blankly down at the floor; it's white and golden panels shimmering brightly around her. They came to the Sacred Hall. There were small statues of the Three, and, around in small reliquaries, miniature statues filled with the ashes of the Chosen leaders, so as to preserve the Hunters' ancient histories. They came to the door, which had yet to be repaired after the Genesis Humans had blown it down.
The Elder Black Ten Guardian scoffed at what he saw, “Ahhg, I told them to get a group up here before the Fleet Commander's arrival to clean this, bloody mess up!” He turned around to Yol'maiza, “I am so sincerely sorry for this, condition, of your new sanctum.”
Yol'maiza replied with a little chuckle, “It's alright, I'll have my group sent up here to clean this mess up.” What was left around were the remains of the battle 3 days previous. Chunks of Genesis Human flesh lay rotting on the floor, computers, stations and even the Fleet Commander's stand. Even the chunks of the human commander lay there in dried blood, so crusty and brown.
Well,” Said the Black Ten, “I guess now it is time to choose one of either the Black or White Ten Guardians to stay in here with you as your personal guard.”
With a flick of his wrist all 17 of the younger Black and White Ten lined up in front of Yol'maiza. “Now is the time to cho..” But the Elder was cut off there. Standing in the door way, beaten and bloody was the Black Ten Guardian who had defended her brother. He could barely stand, his armor weighing him down greatly from his weakened state. He uttered something with pain in his voice. “F-F-Fleet Co-Commander… He got there and coughed, blood came out of his mouth as he did, but he continued, “I…failed your brother… Again another coughing pause, this time more blood spat out, “I…I failed all Hunters, a-and for t-t-this, I punished my-myself for it.”
Yol'maiza looked at this terribly bloodied creature, whose eyes were filled with both rage and sorrow. She said to him “You defended the Fleet Commander as best you could, you should not feel any sorrow for what you did. You tried to protect Ka'maiza with your life, but, as many would say, ultimately failed. There isn't any reason you should have punished yourself.”
He looked at her in amazement, expecting reject and removal from the Bridge, this was something he couldn't see coming. He replied “B-but, I let him die. I was no-not able to stop that h-hu-human from killing him. I-I am the ultimate failure, the very embodiment of it, b-but I came here to ask you for one thing…..”
“And what would that be?”
“A chance for r-redemption, to redeem myself, and to serve the Fleet Commander once more.”
The Black and White Ten elders stared on at this pathetic looking excuse for a Hunter solider, but they did not step in at all.
“You say you are the embodiment of failure, but no Hunter fails, you merely were not able to save him. He was not quick enough or whatever happened to him, you are not to blame” “Therefore, after you have been treated for your self inflicted wounds, you will be my Guardian.”
All the Black Ten could do was look at her, and, though no Black or White Ten has been known to cry, he let out a few tears. He had been redeemed, and he knew he would not fail this time.
“Now take him and have him treated, then have him report back here as soon as possible.” “I have a plan to end this war now, and take what we need from this Genesis Earth.”
With that the Black and White Ten Guardians left, and escorted the Fleet Commander's Guardian to be treated and returned to his new Fleet Commander.