Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Hunters ❯ Going Back? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“So what's this Yew'ols want with me?”
“He's the one who has the message for you sir.”
The Hunter pack followed the Commander, who was walking in a jog type walk. They came to a quickly built monitoring station.
“I'm sorry Armada Commander, but your soldiers and humans will have to remain outside.”
“Alright then, you guys heard him, go out and find something to do.” Til'loe said to them.
Zayl'nexs and Isaac headed off left from the group, just wandering around. Ner'way, Marina and the Titan all went back the way they came just to look around. Hunters sat everywhere, still conversing, cleaning weapons and armor, some even sitting in family units, since family units are sometimes sent into combat. Others were just walking around making sure everything was going alright. A few Minor Black and White Guardians were even in the outpost.
“Who are those guys in the white and black armor?” Marina asked.
“Those are the Minor White and Black Guardians. See, on Roht'mii there is a group of “special” Guardians called the Black Ten and the White Ten. It's said that anyone in this group are direct decedents of one of our Gods. Now the Minors are still in this category but, have not been able to get into the Ten, but as members of the Ten die off, they are there to fill positions. They prove themselves on the battlefield of course, so I guess these ones are out here because there may be a few positions open soon.” Ner'way explained.
“Oh….wait….what? You were all sad and depressed ten minutes ago…what's up?” Marina asked confused. Ner'way said nothing to her, just turned and started walking again. Marina and the Titan just looked on and then shortly followed her.
“So…Zayl'nexs was it right?”
“Yeah, what do you want?”
“Don't get me wrong here, but I think you've grown attached to me….in a non weird way.”
“WHAT? Me, get attached to a human? Bah….where do you get these ideas…right now I'm thinking of ripping your arms off and shoving them down your throat, then feeding you to that Titan over there.” Zayl'nexs said and as he did the Titan he pointed to looked up, but he motioned him to stay where he was.
“Ok sure you are…come on I know you like me, you can't deny it.” Isaac said.
“Don't push me human, just don't push me.” Zayl'nexs said in an agitated voice.
Til'loe looked at the monitors in the station. He saw stats on the other Hunter outpost all along the frozen wasteland. He saw that two where in the red, which of course meant they were under attack, but by an easily defeat able force. Red to a Hunter was minor, while a color such as white on the screen meant major trouble.
“Armada Commander…come with me” the Commander said. Til'loe obliged and followed him to another room. This one was small, dimly lit, and not very roomy at all.
“You can leave us now Commander.”
“Right away Guardian Yew'ols.” said the Commander and trotted out of the door way.
“So what is this message you have for me from the Fleet Commander?” Til'loe asked.
“Yeah the message, we received it about a day ago, the Fleet Commander thought you would still be alive, so she went through the trouble of giving you this.” Yew'ols said placing a, computer chip like object into a monitor. The monitor flashed on, and he could see the Fleet Commander.
“But you will have to wait to get the full message, for now we have something pressing on our hands.” Yew'ols said ejecting the chip from the monitor.
“WHAT? I need to see that message! I'm fairly certain it's important.” Til'loe exclaimed.
“That it is, and this is why we have to protect it. You see, we have a confirmation report that a massive Genesis Human offensive is heading this way. Tens of thousands of them coming to rain down on this outpost. Our outlying posts have been attacked by small bands of them, in skirmishes. I'm sure you saw on the monitors out there?”
“Yeah, I did, but what do you want me to do about it?”
“I need you to help command my forces here. I can't overlook everything going on at once. We're lucky you got here when you did, or else we probably wouldn't be able to hold up.” Yew'ols said.
“So what, I'll be commanding half of your forces while you command another?” Til'loe asked.
“EXACTLY! And don't worry as you saw we do have Sans support, so you get ten of the Sans and I get the other ten, it works perfectly.” Yew'ols said a bit excited.
“Fine…I'll help you, but once we fend off the attackers I demand to see that message damn it!” Til'loe said a bit angrily.
“Of course of course, I can't hold it back from you then.”
Til'loe left the monitoring station along with Yew'ols. Yew'ols sounded a siren that gathered the Hunters together.
“Hunters! Armada Commander Til'loe is now my second commander. All those on the west side of the outpost are his, along with the ten Sans Obliterators over there. Anyone on the east is under my command. Now before I continue, will Til'loe's former warriors please join us here.”
Zayl'nexs, Ner'way and the Titan, and Isaac and Marina walked over to where Til'loe and Yew'ols stood.
“You…..five I guess are with your commander that is if you wish to be.” Yew'ols said.
All of them gave some sort of gesture to say they wanted to stay with Til'loe.
“Alright then. Now Hunters, follow either me or Armada Commander Til'loe. From the report, the Genesis Humans should be here in about twenty hours.” Yew'ols said directing the Hunters to move. Til'loe got off the small stand he was on, and his warriors followed him. He walked to the west side of the outpost and thought to himself, Twenty hours….that's not enough time to prepare all these soldiers….even with the Sans here it will still be a tough fight…and I don't want Isaac or Marina getting killed either…or else no pets for me…eh…I'm beginning to hate this frozen Hell. As he walked the same Commander, who had escorted him to where Yew'ols was, came up to him.
“What is our first order Armada Commander?”
“First order? Give me some time…I'll come up with something.” Til'loe replied.
 
Part 2
 
Til'loe stood on another small raised platform. His blank black eyes stared on over the crowd of Hunters as they moved around. Some were preparing their weapons. Many of them were just screwing around. He turned his attention to where the Sans Obliterators were. Their massive brains were pulsating in their necks which, he knew meant the Sans were aware of what was happening, they knew something was going to happen. Their skull-like heads looking at the ground, but having no eyes they couldn't see anything. Their tongues hung out of the bottom of their jaw, being no skin was there, and saliva dripped off in massive amounts. The guns that bristled their bodies moved and shook as they shifted their massive feet. The only thing about the Sans that didn't move were the massive fixed artillery cannons on the humps of their backs. The cannons pointed head on the direction the Sans was standing. Til'loe knew no better if they were loaded yet or not, so that was his first order.
“Commander, I want you to get a group of Hunters trained to ride the Sans, and I want you to check if their weapons and the cannons are loaded.” he said.
“Right away Armada Commander.” the Commander said, running off down into a group of Hunters, and ordering them follow him. Til'loe looked around again this time turning himself to the left. There he saw a group of Titans, their weapons unhooked from their armor, down where the POW's were kept. They were torturing the POW's, but this was something Til'loe didn't want. He yelled out to them to move out of the POW area and into where the other Hunters were. The obliged, hesitantly. The Hunters paid no attention to where Til'loe was. They walked around, just doing whatever they felt like. They knew war was coming, but they didn't really care at the moment. They had time to do whatever. Clean their fur, get dirt and such out of the scales in their feet, clean their teeth, which was a given for all of them. Many just used cloth they found lying on the ground, and rubbed it across their jagged teeth. Since a Hunter has no lips and their teeth just come out of the mouth, it's fairly easy for them to get them all. Til'loe looked around again at his “warriors” but at this point he couldn't tell that, the way they were slacking and not really caring. He saw one that caught his eye, a stark white Hunter. Fur, scales, teeth, anything that could be seen was pure white. Til'loe decided not to ask questions but couldn't take his eyes off this Hunter. Most Hunters, in fact almost all, are born with a combination of colors. Their scales are normally a dark red with a bit of pink in the mix, while their fur can range from black, brown, red, orange, a dark purple or even grey. It's only on especially rare occasions that a Hunter is born pure white. Everything about them is white, including their eyes. Thought Til'loe remembered hearing stories about the White Hunters, that they were savage and brutal warriors, even more so than a Hunter gone berserk. They would drag their enemies' deaths out, slow, and painful. They could do this to many enemies at a time. Til'loe thought if those rumors were true, he couldn't wait to see this White Hunter in combat. The russet colored armor of the Hunters began to reflect something in the sky. It wasn't the sun, but the color was more orange than the bright white the Genesis Earth sun gives off. He looked up and saw the sky had turned a bright orange, and it was giving off a glow. He paid no attention to it, thinking it was just natural for the planet every once in a while. He stood there; a wind blew by sending his rank cloth flying to his right. Marina, who was standing near him, looked up. This creature, about ten feet tall, dwarfed her, being she was only about five foot sic inches. His massive build nearly frightened her. She knew all Hunters were very large, but something about standing right next to one, it's eyes transfixed away from here, it's tongue moving through it's teeth, and it's arms shifting causing the massive muscles in them to flex and bulge out. She then began to look down at his feet, their size almost scared her. She knew that he could easily crush her, with just one step if he wanted to. But she was more locked on the huge claws. She had seen from Hunter corpses that the claws came directly out of the foot, not with a toe or anything. His claws were chipped, broken and dirt encrusted. Their obsidian black colored seemed to glisten in the orange sky, which is what she turned her attention to next.
“Oh…no…” she said with a bit of fear in her voice.
Til'loe heard her and looked down , “What is it?”
“I've heard about this…when the skies turn orange, it happens every fifty years, or at least that's what I was told….”she said.
“What are you talking about?” Til'loe asked confused.
“I'm talking about the Rains of Fire. I heard from some older humans that, every fifty years or so, the skies turn this bright radiant orange color….and soon large black clouds will fill the sky. Ash, in large clumps will begin to fall from the sky, and that's the warning to either get underground, or under some sort of energy shield. They said you'd have about twenty minutes before fire, about the size of one your fists Til'loe, begin to rain down. About five minutes later, massive boulder sized fire starts to hit, and if you're not anywhere safe….you should consider yourself dead, and just kill yourself then.” she said in a solemn voice.
“Are you serious? Well then I'm sure the Genesis Humans will hold off their attack then, but we have no where to hide, and the Sans aren't exactly fire resistant. Eh…I have to tell Yew'ols this then, so I'll be back in a little while.” Til'loe said jumping off the platform and running towards the other side of the outpost. As he began to run, he looked up and the great black clouds began to form. Ash began to fall, and he knew he had to hurry. He picked up the pace and got over to Yew'ols. He informed him of what he had just been told and all Yew'ols did was laugh.
“I knew about this, I Genesis Human we captured told us about this rain, and so we prepared. We had a special shield installed over this outpost that should let us remain safe from the fire balls. There really is no need to worry” Yew'ols said, “he also told us that the Genesis Humans knew better than to attack during this, so we have much more time to prepare.”
Til'loe looked at Yew'ols soldiers. They were already prepared for war, guns ready, Titans lined up, and the Sans, with Hunters already riding them and controlling the cannons, standing. Yew'ols didn't tell them at all what was going to happen, he wanted to be ready. Twenty minutes had passed, and the first fire balls began to hit.
“Time for our shield I guess.” Yew'ols said pressing a button, but nothing happened. “What? Why isn't this working?”
He tried again and again, but still nothing. Five minutes seemed to pass quickly, the sky lit up more as huge fire balls came screaming towards the ground. He pressed it one final time and the red shield drew up. Its dome shape cause fire to bounce off the sides, but none was getting through. Til'loe stood there looking up and quietly said to himself, “Now we just have to wait it out….”
 
Part 3
 
The massive boulders of fire continued to hail out of the orange and black sky. The red shield dented in and bounced the fire out, and ever fire ball that hit, a bright yellow flash came from the spot. The boulders whistled out of the sky like bombs, and their crashing could be heard even over the loud bellows of the Sans, showing they were a bit frightened.
“Ok so, Yew'ols if you knew about this, then do you know how long it'll last?” Til'loe asked worried every time it looked like a fire ball would break the shield.
“Hmm…he said it could last anywhere from thirty minutes to and hour at the most.”
“So we just have to wait this out for thirty minutes or an hour….ample time to get my forces ready” Til'loe said as he turned back and began to run across the dirt and snow. He passed many tents and quickly made shacks in the outpost. The outpost was fairly large, being more like a makeshift fortress than an outpost really. It had walls with defensive turrets and a few sniper towers, where, recently, Hunters armed with Gods' Rain rifles stood ready to pick off and Genesis Humans. Smalls fires built were still burning, and plenty of Hunter Pistols lay strewn across then ground. Even a Buster weapon, which was only carried by both Armada Commanders, lay on a blanket in the dirt. As he ran he also noticed a few Ender chain guns lying on the ground. He stopped to pick one up, and ran back to where the others in his group were waiting.
“What the hell is that thing!?” Isaac asked pointing at the large gun Til'loe held in his hands.
“It's an Ender chain gun, I just picked it up just incase I need it later”
The fire balls continued to crash into the shield and bounce off. Til'loe had time to get his forces in order. He had his Titans and Footsoldiers lined up in front of all that others. He Guardians, armed with Gods' Rains where positioned in the back, though he knew they would head into hand to hand anyhow. First Sergeants, Second Sergeants and Sergeant Overseers filled the middle, armed with whatever they had. Then Sans, with their riders and cannon operators now mounted, stood in five rows of two, ready to charge through the barricade of the outpost. The few Commanders that were in the army joined Til'loe with his soldiers, now considered more “bodyguards” by the other Hunters, up on the stand. The White Hunter was the most noticeable of all the soldiers. Til'loe didn't realize it at first, but he was wearing the armor of a Commander, and so was moving through the ranks up to where Til'loe and the others stood. Within moments of his arrival on the platform, the fire ceased to rain, and the black clouds dissipated almost instantly, but the orange glow of the sky remained. The red shield that covered the outpost turned to a blue color and dissipated as well. Both armies on either side of the outpost were ready for combat. Their armor fully secured their weapons loaded and ready. The Sans, cannons moving and riders ready. Now all that had to be done was wait for the Genesis Humans to come. Not five minutes after the fire had stopped the loud sound of cannons was heard. The great flares that announced the Genesis Humans arrival were in the air, and thousands came charging over the hills. This time they had something new with them.
“WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE?!?” Isaac asked scared and surprised.
“What…how can they be using those monsters here? I've only seen those in the jungles.” Marina said confused and also scared.
Coming towards Til'loe's forces were giants of creatures. Eight legs bristled from the bodies. Their legs raised up from the body, jointed then headed back down. Another joint connected the toe, which was a massive, black, spiked talon. Hair covered the entire creature. Its body was broken into three segments. Its rear was large and bulbous, and had what looked to be like spider spinnerets on the end. The middle of the body was covered in spikes, jagged and chipped, and the legs of the creature came out of that area. Its head was supported by a somewhat elongated neck, also covered in spikes. Its head was its most horrifying feature. Twenty eyes, ten on either side, covered its forehead, giving off a dark red glow. Its mouth was a massive system of fangs and teeth, moving and twitching, letting loose a gooey, orangish saliva, that melted the snow from the heat of it. The creatures were roughly the same body mass as the Sans, but the Sans still had a height advantage. Cannons and turrets were also lining these monsters, and of course Genesis Humans operated them. Behind these mammoth creatures, an army of Genesis Humans ran down the hill, firing their weapons off for a preemptive strike. The Sans returned fire, hitting two of the monsters in their mid section, and obliterating them. The creatures returned in kind, killing three Sans and wounding one. The Sans, now enraged over their fallen brethren, charged after the creatures. Two more were crushed under the Sans massive claws and the others were firing on them. Now it was the Hunters turn to join battle. Til'loe gave the order to attack, and the Hunters rushed in. Gun fire and White Death rocks flew every where. Genesis Humans and Hunters were being blown away, torn to pieces, and trampled by one another. It was all out war. Black blood from the Hunters corpses oozed and sprayed all over the snow and dirt. The pink blood of the Genesis Humans did the same. Chunks and mutilated corpses already lay across the battlefield. The Guardians, as expected, had already abandoned their rifles and had their Silencer swords out, slashing, hacking and tearing their way through the Genesis Human ranks. The Commander and Til'loe himself joined in. Ner'way, Zayl'nexs and his Titan all followed their commanding officer, who they considered more of a friend now. The White Hunter stood there amidst the chaos around him. He did nothing but stand there. Til'loe yelled out at him to start fighting, but still nothing. But what was happening was nearly unseen until it happened full scale. The Hunter began to twitch and writhe, shaking his hands and upper body. His knees pointed inwards and began to shake as well. His helmet was shaken off by his violent twitching. He picked up a Silencer that had been dropped by a Guardian, whose head was taken clean off. Even though it was desecration of a Hunter's corpse, he paid no attention to that. He lunged forward in what seemed like a berserk rage, and gained his first ten kills of the battle. The pink blood of the Genesis Humans covered his russet colored armor, and his white scales on his head. His fur that was exposed also gained the pink color. He dropped more than twenty enemy soldiers, leaving them somewhat alive, but in horrible pain, just as Til'loe was told White Hunters do. He dropped five more Genesis Humans, before being struck in the back by a sniper round fired by a Genesis Human on top of one of the creatures. The White Hunter turned his attention to him, and sprinted to his position. He got close to the creature and took a lunge forward…the Genesis Human knew he was done for.
 
Part 4
 
The Hunter was in mid air, and from Til'loe's view everything seemed to be happening slower than everything around him. The Hunter broke the Silencer in two as it was supposed to and brought both blades down into the Genesis Humans chest. Both blades pierced the armor of the poor creature, and blood dripped down the ends of them. The Hunter slashed to the sides, taking the blades out, and with a scissors like swing, cut the Genesis Human's head off. The Hunter put his feet on the stomach of the now dead Genesis Human and kicked off of him. This all white Hunter had slain many soldiers with just a blade, its rage and instability allowed it. Standing still the Hunter shook violently as if it was having a seizure. Being on the back of the massive spider like creature, it had a chance to kill it. The Hunter ran along the back of the spider, killing Genesis Humans who were controlling it, causing them to fall off the sides with a blood spraying from them. When they hit the ground, they were trampled under the spider's talons. He was now at the head of the monster. He reconnected the Silencer and jabbed it straight into the creature. Orange blood sprang out of the wound flying up in a fountain fashion. The creature tried to run farther, but tripped over itself and fell in a pool of blood. A Sans ran by trampling the spider's body into oblivion. The White Hunter jumped out of the way and headed back into battle. Til'loe was surprised he hadn't been killed yet, he stood there the entire time looking on at the White Hunter killing these Genesis Humans by the handful. His attention turned back to the fight. Many Hunter warriors had already dropped. More and more Footsoldier corpses piled up, but that was nothing compared to the massive losses on the Genesis Human side. Bodies were mutilated and ripped apart so horridly, that they were barely recognizable. Blood was everywhere. The snow and ice was stained with black and pink blood, even the orange blood of the spiders and the Sans, though the Sans' blood let off a glow. Bullets and shells flew all over the place, artillery crashing in random spot kicking up massive amounts of snow and dirt. The Genesis Humans began to fall back, knowing if the didn't they would die. The Sans gave chase after them. The Hunters also followed continuing to fire of them, killing many, many more. They chased the Genesis Humans for fifteen minutes before all were down. Many were merely wounded and crippled. The Sans were sent back to the outpost, while the Hunters remained to finish them off. Many of the Genesis Humans begged for their lives, but were answered only with a pistol to the head. None were taken prisoner. Some Hunters felt like torturing the Genesis Humans, mainly by slowly pressing their chests or heads in till the burst open. All the Hunters that were still alive were covered in blood, black marked by explosions, their armor riddled with shrapnel. Some of the wounded Hunters had to be carried back to the outpost, many died once they were taken in.
“Bloody chaos if I've ever seen it.” a Hunter Guardian remarked.
“Yeah, but at least a good number of us made it out.” a Commander said.
All Til'loe did was walk straight ahead, not saying a word. He looked around him and saw man Hunter and Genesis Human corpses piled on each other, bleeding horribly from their wounds. He saw Yew'ols and his army already in the outpost, and they were in no better condition.
“That was exhilarating no doubt, right Til'loe?” Yew'ols asked with enthusiasm in his voice.
“How the hell could you be so enthusiastic about this? We were nearly decimated by those Genesis Humans! We lost so many soldiers in that battle, and they had those large eight legged creatures….with out the Sans we would've been over run!” Til'loe yelled out.
“Calm down, we won; we don't need to worry about them any longer.” Yew'ols said in a calm voice.
“Right, right…so where's that message that Yol'maiza sent me?”
“Yeah…about that, uh you see I had it clipped to my armor, and dropped it, and a Sans walked on it…so….it's crushed…” he said holding up the flattened message chip.
“OH THAT'S JUST AMAZING! You're such a great Guardian you know that? I should have you moved up to a Minor Black or White Ten…..I swear…if killing another Hunter wasn't against the Armada Commander's code, you chest would be ripped open so fast….you would have time to look at your insides….” Til'loe said in a disgruntled voice.
“Well sorry…I didn't expect that to happen…”
Til'loe said nothing; he just turned and walked away. Zayl'nexs and the others followed him.
“Can't believe he'd go and do that….I mean how do you loose a message to a Sans?” Til'loe said mumbling it.
Isaac and Marina sat there staring at him, they knew he was angry, and they didn't want to bother him at all.
“So do you think Til'loe survived that battle?” Ko'maiza asked.
“I sure hope so, and I hope Yew'ols didn't lose that message, I know how much of an idiot he can be sometimes.” Yol'maiza said with a bit of laughter in her voice.
She though to herself, I swear Yew'ols you screw this one up and that's the last of it, I'll personally feed you to a Titan.
Ko'maiza stared at the monitors, just looking up at them; his eyes seemed to be lost in them.
“Well I hope for our sake he's still alive, or else we're pretty much….screwed…” he said.
“Yeah…I can only hope he is, we need him here now…”
 
Part 5
 
“That damn Yew'ols….I heard stories about how much he would annoy Ka'maiza….always breaking things critical to mission, causing chaos and mayhem, I even remember hearing one that he almost caused a massive meltdown of Sahy'mii's reactor cores. How he made it to Guardian…I'll have no idea.”
“Til? Hey Til! Something wrong?”
“No……you just head back over the where Zayl'nexs is Marina, I have to….do some things….”
“Oh….ok.”
Til'loe stood there and watched as Marina, who was only about the height of his mid forearm down, ran across the dirt and snow back to where the others were standing. He looked up at where they were. The Titan, being the tallest of them all, stood there at attention, the cloth wrapped around its neck and upper chest covered its right arm. Ner'way and Zayl'nexs stood side by side looking away from one another. Zayl'nexs cloth was hanging in front of him covering up part of his torso and upper right leg. The two humans, who were of course cut down in size by the much taller creatures behind them stood huddled together, almost as if they were scared of something.
“Should have just killed those humans before….even they don't deserve what they've been going through with us….” he said giving a sigh. He looked at the remnants of the recent battle. The spider creatures, which he was informed were called Arachtyes, were still twitching some, every time they did, their orange blood would squirt out of the holes in their bodies. The Sans lay on their sides, slash marks and bullet holes adorned their corpses. Their luminescent orange blood poured out giving the snow a glow. Genesis Human corpses lay on top mutilated Hunter bodies. Limbs were thrown everywhere. Hands, feet, whole arms and legs, they were strewn all across the ground. The snow and dirt was stained with orange, black and pink. Chunks over armor from either of the races lay broken on the bodies and broken in pieces on the ground. It was as if Hell had come to the side of the outpost.
“HEY WHAT IS THAT?” Til'loe heard Isaac yell out. He looked up and saw it. A drop ship was coming down. He wondered if it was finally his chance to get off of the planet and to the Fleet Commander. The drop ship landed on a patch of open dirt, kicking up plenty from the engines. Both doors on either side of the drop ship dropped down, and ten Guardians, five Black Ten and five White Ten, jumped out and formed up on one side in two single file lines. They were armed with Buster rifles, and as a back up Enders clipped to their backs. The engines of the drop ship died out. Yew'ols and a small group of Footsoldiers ran over to where the drop ship had landed.
“So I see that you're still relatively alive there Til'loe.” a voice came from inside the drop ship.
“Yes I am, did you really think they could take an Armada Commander's life so easily?” he replied somewhat excited and relieved.
“Hah…I guess you're right. It's been way too long since we talked.”
“Yeah I know it has Ko.”
Ko'maiza came out of the drop ship armed with nothing more than a Hunter pistol at his side. All Ko'maiza did was push on Til'loe's shoulder armor a little just as a friendly gesture, and then he himself stood in line with the Guardians.
“So I see Yew'ols has screwed up again….predictable really. How the hell you made it to Guardian Yew, I'll never know.”
“I'm sorry Yol'maiza….I didn't expect that to happen…”
“Ya never expect anything to happen that happens and it ends up putting us in a bad position….” Yol'maiza finished, and walked out of the drop ship. She looked around at the outpost. She grunted at the sight.
“This place is terrible….I'm surprised you held off that attack so well….oh well. So Til'loe…now that I'm Fleet Commander no more pushing me around you know?” she said.
“Yes, Yol'maiza, I know, I only pushed you around because I was an Armada Commander then, and since your brother was Fleet Commander, and you were merely a Guardian, I could push you around all I wanted.”
“Yeah, but no more of that, now I've come here to pick you and your remaining soldiers, and bring you back to Roht'mii, we have something there we need to discuss with you.” she said in a somewhat stern voice. All Til'loe did was nod and ordered his remaining three warriors and the humans aboard the drop ship. Yol'maiza followed in and after her Ko'maiza. The Guardians fanned out again and boarded the craft. The engines roared back to life, and within seconds the drop ship was off the ground and headed straight up.
“So, may I ask why it took you this long to get to us?” Til'loe asked both Ko and Yol'miaza.
“Well….some how or another a group of humans was able to sneak aboard Roht'mii and sabotaged many of the drop ships we had. This one was relatively undamaged, so we had to have this one repaired some before leaving.” Ko'maiza explained.
“Hmmm….sounds like we need to strengthen the security on our ships.” Til'loe said. No one said anything for the rest of the trip back to Roht'mii. All of the Guardians unloaded off the ship and headed back to Black/White Ten command, while the Fleet Commander, her guardian, and the Armada Commander and his warrior went to a special hangar. The hanger used to be used to carry massive carpet bombing aircraft used during the war on Hyperiom, but they were all destroyed or scrapped after the war. They entered the hangar, it was several stories tall. The lights had been cut out, leaving everything in complete darkness. A few strange glows were seen amidst the darkness, but nothing was heard. The lights turned on, and Til'loe nearly burst out screaming at what he saw.
“HOW DID YOU FIND THESE CREATURES!?” he asked frightened.
“Well, they some how found their way to Genesis Earth. Lucky only five were down there. Two were killed by Sans, but the other three we were able to detain and get here.” Yol'maiza said.
“WHY WOULD YOU BRING THESE MONSTERS ON THIS SHIP?”
“Well….these ones have been altered by us. We….mechanically enhanced them, they are now our new war machines. Their neural link to their hive has been cut off, and their brains are now ours to control.” she said in a calm voice.
“I still hate these beasts…..these bugs killed many of my good warriors back on that damn desert planet…that I can never forget. Even if their minds are altered….I still hate these…Ravagers.”
 
Part 6
 
“Ah….I can't be around these things….I'm going to have a breakdown….and WE don't need that!”
“Calm down, they're restrained and their minds have been put in a sleep cycle, they're completely harmless to us now.”
“Well, when we caught these creatures, we realized they could be a great asset to us. You see, we've been pounding the capitol of the human/Genesis Human Empire for some time now. But it has an energy shield around it that not even this ship's cannons can break, and believe me we've tried. Nothing seems to break it. But I got information from survivors of the battles on the planet where these things lived. I found out they can dig through nearly anything. So, I realized that we could use them to dug underneath the city and come up inside it, with our warriors following us. We get in, break the generators, and rain hell on the city. Once that crumbles down, their military will be thrown into disarray, and we can wipe them out.” Yol'maiza explained as if directing it to everyone.
“I still hate the damn things…” Til'loe said angered a bit.
“Regardless, you'll be riding one tomorrow, you, I and Ko'maiza will be leading the attack on the capitol, so you best get use to these things. Now come on, I have a few more things to show you.” Yol'maiza said turning and walking out of the hanger. Ko'maiza followed behind, his rank cloth getting caught on a loose piece of metal and tearing it.
“DAMN IT! I just had this thing redone….” he said obviously a bit disgruntled.
The group of Hunters and the two humans walked down a long, narrow hall way. It was devoid of features. No elaborate patterns and only a few Hunter symbol flags here and there. It was dimly lit, and its floor was actually just like a grate instead of a solid floor. One could look down and see total darkness below them. A gust of frigid wind would sometimes blow up, sending a chill up all of their spines. They came to a large room. The dark red doors opened slowly up. They let a dim lit out into the dimly lit hall. It was some sort of test chamber. But standing there on either side of the room, were Hunters that Til'loe had never seen before. Their armor wasn't the normal rusty color of a Hunter, but rather, a light bluish color, bit also had a few spots of green on the shoulders and knees along with the forearms.
“What the? I've never seen these Hunters before…who the hell are they?” Zayl'nexs stepped in and asked.
“Well…these Hunters are part of a new order that was commanded to be brought up. They are part of the Holy Order of the Three. They are direct links to them. As you can see there're only three new additions. The ones you see right here are the priests. They are armed with Gods' Rains and Claimers. They also have a special pill with them, which we call the Breath of Life pill. If ingested by a recently killed Hunter, their body will reanimate for a good five minutes, letting it kill its final enemy before moving on the join the Three. Now they may not look like much, but they are deadly.”
She walked into the room a bit and turned to another Hunter in even more elaborate and decorative armor.
“This one right here is the High Priest warrior. Now as you can see they are armed with Busters and Silencers. They are not higher than a Guardian is, but still are armed with the same weapons essentially. Now they are not equipped with the Breath of Life pills, but these are suiciders. If an enemy overwhelms them or is near killing them, they will use the Desperation bombs planted in their chest plates to take out any enemy within two hundred yards of them. They do not accept defeat at the hands of an unworthy enemy.”
“So basically they get screwed over they kill everyone around them?” Isaac actually asked.
“Yes….why the hell are these humans following us again?” Yol'maiza asked, somewhat agitated that she was asked a question by a human.
“Eh…these are my humans Yol…I…captured them and decided to keep them.” Til'loe said.
“YOU DIDN'T CATCH US YOU LYIN' SON OF A….” Isaac was cut of when Til'loe held a pistol up and put it in his mouth.
“You going to shut up in front of our Fleet Commander?” he asked him. All Isaac did was nod. Til'loe took the pistol out of his mouth and put it back in its holster.
“So anything else to show us?” Zayl'nexs asked.
“Yes…we do have another rank for the Holy Order, but the Holy Communicators can't be disturbed at the moment, so we'll just move on to the holding cells…” she trailed off and walked through another door into a brightly lit, white hall. Heat radiated from the bright lights, causing Isaac and Marina to sweat, but the Hunters were perfectly fine even in all their armor. They came to a large glass window, but it was like a mirror, a two way window. Ko'maiza and Yol'maiza let out a simultaneous sigh.
“Now…what you're going to see is a heartbreak to both Yol'maiza and I.” Ko'maiza said reaching for a switch turning on the light in the room.
“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!” Til'loe and Zayl'nexs both cried out in fear. The jumped back into the wall behind them they were so scared. There was a strange creature skulking around in the room. It had armor on, but it was broken and fractured. Its spinal column was enflamed and had a strange yellowish red color. Bits of the spine were sticking out of the back. It was hunched over from the inflammation. The claws on its feet and hands had grown ten fold, making them long and blade like. It looked almost like a Hunter, but it was too big, its claws were too long, and its spine…well too enflamed.
“That? That's….well….the former Fleet Commander…” Yol'maiza said in a somewhat depressed voice.
“Wait…that's Ka'maiza? I thought he was dead? How is he….wait is he on one of those Breath of Life pills?” Til'loe asked.
“No…those pills only work within five minutes of a Hunter's death. He's not really him, he's just a body, being used by something that human who killed him brought aboard.” Ko'maiza explained.
“Well what the hell kind of thing reanimates the dead?” Zayl'nexs asked still frightened at what he saw.
“All we know is it's a strange parasitic worm. Apparently it burrows into the flesh and makes its way to the spinal column. There it grows around it, somehow reactivating the nerves in the corpse. Mutations like the inflamed spine and claws occur. Eventually, the body becomes a slave to the worm, and does what it wants with it.” Yol'maiza said, now on the verge of crying.
“Well how did he get out of eight feet of dirt and a solid metal casket? That's not even possible or a berserk Titan.” Til'loe asked.
“His corpse is a mutant now; we don't know what it could do. We're lucky we captured it before it caused any damage. It took about four hours of direct nerve shock to calm it down this much, and we even severed nerves in the neck and arms, but it still won't give up. So we just keep it here to research it.” Ko'maiza said seeing that Yol'maiza didn't want to talk anymore.
“BUT, THAT'S DESICRATION OF A HUNETR'S CORPSE! THE FLEET COMMANDER'S NO LESS! You can't be doing this, you have to get that parasite out and kill him again, then burry him. His spirit isn't going to be happy even if you are his siblings.” Til'loe exclaimed somewhat angered by the treatment of the corpse.
“Yes we know…but we just can't bring ourselves to do it.” Ko'maiza said staring at his brother's shambling body.
“Well…whatever we do with him, it doesn't matter now, we have something very important to do tomorrow Til'loe…you best get ready.” Yol'maiza said turning the light in the room off and walking out of the hall. Zayl'nexs came up next to Til'loe and stared at the two `maiza's as they left the hall.
“They can't really think that their brother's really alive just because his corpse is moving.” he said.
“They can, and they do, I can't do anything about it….but I got a long day tomorrow so I'm going back to Nalhz'Mii for the night.” he said and walked out to a heading to a transport bay. The others, not wanting to stay on Roht'mii any longer decided to follow him, the image they had just seen burned into their minds.