Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Interns ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Ten: Date Me ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Date Me

Daisuke was a romantic at heart. He hadn't had a love like this before.

Katie started working at the academy two weeks ago. Cupid struck him hard. Daisuke couldn't take his eyes off of her. The sun made it look like she had a halo atop her short red hair. Her round face reminded him of a baby doll's. Pink made her look cuter. Even the lollipop stuck added to her charm.

Daisuke wanted to up and talk to her. But he didn't know what to say. It didn't help that something always got in the way.

Time to talk to an expert.

“Soot,” Daisuke said.

“Yeah?” Soot asked. His fellow intern looked at him with puppy dog eyes.

“How do I woo a girl?” Daisuke asked. Soot's eyes lit up.

“Oh!” he said. He put his arm around the other boy's shoulders.

“You've come to right place,” Soot said. “Come and take a walk with me.” He dragged Daisuke along the down hall. The other boy eyed him.

“Tell me what to do,” he said.

“Shhh!” Soot said. “Let's walk first and then we'll talk.”

“Okay…” the other boy mumbled. He forced himself to smile as they kept walking.

“You have to play it cool,” Soot said.

“Hm?” Daisuke asked. His friend turned to him, grinning.

“You have to be smooth,” Soot said. “Walk up to the girl. Say hi. Don't act nervous. Chat with her a bit. Get to know her. Then ask her if she's free for the weekend. Then ask her out on a date.” Daisuke tilted his head.

“That's it?” he asked.

“Yeah,” the other intern said.

“Wow,” Daisuke mumbled. Soot patted him on the back.

“You have so much to learn, my friend,” he said. “So much to learn!” Daisuke stood blinking.

“Right…” he mumbled.

End