Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Interns ❯ Volume Four, Chapter Seventeen: Rain Dance ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rain Dance

It's too hot today. The interns looked like melting snowmen. Mandy stared up at the ceiling. She panted as sweat covered her body. Fanning herself didn't help.

“I think I'm gonna die,” she complained. The boys looked out the window. The could see the sun mocking them.

“That's just wrong,” Soot said. Bemmer and Daisuke panted in response. Their leader frowned. This would not do.

Soot got up and walked outside. Daisuke looked up.

“Soot?” he asked. The other interns looked out the window. Soot started dancing like a madman outside.

“What's he doing?” Kinsey asked. Soot started dancing harder and faster. The other interns stared, confused. Soot danced harder and faster in the heat. His movements had a strange effort on the other interns. Daisuke walked outside in a daze. Bemmer followed behind. Pretty soon, all of the interns were outside dancing. No music. It was in their heads. The interns danced harder and faster.

Then, they all fell down. The interns started panting. Soot turned his head.

“Anything yet?” he asked. Mandy closed her mouth. She shook her head.

“Nope,” she said.

“Damn it,” Soot muttered. He lay back, frowning and sweating.

End