Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tides of Wine ❯ Amelia ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(named officially now...I think)
 
Tides of Wine
~Amelia~
 
He was so infuriating.
I could hardly breath for yelling at him. He actually had the nerve to carry me out of the city and into the wilderness without even asking me first! I had eventually given up beating him into to letting me go. First of all, he had a back of steel. Second of all, he didn't seem to mind anyway. My newest concern, aside from yelling him into a stupor, was that his hair was wrapped so menacingly around me that I thought I might suffocate. I was tangled into it.
The worst part was that I had no idea how that had happened. Defeated, I just let myself hang uncomfortably off his shoulder and whine. He said something at last. "Amelia, why are you so heavy? You are so thin and not at all curvy, so why the heck do you weigh so much?"
I think that he was trying to make me all fussy again. Unfortunately for him, I was all fussed out. I came back with an insult that I hadn't even planned. "You're just weak. I don't weigh that much."
He stiffened under me and I was almost worried when he finally said something else. "Please, whatever you do, do not call me weak."
"Sorry, but why do you get so offensive all the time. I really can't say anything to you. You get all ticked off at me, ya know?"
He huffed in annoyance. "Like that." I poked him in the back and stared at his bottom with some remorse. Damn. The cloak blocked all the good stuff. "Why do you wear this thing? I mean, no offense, it's really cool and all, but it looks kinda uncomfortable."
"Family heirloom." He said, blankly. I got the feeling that he was disappointed with me. "What did I do now?" I said, exasperated.
"Nothing." He remarked, sarcastically. "Absolutely nothing."
"Won't you put me down, please? I promise not to run off if you're nice to me."
"If?" He said. "How very promising."
"Please, Elliott? Your sense of direction scares me." At that, he dropped me onto the ground and kept walking. I let out a yelp when I landed on my chest. I had no coushin, but I could have imagined how bad it still would have hurt even if I did. Sighing, I pushed myself off the ground and persisted in following the jerk who put me there. Wow. That made me sound like a genious.
"So where are we going?" I asked as I caught up to him, holding back my seething anger and using the energy to nag at him.
"You tell me, Miss Leader." he raised a brow. "I have no idea. East?" Elliott crossed his arms. "This is why I brought you along."
"Right." I let out a breath. "This is the Farey road. Farey is south of Sran Lenda. That's where we were. So I think at this speed we might make it there in two days."
He made yet another exasperated sound. "Two days? That is an awful long time."
I snorted. "Welcome to the world of the living, Elliott. You never really make it anywhere."
"Legimas. That is the capital, correct?" He asked me. I nodded, not liking where this was going. The capital was far from even Farey. Too far.
"I need to go there." He confirmed my fears and apparently saw the distress on my face. "Far, is it?"
"It will take us three months to get there." I told him. "Very far. What business do you have there?" "None that should matter very much to you."
I scowled at him. "Hey. If you really want me to go with you, you better give me a good reason."
He sighed and looked down at me. I saw his eyes skim over my hair, and I suddenly felt filthy. "I told you before. There is something that I have to do. I do not know what, but I am almost positive that I can find my answers there."
I shouldn't trust him. I shouldn't have come at all. I should have never talked to him even. I was sure that something bad was going to happen to me now. I just knew it would. I felt stupid, retarded even. I didn't know him, and he definitely didn't know me. Despite all that, there was something already between us that irked me. We held a similar trait hidden beneath our outer exteriors. I was curious to find out what that was.
"Elliott, " I said, liking the sound of his name on my lips. "I think that I will travel with you for several reasons. Are you listening?"
He nodded.
"One. We have something in common, and I am dying to figure out what that is. Two. I really want to see what you look like without the cloak. Three. I want my revenge for you carrying me out of town like that."
He grinned and threw an arm over my shoulder. "Sounds good to me." I nearly shuddered away fromt he physical contact, but decided against it. "I have a forth reason." I said it at the same moment that I realized it was true.
"What?" He asked.
"I want to know you."