Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tragic Play: X ❯ Act V: False Hope ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Tragic Play: X

Act V: False Hope

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXx

"I knew this was a bad idea," Kimidashi spoke as one of the two men raised his gun to her and Kerebros, threatening silently to take their lives. The spiky-haired man frowned at their futile threats.

"So that's how it's going to be? The strong and silent type, huh?" His friend prodded the barrel of his gun at the two in an attempt to interrogate them further.

"Maybe he won't be so strong and silent when he's screaming in pain," the man replied arrogantly.

"Shoot him," his companion commanded.

Kimidashi's eyes widened I shock as the possibility of her friend and only method of transportation back to X being killed. 'Kerebros…'

With a growl and a feral look in his eyes, the spiky-haired man bore his teeth and trembled with bloodlust, excitement and anger. Then, he suddenly shot forward towards the two armed men.

"I grow tired of your games," Kerebros was ready to slaughter the two men. The man who had pointed the gun at him began to shoot but his hands were shaken in fear and it caused him to miss his target several times. Kerebros maneuvered quickly through the gunshots. Whatever bullets were supposed to hit him, did not because he had been moving at a quick pace.

"What are you doing? Why do you keep missing him!?" The gunner's companion criticized in anger and fear.

"I'm not!" The other male argued. "He's just so fast that I can't hit him!" Kerebros was in front of the man's face in a flash. It almost seemed superhuman how quickly the red-eyed man could move. A clawed hand shot towards the man's horrified face and shoved it violently into the dirt. The man had been so startled about everything that he dropped his guard and the gun was easily retrieved from him. Before he knew it, he was on the ground, lying on his stomach with his arms pinned behind his back and the barrel of a gun threatening to blow the back of his head apart. The tall man was kneeling on one knee and smiled malicious smile. He could taste the steel of blood in his mouth and his round-framed glasses were a little crooked on his face.

Kimidashi simply stared at him as he exposed the man below him.

"If you dare to use force, then you shouldn't complain if you die," Kerebros smirked viciously as a crazed look crossed his features.

His companion stood there with the barrel of his gun pointed to the ground. All he could do was stutter and tremble in fear of the sight before him. He was petrified with fear and as much as he wanted, as much as he tried to will it so, he body refused to move.

As he looked up from the frightened form on the ground, he spotted what looked like a girl with long, sky hair, dressed in a long black dress with black lace. The girl was very thin and pale. She was also very beautiful and her form was splattered with dried blood that had poured from her neck, down the front of her body.

"Kimidashi, come and check this out. I think we've found the corpse," Kerebros looked to the corpse with a smirk of victory and intrigue.

"Are you sure that I should come near them? You only have one down," the long-haired girl looked to the other armed male.

"Don't worry about him," Kerebros smirked wickedly as a psychotic look crossed his face. He looked towards the man with bloodlust reflecting in his eyes, which were hidden by tinted shades. "I'll maul him in a heartbeat. It's been a while since I've tasted human flesh."

The stoic girl nodded, "right, I believe that you'll protect me." She put all of her faith in her companion as she walked forward, towards the corpse. A sudden image came to her mind that caused the black-haired girl to pause and let out the slightest of gasps as she put a hand to her mouth. The image of the soul's owner flashed through her memories at that precise moment.

"That is-"

"Recognize the corpse?" Kerebros asked.

"It belongs to that soul. I wonder why the soul stopped following us past that point," Kimidashi had noticed that as soon as she began to advance towards the dead body, the soul simply remained in its place.

"That's an easy one," the spiky-haired man commented.

"What do you mean?" Kimidashi looked to him in question.

"As a killer myself, I can tell you that the soul is afraid of these two. They must be killers coming back to dispose of the body," he informed.

The girl glanced at the shovels, which were placed a short distance from the seated body. The tips of the tools sported fresh dirt. "Yes, they planned on burying her here, it seems."

"What are you, the police? Private detectives?" One of the men asked.

"We're more like undertakers with authority," Kerebros glanced at the man who had been standing. "You want to commit a perfect crime, right?"

"You're…helping us?" The man asked. It all seemed suspicious to him. Why would people who attacked them, wish to help them?

"We just want the corpse. We'll take it far away and you'll never be caught. If you hand it over, we'll leave you with only the minor scratches I've given you," Kerebros informed.

"How do we know that you won't turn us in?" The man was still skeptical of their plan. It all seemed too perfect for his liking.

"Do we look like such a thing?" Kimidashi asked.

"We have a sick hobby, you see…" The golden-eyed man smirked his infamous smirk. "We collect corpses and sow the wounds back together. Think of it as a deranged form of taxidermy."

"Yes, we work for a seamstress in a land far away."

"What's the land called?" The man asked. This seemed more far-fetched now than it ever had. It was obvious that these people were lying to him and then making up some twisted falsehood to cover up their true mission.

"X," the girl stated simply.

"We really don't want this getting out," the man attempted to put up a defensive but deep in his heart, he was still afraid of being caught.

"Well, if you don't trust in us, then you'll never know," Kimidashi stated.

"Well, we've got no choice with a gun to our heads, do we?" The man who had been lying on the ground said in defeat.

"Take the body," the other instructed.

"What?" The girl asked.

"Just take it."

"Now we're talking," Kerebros had been happy that he got his bluff in on the two.

'No…' a faint female voice could be heard close to the girl's right side.

Kimidashi had noticed the soul sitting on her shoulder now. She didn't know where it had come from but she was happy that it appeared once more. "What did you say?" She asked.

Kerebros crawled off of the man he had assaulted and began to walk towards the corpse and claim his victory. As soon as he was only a few feet from his destination, Kimidashi called out for him not to go in farther but as soon as the words escaped her mouth, gunshots were fired and Kerebros was hit in the shoulder from behind. His blood splattered on the tree bark and tainted the pretty face of the body. The man who had been standing took a shot at him as the other got up. He took off running after Kerebros had turned around.

Kerebros gritted his teeth in pain and placed a clawed hand over the wound to attempt to stop the blood flow. He could hear his companion utter his name in a sympathetic and worried tone as he glared at the retreating man.

"You son of a bitch…You'll be sorry that you ever saw my face," he took off and managed to cut the frightened man off. The man pointed his gun at Kerebros, obvious scared and trembling badly. Even the barrel of the gun shook with his fear.

"Ah…ah…I'll- I'll shoot you again…" He pointed the gun at the other male's face.

"Oh will you?"

"Stop!" He jabbed the gun at Kerebros in an attempt to intimidate him.

"Your idle threats mean nothing to me," the golden-eyed man then pounced on the man, knocking the gun free from his hands. As the two hit the ground, he glanced back at Kimidashi with a frown. "Get the corpse. I'll take care of this fool." He turned back to the man with a wicked and sinister smirk. It seemed to be a promise of pain and suffering.

Kimidashi agreed that she would take the dead body. She ran past him and the soul that accompanied her, floated close behind. "Come on; let's get your body out of here," the long-haired girl told the soul. She could hear the screams of agony and horror as Kerebros mauled his enemies' face.

"We'll have to wait until he's done. We need his magic to go back to X," she instructed.

XxXxXx

Watashi smiled as she held the ball of yarn close to her chest. "I've got it, Mistress Shuukaku."

The long-haired mistress turned as her painted lips curved into a pleasant smile. "Marvelous work, Watashi. Kerebros and Kimidashi could be here shortly. Then I can reward him for being such a good dog," Shuukaku seemed a little too anticipated about rewarding Kerebros.

"Do I get a reward? Do I?" Watashi jumped up and down happily, like a child who had been promised to go to an amusement park. It didn't seem fair for her brother to get a reward while she was high and dry. She wanted one too.

"Well, what would you like, my dear Watashi?" Shuukaku looked a little amused at the excited girl.

"Um…" Watashi put a finger to her chin and looked up in thought. "Can you get me a dress or something?" She asked.

"After I'm done with the corpse, I can make you one myself."

"Oh, yay!" The dog-girl put her hands together in joy. "Thank you so much!"

"I need one more favor, Watashi."

"What is that?" Watashi was curious.

"Go and fetch my apprentice, Ichiro. He'll be needed in case this doesn't go through as planned," Shuukaku instructed.

"Right! Watashi is on the job!" The blue-clad female saluted and dashed off in search of her apprentice.

XxXxXx

Kerebros wiped the last bit of blood from his mouth with a now red-stained handkerchief. Below him, laid his victim, his body a bloody mess and his face was nothing but a bloody skull. The spiky-haired man glanced down at the deformed figure below him with satisfaction.

"Well, that was filling," he smirked.

Slightly behind him, Kimidashi held the black-clad body bride-and-groom style. "Hurry, to the Seamstress before we're found out," the girl stated gravely.

"Right, Magic Circle!" The spiky-haired man shouted as he thrusted his hand downward to touch the ground. As soon as it made contact, a large magical circle appeared on the ground and a brilliant white light illuminated the three of them.

Moments later, the two had appeared in Shuukaku's residence. Ichiro had also been present. He stared with widened eyes at the sight before him. He had never seen such magic as this. He was young, only sixteen and had not been in X for that long. He looked simple enough with slightly tanned skin and short, black hair. He was dressed in a dark blue school boy's outfit and was quite handsome in appearance. If he had attended school, he was the type of boy that all of the students would have a crush of sorts on.

Watashi jumped up and down beside of him. "Yay! Big brother's back!"

Ichiro simply kept staring at them both.

"Brother, brother!" Watashi called out with great affection as she ran towards Kerebros with her arms out. As soon as she got within five feet of him, he held his hand out as if to stop her. The happy girl stopped inches from his hand and perked her ears. She blinked in confusion at her brother's body language. "Huh?"

"I'm injured," he stated simply.

"Really?" His sister looked concerned. "Are you alright, big brother?"

"I'll be fine. We've retrieved the corpse, Seamstress," Kerebros informed and looked to Shuukaku for further directions.

"I see that," Shuukaku walked up towards him slowly. Her body language was sexual in demeanor. "I see that, let's get that bullet out and then I can reward you." He replied with a 'yes, mistress,' as she placed her hand on the side of his face. She then turned to the three beings that stood behind her.

"Ichiro, Kimidashi, Watashi," she said in a commanding voice.

"Yes?" All of them replied in unison.

"Prepare the corpse for the soul to enter. I'll be back in half an hour," Shuukaku and Kerebros then exited arm-in-arm.

Kimidashi looked to the soul with duel colored eyes. "Once you go through with this. Do realize that you cannot turn back." The soul floated beside of her and did not try to leave. It was a signification that Kimidashi understood well. It meant that the soul had been willing to undergo the spell. "I see, I understand," the girl replied as Watashi took the limp form from her hands and sat it on a wooden chair.

The dog-like girl peered at her form for a while. "Oh, how pretty…She doesn't have that many wounds. She'll still look very good when we patch her up."

Ichiro also seemed entranced by her beauty. "She's so pretty. I wonder who she was."

"Honestly, you and Kerebros act like you've never seen a woman before," Kimidashi commented. They both stared at the girl as if they'd never seen a woman simply by how much the two of them seemed entranced by this young girl.

"She isn't like you or Watashi…" Ichiro replied.

"Why?" Watashi asked as she blinked in confusion. "What's wrong with us?"

"No doubt he finds woman who appear younger a turn off." There were some convictions in the dark-haired girl's words. Watashi appeared to be his age and Kimidashi appeared to be at least thirteen. Both ages were not far from his, the corpse, on the other hand, appeared to be around the age of eighteen and had filled out more as a woman than the two of them had. Kimidashi was flat-chested and Watashi had small breasts. Perhaps that may be a factor in why he liked this woman so much.

"But big brother likes a lot of different women," Watashi stated.

"I never said that he was like Ichiro," Kimidashi turned to her.

The dark-haired boy continued to stare at the body facing him. Her white hair and flawless face seemed to stare back at him, even though he knew her eyes were unopened. "Oh…" The boy's glance went further down to her neck and upon noticing her wound, his eyes widened. 'Your throat was slit…How tragic…'

XxXxXx

Long, black, straight, silken strands cascaded over many different fine tapestries and silk and satin sheets as Shuukaku laid in them. Her body was sprawled out in a sexual manner and Kerebros lay on the other side of her with bandages adorning his injured shoulder. The two were nude and the sheets barely managed to cover up their most intimate parts. The red-eyed seamstress lustfully glanced over at the demonic man.

"Such a faithful pet you are," she said seductively and pulled him close. The two of them shared a passionate French kiss and after about five minutes, he pulled away.

"Mistress…" His voice seemed to hold some kindness in it- a quality that had not been shown to anyone. Shuukaku cradled his face and pet him; her long elegant fingers ran through his thick, black spikes.

"I'll help you heal," her voice was soothing in tone.

Kerebros put a hand on hers. "My mistress, I don't know why you'd want a dog like me."

"I understand things about you, Kerebros that others do not. Being so canine, you have a feral and powerful primal urge," she noticed that he looked calmer now that he had been petted by her. "This is a good thing for you. Though by these means alone, you can establish your dominance and mark your territory. I know your body and you love human touch. At times I think that one wouldn't even have to have sex with you, touching you would be enough. You're rather lonely at heart."

"But I am strong and I'll continue to serve Lord Arkas. I owe him my life," Kerebros' face seemed a little sterner now at the remembrance of his duty.

Shuukaku pulled away a little and gazed at his face. "Tell me, are you fond of anyone?" She asked. The question held what seemed to be hidden affection to it. Her eyes glimmered in the lighting of the room and her hair shone like fine silk as it cascaded down her shoulders.

"Are you asking me if I'm looking for a mate?" Kerebros asked.

"Or at least someone to court," the black-haired woman replied.

"I want someone, yes. People like you and Lord Arkas keep me satisfied but I need a mate," the spiky-haired man spoke. It was true, he was lonely but he had yet to find someone that he had considered a true mate. Shuukaku and Lord Arkas were different to him. While they provided physical affection, it was only in return for the missions he had accomplished successfully.

"Your sister is the only one like you in X," Shuukaku informed him of his sister's species. They were the only two dog demons in all of X.

"Inbreeding isn't my thing. Besides, Watashi isn't my type."

"What is your type?" Shuukaku was awfully interested in the subject. She had almost hoped that he had told her a description that matched her characteristics.

"'I haven't found one yet who fits my type."

"I see," the black-haired woman looked down and even seemed a little disappointed in her answer. "Kerebros?"

"Yes?"

"You satisfy me too…and I hope that you'll find someone who loves you," the woman replied lowly.

"Mistress…" He leveled her with a concerned glance.

"I'll just hate it when this act between us stops," she said regretfully as arose and put on one of her kimonos. "I'm going to prepare the ritual. Get well soon." Shuukaku then walked slowly out of the room, leaving Kerebros' nude form lying amongst the many fine covers of her bed. He stared off into space in deep contemplation before he decided to get dressed and follow her.

The two of them soon found themselves reunited with Kimidashi, Watashi and Ichiro.

"Now, let's get down to business," she held her hand out to Watashi as she called her name.

"Yes, ma'am!" The dog-girl said happily as she handed the woman her ball of yarn. Shuukaku took it and skillfully threaded a needle as she fetched a nearby stool and took a seat in front of the corpse. She looked at the girl's form, examining it closely.

"We'll have to undress her to check for additional wounds," she commanded. "Ichiro!"

The Youngman blinked and pointed to himself in question. "Me, mistress?" He asked. Surely she wouldn't make him do such a thing when there were others in the room of the same gender.

Shuukaku's painted lips curved up in a smile. "Well, you are my apprentice, are you not? Don't be so virginized. It's all a part of standard procedure."

"What a loser," Kimidashi commented under her breath in monotone.

"It's just a naked body. I don't see what the big deal is," Watashi had always been comfortable with her nudity.

"It's because he's a loser," Kimidashi responded.

"No I'm not!" Ichiro hollered back at the two women. "I can't do this!" He turned around with a look of over dramatized determination. "Just stop patronizing me already! Jeez!" He marched over to the body and a slight flush adorned his cheeks just thinking about the nude body of a woman and what could possibly be under that black, lace dress. He felt very nervous and tried to chide himself with his thoughts.

'She's just dead. She's just dead. It's not like she's going to be offended or anything.' He slowly took of her dress, slip, high-heels, jewelry and even her bra. After he was satisfied, he turned towards Shuukaku and asked it what he had done was good enough.

The seamstress continued to examine the body and told him that there appeared to be no signs of injury on her intimate parts so he had gotten away with simply leaving her in her underwear that time. He sighed in relief.

"Watashi, some water please," Shuukaku instructed.

"Yes, ma'am!" The dog girl ran off to fetch some water.

Across the room, Kerebros sat in a chair beside of Kimidashi, who had been quiet after she had made the comment about Ichiro being a loser. He winced as he felt the searing pain from his wound flow throughout his body.

Two different colored eyes looked to him in question. "Are you alright?" Kimidashi questioned.

"Shuukaku took the bullet out. I'll be fine," Kerebros smirked confidently at the girl.

"Oh, I see," Kimidashi looked forward and seemed in deep contemplation.

"What's with you?" Kerebros asked. It was not like her to seem distant towards him. While Kimidashi had usually been quiet around others, she had always spoken to him.

"Just thinking about something," she told him distantly.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Hoping that we didn't do this for nothing, I want the soul to accept her body," the girl informed.

"I sense that you're still hiding something," Kerebros narrowed his eyes in skepticism. He knew Kimidashi too well for that old trick. She couldn't hide anything from him.

"I'm fine."

Watashi washed the neck on the body and when she had stated that the wound was clean and that the seamstress could patch it up, Shuukaku held up her needle and smiled at the girl. She began to sow all of the wounds tightly together with the black thread. From a short distance away, as Shuukaku was working her magic, Ichiro couldn't keep his eyes off of the mysterious girl's face and he wondered who she was in her past life.

"Done," the seamstress looked satisfied with herself after she had finished her job. "Now, let's put her in one of my kimonos. The woman examined her black-lace dress by holding it by the sleeves. "I doubt she'll want to smell like death."

"I'll go and get her one!" Watashi offered her assistance once more.

"Get her the one with red on it. I hardly wear that one," Shuukaku instructed.

"Okay!" The dog-girl darted off in search of the said kimono.

"Alright, let's begin the reunion process," Shuukaku turned back around to face Kimidashi, who simply nodded.

The pig-tailed girl held out her hands as the soul floated towards the body and hovered above the head. "Grant her safe passage back to the realm of the living. Give her one last chance at life. Oh Lucifer, fallen angel of hell, allow this soul to live a second time until she is ripped from her body once more." Kimidashi prayed as she slowly walked towards the body and the soul then floated to her palm as the girl slowly pushed it into the body that it had once resided in. The soul itself glowed with a brilliant purple light.

"It's working!" Watashi leaned in with excitement.

The pig-tailed girl pressed it the rest of the way into the physical body's chest. The body jolted in response to this action.

"She's springing back to life," Kimidashi carefully watched the corpse.

Just as she had finished her sentence, the body fell limp and the soul shot out at an amazing speed and knocked Kimidashi backwards as a bust of magic hit her in the face.

"What's going on!?" Kerebros immediately stood from his seat as the soul flew past Watashi, who turned and curiously watched it as it hovered in the high corner of the room.

Kimidashi lay on the ground, her form was sprawled out and her long pig-tails snaked across the hard floor.

"It failed," Shuukaku looked towards the soul in contemplation. This was something that was no easy task. She would have to find a different way to approach the problem at hand.

To Be Continued…