Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Two Unlikely Souls ❯ Two Unlikely Souls ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I
- Hello. I am Asha Sutter. I am 16 years old and this is my story. It was Friday night of the year 1864. The night that changed my life forever… -
 
 
It was night. It was cold. And I had just finished my shift at the local diner. My hair pulled up into my hat to look like a boy's. Yes, I am a tomboy, and I never wear a dress or skirt like all the other girls in this god forsaken century. Sure, I got made fun of because of it, but I just didn't care. As long as I was happy.
 
 
I made a turn into a dark alleyway. I knew lots of thugs hung around in these parts, but it was a shortcut and it was past my curfew. They had forced me to work overtime at the diner. But I wasn't frightened.
 
 
Suddenly, there was a gust of wind and a boy, about 17 years, stood before me. His hands shoved into his pockets. He had appeared seemingly out of nowhere.
 
 
"Well, well. What have we got here?" he asked looking down at me. He was a good 4-5 inches taller than I. "A rebel. Huh. I like it." He pulled the hat off of my head and my long hair tumbled down.
 
 
"And you are?" I asked without hesitation. I looked into his mesmerizing aqua blue eyes, as he stared into my dark green ones.
 
 
"I'm Andric. And who might you be?" he questioned. Andric was very attractive with his shaggy, dark brown hair. His beauty was even more outlined by the moon shining above us. I almost didn't hear his question as I was entranced by his beauty. <p/>
 
 
"A-Asha. Asha Sutter," I told him. I couldn't believe I was telling this to a complete stranger. He just laughed and backed me into the ally wall. Andric placed his hands on the wall behind me, one on either side of my head. I kept my face blank. He leaned closer, his face centimeters from my own. He looked saddened somewhat. I didn't know why.
 
 
Hesitating, he leaned in a little closer, closing any space at all between us, and kissed me. At first, it was soft and gentle. I kept stiff, letting him know that I wasn't going to give in that easily. But soon, he became slightly more aggressive, and I found myself kissing him back slightly. He pressed his hands into my back and held me close. I felt myself wrapping my arms around his neck. I barely knew this guy and yet I was acting as though he was someone I had known forever. This wasn't like me at all. He had me at his command. We broke apart and he started kissing my neck. I almost moaned in pleasure but I bit my tongue. I was enjoying this, even though it kills me to admit it.
 
 
But what was I doing? Letting some random guy come up and start doing this to me? But for some reason, it felt right. Like we were meant to be. Like we belonged to each other even though we knew absolutely nothing of one another.
 
 
- Then, the thing that would change my life happened. I felt a tiny pinch. Just like a bee sting. He had bit me. I didn't know then, but he had just made me his forever. -
 
 
I felt a sharp pain and gasped. He pulled away from me and just looked sad. Then, suddenly, nothing existed. I felt excruciating pain throughout my body. I screamed out, but a hand was clamped tightly over my mouth. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and clenched my hands in agony. Then, everything went black.
 
 
'He bit me...' I opened my eyes slightly and looked at my surroundings. It appeared to be an old cabin. But it was nice. Cozy and just perfect for winter. A fire crackled in an old, worn-out fireplace. But all thoughts went away as, once again, my shoulder throbbed agonizingly. I gripped it and clenched me teeth together trying not to scream.
 
 
I could hear a steady beat. Like a drum. Like a heartbeat, but much, much slower. It was my heartbeat I finally realized. It was slowing. Until it was almost non-existent. Then, I heard the last sound my heart would ever make. It stopped. 'My heart...it stopped beating. But how...?' I asked myself. A million questions ran through my head at once. But suddenly, a shockwave, from the direct core of my body, shook me. I collapsed on the ground trying to get a grip. It was useless. My limbs wouldn't stop shaking. My senses suddenly went on overdrive. I could hear things miles away. Smell things that were un-identifiable. And see things I would have never been able to see before. I clutched my head. It felt as if my head would split. There were too many things entering my head at one time. I couldn't handle it anymore. I screamed. And in a milli-second, Andric was by my side.
 
 
He gripped my hand tightly as he bit on his thumb, drawing blood. Taking his bloodied finger, he drew something on my shoulder. Directly over the place he had bitten me. I squeezed his hand tightly, maybe enough to even crush a normal human's. I was just too preoccupied with trying to control my overpowering senses.
 
 
Finally, the pain started to subside, but I never let go of his hand in fear of him leaving me in my weakened state. Slowly but surely, my senses returned to their normal selves. Clear thoughts could at least enter my head now. Who was this guy? Where was this place? And what in the world did he do to me? That was all I wanted to know.
 
 
I opened my mouth to speak, but as soon as I did, he embraced my fragile body. But I didn't feel so fragile anymore. His actions startled me, but I suddenly felt something that wasn't there before. Love? No. It couldn't be. Could it? It felt much stronger than that. Like a magnet. He was pulling me in. I had no choice but to wrap my arms around him.
 
 
"I'm sorry, Asha. I hope you can forgive me for my terrible actions," he said quietly. I was confused by his words.
 
 
"Sorry for what?" I asked. Why was he sorry? What did he do? Did it have something to do with the pain I was feeling before? I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent, etching it into my memory forever.
 
 
"I don't know exactly how to tell you," he said uneasy. He held me tighter. I didn't want him to let go. It felt right. I knew I didn't feel like this the first time we met. But how could I fight it? It felt so right.
 
 
"Try me," I told him. I was open for almost anything. He took a deep breath and held me at arms length. He looked troubled.
 
 
"You're a vampire now. And I'm a vampire. We're both vampires," he said still uneasy, not sure to how I would react. I nodded, taking in what he had just told me. It was a relief that I wasn't suffering from some deadly virus, but what would happen to me now? Only time will tell.
 
Time...