Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Water Lilly Confessions ❯ Talk ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Talk
I came home from my Women's Anti-Communist Meeting. It was canceled due to our leader's father's death. I was actually glad. I could sit in my living room with a hot meal and watch Thorn Birds before going to bed. Madonna's “Borderline” even put me in a great mood. Nothing beats lying in bed with my husband of eight years. But, things would be different that night.
I made it to my living room. Everything was familiar at first. But then as I walked to my stuffy green couch, I found a long brown leather dress coat slumped across the arm. The coat wasn't mine and it certainly wasn't here were I left this evening. Suspicion seized me fast. Someone else besides my husband was here. I didn't want to think whom though.
Finally, I was able to gather up the courage to investigate. I walked down the hall silently. Moans filled it quickly. I felt sick all over. I had to tell myself to keep going. I felt like a prisoner going to the electric chair. The truth was too much to bear. But I had to find out. It was all driving me mad.
I made it to our bedroom door. Once a sacred place for my and husband and I to be equals and share our deepest fears and secrets. Now, it had been desecrated. I drew in a deep breath. Well, here goes nothing. I slowly pushed open the door.
What I saw next destroyed my world. My husband was right in bed with one of my old friends! They were staring at me in shock. “Dear!” my husband called. “You're home early!” I was too crushed to move. My husband of eight years had been cheating on me. I couldn't believe it! I just couldn't believe it. I began backing away and ran down the hall.
I heard footsteps coming after me when I made it to the living room. Someone grabbed my arm tightly. I turned wildly. My husband held me tight. His eyes were begging for forgiveness. I was too angry to give in this time.
“Baby, I'm sorry!” he pleaded in desperation. “Oh really!” I snapped. “I don't want to ever see you again!” I had to fight him to get free. I opened the door wildly. “Get out!!!” I yelled. My husband pleaded with his eyes. I didn't fall for it. I had to push him out of the house into the rain. I locked the door tightly.
But then, I stood still for a while. I opened the door and found him still standing outside soaking wet. He walked in as if in a daze. “No,” I said bravely. “No. You stay and I'll leave!” My husband pleaded and kept trying to cling onto me. I fought him and left. That was the first night of my hectic whirlwind.