Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Way of the Cross ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The name is Jake, Jake Silver Streak, but On the Zip they call me Silver Hawk. Might have some thing to do with the Armor program I use, or the fact I have this problem with attacking like a hawk. Here let me tell you what the ZIP is. The ZIP is the most retarded name for it, but I guess the OLWG didn't make a word. On Line War Game. Or ZIP, for the fact its fast, and your reaction time is crazy good or you fail. The company that created ZIP was a hard core gaming comic, that went a little to far with their dream, and succeeded in blowing every gaming controller out of the water. We get propped up in a suit, and we move, that's how you play. The prop is sadly on the crotch, but that's the only spot. Now the other main problem is ZIP is an game you have to play at the center, you cant bring it home, for the room needed is unreal. Once inside a ZIP map, you are allowed to upload your suit, make changes and then fight. There were the fun part is. You ever see those games where your this kick ass mech unit. Yeah well now you are one. They hold a large selection of weapons, and in fact, if you score high enough the people who own ZIP will take you away to make your own weapons for the game.
 
I sadly have never gotten this score. But The man at the Center tells me I'm being watched, Kinda creeps me out, but what ever. Now on to the fun stuff, my match.
 
 
 
Pulling the suit around, by turning my shoulder blades, to angle my large thrusters tot eh way I wanted, I took flight, he hands out in front of me, I had my basic looking silver shield and my gun. Oh how I loved the gun it looked like it game right out of a show my dad would tell me about. It was a one hand held rifle, with a beam sword section on the top, looking like a world war 1 bayonet. And this sword was detachable. MY target had picked a large rocky mountain for this match, which was his strength. I get cocky and forget that I have the right to pick a map, and let the person who wanted to fight, pick them every time.
 
On my shoulders, I had a six tube missile holder, that was a silver like my shield. Well I was totally silver really, all but my bright emerald green eyes. My suit had the head of a Trojan, or a Spartan, a long green fin like blade that was programmed to be made of Emerald, The chest had a upraised Hawk head, I was first shocked to know I was allowed to upload a crest on to some thing like this, I was only proven why I was so shocked when they ran it threw fifty viral scans.
 
Thruster wings were the shit. They looked like bat wings, and folded and opened, but they didn't have the “skin” like the bats did, there in replacement would be my population system. My arms were thin, with wing like shoulder guards. Living up to the Silver hawk name was hard, because I had to stick with a style of armor.
 
 
My right sensor went off, and I threw up my right shoulder, and the wing lifted me back, I watched the rocket swish by, as he looked down to see the man in a rather round bulky , ground style suit. He wasn't reloading, and I even gave him the time of that reload, before I reached up, and pulled the gun front of me, I fired once, hitting the dead center of the rocket launcher, and watched his weapon blow apart, and watched the suit take heavy damage to its right arm. I dropped my shoulders, and felt the wings open up, the bright flames of silver shot out, turning green at the tips, making the “skin” or feathers of my wings I dropped down on the guy, changing from gun to sword, as I placed the gun on my back. He had pulled back the second I moved, and he was faster then he looked. But I saw why as soon as I got close, Light white armor. “Crap” I said as I looked at him dashing over the rocks, his bulky suit only looked heavy, he was already going to be a bitch to kill. I moved forward after him, I killed the wings, as the folded up around my suit, I loved them for that the flames were dead, and the little fingers as they are called on a bats wings, folded on to my body, and I could us two of them to give my self a bit of a jump.
 
He pulled my sword out in front of my, and held my shield up as well, like the knights of old, in a jousting contest, how I loved this style. He stopped and pulled out one of the best style weapons I've seen, a lance, with a drill. I was half scared for the fact I knew what this would do to me if I got hit, even once. The teeth of the drill would pull its self in to my body, and rip threw. And then I would be dead from this match Lucky enough for me that little rocket launcher trick worked wonders in my favor. We meet head on, my beam sword on his lance. The Beam sword didn't cut threw the lance, like every one said is should, but it was green, it went along with my theme. We pushed for dominance as I pulled my shield arm back, and took a shot at his head with it, the tipped point, to his face, sent him back, and I waited not a second to finish this. I pushed the sword down, in to the suits, legs ripping them off. The light armor was no longer his advantage I jumped back to watch the orange and red flames burst out, and only thought of the image of the flames dancing off my silver armor. I laughed at the thought. The map and all my suit went away.
 
There in the black dime room sat Alex my friend. “You were close” I said, as he felt the team unclasping the suit hat read our movements and acted to reply with our opponent's “Yeah shut up” He said as he looked at the screen in front of him, at the damaged report. “I got this” I said as I placed the money chip in his hands. “You know I have enough to buy a new full suit, and another.” Sadly this game did not pay out in real money. I was kinda happy it didn't because then there would be no point in playing for fun. “I hate you, but thank you” Alex said as he placed the money chip in, and it took away the fees that it would cost to repair the suit. “You should just keep that, and get your self new armor” I said walking in to the change room.
 
I truly looked at Alex with respect, he had only ever one a few matches, but then again, he only ever takes on me, and the other kids at school, and because its me who he want to beat the most, he just tries none stop. I pulled my hair free from the little net they made me wear, and pulled the body suit off, and put on my clothing. Then pulled my black hair over my right side of my face, feeling the wonderful cold steel on my lip as I placed my lip ring back in. Then walked out in to the cold winter. Alex most likely was going to be alright. He knew I had to go for dinner, I had gotten this letter from some big shot, about some thing, mom thought it was collage, dad thought it was a hoax so I'm going.