Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ Bad news. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It totally was a normal morning at the castle of Quishiniente, capital of a kingdom named Malva. The older princess, Lyra, was still in bed and her younger sister, Kina, and Lyra's best friend, Midoriko, were desperately trying to wake her up.
 
“-Come on sis! You have to get up you lazy monkey, tried Kina.
-MONKEY YOURSELF!!
-Lyra, you're father wants to see you! You have to get up NOW, said Midoriko.
-All right, all right, I'm getting up...”
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“-How do you think she's going to take it?
-She will throw you down the tower darling...
-I'm serious!
-Me too...”
 
Lyra's father, Mokita, the great king, was a little bit nervous of the reaction of his daughter about the new he had to tell her and his wife was not exactly helping him to relax.
 
“-Would you stop turning in rounds, you're making me sick, said the queen.
-Mom, dad, I'm here, said Lyra in a playful voice.
-Hum... Lyra...I huh... I have something to tell you...
-Yes, what is it?
-Well...Huh...You know, princesses live their lives and huh...
-You're father wants you to marry a prince, said the queen.
-Huh...Ok just give me two years, three maybe and you'll be grand-parents...
-Well...The thing is that...started her father.
-Your father already chose a prince, finished her mother.
-WHAT?!”
 
She couldn't believe her ears! He had already chose him? But it was her choice, not his! The young princess was more furious then ever; she turned around and exited the room, making sure to slam the door behind her. She went to her bedroom, scaring some servants in the way.
 
“-Hey sis...What's wrong, asked a very careful Kina.
-Mom and dad want me to marry a prince that I don't even KNOW, said Lyra, boiling.
-Oh... my... god!
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In another kingdom, Ides, a prince named Kohaku had a surprise you don't want to have at the end of a day like he had. He received a letter from the king of Malva, a bordering kingdom.
 
Dear Kohaku, prince of Ides,
You might not remember me very well, but eleven years ago, when you're delightful mother died, you're step-father and I made a deal. He proposed me, a wedding. (Kohaku stayed a big two minutes staring at this word.) When you'd be old enough, you'd marry my beautiful daughter, the future queen of Malva and you'd take my place as king of my great kingdom. I accepted so, the promise was made, and because I'm never going back on my words, I'd like to see you beside my beloved Lyra, older princess of my castle.
My better greetings,
Mokita, king of Malva.
 
Kohaku stayed a very long time just staring at the letter in horror, and precislier, at the word wedding. Kohaku's family had received a curse thousands and thousands of years ago. A wizard had mixed their blood with the one of a lion because his ancestor had a romantic relationship with a goddess which was totally prohibited. The mix had caused strange powers to appear, for example, they can smell the feelings of people. It was Kohaku's, now dead, father who gave those powers to his son. Another power that Mokuba, the prince's older brother, shared with him, was the premonitions they had sometimes. But the feline blood that ran through their veins didn't only have advantages; it's a terrible curse that gave them bestial appearance. They had feline shaped eyes and small sharp fangs. Also, this mix could be very dangerous, whenever their human blood would lost control over the animal one, it would turn them into beasts that only knew killing and surviving.
 
A tall man entered the room; he had long black hair and brown cat-eyes. He was the king of Ides, brother of the prince Kohaku, Mokuba.
 
-Hi Kohaku! Huh...Why do you look so desperate?!
-I'm going to marry a princess...
-...Since when did you fall in love without telling you're brother?!
-I am not in love...
-Huh...Would you mind explaining...
-Do you remember our step-father?!
-How can I forget him...?
-Well...He made a deal with the king of Malva about me marrying his daughter...
-Oh...And you didn't know?
-DO I LOOK LIKE SOME BODY WHO KNEW!
-No...Not really...
-What am I going to do?!
-What else?! You will go to Malva and marry that princess...
-Are you crazy?! I don't even know her!
-Do you really think you have the choice, do you really think she wants to marry you?!
-...
-That's what I thought!
-That's going to be a disaster...
-Not necessarily...
-...Explain...
-Mother and father's wedding was an arranged one! And just look at what it did...ME!
-In other words...A disaster...
-You're so pessimistic! It's discouraging...