Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Why us? ❯ I can't hear you!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
'Why do people keep talking, even though I'm not listening?' is exactly what Avon Flyte was thinking, as he pushed the pause button on his MP3 player for the 5th time in 10 minutes. "I cannot hear you, do not talk to me." Kureno Auron grumbled. "Jerk. How come you never--" Avon rolled his eyes and pushed play again. "-- listen to me?!"

Kureno leaned back in his chair. They were both different now. But they still didn't get along.


Fifteen years earlier, they'd both nearly died. Thanks to being Aionian though, instead of dying, they go back to being kids. They had grow up together this time. And they hated every moment of it.

"KURENO, FOR THE LAST TIME, SHUT UP!" Avon shouted, swatting his 'brother' in the back of the head. "Heeey, what?!" Avon sighed angrily and stomped out of their room. Of course they had to share. Why wouldn't they? They'd only begged for weeks and weeks to have their own rooms. But Jeran wouldn't let them. Of course not! The stupid, cranky old man. At one point he'd been their past selves' best friend. But they were different now. And he couldn't stand it. He'd been stuck with two little strangers that looked like his best friends. His best friends who were gone forever.

It's not like it was their fault! They couldn't help it that their past selves had done something stupid.

They hadn't really done anything stupid. It wasn't their fault. It had just happened. It couldn't have been stopped.

Avon stomped down the stairway, making as much noise as possible. Little kids peeked around the corner to see, though they knew what was going on. It had only happened 10 times this week. Jeran stood at the bottom of the stairs. Eyes turned green, messy hair... not a good sign. "WHY MUST YOU MAKE SO MUCH NOISE?!" Avon glared at him. "WHY DO YOU THINK?! I've been stuck sharing a room with this LOSER for fifteen years. Wally got his own room! Karen got her own room!" He jumped from the 5th stair from the bottom, landing hard on purpose, to emphasize his anger. "Why are we stuck together?!" Jeran glared back. They knew darn well why. He walked off, ignoring Avon's shouts of anger. He didn't care.

Kureno grinned. Avon in trouble, the room to himself.

Jeran shut the door quietly. He wasn't mad. He just wanted quiet.

Avon kicked the wall and ran out of the house. They wouldn't find him. Not this time. He'd been saving for years. He'd be fine.

Kureno spun around in his computer chair, then noticed something running across the large backyard. Avon.

Jeran saw too. But Avon always came back. He had to. Jeran had all his past self's stuff locked away, and Avon couldn't get it without him.

Avon kept running. He'd been practicing. He could almost make it through to the city now. But he didn't even need to get that far.

Wally Evans pulled his front door shut and locked it. He didn't want to go. He'd like to say they couldn't make him, either. But they could. Another group of idiots. Too bad they were important idiots.