Other Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ RealmWorld ❯ Day 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Day 2
I opened my eyes, I rotated my arm, hissing in pain, I looked at Orion. "So how much have we got done now?" I asked, I could feel the new weight in my shoulder and arms, my old bones laying on the table next to me, along with what looked to be the shattered remains of my old wings.
"Well, we've got your head to your legs left, minus your shoulders and wings. We also need to do your tail. I'm going to wait till next week to do this at least." I nodded, looking at the bones. "And those are the remains?" He nodded. I picked up the wing remains, frowning slightly. I could see the titanium blade inlined with the remains. "Did you manage to get out the fragments...or what?"
"Well sir, they seem to have been absorbed by your body over the years. I would like to do a few tests today, if you wouldn't mind." I shrugged, smiling.
"Lead the way my draconic friend." He led me to the portal, opening the gate, he took me to his own private realm, his empty world. He opened his wings, flapping them a few times, he looked at me.
"I want you to try and fly Raven. Get used to the new weight, learn to handle it, and get the strength to be able to fly in all conditions." I nodded, my long black raven wings opening, I raised an eyebrow, plucking out a loose feather, I flapped my wings, gaining a little air, I hovered in the air, my wings having to work a little harder to compensate for the extra weight, I could feel the tension in my muscles. This wasn't so much to make sure that they worked, so much as to make the reattached muscles mend themselves. I lowered myself back down, panting, I looked at him. "It would appear that I did well with the reattaching of muscles." I nodded, my wings folding behind me, I collapsed on the ground, looking up at the soft moon. His world had no sun, only a moon, so that it was always a bright darkness. I looked at my wrists, I smoothed the fur down. I could see a very faint scar from where Orion had opened up the flesh to remove and replace the bone tissue.
"How are you going to do the head?" I asked, almost afraid to hear his response.
"That's...going to be akward. I'm figuring I'm probably going to have to peice it together...basically make a multipiece skull that I weld together...but I'm still working on that one. How's your wrist feel?" I lifted my wrist, looking at it, I could feel the light metal under the skin, I chuckled.
"So Oreo, my friend, does this mean I'm going to be the terminator?" He blinked at me. I shook my head. "Movie from another world. Saw it in a dream. Twas a robot with human skin. It was an unusual story." Orion shrugged, he knew about the "dreams" and had even shared a few of them, which made us wonder exactly what they were. Not that it really mattered, Dreams are weird like that, and we can usually enter other sleeper's dreams if we aren't careful. Orion handed me the DeathDaggers, I ran a paw over the serrated blades, I sheathed them both in the arm sheath, the chain wrapping loosely around my arm, I clasped the metal bracelet to my arm. "I think, Orion, that you are getting better at this. I'm going to go play now." I smiled, ignoring him telling me I still needed some time, I was going to get my new scars dyed...then I was going to find an arena.
I stepped into the weapon's room, looking around the room, I picked up a Bastard sword, the blade made from multiple broken blades collected in battle. I slung it on my back into a special made sheath, the hilt over my left shoulder, the sheathed blade hanging out past my right side. I smiled, walking back to the gate. "Shinno grena deora brea" I muttered, the gate turning blood red as I stepped into the 3rd layer of hell. I let the gate close behind me, I began walking. "I forgot my tunes." I said, pouting slightly. "and my cloak..." I sat down, drawing a quick circle, I summoned an imp, ordering him to grab me my best cloak, my mp3 player, and my earphones. He came back a minute later, handing the items over. I threw the cloak over my back, buckling the golden atreides hawk clasp, I threw the hood over my head, the bottom of the cloak flowing around me as I walked, I dismissed the imp.
I knew that I was in a bad place for what it was worth, as many of the creatures in this place were usually those who committed murders and similiar sins. I reached up, clipping the plastic clip of the headphones onto the lower part of my ear, doing the same to the other ear, I turned on the MP3, Rammstein being the only thing on it at that time, I continued walking. "GRRRR" I growled, my foot sweeping back from me as I did a reverse sweep kick, my paw wrapped around the hilt of the giant sword on my back, I glared at the creature that had snuck up behind me. I let go of the blade, offering my hand. "Ehhh...sorry Sis. Didn't know it was you." I said as I pulled her to her feet. She dusted off the midnight cloak she wore, the red slits swimming in blood red eyes seemed to laugh at me.
"Your instincts are still high tuned I see." I shrugged, reaching up, I unclipped one of my ears.
"And your still the major bitch you always are I see." I said, nuzzling her shoulder. She patted my head, petting me as we walked, my head on her shoulder. she continued petting me as I purred. "So how's the cayzenchian empire treating you?" I asked
"Meh, to easy ruling a bunch of mindless idiots. If only they could be bred for more brainpower." She said, her 2 foot long tail swinging lazily behind her, the ball at the end opening and closing to show acid sharpened spikes. She was the reason why I was part cayzenchian, Becauseof her I was the King of Cayzench, and she the queen. of course, I don't mind, but I never got the idea...er point of ruling an entire nation...there's no fun involved. Especially when, as she said, they don't have much for brains. Though, they can cook a wicked meal. "I'm still having those weird dreams of that other place...it's like who ever that is is looking for you and the other Venice...trying to reunite the entire team. I don't know why." She shrugged, shaking her head, as she flicked a dagger to her side, a hellbat falling dead. She threw it in her bag on her back.
"Who knows why they do what they do...they're just weird like that. personally, I think that they are just nuts...but it does seem rather real, and it could be more then a dream...since I didn't make that world...so it isn't a dreamworld..." she said as she hugged me goodbye, I ducked as she took a playful swipe at me with her tail, I laughed, going the opposite direction. The Venice did exist in both worlds, but I always found it strange that when we had a recruit here, they always became one there not even a month later...it was like it was replicating what happened here. Oh well. I went to the arena, my favorite place, but soon got bored, I was thinking to much, and couldn't clear my mind.
I started to walk away, when I heard a whistle and a thunk. I looked down, an arrow laid on the ground, it had hit the sword on my back...and it was aimed for my heart. I raised an eyebrow, unsheathing the giant blade, "Come out Come out wherever you are..." I said, my body shifting and growing, I could feel bones realligning themselves, my entire body going into a smoke state, then forming into a Dragon-Demon, I stood at a grand 7 feet tall, 375 pounds of pure draconic muscle, bone, and scales. I rubbed my muzzle, looking around me, the black horizontal slit of an eye dancing left and right, looking for any sign of where the attacker was, the bladed tail snapping up to grab at an arrow, the twin blades inside the ball at the end of the tail crushing the arrow with ease. I turned, the heavy blade held out from my body, I rolled it over my hand, walking toward where the arrow came from. I laughed, stopping, as an arrow slammed into my scaled chest, the arrow ricocheting off of the hardened scales. "C'mon now...you don't seriously think that'll work do you?" I asked.
I smiled as a 28 year old female wolf stepped out of the shadows, twirling a blade in her hand. She bowed, her blade nearly the length of her, a beautifully crafted Claymore, I knew she wasn't a pure wolf to be wielding that huge thing. "So, the infamous Raven I presume." I shrugged, my free hand pulling the hood off the cloak.
"That kind of information costs sweetie." I said, smiling. I figured she was a bounty hunter, and people were willing to pay alot of money for my head...and I mean alot.
"I'll take that as a yes...and I will collect the bounty upon your head." She growled, charing at me. I shook my head, they always charged at me. I could not figure out why they never learned. I stood there, watching her sword swing, the blade misting through my neck, I smiled as she stumbled, expecting resistance from the scales, muscles, and bones...and she was met with smoke. I twirled the blade around, the blade nicking her right shoulder, a red line appearing on her back. I smiled, turning to face her.
You, dear, chose the worst place on earth to fight a cayzenchian." I smiled, I wasn't paying attention to her really, as I was admiring the new blade that was about to be added to mine, as she slammed her sword into the back of my head. "YEOW! FUCKING A! THAT HURT!" I yelled, rubbing the back of my head, my sword slamming back in a panther stab. I smiled as she stepped to the side, right into the swing of the sword as I swung it back around, another fine red line appearing on her thigh. She cursed, her snarling letting me know she was about to go into a rage. She came back at me, I ducked, dodging the swinging blade, I was going to start dodging her blows for a while, I really did love to play with the bounty hunters...since they couldn't get me, and never would. She stopped, panting, as I stared at her.
"Why....Won't....You....Bleed!" She growled. I smiled, looking at her. "Because I'm a dragon mi'lady, and we don't bleed." I said, swinging my sword, her blade pushing mine away. I reswung, my blade clanking against metal, I growled at her, she was fast...which meant I had to play the defensive attack on this one....I raised my hand, uttering a few words in latin, a circle of fire enveloping me, I smiled, my smoke form taking shape, I let the wind take me back a few inches, then reformed, my body leaning forward, my tail snaking through the grass under us, I looked into her golden eyes as she ran at me. I stepped to the side, my sword lashing out. She gasped, whimpering, as my blade slid into her back, I growled in annoyance, I had missed her heart...the damn thing was on the other side. I ripped my sword back, dropping it, I unlocked the sheaths, the twin Deathblades dropping, I tossed the chains up, catching the daggers, I took a Pi Gua fighting stance, my right shoulder to her, my right hand at my shoulder, my left hand down at my waist. I ran forward, drawing the serrated edge of the blade against her chest, I stood behind her, turning back.
She stabbed under my scales, the feeling of my scales moving causing me to go Etheral all to late, her knife peircing the flesh, I blinked as she pushed on the sword. I reached down, grabbing the blade, I began to pull against it, growling at her. "What's your name warrior?" I asked, my blade slashing down acrossed her chest, enough to catch her off guard and make her stumble back, her blade ripping out of me. I hissed as the blood poured from the wound.
"My name? I am Katrikia. And you, are dead. The blade is poisoned." I smiled, shaking my head. "No katrikia, I am not. Look at your blade. My blood is an acid, see how it even burns me?" I smiled, the blood dripping down my body, the scales it came in contact with sizzling as they melted. She looked at her sword, blinking as the acid had already melted through the tip, where it was stabbed in me. "And now, you die." I growled, jumping, my wings open, I dropped down on her, my daggers ripping through her neck as I ripped them away from eachother, severing her head. I picked up the sword, wiping it on the Cayzenchian cloth, I looked at the blade. It was savable, but barely. I grabbed a scale from the wounded area, ripping it out with a yelp of pain, I laid it on her chest. I let the smoke take over, becoming a 15 foot tall dragon, I began to dig a grave for her. I picked her up, laying her down in the pit, I smiled, knowing that no one would ever bother her grave, I lowered her in, I replaced the dirt. I blew, a wave of ice forming around the grave, I turned back to my cat form, I kneeled at her grave, casting a sealing spell, I smiled. "Rest in piece Katrikia. You fought well, and have shown the true skills of a warrior. May you find honor in your afterlife." I stood, my tail waving behind me as I began walking again, A smile on my face. I loved a good fight, and I knew she would find peice in the next world...and maybe, in time, she'd come back and we'd end up being friends in the next life...only time would tell.
I continued about my path, brushing the scales, the melted ones flaking out, I smiled as new scales instantly replaced them. We were demons, and because of that, we heal at an exponental rate. I wiped the blood off the blade, drawing it across the edge of my cloak, I threw both swords on my back...I'd be remaking the sword in her honor. The blade was heavy, but as heavy as I had thought. I looked around, hearing the sound of battle, I smiled, walking toward the noise. I found my way up a hill, planting her blade in the ground, I laid my back against it, the hilt fitting pleasantly between the base of my wings as I watched the fight, Angels and Demons fighting eachother for control of some place or another. I ducked as a stray arrow flew over my head, my cat paws snapping up, I launched the arrow back, hitting the bowman in the neck with it, I smiled as he fell back, blood pouring out his neck. I knew that if I wasn't careful the angels would get me involved, merely because I could smell the demon on myself, which meant that, if not careful, so would they. I yawned, closing my eyes, the screams of pain and shouts of victory lulling me to sleep.
I woke up, frowning to find it was already dark, the battlefield below strewn with weapons, armor, and rotting bodies of both angels and demons. Neither side had won, nor would they ever, as far as we knew, because both were governed by one of the major gods. I slid down the hill, my claws digging into the soft earth to provide me some braking traction as I slid down. I landed at the bottom, and began to strip peices of armor for spare metal, using a small spell to transfer the huge pile to Orion's junkyard. The dead never cared what happened to their stuff, and I hated to let stuff go to waste, so I gave it a place to stay until it was used. I then transferred myself to his junkyard, I padded about. I paused, looking up at the CYZ-WRR Mechwarrior AKA Cayzenchian Warrior. It stood at a mere 30 feet tall. It was based off the body structure of a cayzenchian warrior, it was started as an Atlas, when it was adapted with bladed jet wings, dragon shaped head, and hand/feet actuatotors. It carried 2 LRM 20 launchers on it's shoulders, and had removable AC20s on the hands. I ran my hand along the front toe of the brute, the raven blue paint job showing in the bright light.
This machine was a hunter seeker, with minimal chainmail like armor adorning it's body, and it had jump jets. Amazingly, even with it's amazing weight, it could fly adaptably well, the first and only of it's type, this thing was made for me. I climbed up the ladder, Climbing into the cockpit. I leaned against the cushion on the back, my arms sitting inside the open arm controls, my legs inside the leg controls, I could feel the triggers at my fingers, knowing them by heart, this was my machine, and my machine alone...I almost wondered if it would ever get used. I shrugged, closing my eyes, I let the giant, overly comfortable cushions lull me into sleep as the cockpit slid shut, locking me in place.