Other Fan Fiction ❯ A Bond Between Warriors ❯ Love is a Strange Thing ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Bond Between Warriors

By Cheyenne Dancer 

Love is a strange thing, Ahmed thought angrily as he strode through the crowd of villagers toward Herger. What in Allah's name was Herger planning? Ahmed was irritated that neither Buliwyf nor Herger had thought it important to confide in him. Keep his teeth together indeed!

At the increasing sounds of catcalls and jeers, the Arab quickened his pace. Though not as tall as the Norsemen, nor as broad, he was fast as a thoroughbred stallion and anger gave his feet wings. Old women and children moved quickly out of his way as if frightened by what they could see in his face. And well they should for he was very angry.

If someone had told him three months ago that he would be fearful for the Norseman, he would have scoffed. He had no love for the man who had ravished him. Surely not!

Yet from such an ill-fated beginning, tenderness had grown between them. Herger had never been rough in Ahmed's taking not even that first time though the Norse warrior had made sure Ahmed was helpless to repel his advances.

Many nights, when Herger came to him, they had lain looking up at the stars. So similar to those that burned in Ahmed's desert home, yet strangely awry in position and they had spoken each in their halting understanding of the other. Herger would often touch him gently during these times. And sometimes, even allow Ahmed's timid explorations of his body.

When had such a protective feeling grown in his breast for this arrogant, flamboyant, irritating barbarian? As he pushed and shoved his way through the gathered throng his thoughts returned to the earlier part of his journey to this god-forsaken land.

~

Not long after he had learned the savage tongue of his companions, Herger first came to him. There had been drink and food. He had refused the wine. It seemed to him the barbarians always drank and laughed and joked. Their ways were strange to him.

Shortly after Buliwyf had stalked to the outermost reaches of the fire's bright circle of light, standing as a rock in the flickering glare like a pagan god, his gaze directed into the outer darkness Herger had brought him clear water and sat beside Ahmed and began to speak softly.

As they traded insults and jokes between them, Ahmed had not noticed himself growing more tired, more leaden of limb. Nor had he initially noted the slow pairing of the remaining members of their company, not until the soft sounds of passion began to ring clearly on the still night air. The noises of coupling grew louder and unmistakable and Ahmed's sex had begun to swell in sympathy when a cry of completion vibrated wildly beyond the flames. His eyes had grown wide as a child's as understanding seeped into his befuddled mind.

The Arab's heart thundered wildly within the confines of his chest as unbidden images danced like flames behind eyelids he could not remember closing. A strange heat, not unlike the fire burning brightly in their midst, seemed to flow over him, igniting his flesh. He shuddered.

Surreptitiously, Ahmed moved his hand to his groin, adjusting the thickening length pressed in urgency against the soft folds of his trousers. His penis gave a small leap of welcome against his hand, an eager entreaty. A groan fled Ahmed's lips before he could call it back. Dark eyes flew open and Ahmed glanced frantically about the campsite to see if anyone had noted his indiscretion. A chill finger of unease prickled against the back of his neck and Ahmed turned to find Herger's fiery gaze studying him with unveiled interest.

A bright flush heated Ahmed's face. Swallowing hard, Ahmed sought to move away from the man who had crept so near as to brush shoulders with him without Ahmed knowing.

Herger reached out to stop him. The Norseman's breath was warm and sweet upon the Arab's cheek, he was so close that Ahmed imagined he could feel the scrape of beard across his jaw. Ahmed stared at him as if he were an asp. "What do you want?"

A smile graced those ruddy lips that Ahmed had found himself studying more than once and Ahmed's heart skipped a beat before he raised his eyes to glance once more at the man. Herger cautiously lifted his hand and stroked aside the folds of Ahmed's headdress. He stared at Ahmed with such intensity that he found himself shivering as if he had a fever.

Ahmed whispered, "What is it you want?"

Herger touched his cheek lightly, then feathered his fingers down to Ahmed's chin. His thumb stroked over Ahmed's lips, the soft touch sending streaks of heat flashing through Ahmed. Herger spoke softly, a trace of whimsy in the lilting tones. Ahmed understood only a few of the words. "Your skin... soft... like a woman's... such... lips like a red flower."

Ahmed pulled back shaking his head. "What you want is wrong. I will not. I cannot." Herger made to reach for him again, but Ahmed snatched his hand from the air, sitting it carefully back in Herger's own lap. "No, my friend."

Flames danced in shadows upon the Norseman's face, painting him in stark angles, bronze and gold. His hair hung in shaggy disarray about his broad shoulders, two braids twisted upon his right accenting the gold hair. His lips had a ruddy hue and were curved into a wicked smile as he raised his blue demon's eyes to skewer Ahmed's gaze in challenge. With a tilt of his chin and a flick of his tongue, Herger offered invitation to sinful activity.

Herger seemed to take no insult but rather smiled at Ahmed's startled refusal. He offered Ahmed his wooden cup, still half-full of clear water, "Drink, my friend."

So close to insult on both sides, Ahmed had chosen to drink rather than fight. He was tired of being a stranger here. Tired of being alone and outside. Herger was the only one who offered to befriend him. And now, he must be wary even of him.

Ahmed did not remember the moment when sleep overtook him, though it could not be long. He remembered the stars were still in the same place when he woke with rough hands upon his body. Turning him, tangling him in the folds of his burnoose. He cried out and began to struggle, the hands were gentle but insistent, even when Ahmed fought against what they were doing. He had been dizzy, distraught and frightened.

Herger had been kind, even considerate, but without mercy. The blond had lavished kisses and whispers of comfort against Ahmed's neck. Herger's small beard tickled against Ahmed's skin.

The Norse warrior bared Ahmed from the waist down and touched him in his secret places. Fire and fear tangled in a twisted dance along Ahmed's nerves with each touch of fingers and lips upon his flesh. He trembled trying to make a tongue grown dry as dust to speak. A frightened whimper escaped him as he buried his face against the rough blankets. Herger had parted his thighs and Ahmed had found his muscles would not answer his call.

Struggling as if held far beneath the waves of the ocean, Ahmed's breathing was sharp and short. He could gain no purchase and was helpless as a lion caught in a net though he fought with a fierceness belied by the deadness of arms and legs to push the tangled burnoose and covers from his body. Herger lay a tender kiss at the base of Ahmed's spine and the Arab made a small sound of bewildered astonishment.

A dagger of fear made Ahmed's heart beat wildly. Though his limbs would not obey his commands, he felt everything that Herger did to him. Each soft urging touch which brought his body alive in a welling flame of passion, each scrape of beard, each kiss. And when Herger had nosed the secret entrance to Ahmed's body, following with a wicked swipe of tongue, Ahmed cried aloud in surprised pleasure.

Long did Herger prepare him, even though his taking of Ahmed could have been hard and painful. Yet, the Norseman seemed to seek something from the Arab other than pain and terror and labored long to give him pleasure. Dismay and shame tangled deep inside of Ahmed as his body throbbed with unnamed passions.

Shock robbed Ahmed of his words as his sex had come vibrantly alive at all that Herger did to him. Ahmed could feel the treacherous pulsing of his arousal between his belly and the hard ground, his hips flexing without his volition as he pushed against the tangled blankets seeking his release.

Herger continued to tease him long and slow, twisting his long slender fingers deep in Ahmed's pleasure wracked body. Ahmed twisted and moaned, panted and pled in his native tongue for what he did not know--did not wish to know--only that when Herger removed his fingers from his body the need burned hot as the desert under the afternoon sun.

Moving between Ahmed's long bare legs, Herger had placed the crown of his erection tight against the puckered ring and began to advance with slow, relentless care. Pain as Ahmed had never known it lanced through Ahmed. A scream rent the air as Herger had entered his body. And Ahmed knew by the rawness in his throat that the cry had come from him.

Slow steady, dull-throbbing pain as the man had pushed and pushed and pushed until the muscle guarding his entrance had wavered and opened, vanquished by the warrior's relentless forward advance. That pleasure could come from the union of man with man; Ahmed had been too naive to know.

Ahmed was unprepared for all that Herger had shown him that night. Herger had taken him to heights of bodily pleasure that had left Ahmed weak and shaking. Fearful cries of pain and anguish had been turned to shocked cries of pleasure as Herger had sought the center of Ahmed's pleasure time and again. Herger had been careful to make certain that Ahmed had spilled his seed first.

And then the Norseman had started to bring Ahmed's blood to boil anew. It was as if the warrior had the very intent of creating a need so deep and burning within the Arab that Ahmed would never be able to refuse him. Tears leaked from beneath Ahmed's dark lashes as he felt the firmament of his life crumble beneath the furnace of his needs.

Finally, finally, when Ahmed lay in a lax-limbed sprawl staring up at the fading stars, the sky tinged ruddy by the coming of dawn, Herger had pulled Ahmed into the circle of his arms. Herger spoke quietly against his ear. "A sharing of bodies is the bond between warriors."

"I am no warrior." Ahmed answered in a voice not quite steady.

"I know." The blond warrior held him there and did not see his tears as Ahmed trembled at the tenderness and comfort offered. He did not sleep alone after that night, though Ahmed never sought Herger, nor did he make any attempt reciprocate Herger's advance, he did not refuse them.

Nor was Ahmed a stranger anymore. It was as if Herger's claiming had bound him in some inexplicable way to the Norsemen and he was now accepted among them. Though Ahmed had yet to claim Herger. Herger had yet to allow him that.

~

Ahmed flushed, dark eyes flashing at Herger's casual disregard. Keep his teeth closed indeed. Who did Herger think he was? Some woman to be hushed lest he interfere with men's work?

Glancing about the cleared circle, Ahmed at once saw Herger. The man held his sword in a light grip, fingers curled about the hilt as he tested three shields upon the ground. Ahmed closed the distance between them; his mouth set in a grim line. "What happened?"

Herger smirked, his lilting accent lifted in amusement at Ahmed's consternation. "An engineering dispute."

Ahmed lifted his brow in studied surprise. "You?" He looked beyond his lover's shoulder. Ahmed felt his mouth go suddenly dry and he turned quickly back to Herger, grasping his shoulder. "You notice he is bigger than you."

Chuckling, Herger shook Ahmed off. "Yes." Hefting his sword, he struck his shield twice looking across the field of play to his opponent, Angus.

"You could die!" Ahmed suddenly had a deep insight into what women must go through as their loved ones marched away to war. Ahmed shook the thought from his head furiously; he did not love this man! That was a sin in the eyes of Allah. He was just concerned for the foolishness of his friend. That was all!

Herger moved around him, striding to meet the giant of a man in the circle. "Yes." With a light-hearted smile, Herger mocked Ahmed, "Bet on him, if you like."

"I may!" Ahmed responded furiously. Were all Norsemen fools--or just his? And from where had that thought come? Hadn't he reluctantly allowed Herger's continued advances only to retain the peace and trust of his traveling companions?

Ahmed's attention was turned to the challengers when a sudden hush fell over the motley crowd. Prince Wigliff stood with his sycophants off to the side, cold eyes assessing and dismissing Ahmed before turning to gaze at the combatants.

Striking his shield with two sharp raps of his sword, Angus stalked to the center of the circle that had been cleared for their duel. Ahmed felt as if he had swallowed half the sand of his beloved homeland as he stared at Herger's opponent. The redhead--Angus, one of the villagers informed him, stood easily a full head and a half taller than Herger and must outweigh his lover by several stone. Herger seemed tiny by comparison--a child playing at being a man.

With a sudden lunge, Angus struck two rapid blows against Herger's shield, splitting it in half with a resounding thunder. Herger stumbled and fell. Ahmed felt his first real fear as his heart clambered up his throat to block his ability to breathe. He took a half-step closer before Herger tossed his broken shield aside.

The blond warrior stood like a shaggy dog and shook himself. With a defiant tilt of his chin he met Angus' eyes, smiling in provocation, "Luck." Ahmed felt a slow boiling fury building at his lover's bravado.

What was Herger trying to do? Get himself killed by infuriating that giant? Looking around anxiously, Ahmed found Buliwyf standing several meters away, staring intently at the combatants. Worry creased Ahmed's brow and he glanced quickly from Herger to Buliwyf, hoping the King would intercede, and back to Herger again.

With long easy strides, Herger approached Angus, once more, his shield raised and sword at ready. The two men stepped around each other, seeking an opportunity, looking for any weakness in their foe. With an effortless sweep of his sword, Angus struck out, raining powerful blows that Herger seemed barely able to deflect as he stumbled about the cleared area. Angus beat at shield and sword, slowly pushing Herger backward across the dirt.

Swallowing rage and pride, Ahmed whirled and marched upon Buliwyf. If the King had no thought to stop this, it would be Ahmed's place to give it to him! Such a match could not be allowed to continue! Herger... Herger... would not survive. Ahmed refused to think why that thought should pain him so. Another loud crack shattered across the jeers and whistles of the onlookers and Herger lost yet another shield and staggered slowly back to lift the third one.

With a last desperate glance over his shoulder, Ahmed stood abreast of Buliwyf, the tall Viking towering over him much the way Angus seemed to tower over Herger. Buliwyf took no note of the Arab by so much of a twitch of muscle.

Anger made Ahmed's voice tremble as he forced himself to speak quietly and respectfully, "You must stop it."

Buliwyf acted as if no one had spoken, his gaze riveted on the duel being enacted between his man and Wigliff's. For all the world, it was as if Ahmed was no more than a gnat--no--not even so great a bother; it was as if Ahmed did not exist to the Norse King.

Whirling, Ahmed paced away from Buliwyf, watching as his lover confronted Angus yet again. Herger's steps were weary and it looked as if sword and shield had grown too heavy for his arms. Several clashes and clangs rang loudly, with Herger obviously being beaten back.

Sweat clung heavily on the Norse warrior's brow, and wet his dirt stained shirt. Herger stumbled often and seemed to weave at each blow. Each time he deflected a thrust by Angus, it was as if Herger's own sword sought to drag him down to the ground.

Ahmed felt panic building. To never hear Herger's voice raised in teasing camaraderie, to never hear his lover call out "Ibn" in that wild lilting cry when he came buried deep within the heat of his body; it was too much to be born! He whirled back to Buliwyf, sure his panic was written large across his face. "He's going to be killed!"

Slowly, like a statue come reluctantly to life, Buliwyf only then deigned to notice the Arab. Though he did not look at Ahmed, his reply was short and sharp. "That is possible."

Fear near strangled Ahmed and he paced to and fro about Buliwyf as if he were tied to the King with a leash. Ahmed gestured frantically, words tumbling and struggling to be free, "You cannot --- you can't..."

Cool blue-gray eyes flickered over Ahmed with calculating intensity. Ahmed sensed Buliwyf's compassion but knew that no help would be coming from this quarter. This had been planned between the two of them--Herger and Buliwyf. Buliwyf would not interfere now. How this would improve their position against Prince Wigliff, Ahmed did not know. But if Herger were a victim in this, he would cheerily strangle first Wigliff and then Buliwyf for allowing it!

With an inarticulate cry of frustration, Ahmed turned from the King. His thoughts were harsh and uncharitable. A sudden flurry of activity between the two challengers, locked Ahmed's gaze on the field. Ahmed felt his lower lip tremble and he thinned his mouth in grim resolve.

Several more blows were exchanged, Herger had become clumsy in his exhaustion. Angus' last blow shattered Herger's third shield and Herger fell to his knees, forehead resting against the pommel of his sword as he drew in deep heaving breaths.

Stay down! Ahmed thought. Stay down! Surrender! Do not give your life for folly! Yet the words remained locked behind his teeth as he stared forlornly at Herger's struggling form. Herger rose slowly to his feet, shaking his head like a sleeper brought to sudden awareness.

"Stupid fool!" The words broke from Ahmed's lips as he moved forward. If no one else would stop this, then he would! Buliwyf slapped an arm across Ahmed's chest holding him in place. Ahmed vibrated with fury, fear and despair as he watched Angus check his liege lord.

Wigliff gave the signal for the deathblow and Ahmed felt the heart that had been lodged in his throat plummet. Angus took two quick steps forward and let his sword fall with a vicious downward slash calculated to behead his tired opponent.

Herger slid with the grace of an eel out from beneath Angus' blow and whirled to his feet behind the redheaded warrior. With an ease that belied the clumsiness that had gone before, Herger's sword arced in a clean overhead stroke, cleaving Angus' head neatly from his neck and sending it rolling across the dirt. Blood and gore spattered the Prince and his minions as they stared in disbelief at the small warrior who had defeated Wigliff's champion.

Herger looked about noting Ahmed and his King next to each other, a cocky smile curled his lips. With cat-quick movements, he walked toward the well, turning, Herger tossed a small bag at Prince Wigliff's feet. The jingle of gold and copper could be heard as it landed. "See to your friend. He was a brave man." The light in Herger's eyes as clearly as the tone of his voice underlined that he did not think that the Prince was the same.

As Prince Wigliff stalked away, his companions stumbling quickly after him, Ahmed broke from Buliwyf. Buliwyf let his restraining arm fall from Ahmed's chest. Herger pulled up a bucket of water from the well, dumping it over his head. Ahmed could hear his gasp of pleasure clearly as he came up to him.

Unable to contain his fury, Ahmed shook a finger at his lover. "You! You could have killed him at any time!"

Herger grinned cheekily, "Yes."

Ahmed blinked, letting his hand fall weakly by his side. He did not understand these Norsemen. And there was not much he could do in the midst of the villagers beneath the eyes of King and spies alike. "Why the deception?" He could not keep the confused hurt from leaking into his eyes and voice.

Herger sighed. As if explaining to a young child, he spoke softly. "Deception is the point. Any fool can calculate strength. Now he has to calculate what he can't see."

Sudden comprehension dawned upon Ahmed. "They fear what they do not know."

Grinning, Herger slapped his forehead. Before he could add to what he had said, Buliwyf approached. The King looked from one man to another, before staring out at the corpse. "As you said--foolish. And expensive. We'll miss Angus tonight. We'll miss his sword." Grimly Buliwyf walked off.

"Well, little brother, it's back to work." Herger slapped Ahmed on the shoulder, wiping the water from his forehead.

Ahmed searched the piercing blue eyes a sudden resolve stiffening his spine. He thinned his lips and shook his head stubbornly, "No. Not yet, you come with me." He turned and stalked away. Heart hammering in his throat, Ahmed was almost surprised to hear the near silent tread of his lover as Herger obeyed his summons.

They said nothing to each other as Ahmed led them far from the village, deep within the wood. No peril rested there for them so close to the King Hrothgar's hold. At least, not until the mists came. When they were far enough from the last mottled daub cottage, Ahmed spun on Herger, grabbing him by the loose material of his shirt and slamming him against the nearest tree.

Dark eyes blazed his anger and frustration and he tiptoed until he stood eye to eye, his body pressed tightly against Herger's. "You will never do such a stupid thing again!" Fervently, Ahmed crushed his lips against Herger's claiming the Viking's mouth for the first time of his own free will.

He bit Herger's lower lip until he tasted the taint of blood and Herger made a small gasp of pain, the blond's hands clenching in Ahmed's dark curls. Herger pressed his body willingly against Ahmed's and when Ahmed made to pull from the kiss, the Norseman twisted so that Ahmed was pinned against the tree and returned the fierce pressure of mouth against mouth. Ahmed's rage twisted and twined with the heat coursing through his body and he moaned into Herger's mouth.

Ahmed fisted one hand in the blond tangles, his other hand curling about Herger's neck as they struggled for dominance. Tongues dueled as fiercely. Passion swept through them both and Ahmed was first to break from the kiss, pushing Herger back so roughly that his lover fell into the damp grasses.

Following him down, Ahmed straddled his waist, dark eyes ablaze with hidden emotion. "No. Not this time, Herger. This time, I claim you!"

Amazement flitted swiftly across the Viking's weather-tanned face, but Herger's lips quirked in a slight smile. "If you think you can take me, little brother." With a serpentine ripple of his body, Herger wriggled from beneath Ahmed and the battle lines were drawn.

Herger wiped the sweat from his brow and shook the hair back from his face. Taking a wide-legged stance, the Viking crouched, glittering blue eyes mocking Ahmed.

Ahmed circled Herger warily. He knew his lover was cunning, but today's battle had only underscored knowledge already hard bought. Narrowing his eyes, Ahmed feinted, looking for a weakness that he could exploit.

Herger laughed and leapt lightly out of his way. Ahmed thrummed with all that had happened today. The knowledge of words unsaid burned in his eyes and thundered against the prison walls of his heart. The passion of their kisses had been all too brief to satiate the raging demon of need that clawed within his blood.

With a twist, Herger sought to sweep Ahmed's legs from beneath him. Ahmed easily leapt over the assault, dark eyes flashing in contempt, his lips pulled back in anger. "I am not drugged today, my friend."

Herger's eyes darkened--why, Ahmed was not sure, but his lover's face contorted with a brief flash of anger and Ahmed felt a chill of apprehension. With a leap, Herger was upon him, Ahmed felt himself go down. Grass and dirt flew as they struggled together upon the ground. Everywhere their bodies touched, Ahmed felt heat flare, threatening to overwhelm him with other thoughts than the need to win.

There was no doubt that Herger was furious, now. The Norseman pinned Ahmed's wrists above his head.

Ahmed twisted in his grip seeking to throw off his lover. Herger glared down at him; "You have not been drugged for many, many moons, little brother. What are you hiding from? This?" Herger gave a twist of his hips, sliding his erection tellingly along Ahmed's arousal, causing Ahmed to shiver uncontrollably.

"No!" With a suddenness that took Herger by surprise, Ahmed rolled; turning his hands in the warrior's grip until he had the hold reversed and the blond Norseman lay pinned beneath him. "Today, you are mine!"

He would not let Herger win this fight! This battle was his. He would win this struggle and prove to Herger that he was not only a warrior... but that Herger was his as much as Ahmed might belong to him. Why it was suddenly important that he take his place as a warrior, Ahmed was unsure, but that it was vital, he was sure.

Again, Ahmed claimed Herger's mouth in a violent assault. He bit at the blonde's full lips until they were swollen beneath his mouth, then Ahmed licked them, riding out the struggles of the man pinned below him, their erections pulsing wildly against each other, the heat of their combined lust felt clearly through their clothing.

Herger opened beneath him and Ahmed sent his tongue questing into the welcoming heat of his lover's mouth. At Herger's sudden capitulation, Ahmed gentled his hold, sliding the length of the Norseman's body until he lay full upon him. He kissed him gently, slowly releasing the pinned wrists so that he could curl his hands in the long blond mane. "Herger, curse you for a fool, you could have been killed."

"Yes." Herger's answer was breathless; his blue eyes, dark as a storm filled sky with their passion were open and staring at Ahmed. Herger licked his bruised lips, a wry smile flitting quickly across his face.

Ahmed used his fingers to trace the lines of Herger's face, across the broad forehead down the side of his high-cheekboned face, through the small scruff of blond hair that adorned his chin. "I do not want you to go without me. That is not how it is to be."

"How is it, then, Ahmed? What do you want?"

"Let me show you." Ahmed could not believe he was doing this, but something inside him would not let him leave Herger ignorant of the feelings the barbarian had ignited within him. He hoped Allah would forgive him, but he could not hide that his fear and protectiveness and need to claim this pagan warrior came from a deep well of love that had lain hidden too long in the depths of his soul. With swift sure movements, Ahmed divested himself of his garments. He stood proudly before Herger, allowing the Norseman to sweep him unabashedly with his wicked gaze.

Ahmed was of a size with Herger; broad and slim as was the wont of his people. Noble lineage was undeniable in his carriage as it was in the graceful long lines of his body. Lean and hairless but for the curls upon his head and those that surrounded his erection, Ahmed returned Herger's gaze with an avidity of his own. Dropping to his knees he tugged Herger's boots from his feet and spun them carelessly out into the grass, before reaching for the tail of the warrior's shirt.

Slowly, Ahmed pulled Herger's stained blouse over his head, letting it fall in the dead leaves and grass near to them. He nuzzled against the strong column of his lover's throat, feeling Herger swallow hard beneath his lips. The heat of Herger's flesh incited Ahmed and a growing need to possess caused his arousal to throb painfully. With strict control, Ahmed tamed his need and paid attention to the man who waited beneath him.

Ahmed followed the strong line of the Norseman's throat down, licking and biting as he went. Herger moaned softly, eyes wide, one hand cupping the side of Ahmed's face with a tenderness that caused Ahmed's heart to leap and his breath to quicken. A flush touched the weathered face and Ahmed felt a thrill of triumph that it was due to him. Due to his touches, his caresses, that Herger lay compliant beneath him.

Turning his face against the palm that caressed him, Ahmed kissed the center of the callused hand, before continuing on his journey down his lover's body. Paying close attention to the small brownish teats peaked upon Herger's chest, Ahmed suckled one while his fingers tickled and pulled upon the other. A ripple shuddered through Herger and Ahmed felt the answering tension in his body. He licked and laved the tiny nub until Herger moaned again, pressing his chest against Ahmed's face in entreaty.

Ahmed gave a throaty laugh of triumph, squeezing the tight-drawn bud in his fingers harshly causing a gasp of pained pleasure to escape Herger's panting lips. Nosing through the trail of honey colored hair at his navel, Ahmed's fingers trembled only a little at his audacity as he undid the ties to the blonde's breeches.

With the delicacy reserved by a sculptor unveiling a work of pureness and beauty, Ahmed folded the dark leather back from Herger's pale flesh. He placed a kiss just above the dark gold thatch of curls that led down into the secret places yet to be revealed. "Lift up." Ahmed demanded breathlessly. "Let me see you. All of you."

Licking his lips, Herger nodded once and raised his hips. Ahmed slid the tight leather breeches over the slender hips and down the Norseman's thighs. Herger kicked them off impatiently. Ahmed lay his hand upon Herger's hip and the barbarian stilled beneath the touch.

"Who am I?"

A flash of comprehension, mixed with mischief lighted Herger's face. "Ibn."

Ahmed gave him a sharp blow on his hip, watching as his lover's erection bobbled upon his belly. "I knew you were foolish." Ahmed stared at his revealed lover.

No less slender than Ahmed, Herger was pale and dark in places, weathered where sun and storm had touched his face, paler about his groin. Wild honey colored curls, only a shade darker than the tangled mane upon the Norseman's head, nestled about the warrior's proudly erect cock.

Ahmed felt the ebb and flow of his passion as he wrestled with himself not to simply fall upon this man and take him with a harshness that would mark his possession for all to know and see. They had a duty to fulfill tonight and the next and as many as it took to see their enemy dead and defeated. As much as he might wish to claim with fierceness and be claimed in a returning fury, that passion must wait. Neither of them could afford to be less than ready for the dangers that lay in wait.

Still, as his heated gaze traveled and the fire in his loins curled and flared, Ahmed's passion was answered by Herger who rose upon one elbow, reaching out a hand and grasping his, pulling him down on top of him with impatience. "Your problem, Ibn, is you think too much. Do not keep me waiting!"

With a loud groan, Ahmed attacked Herger's lips again, as they rubbed their bodies together frantically, Ahmed could feel the coil of fire burning deep in the pit of his belly and he yanked back from Herger. As Herger reached for him again, Ahmed swatted his hand away, sliding down the warrior's body; he stared eye to eye with the weaving arousal of his lover.

Tentatively, Ahmed snaked out his tongue, flicking lightly at the clear fluid leaking from the eye of Herger's erection. The liquid was bitter with a strange wild taint. Ahmed smiled against the soft flesh of Herger's groin as he nosed through the dark blond curls. "It is crying to me for relief, Herger."

"Then do something, you slow-witted Arab!" Herger complained, shuddering beneath Ahmed's administrations.

Ahmed grinned wickedly, firmly parting the strong thighs. "I intend to." Without warning, Ahmed nuzzled beneath Herger's testicles, laving the area from groin to buttocks with long even sweeps of his tongue.

Herger gave a shout and nearly twisted from Ahmed's hold. Ahmed grabbed him firmly and held his legs high, pulling Herger's hips from the ground. The hidden entrance to his lover's body lay exposed to his eyes, the tight pucker flexing in anticipation.

Ahmed felt his anus clench in sympathy as he gave a swift lick over the muscle. Herger yelped and twisted but did not pull away. The barbarian was muttering many words that Ahmed had not heard before, and Ahmed grinned as he rolled his tongue into a point and thrust against the winking muscle.

His lover's musk was strong here. Honest sweat and the scent of the sea tickling against Ahmed's nostrils as he curled and plunged and licked over, around and in, making Herger his and claiming this new territory for himself. He had never touched a man here before. He had never desired to, and his feelings for Herger had been so confused so long that he had not dared to brave the barbarian for permission, lest he be denied and the shame he had felt at his possession be confirmed.

Excitement roared through Ahmed as Herger yelled and squirmed, helpless beneath tongue and exploring hands. Ahmed rested one of Herger's legs upon his shoulder, his other hand keeping the other leg widespread as he continued to root between the Norseman's legs. Ahmed curled the fingers of his free hand around Herger's cock sliding his hand up and down along the rigid flesh.

Ahmed's own sex pulsed wildly, oozing its need in wet tendrils and dampening the dark curls of hair adorning Ahmed's thigh. Ahmed felt Herger go suddenly rigid as he plunged his tongue into the dark musky depths of his body once more, squeezing the hot flesh in his palm firmly.

"IBN!" Herger shouted hoarsely, his voice seeming to echo back from the far mountains beyond the wood. Ahmed felt the hot splashes of the Norseman's release rain down across his hand. Gently, Ahmed lowered, Herger's legs from his shoulders and released his hold. He gathered the spent seed in his palm, looking into Herger's heavy eyes with hot need.

Herger shivered and spread his legs, lifting his hips. "You wanted me. Come and get me. Take me, Ibn."

Ahmed trembled, swiping the creamy fluid along his weeping erection. "Do not fear, Norseman. I will claim the spoils of this contest."

Herger snorted, staring at him a challenging blue glitter beneath a fringe of dark lashes. Ahmed took what little seed remained and pushed it into the recesses of Herger's body. Herger gave an impatient push upon his hand. "I will be aged before you have taken me!"

"Impatience is not the mark of a pious man." Ahmed smirked as he wiped his hand clean upon his lover's downy-furred thigh.

"I not a pious man!"

Laughing, Ahmed hooked one of Herger's legs about his waist. He looked down into the bright eyes of his lover. Damp blond hair curled about his sweaty forehead, the beard needed care. Dirt stained one cheek and leaves and twigs were gathered in the tangled braids like a crown of laurel gone askew. The pale chest rose and fell with each breath and tremors yet shook the fine muscled body. "No. You are not. But you are beautiful, my wild pagan."

So saying, Ahmed placed the crown of his erection against the muscle that lay exposed to his view. Herger groaned and lifted his other leg, pulling himself wide for him. Ahmed felt himself shaken to the core at the trust the other man was showing himself. Lust lost to love and suddenly it was easy for Ahmed to have the patience to push with slow, tender inexorableness against the guardian ring until he felt it weaken and relax.

With unexpected suddenness, he was inside Herger. Heat the like he had never felt before gripped his arousal and sent throbbing waves of madness rippling through his flesh. Streaks of lightning seemed to war within his groin and Ahmed had to bite his lip to keep from plunging recklessly into the tight hold of his lover's body. "~Beloved~." Ahmed spoke the word in his native tongue.

It was clear that Herger understood though, there was a softening to the tightness around the blue eyes, a relaxing in the body that fought this unnatural intrusion even as Herger would welcome it. Herger raised his hips, pulling Ahmed deeper into his body. He released his leg wrapping his other leg about Ahmed and Ahmed groaned long low and loud as Herger pulled him tight against him.

"I am no girl-child, Ibn. Take me like a warrior. Make me yours."

A wildness struck through Ahmed then and he clamped his hands upon each of Herger's hips in a bruising grip. He plunged into his lover's body, watching his face contort and sweat pour across his brow, Herger's hands gripped and tore at the dirt and grass.

"Harder! I will not break!" Herger cried out his name again and Ahmed withdrew and thrust forward once more. Herger writhed like a woman in labor beneath him and Ahmed felt a tremendous lust sweep through him with the power of a sandstorm.

"If you cannot take me, I will find someone who will! Buliwyf, perhaps..." Herger's taunts were cut off as Ahmed plunged into him viciously, snarling.

"No! I will not share! No. One. Else. Understand? No one!" Ahmed punctuated his claim with rapid jabs of his hips; he could hear the loud slap of his testicles against Herger's bare bottom. Herger cried out and arched, the change of angle did something and his barbarian was screaming and shouting, his cock suddenly weeping and proud with renewed interest.

Ahmed laughed in wild triumph and forced himself into his lover's body again and again with abandon, making sure to hit the sweet spot that turned Herger into an inarticulate savage screaming his name. By Allah! He was tight, tighter than any woman Ahmed had known was.

Thunder seemed to roll through his body and Ahmed fastened his eyes upon Herger's face. He wanted to watch Herger as his seed spilled deep in his lover's body. He felt the small hairs along his arms and the back of his neck stand, as if he were in the center of a storm. Heat pooled and curled in his belly like a mythical fire serpent. He reached to grasp Herger's erection in his hand, timing his the slip and slide of his grip with his thrusts into Herger's body.

Suddenly, Herger's eyes flickered open. They were as a dark pool filled with the fire of passion and Ahmed felt himself being swallowed, pulled into that gaze. He could not struggle free. Did not wish to struggle free. He opened himself to Herger and let Herger see what lay hidden in his heart. And he found himself staring into a mirror of his own need and love. Knowledge ripped his orgasm from him and Ahmed went rigid with pleasure.

Heat seared him and it was as if the dragon was freed as every bit of his flesh seemed seared by its touch. A cry was rent from his lips and he thrust deep into the willing body beneath him as he felt his release spill from him in a series of rapid pulses.

Before he was through, Ahmed could feel Herger's answering response as the warrior's orgasm splashed across his hand, Herger's cries of joy mixing with Ahmed's. Herger's legs fell splayed to either side of Ahmed as Ahmed leaned over his lover, barely supported by trembling arms that kept him from falling completely upon Herger. A drop of sweat rolled down his forehead, along the line of his nose to fall and mix with the spattered seed upon Herger's chest and belly.

Both men panted like horses run too far and too long. Ahmed noted that Herger was staring at him. Faint worry seemed to crease his brow and shadow the bright blue of his eyes. Tension that should not be after what they just shared seemed to radiate from him.

Ahmed licked his lips. He would not hide from what he had revealed. He was a stranger no more. "I am a warrior."

Herger grinned and relaxed, reaching up he brushed damp hair from Ahmed's eyes. "Yes."

With an answering grin, Ahmed kissed the sweaty forehead, the tip of nose, the bristle of beard. "I am yours."

Herger nodded a surprisingly soft smile in a man whose life had been shaped by blood and war gracing his features. "Yes."

Ahmed grabbed a thick hank of the matted blond hair and pulled. "You are mine."

Slick and easily as a snake, Herger rolled out from under him and to his knees so that they faced each other, Ahmed's hand still holding tight in the thick hair. Herger jerked his head against Ahmed's hold as if considering denying him, and then he leaned forward with a laugh, touching forehead to forehead. "Yes."

Brows raising, Ahmed queried, "Is that all you have to say?"

Herger grinned, "No. We stink. The stream is not too far away. Do you wish to bathe first or shall we go back to Hrothgar's hall with the stink of sex heavy upon us?"

Laughing, Ahmed stood and pushed Herger to the ground. "You stink. I just smell of you." With that, Ahmed turned and grabbed up his clothes racing for the promise of a refreshing dip and maybe more as he heard Herger's laughing cry, his lover chasing after him.

Finis