Other Fan Fiction ❯ A Paratrooper's Experience ❯ The Town ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9
1002 hours
September 18, 1944
 
 
 
 
Everybody immediately took cover except Pvt. Jacobs and Cpl. McField. Jacobs had a bazooka in his shoulder. Cpl. McField was behind him reloading the bazooka. Both soldiers were fresh replacements. When the Tiger tank was close enough, Pvt. Jacobs fired. The rocket hit, but it only damaged the armor. Cpl. McField hurriedly got another rocket and slid it inside. Then Pvt. Jacobs quickly fired it. It hit again and this time the whole tank was destroyed.
Germans went out of the tank while they were on fire. Lt. Boone ruthlessly fired his Thompson at the Krauts burning. They all fell down on the ground.
“ Move out, ladies!” ordered the lieutenant. Everybody followed the order.
We moved in a small town full of houses. He motioned for us to take cover behind a car.
“ I'm not sure if there's someone there. It maybe a sniper.” The lieutenant whispered.
“ We're not that stupid, sir.” Sgt. Nichols stood up and threw a grenade at the window. A second later, a German sniper fell out.
“ Thanks, now move it!” Lt. Boone replied. Everybody crouched and followed the lieutenant.
Then surprisingly, I heard machine gun fire. Everybody quickly ducked. Surprisingly, a big explosion knocked a soldier. I couldn't tell who it was because our squad had grown bigger and most soldiers were replacements.
Anyway, I concentrated on getting out alive. Another explosion was triggered near where I was covering dust all over me. I ignored the dust and moved out to another house to take cover. I could hear Garands and Mp 40s firing.
I decided to kill the MG42 gunner. I tossed a grenade in the window of the machine gun. Before I knew it, the damn Kraut was gone. I looked at the German and moved on.
The lieutenant was covered under fire. I shot the 2 Krauts and the other one ran off.
“ Thanks, kid. C'mon we've got a long day ahead of us.” I pulled him up.
I frowned. Hell, it was already a long hour, I thought.
I ran to try to catch up with the lieutenant.