Other Fan Fiction ❯ A Paratrooper's Experience ❯ Another Mission ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
1200 hours
September 18, 1944
 
 
 
 
It was a pretty boring day. All we did was walk. We were told that we had to reinforce some stupid squad that was 6 miles from our position. There was nothing special happened to day except that Pvt. Jacobs got a letter from his family that held 3 pictures.
Anyway, it was a pretty boring day.
All we did all day was listen to music until we got word about reinforcing another squad.
“ I hope those soldiers are dead when we get there. I'm tired of fighting already.” Anderson sneered as he carried his M1 Garand over his shoulders.
I grinned and said, “ Yeah this god awful war has caused enough damaged already.”
“ Yeah, starting with Pearl Harbor.”
I nodded. Pearl Harbor was the reason Anderson joined the Army. He told me all about it on England. The reason I joined the paratroops was because my family was poor. My brothers and I were poorly clothed and fed. My oldest brother and I had enough guts to risk our lives just to help out the family.
I drifted back to reality a moment later. I saw a gunfight going on. The squad we were supposed to reinforce was outnumbered with about 30 Germans.
“ C'mon dammit!” Lt. Boone yelled.
We ran hurriedly to where the squad was taking cover. Their squad sergeant was dead leaving them leaderless. I sighed and tried to help. Most of the soldiers were busy suppressing fire, but four soldiers were busy tending to a wounded soldier. I quickly knelt down.
“ What the hell happened to him?” I asked to a soldier on my right.
“ MG42 spray,” came the answer.
I sighed and said to the wounded soldier, “ How can we help you? How do we heal you?”
He replied, “ I need morphine. Ahhhh!!!” The medic ran to where we were and got some morphine out.
Blood gushed out of the soldier. “ I want my mommy! Mommy! Help! God! Help me! Somebody!” he exclaimed. I frowned as his eyes slowly closed. We all stood up and sighed.
“ C'mon fire your god damn weapons damn it!” Lt. Boone cried.
I quickly fired my Thompson as it hit five Krauts.
I sighed. This wasn't a boring day after all.