Other Fan Fiction ❯ A Paratrooper's Experience ❯ A Trick ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16
1106 hours
September 24, 1944
 
 
 
 
“ Huh?” a guy said as we approached as all of us approached the bridge. There was no single Kraut in sight.
“ Is this a trick?” Anderson asked out loud. A few “yeahs” followed.
“ No you faggot,” Lt. Boone replied. Everybody straightened up when his loud voice was heard.
“ It has been informed that the bridge is secure.” He explained. “ It is not a damn trick!”
“ Do you understand, private?” he turned to Anderson.
“ Sir, yes sir!”
“ Damn right, you should. Now move out!” Everybody obeyed.
“ Shoot any stranglers you see! Do you understand?” Lt. Boone's voice boomed.
“ Sir, yes sir!”
“ Go, go!” He added. We all ran. I joined up with my squad where Anderson was already busy trying to pick off a sniper in a church tower.
“What the hell?” I said as I approached him.
“ Damn Kraut's trying to pick off our guys.” He explained as he kept wasting bullets.
“Then don't waste your bullets dammit!” I ordered. “ It's no use anyway. You just wasted a life time supply M1 Garand bullets, you moron.” I warned.
He sighed and stopped firing.
“How do you expect us to kill the god damn sniper?” he asked. He got out a cigarette and lit it with a match.
“I say we fight fire with fire,” I answered. Then I got a sniper from a dead Kraut and looked through the scope.
There you are, I thought as I saw the sniper.
Hoosh! The bullet traveled straight into the sniper's head. He dropped dead and fell from the window.
Then, everybody moved out.
“Good job, kid.” Lt. Boone congratulated as he came out from behind. He had a Carbine in his hand.
“Thanks,” I replied.
“Alright, we've cleared the god damn bridge and it's secure. Good job. Get some rations out of the box.” Lt. Boone stated as he showed us a huge box.
We absent-mindedly got the ratios out of the box.
“Hey, hey good job on the Kraut. I've never seen you handle a sniper gun before.” Anderson whispered.
“Well you have so shut up,” I whispered back.
He sighed and ate a bite.
“Where are we going next sir?” asked a voice from the back.
“Wherever this shitty war takes us. Heard we were going to Eindhoven or some place like that. It's also one of the main objectives for the airborne.” The lieutenant answered.
“Well, we still need to clean up the dead bodies.” He added. “They smell damn awful.”
I sighed and laid back. What was going to happen next? Is the operation going to be successful?