Other Fan Fiction ❯ A Paratrooper's Experience ❯ The Girl ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15
1000 hours
September 24, 1944
 
 
 
 
 
I woke up, feeling dazed from my sleep. I looked around and saw that everybody was already up.
Huh? What was going on?
I realized that soldiers were getting their equipment ready.
I quickly stumbled up to my feet and picked up my Thompson. I strapped it up my shoulder. I groaned. I was as tired as ever.
“ Hey Smith, over here!” a guy waved up his hands.
“ What?” I asked as I approached him.
“ Oh, here.” He handed me something. It was food. There was very little.
Rations, I thought glumly.
“ Thanks,” I mumbled and went away.
I tucked whatever he gave me in the pocket of my uniform.
“ Alright, boys. It looks like 1st battalion is having some trouble fighting off some Germans on a bridge south of here. We're going to help hold off the Krauts. Do you understand?” Lt. Boone yelled.
“ Sir, yes, sir.”
“ Good. Now, move out!” he ordered.
We immediately moved our butts. I wondered how strong resistance was. 1st battalion can't hold off Germans? It was impossible. 1st battalion was one of the most experienced, best equipped, and one of the best battalions around.
I looked up at one of the houses and saw a young girl carrying a baby. She looked like about my age. The girl was frowning. She looked really sad. I decided to comfort her.
The door was already open. I suddenly realized that she was crying.
I went to her and patted her shoulder.
“ Huh? Oh, thanks.” The girl blushed.
“ Y-you speak English?” I said, surprised.
“ Yes, I grew up in Illinois. I just came here to help my aunt.” Her voice sounded soft and gentle.
“ Oh,” was all I could say.
“ But now they're all dead.” She started crying again.
I sighed. Then I lifted up her chin. Before I knew it, our faces were an inch away. Then, she stopped crying and smiled. The girl had light blue eyes. She had light brown hair and she had pink lips.
I smiled back. Then, our lips met. Her lips felt hot and smooth. She pulled my head even closer. Our lips locked for a long time.
“ Hey, Smith picked up a chick!” Anderson exclaimed as he passed by the house.
I smiled. Then I pulled away. The girl was still smiling.
“ I'm Pvt. Ryan Smith,” I told her.
“ Oh, I'm Kate Stevenson.” She replied back.
Then I suddenly realized I had food. I handed it to her.
“ Take it,”
She nodded and grasped it out of my hands. She smiled her sweet smile. I could feel my whole face getting hot.
“ Well, I- I need to go. Bye!” I told her. I proceeded to get out. Then she took my arm and kissed me one last time.
“ I love you, Ryan.” She whispered as we stayed there kissing.
“ I-I love you too, Kate.” I answered back. Then she pulled away.
“ I have to go, now.” I got a pen and wrote something on a small piece of paper on a table. I wrote my mail address. She looked at it and nodded. She smiled sweetly and went out.
I caught up with the rest of the guys.