Other Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Vs Devil ❯ Angel Vs Devil ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written in response to the week 26 challenge - fighting temptation.
 
 
DISC: I do not own the characters of Dramacon. I'm kinda glad I don't, because Svetlana Chmakova rocks and does a much better job of writing them than I ever could. It's not stopping me from the fanfic, tho... Oh, and warning. I AM changing the timeline - just a hair - to give them a few more minutes together before his sister pulls him away from the hat table to work at the dealer booth. I also added to the story with some history for Matt. It won't be right, I'm sure once book 2 comes out. But it felt needed.
I know. It's not canon. Deal with it.
 
WARNING, SPOILERS! Even though I pretty much give away the whole 2nd half of the story here, I still say, buy this book! Dramacon is the SINGLE best manga I've ever read. I've had it about a month, and I've probably read it about 20 times. And it gets better with every single read.
 
 
 
"She's got a boyfriend."
 
"Yeah, a boyfriend that treats her like crap."
 
"That's true, but it still doesn't make it right."
 
"You're starting to get on my nerves. The guy deserves to have her taken away. Look at her. She's beautiful. She's smart. She's witty."
 
"She's chosen to be with that guy. Come on."
 
"Okay, so she's not always so spot on with her character judgement."
 
"Well you're right on that! I mean she's chosen US to spill her story to."
 
"We're not that bad."
 
"She deserves better than us."
 
"What's THAT supposed to mean?"
 
"A beautiful, fun, intelligent girl deserves someone who isn't a total freak."
 
The chibi devil in a trenchcoat and glasses had no words to respond, and the chibi angel, feeling guilty as usual plopped down in silence as well.
 
The handsome college student in cosplay on whose shoulder the chibi figments were sitting sighed and refused to look to his right. A grimace crossed his face. 'I'm better than that idiot she's with, but still...' He didn't have to complete his thought. His chibi consciences were doing that well enough for him.
 
Still, he smiled as he remembered her response to his teasing about her hair. She was so much fun. Catching sight of the ass on his way to their table, he unknowingly let out another sigh and a frown settled on his face.
 
"You okay, Matt?" She turned to him and touched his shoulder in concern. Her eyes were wide, and he could see she genuinely was worried.
 
With a cocky grin, he responded, "Fine. Just didn't sleep quite as much as I thought I would last night."
 
"Oh?" Her smile got flirty and sarcastic. "Sorry. I didn't mean for thoughts of me to torment you so."
 
His smirk grew as he responded, "That's okay. I didn't say I didn't enjoy it!" He almost laughed as he saw her flummoxed reaction. But his enjoyment was cut short as his sister's friend & partner, Greta, came over to summon him to the booth.
 
As he growled out his response and headed off to work as slave labor with his crazed sibling, the chibis on his shoulder started at it again.
 
"Damn it all! She was flirting with us. I knew it. I knew she wanted us. And now we have to go work in the damn booth!"
 
"It's for the best. The girl has a boyfriend. And even if she didn't, she's underage, and she lives on the other side of the country."
 
"So what? She's hot. She likes us. She doesn't care about our-"
 
"So you just want to sleep with her at a con?! Is that what you want? I was right. We don't deserve her."
 
"I... I didn't say that. I... I like her. Who said anything about one night at a con?"
 
"She LIVES on the other side of the COUNTRY!"
 
"I bet we could make her remember us though."
 
"RIiiiight. We're going to honestly think that a beautiful girl like that would want to get into a long-distance relationship with US! And right after she breaks up with her boyfriend - her FIRST! That's gonna happen."
 
"He... probably hasn't even made her-"
 
"Don't you even say it. Even if it's true, and I'll admit that an asshole like that probably isn't even remotely concerned about the amount of pleasure SHE's getting, if she ends up with us right after breaking up with him, then we would be the REBOUND guy."
 
"Rebound guy?"
 
"Yes. The rebound guy. I'm sure you heard of it. In fact, I know you have. Because somewhere in the pea-sized devil brain of yours, I'm sure even YOU remember Cheryl."
 
The chibi devil's face dropped as he retorted softly, "Shut up."
 
"And Cheryl didn't even hide the fact that we were rebound guy. In fact, she announced it."
 
"Shut up!"
 
Chibi angel's face got a bit softer. "We're not going through that again. We didn't even like Cheryl. We LIKE Christie. I will not let us go through that again. Not with a girl we like. It would be... too much."
 
"She... Christie wouldn't be like that, though. Christie likes us. She's..."
 
Chibi angel's expression was sad and lonely. "She's too good for us."
 
Matt's face remained expressionless as his sister hugged him as a pose in yet another picture. He didn't notice the girl in the crowd standing in front of him looking like her heart had been shredded. But he did catch sight of her walking away from the booth dejectedly. 'She's too good for us,' he thought bitterly.
 
X 45 min worth of writing til here. X
 
"Would you stop looking for her?" Chibi Matt-angel's hands were fists on his hips as he grimaced at Chibi Matt-devil disapprovingly.
 
"Who said I was looking for her?" he replied innocently. "We're at a dance. We're supposed to look at the people."
 
"Right." Chibi angel rolled his eyes.
 
"Besides, we don't even know if she's still here. Or if she likes dances. She never said. And we haven't seen her all day, so she may have cut the con short or something."
 
"Like that asshole she's dating would let her off the leash and allow her to leave by herself. And with all the girls in skimpy costumes, you know HE'S not going to leave anytime soon."
 
Sticking out his tongue at his holier counterpart, "See! You think she'd be better with us, too!"
 
"I didn't say she'd be better with us. I IMPLIED that she'd be better without him. Which she would. But that has nothing to do with us. And there's no reason to think she'd want us anyway."
 
"There's no reason to think she doesn't. And besides, looking for her isn't a sin, you know. What if she saw us with Sandra earlier? I never mentioned her, you know. I don't want her to get the wrong idea."
 
"Yeah, right."
 
"Humph." Both consciences crossed their arms in disgust over their chest, and leaned back against the same wall that the real Matt was leaning against in an identical pose. They remained that way for several minutes, sulking.
 
A flash of orange drew his eye to the left, as Christie in a Kyo-hat headed his way with a smile and a wave.
 
Chibi Matt-devil did a little victory dance as he sing-songed, "She likes us. I told you. She likes us. Oh yeah." Chibi Matt-angel slapped his hand to his forehead and shook it in disbelief.
 
The real Matt couldn't help but smile broadly as he said happily, "Fancy meeting you here?"
 
"Likewise. You dancing?"
 
Before Chibi devil could get a word in edgewise, the real Matt said, "Hell, no."
 
Jumping up and down emphatically, the devil shook his finger at the one he was haunting. "You IDIOT! She was going to ask you to dance with her! We could have DANCED with her! DANCED - you know, the secret code for finding out if someone wants you! BUT NO! YOU had to be SULLEN!"
 
The angel stood there not saying anything.
 
"Oh. Are you here for the music then? Or the sights?" The girl had stopped looking at him as she asked.
 
"Don't say the sights, moron. Then we'll be no better than her idiot boyfriend." Chibi devil was quick to advise before the real Matt could speak.
 
"Neither, not sorry to disappoint. My sister loves these things. She makes me tag along."
 
"GO, Matty-boy! Way to work in the sister mention!" Chibi-angel gave a disapproving look in response.
 
"She makes you go? Can't you just say no?"
 
"Try saying no to her sometime. You'll be in therapy for years."
 
The devil started using his pitchfork to poke into the real Matt's head. "She's standing right here. She LIKES us! Why are you still talking about Sandra!"
 
The music changed songs, and the speakers blared. The cute girl said something, but neither the real Matt nor the consciences could hear. "What? I can't hear you," Matt yelled over the din.
 
She leaned closer and repeated. "Sorry," he yelled, "still can't..."
 
And the consciences held their breath as a dancer passing by bumped her into his arms.
 
"Kiss her! God, look at those eyes. She likes us. KISS HER!" The devil was screaming and stabbing the real Matt in the neck so hard the his pitchfork stuck.
 
Chibi Matt-angel looked at the girl looking up at him and breathed, "God, she's so beautiful..."
 
In slow motion, both consciences watched with wide eyes as the girl leaned up and Matt leaned down. Lips touched, then parted as the kiss deepened.
 
"Whoo-HOO!" Chibi devil screamed.
 
"God, she's amazing," Chibi angel breathed.
 
And then...
 
She pushed him away and ran from the dance, hand over her mouth, crying.
 
Neither conscience had anything to say as Matt turned and left the dance to head back to his room.
 
In fact, the only thing said by either conscience for the rest of the night was a "But she likes us," from chibi devil. Chibi angel didn't say, "Told you so," but that was only because they both knew, so it didn't even need to be said.
 
Even when she showed up, shirt torn and crying, the consciences kept quiet as Matt held and comforted the girl. And they held their silence as she told Sandra what had happened. As Matt moved to go kick the offender's ass, they tensed, but they were both in complete agreement with his actions, so no words were needed. And they stayed that way as the group went up to get Christie's things - to move her to their room - as Matt grabbed the jerk by the collar, pulled back to punch him in the face and growled ferally, "You miserable piece of..." And that's the way they stayed as Sandra and then Christie pulled him off the jerk.
 
When the drunken jerk caught the now trapped Matt with a sucker punch, knocking his shades off, the silence of the consciences remained. And then Christie rushed to Matt's aid and Chibi devil breathed, "Worth it."
 
Laughter permeated the room as the now ex-boyfriend laughed and pointed at Matt, calling him a freak. And as Christie slapped him across the face as hard as she could, yelling for the ass to shut up, Chibi angel agreed, "Definitely worth it." Both consciences looked at her with stars in their eyes as they realized, they were at least a little bit in love with this girl.
 
As the ass started to pull the girl by the hair and threatened her, both chibis and full sized Matt in concert put everything they could into punching his lights out. All three voices in concert seethed, "Touch her again and I will BREAK your ARMS."
 
And then, all three Matts watched this girl, keeping their distance, in agreement, "I won't be just her rebound."
 
Later that night, this girl, this crazy, fun, beautiful girl brushed the hair out of his face, waking him from his sleep. As they fell back asleep, holding hands, Chibi angel muttered softly, "I think I love her."
 
Chibi devil sighed, "Yeah." As he fell asleep, he thought, "I just wish... Well... Maybe next year."