Other Fan Fiction ❯ Assembled Again ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Nautilus

The magnificent ship that was Nemo’s Nautilus charged forward beneath the waves. An expedition south had been ventured, designed to keep the ship and her crew occupied as well as build the bond between the captain of the Sword of the Ocean and his new first mate.

The distinguished man of Indian descent strolled through the ship. Their course was set for home, and the man was slightly unhappy about having to return. Britain had, despite their promises, not opened dialogues for India’s independence. The man’s uniform was blue, with silver ornamentation that mixed British military style and Indian extravagance, and it was the same vibrant color as the turban on his head. His dark beard was still carefully groomed, and its end reached his heart.

“Captain Nemo!” the shout came from behind the almost regal man. The man who approached was dressed in a uniform similar to Nemo’s but less elegant.

“Yes?” the soft, powerful voice of the captain replied. He turned and faced his first mate, Patel. He was younger than Ishmael, but he had proven himself hard working, strong, and reliable.

“This was in the post we picked up in Australia, Captain.” The man offered a small, red envelope to Nemo, “It looks important.”

“Very well.” Patel left after those words, and Nemo sighed inwardly. Two days had gone by since they had left Australia. Ishmael would have found such a thing within an hour of fetching the post. Patel had taken days.

Nemo’s dark eyes studied the black words on the envelope. 'Captain Nemo of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.'