Other Fan Fiction ❯ Atomic Galaxy ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Atomic Galaxy: Solar System V

Planet 49: Atomic Alphabet

Word 01: Accident

Sparky was playing a game similar to hockey except it was in space. "This is fun!" Sparky hit something that looked like a hokey pug. The pug was caught in the gravity of Mars and deifying all the laws of physics, the shattering of glass was heard.

Word 02: Bracelet

"Beep, Beep, Beep!" Even inside the small chest the sound of the old Galactic Guardian bracelet could be heard. The bracelet should have been deactivated, but sometimes it still picked up a signal. She used to be a Galactic Guardian but she was retired now so the signal should not last this long. It was as if the call was truly directed at her and not just a signal the bracelet randomly picked up. Beatrixo had returned.

Word 03: Carpet

"We're going live with Exa Jerada, who is in Celebra right now!" The screen changed to the red carpet.

Red was his favorite color, and he also like fame. "I should be there," Maximus concluded.

Word 04: Darkness

Betty saw something in the night sky; it was very strange and alarming. Each of the many stars in the heavens started to disappear as if being covered by a dark fog, until everything was darkness except for the lights in the streets. It was time for another mission, the battle against the darkness never truly ended.

Word 05: Elimination

Walking around, Maximus ranted about his need for a new more unexpected strategy. "I need a new plan, something that's never been done before! I need to do something that the Galactic Guardians won't expect. Something new and powerful and... I don't know. If only I knew what Atomic Betty's home planet is, I could blow it up. It's either find out or use a process of elimination."

Word 06: Fib

Betty watched as Degill tried to answer all the calls and did his best to keep people calm, assuring them that help would be there as soon as possible. Yet the Galactic Guardians couldn't really help, it was too late, but a panic would just make things worse.

Word 07: Guardian

Betty quickly gathered her most precious belongings, photos that could not be replaced, a small spaceship with a Sparky doll as the pilot that she had for ages, a her favorite and rarest comic books. It was time to move on, it was time to leave Earth, it was time to be a Galactic Guardian all the time.

Word 08: Hungry

"Do you think there's some kind of space storm coming?" Sparky looked at the nebulas in space. With a loud growl, he realized his stomachs didn't feel as full as they did a few minutes ago and he wanted a snack.

"The weather conditions do not indicate the presence of any storm forming. But when you're hungry, it can be just as dangerous," X-5 replied.

Word 09: Inquiry

Admiral Degill was drowned in questions and it was impossible to understand them because they all spoke at the same time. Many reporters had gathered to hear to his message, but they did more inquiring than listening.

Word 10: Just in Time

Just in time, Minimus came running. "I'm here," he caught breath, Maximus bossed him around so much, he always got plenty of exercise.

Word 11: Knowledge

"Regardless of what planet we live in, we all live in the same universe." It was another quote from Spindly Tam Kanushu in his endless knowledge.

Word 12: Long Distance

"Admiral Degill!" Sparky came running into Degill's office. "Betty is on Earth and we can't contact her! "

"I'm aware of that, Sparky," Degill said embarrassed. "It seems the Galactic Guardian's plan has run out of long distance minutes..."

Word 13: Movie

Betty eventually got the chance to go out and she was able to find Noah and go to a movie. It was a science fiction space film that everyone was talking about. Betty liked the movie, she had already watched all the other movies of the series and this was the last one she needed to watch to have seen them all. Even if she did like it, she wasn't quite as impressed by that movie as Noah and many other people were, after all she had adventures like that in real life.

Word 14: Never

Robot or not, he had played an important part in helping save the galaxy so long ago. He never should have treated him this way. But Crushta was B-1's home now, and he was not returning to the Galactic Guardians, never again.

Word 15: Opportunity

"Let my ship go!" Maximus yelled, and with a roar of the engine, he broke free of the tractor beam and escaped once again. Another opportunity to capture him was gone.

Word 16: Protection

It was Maximus' home so no one would there to attack it. He wouldn't do it and if anyone did dare to shatter the peace of planet Splatty, Optica, Destructa and Roxanne would protect it. Splatty was a safe haven.

Word 17: Query

They feel heat coming from X-5 as if his system was working at full power and overheating. Finally, the light in his eyes flickered and he slowed down, "invalid query," he finally replied.

Word 18: Robot

Usually, X-5 didn't accept anything that sounded like magic, putting up logical arguments, but everyone was too focused on the problem to notice that little detail and robot were good at establishing priorities.

Word 19: Static

Beatrixo pressed a small button on the bracelet and a hologram appeared, however nothing could be seen in the hologram, it was just static. The bracelet was malfunctioning because it has been unused for so many years, it was another sign that she should have stepped out of retirement sooner.

Word 20: Time

"That classified information is time locked in the Galactic Guardians databases. We'll have to hack into our own systems to access the critical information we have in less then one hundred years!" Degill didn't know what he was thinking when he approved of the time lock.

Word 21: Useless

There was nothing that could be done while no one could go in or out of the planets that were affected. The Galactic Guardians really were trying their best, no one could deny that, but it was useless.

Word 22: Victory

"An intergalactic level emergency! They said in the news it was an intergalactic level emergency! Not just planetary or galactic, it's intergalactic!" Even if Betty was about to stop him, Maximus still felt victorious.

Word 23: Wild

Some one came running into Degill's office whispered something to him and Degill quickly excused himself from the press, saying he had official Galactic Guardian business to attend to. The members of the press were not pleased by this and followed him, insisting that all their questions were answered, saying that people had the right to know. Several guardians were needed to stop the press from following Admiral Degill into a restricted area. Press conferences could be so wild.

Word 24: X-5

"Nothing is confirmed yet, but lets report it to the Galactic Guardians Head Quarters just in case." X-5 concluded that sometimes it was best not to disregard things because of their low probabilities. He learned from experience that statistics could change drastically in a mere few seconds.

Word 25: Yearning

"Shut up and let me take a nap!" Maximus silenced his sidekick, he yearned for some sleep.

Word 26: Zulia

Betty watched Sparky and Zulia. She wondered how her parents were doing, her grandparents, Dylan, Noah and even Purrsey. She had to visit Earth soon.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Planet 50: Repairs

Underground there were many dark tunnels. B-1 led them to another room to try to repair X-5. "Will he be alright?" Sparky asked.

"He'll be fine," B-1 started on the repairs.

Thankfully the repairs didn't take too long and X-5 was reactivated and fully functional soon. "Are you okay now X-5?" Betty asked.

"I am functioning properly captain. Uncle B-1, it's good to see you again," X-5 confirmed.

"Good to see you too nephew," B-1 replied. It was a puzzle how X-5 couldn't be repaired at headquarters, he just wouldn't reboot. Maybe he just needed his uncle's care.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Planet 51: Certainty

They arrived back at the Galactic Guardians Headquarters with the Starcruiser severely damaged and barely functional, the crew thought it would be torn apart. "Welcome back," Admiral Degill was sure they would make it.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Planet 52: Gone

Pieces of metal floated in space, it was clearly part of the space station that once was the Galactic Guardians Headquarters. Degill recognized the pieces of the walls and random objects floating around. The admiral decided to go outside.

Rodger stayed on the ship, he didn't even want to look let alone get any closer, he didn't say it but Degill understood. The admiral didn't want to go either but he needed to investigate.

After a few minutes Degill was back aboard the ship. It was official, the Galactic Guardians Headquarters where destroyed with no survivors.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Planet 53: Cavity

It all started at breakfast that day. He had been getting a strange feeling in his mouth, always on a specific tooth, but he thought it was nothing to worry about. That time the feeling became stronger and he didn't like it, but he ignored it. The morning passed normally as Maximus was busy plotting his next evil plan and hitting Minimus on the head.

Then came the time for lunch and by the time he was done eating, the bad feeling in his tooth was too much to ignore. "My tooth hurts!" Maximus complained. "It's Bernadette's fault, it must have been something I ate."

"Maybe it's a cavity," Minimus pointed out, which earned him a hit to the head.

"Super villains do not have cavities." However Maximus knew there was a possibility, a very small possibility, that Minimus could be right. He opened his mouth in front of a mirror. No, that thing back there couldn't be a cavity it just couldn't. "Minimus what's that thing in my mouth?" He moved so the sidekick could see what he meant.

Minimus spotted the cavity. "Just as I said, it's a cavity and a big one, on the very back. By the way your evilness what did you have for lunch today?"

"I had a delicious onion pizza and some onion cookies for dessert. Why do you ask?" Maximus replied, as if the question was completely unrelated to the situation.

"Because your breath stinks like onions," Minimus's angry face growled. He switched back to his normal face and tried to correct himself, "no reason, just out of curiosity, your evilness."

It was too late because Maximus hit him on the head again, then continued his denial. "That can't be a cavity I want a second opinion!"

He got his second opinion from chef Bernadette, who promised on her chef's word of honor, that she would never cook anything with onions for Maximus again. "Yes, it's a cavity alright; it's not so bad, I'm sure the dentist can fix it. You know what's really soft and won't hurt your teeth when you eat it? Mint flavor cake with lost and lots of mint marshmallows. Why don't I make that for dinner?"

"Don't you mean dinner's dessert?" Maximus asked.

"To eat cake for dinner doesn't hurt every now and then. Besides it'll make you feel better while you recover from the cavity," Bernadette explained. He was going to eat mint cake with the mint marshmallows one way or another. That was the only thing with a mint scent strong enough to cure the onion breath that he somehow didn't notice he had.

"Sounds good to me," Maximus agreed. "I'll be busy getting rid of the cavity for the rest of the afternoon."

"You're actually going to the dentist, your evilness?" Minimus was surprised.

"No!" Maximus yelled, as if Minimus had said a terrible thing. "I'm going to try to brush it off."

"Maximus, no matter how much you try to brush your teeth to make the cavity go away, it won't work," Bernadette reasoned. "It's a cavity and it doesn't come off that way."

"But I don't want to go to the dentist," Maximus complained. "I'm a super villain, I can live with this ow!" It wasn't fair, at first it only hurt every now and then, but now it hurt every few minutes. What if it started hurting none stop? Well he was not going to the dentist.

xoxox xox xoxox

The next day, Atomic Betty, Sparky and X-5 arrived at the lair. Maximus sent a message to the galactic guardians saying he stole something valuable and to get it back, Atomic Betty had to beat him in a light saber duel, but he didn't say what it was. However, when Atomic Betty arrived ready for action, she found Maximus sitting on the couch looking like he was in pain.

"What's wrong, didn't you want to duel me, and what was that thing you stole?" The galactic guardians didn't receive any reports of anything being stolen, but Betty went to check it out, just in case.

"I lied, ow!" By now Maximus didn't think a light saber duel with his galactic guardian enemy would be enough to get his mind off the pain after all. "It didn't, ouch, hurt this, ow, much when I, ow, called. I just, ouch, wanted a, oh, distraction."

"Let me see," Betty slowly approached and Maximus covered his mouth and shook his head. "Aw c'mon, I'm not a dentist, I'm a galactic guardian." He opened his mouth, reasoning he was safe. Everything looked normal except for that oversized cavity in the back. Lucky for Betty, Bernadette had given Maximus a lot of mint cake to eat early, which he accepted since it was so soft and yummy. "You need to get that cavity fixed or it'll hurt more. I had one, it was very painful, but now it's gone."

"I'm not going to ah!" It was so painful he couldn't even move his mouth without making it worse.

"Can we really blame him chief? Dentists are so scary." Sparky remembered his own dentist experience. Zulia, Betty and X-5 were there with him, but he was still terrified and tried to escape a few times.

"Good point, but it's worse having to deal with the pain all the time," Betty pointed out.

"If you don't want to go to the dentist, maybe I can pull out the tooth," X-5 said it as if it was nothing. Maximus covered his mouth and shook his head again, while backing away from X-5. "I guess that's a no."

"Poor Maximus, this is like punishment for all the evil things he did and more." Sparky was so afraid of the dentist he wouldn't wish for this to happen to anyone, not even a villain.

When people have experienced a certain pain, it's easier to understand someone who is in the same situation. "It's okay Maximus, we'll go to the dentist with you." Betty gave him a friendly smile, which only served to scare him more. He was in a defenseless kitten state due to the sharp pain from the cavity. "It's okay, the three of us will go with you and make you come out of it alive." Maybe that wasn't the best way to phrase it.

"Um... chief are we really taking him to the dentist?" Sparky feared the worse.

"He lied about stealing something. Maybe it's his way of indirectly asking for the help of the galactic guardians and it is our duty to help everyone!" Atomic Betty saluted, to no one in particular.

"That's so inspiring but the dentist is so scary!" Sparky was still unsure.

"I think this conversation isn't helping," X-5 pointed to Maximus, who was now in a corner of the room looking completely helpless and terrified. He was sure that if this pain didn't kill him, he was going to live with it for the rest of his life, or face something worse, the dentist.

Sparky being nice as he is, couldn't help it but to feel sorry for him. "Aw poor evil villain," then looked determined. "Let's do it chief! We'll take Maximus to the dentist and make sure he comes out of it alive!"

"Right!" Atomic Betty walked over to Maximus, but when she was a few steps away, he jumped and attached himself to the ceiling. "Maximus, we're trying to help you!"

All the while Minimus was watching. He switched to his angry face and whispered something in Betty's ear, then he ran off to continue watching the show. Switching back to his normal face, he felt a little guilty about this, but it was better than to have Maximus complaining about the pain all the time.

Sparky climbed on X-5 and Betty climbed on Sparky. The three tried to maintain their balance as they slowly approached Maximus. He stayed in the ceiling watching them curiously, but still in pain. Once she was close enough Betty tickled him make him let go. He landed on his feet being a cat, and tried to hold back the painful laughter. Then it was off to the dentist once he had been caught.

xoxox xox xoxox

Once he was dragged inside the waiting room, Maximus decided that since he was there, he might as well get it over with. He was being treated like a small child, but he was in too much pain to care.

Minimus was entertained by a comic book from the books and magazines in the waiting room and Betty was looking at another comic. X-5 was looking at a robotics magazine and apparently blushing.

Sparky was looking at a magazine about space ships. He noticed Maximus looking scared and decided to prove what a great galactic guardian he is by being nice and cheering him up a bit. "Look at this ship, isn't it cool?"

Maximus nodded slowly. He didn't want to risk moving his mouth to speak and causing more pain to come from the cavity.

Sparky turned the page, "oh, oh." In this new page, there were many pictures of tools used to construct the ships. Looking at drills and pointy things is not a good thing to do while waiting at the dentist's office.

Maximus fainted from pure fear but the others were busy reading and didn't notice. Betty looked at Maximus, who was still unconscious. "You got him to take a nap," she whispered, "good job Sparky." Sparky didn't correct her.

After a while, the waiting was over and as soon as Maximus's name was called, he woke up and attached himself to the ceiling again. "Doctor, we have a situation here," the secretary called.

The doctor came out to the waiting room and saw Maximus attached to the ceiling. "Sorry about that," Betty apologized for him, since he was probably scratching the paint and scaring the other people in the waiting room.

"It's alright, it happens all the time. I get the ceiling painted once a week anyway," the dentist was a lynx too. They decided to take Maximus to a dentist in Mega Kat city on planet Lynxia to make him feel more comfortable. "Come on down from there I won't hurt you!" Maximus shook his head. He wasn't going to trust the dentist no matter how friendly he looked. "Would you come down for the Swat Kats?" Maximus shook his head again. "How strange I usually get them to come down by dressing up in a Swat Kat uniform," the lynx dentist was used to dealing with children who are afraid of the dentist on a daily basis, but this case would be a challenge. "I'll give you sugar free candy!"

Still Maximus wouldn't come down and Betty was losing her patience. "That's it, Maximus come down from there or I'll tickle you and you know that cavity hurts when you laugh!"

If it weren't because it hurt to move his mouth, Maximus would have said something along the lines of 'cruel galactic guardian I will have my revenge!' Instead he jumped down in silence.

Suddenly the dentist remembered where he had seen those clothes. "You're a fan of Maximus IQ, right? Let's pretend we're going into a secret hide out to plot ways to take over the universe!" Needless to say, the dentist didn't think he was the real Maximus IQ.

After being dragged inside the medical area, it took a miracle to get Maximus to sit still on the chair and an even bigger one to get him to open his mouth. But it didn't look like that second miracle was going to happen, so Betty simply stepped on his tail claiming that it was for his own good.

The dentist then put some sticky stuff that tasted like banana on the injured tooth so that Maximus would have no feeling on that part of his mouth. Thanks goodness for advanced pain killers or his patient wouldn't stay still for more than half a second.

Soon the tooth was fixed and Maximus could leave. "That wasn't so bad and for being such a brave super villain, I'll give you some sugar free candy." The dentist handed him a large cheery flavored sugar free lollypop, which Maximus happily licked after the torture was over.

"Now I can go back to taking over the universe!" His classic evil laugh echoed all over the building, he was happy to find it no longer hurt to laugh or yell.

xoxox xox xoxox

Outside the office, a yellow lynx with brown stripes stood frozen. "Did you hear that, Jake?"

"I'm sure it was nothing, Chance," a brown lynx replied. It had taken him a long time to convince his best friend to stop complaining about his cavity and get it fixed.

"But I heard an evil laugh coming from inside this place," Chance insisted. "I don't want to do this anymore, I'll just have to live with the pain. I'm going home," Chance ran away.

Jake chased after him. "I'm sure that evil laugh was nothing, come back!"

Just a few minutes after they were gone Maximus came out of the dentist's office. "Minimus, call a space taxi. I know you were the one who told Atomic Betty to tickle me and you'll pay for that when we get back to the lair!" They jumped in the space taxi and flew back to Maximus's lair, since they had come in the Starcruiser.

xoxox xox xoxox

Inside the office, Betty was looking at the dentist's bill. "After we helped him, he runs off and leaves us with the bill!"

"I knew coming to the dentist was a bad idea," Sparky pouted.

"There was a 99.9% chance that he would try to get back at us somehow," X-5 calculated.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Sparky asked.

"You didn't ask," X-5 replied.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Planet 54: Three Magic Stones

"Thank you so much Atomic Betty for saving my kingdom and for the pictures and autograph!" The young princess of planet Piedra was as happy as can be. Atomic Betty had just stopped a band of thieves from getting away with the royal family's treasures, which weren't all that many anyway. Planet Piedra was not rich in gold and jewels, but its inhabitants were very nice people.

Princess Caliza was seven years old and a big fan of Atomic Betty. Like most people from her planet, she was covered in white fur with little spots, in this case blue. Her ears were kind of big, a cross between cat ears and rabbit ears. Her face looked human, save for the fur, and she has a long fluffy tail, too big and long for the size of her body.

Betty wondered how these people walked around all day with those big tails and ears, but it's the way they were born, so they must be used to it by now.

The planet was covered in a light gray strong stone that prevented the locals from cultivating any plants. Their food came from large gardens that were filled with soil from other planets, just deep enough for small plants to take root. The planet was covered in mountains and rocks, many, many rocks.

"I'm happy to help," Atomic Betty saluted and looked cool from her little fan.

Caliza giggled and clapped. "I wish I could be a Galactic Guardian, but I need to stay here and learn to be a queen. That's what daddy said. But I want to be like you and save people and stuff."

"Your kingdom needs you," Betty said. "You can help them and keep them safe. You'll be Piedra's own Galactic Guardian." Caliza looked happy enough with that new way to look at the situation. But now it was time to leave. "Sparky, X-5!"

After the thieves were stopped, while Betty talked to the princess, a few servants had brought food for their heroes to regain their strength after the battle with the thieves, which wasn't all that hard for them anyway. Sparky was happily eating while X-5 tried to tell him to behave in front of royalty. "She's not looking this way anyway," Sparky replied with his mouth full.

"Sparky and X-5 are happy with the food I think, maybe we should wait for them to finish" The princess smiled and signaled. The servants continued to bring food, it was clear that the way they saw it, when Sparky had recovered his energy, he would simply stop eating and if he continued to eat, it was because he really needed it.

Betty knew where this was going. "Okay, we can play for a little while."

"Can we play legendary hero?" Princess Caliza asked.

"Sure, let's play legendary hero" Betty agreed. "How do you play that game?"

"You're the hero that needs to save the planet and I'm the magical fairy that will help you," Caliza explained. "To save Piedra you must find three magical stones, pretend magic that is. We also need a villain." Caliza thought of the possibilities for a moment. X-5 and Sparky were busy eating, well Sparky was busy eating, but X-5 appeared to be giving him a speech so he was busy too. "Nanny, can you call Marmo?"

"Right away princess." The princess's babysitter, who stood quietly in the corner of the room the entire time, left the building while Caliza explained the rest of the game.

The castle wasn't as big as other alien castles. This one only had three floors and another one floor structure next to it, which contained the treasures of the royal family. It was made from the same light gray stone that the houses around it were made of and didn't look very different from them on the inside. In fact the princess was dressed just as any other little girl from the planet, with no tiaras or expensive jewelry.

Soon the old woman with white fur and red spots returned with a little boy of the same species, this one with green spots. After Caliza explained the game, she and Marmo used their shape shifting abilities, similar to Chameleon's species. Caliza turned into a fairy and Marmo turned into Maximus IQ, the villain of their little game.

xoxox xox xoxox

Later, on top of a mountain, the real Maximus looked down as if looking for someone. "I know I saw Atomic Betty's ship land here, so where could she be?"

As if on cue Atomic Betty came running up the mountain path carved around it in a spiral. "Stop evil villain, you shall not get the magical stone of power!" Betty assumed that was Marmo.

Maximus' ship was well hidden at the base of the mountain and he had made Minimus carry him up there to get a better view without exposing his ship. After that the sidekick collapsed behind some rocks. Betty ran past Maximus and into a little cave near the top of the mountain. The stones from this mountain were a darker gray and they had little white spots. That's how the faerie of the game would know the stone came from the mountain.

Betty picked up a random rock from the ground. "I have obtained the stone of power!"

Maximus blinked in confusion, but believed it none the less. "Give it to me!" He tried to get it, but Betty was too fast. He kept chasing her around the mountain until he finally gave up. He wasn't in a good mood today. That's why he came looking for Atomic Betty, he needed to fight with his enemy to get the tension out of his system and get rid of the stress that came from being the universe's greatest super villain. Everyone expected so much from him after all. With all the stress building up he exploded in a temper tantrum. "It's not fair! I want the stone of power! Give it to me! I'm the greatest super villain in the universe, I should have it!"

"Alright, alright here," Betty handed him the ordinary rock while thinking about what a great actor Marmo turned out to be. "You may have taken that stone, but it will not work without the other two and the magical faerie has revealed their location only to me!" Betty ran down the mountain.

Maximus found her behavior to be quite strange, maybe the altitude was affecting her. "Minimus, let's go, we need to follow Atomic Betty and get the other two magical stones!" He decided to forget about her strange behavior and concentrate on the magical stones. "Minimus!"

Minimus crawled from behind some rocks. "Your evilness, I can't carry you again!"

"Yes you can!" Maximus sat down but Minimus couldn't even lift him. "Useless sidekick! I'll have to follow her myself." He kicked Minimus, who rolled down the mountain.

Betty quickly reached the foot of the mountain and looked back to see if the one she thought was Marmo was still following her. By now Caliza must have hidden the light gray rock with a little star painted on it in the area to the west of the village and that was the next part of the game, the stone of courage.

Maximus was too tired to care if Betty saw him or not, he reached the ground and fell. "Too tired, carry me!" He closed his eyes, he was too tired and if his sidekick didn't come to get him he would take a nap there and then, but the ground was so hard and uncomfortable.

The next thing he knew, someone picked him up. Maximus opened his eyes and found Betty giving him a piggyback ride. "This is just until we get to the west area, then we're enemies again." Betty spoke in her overly dramatic tone.

"Works for me," Maximus was weirded out, but too tired to care.

xoxox xox xoxox

Soon, they reached the west area. As they approached the area with three large boulders forming a triangle they saw, another Maximus. "I have obtained the stone of courage, now we each have one and we must race to find the last one!" Marmo, who looked exactly like Maximus, paused. "How come you're giving Maximus a piggyback ride, I thought he was your enemy." Marmo changed back to normal. "Did he get hurt or something and can't walk by himself?"

Betty dropped Maximus. "Meow!" Maximus got up and complained. "The ground is really hard here!"

"I thought you were... How could I not know? The temper tantrum was a dead give away," Betty shook her head. She didn't expect to find the real Maximus there, on a planet that didn't posses any valuable natural resources, treasures or technology.

"I have the stone of power!" Maximus proudly held up what he thought was a valuable magical treasure.

"It's just a game," Betty revealed. "This entire time we were playing and he was supposed to be the pretend villain." She pointed at Marmo.

"A game? So this is just a rock?" Maximus asked and Betty nodded. "I don't believe you, that's what you're saying so I don't use it to take over the universe!"

The shape shifting boy who had the stone of courage spoke, "I'll give you this stone if you give me an autograph."

"It's a deal," Maximus pulled an autographed picture out his sleeve and handed it to the boy in exchange for the stone of courage. He knew carrying those autographed pictures was a good idea, you never know when you'll find fan. "Where is the third stone?"

"The stone of wisdom is right over there," Marmo pointed to a group of little rocks. "It's one of those, but I don't know which one."

"I'll find it!" Maximus ran over to the rocks and started picking them up and looking at them one by one. He wasn't sure what he was looking for, but he thought he would know when he saw it.

"At least one of Sparky's stomachs must be full by now, let's go back." Betty and Marmo headed back to the castle. Maximus would probably be there for a long time, trying to find which of those rocks was magical. "Why did you ask for an autograph?"

"Caliza collects things that are related to you in any way, including your super villain rivals, so she'll want to have this," Marmo explained.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Planet 55: Atomic Betty Characters Manual

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of an Atomic Betty character. With the help of this user guide, you will be able to have countless hours of fun and entertainment with your Atomic Betty character.

This is a standard guide that includes information about our most requested products, additional products are available! Although we tried to sell X-5, the robot company that originally made the model holds the copyright to him and so Galactic Guardians INC. does not have him available at the moment.

First of all, please make sure the box is right side up before activating Atomic Betty. I'm sure you wouldn't like waking up to find yourself upside-down.

Now take the remote control that has been provided, point it at Atomic Betty, and press the ON button. (The remote control batteries are included!)

Atomic Betty is the easiest to deal with of our current available products, so if you plan to purchase the entire collection, we suggest you start with her.

When first activated, Atomic Betty will be in her earthling outfit. If you wish for her to wear her Galactic Guardian uniform, activate her bracelet and she will automatically change.

Warning: Do not try to take away her bracelet. Atomic Betty is programmed to be rather protective of it. Galactic Guardians INC. will not be held responsible for any property damage and or injuries that may occur to you or others as a reaction of self defense if you make Atomic Betty feel threatened.

Atomic Betty will start out at the age of twelve and will grow up at a normal human speed by default. You may program her to become younger or older using the remote control. To do this, press the age button so that it lights up, and press stop to make her stop aging, fast forward or rewind to make her grow up or become younger respectably. If you want her to continue to grow at a normal speed, press play.

Warning: If you turn Atomic Betty into a baby she will be very hyper. Make sure you have enough experience in babysitting before you attempt this.

WARNING: DO NOT let Atomic Betty interact with other Atomic Bettys for too long or she will think they are evil clones and the ultimate battle of the Betties will begin. We will not be held responsible for any damage they cause.

To end the war, press OFF and take your Atomic Betty home. When you reactivate her and she asks what happened, tell her that while she was knocked out, the evil clones were arrested and taken way by the Galactic Guardians.

If it is Minimus PU that you purchased, taking care of him will be quite easy also. Minimus PU can be slightly clumsy sometimes so he might not be as easy to take care of as Atomic Betty. However, he is extremely obedient and will not give you much trouble.

Minimus PU's age control works in the same way as Atomic Betty's age control. You will notice that there are two extra buttons on the control to switch from one face to another. Pressing them both at the same time makes his head spin around. The limited warranty will not cover the costs if Minimus PU's head falls off due to excessive spinning.

Minimus PU will require a certain amount of supervision since he is far more dependant on being told what to do than Atomic Betty. Make sure that if you're going away for the day, you leave a list of things for him to do or he will be bored and sad all day because you're not there to boss him around. It is also good to occasionally hit him on the head, but not too hard. Contrary to what it may seem, this motivates Minimus PU to work harder and he considers it a positive reinforcement.

For Sparky, you must also follow the standard procedure as done for Atomic Betty and Minimus PU, making sure the box is right side up and so on. Be warned that once he is activated, he will be hungry all the time.

Sparky has a very big appetite and can, at times, be easily upset. Like the previously discussed units, he too comes with an age control and an ON and OFF button on the remote control. Do not be surprised if you leave him at home and come back to find the refrigerator completely empty. Galactic Guardians INC. will not cover the costs of food for this or any other units.

Other than his Galactic Guardian uniform, Sparky also comes with a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and sunglasses. If you're going to the beach or to a picnic and he finds out, he will most likely want to tag alone.

Warning: Do not take Sparky to a buffet or he will eat everything and most likely get you banned from it. It is important that you do not take him to a restaurant either or he may eat too much and you'll both end up washing dishes.

WARNING: Sparky is allergic to cats. If he is exposed to the presence of a cat for too long, he will end up looking like a huge balloon due to his allergies. Galactic Guardians INC. will not be held responsible for any inconveniences that this may cause.

If you or your neighbor has an Atomic Betty, do not be surprised if Sparky disappears with her. They are off in search of their third team member X-5. A petition is in the works for Galactic Guardian INC. to buy the copyright for the X-5 model from Kai-Shin-Ba-Ra Corporation. However, if you have an X-5, although it wasn't manufactured by our company, it is compatible with all our units.

Warning: Do not leave a Sparky alone with a Maximus IQ or he will get captured and held hostage. You will require an Atomic Betty to rescue him.

Finally this promotional manual will discuss the Maximus IQ unit, which is one of the most challenging to take care of. Before ordering this product, you are required to mail in a signed consent where you agree that once you activate the unit, you are responsible for anything it may do. You may find a blank copy of the form on our website.

As an extra accessory, Maximus IQ comes with a laser gun (fully charged!), which he will most likely use to try to kill you the second you activate him. It is up to you to dodge the lasers until he gun needs to be recharged. Alternatively you may bring your Atomic Betty programmed to age 12 or older and she will protect you and disarm Maximus IQ.

Like most felines, Maximus IQ enjoys playing with balls of yarn, so make sure to supply him with a few balls of high quality yarn to keep him entertained. Having a Minimus PU around is also recommended. Otherwise, Maximus IQ might take a liking to hitting you on the head.

If you have a cat you don't have to worry. Maximus IQ gets along very well with cats. If you have a dog however, it is vital that you do not leave Maximus IQ unsupervised with your dog. If you do, one or both may be injured. Galactic Guardians INC. will not replace damaged Maximus IQ units due to exposure to dogs. We will not be held responsible for your dog's injuries nor your dog's death if Maximus IQ happens to have his laser gun at hand.

Maximus IQ is the most stubborn and disobedient of our units. It is not a manufacturing defect, that is the way he is supposed to be. If your remote control is lost, or he throws it away and you cannot deactivate him, send an Atomic Betty to stop him. If he is already on a mad rampage of destruction, consider also sending a Sparky as backup. Sending a Sparky may help the Atomic Betty deal with the situation or he may get captured and make things worse, we recommend that you use your own judgment for this decision.

If you do not have an Atomic Betty available do not sent a Sparky alone. Sending a Minimus PU will not help either. Sending a team of Beatrixo, Jim, Admiral Degill and Zulia will prove quite useful. For more information about those units consult the Atomic Betty Characters Manual Part 2 available in the summer of 2584. If you do not have any of those units available, follow these simple steps to get Maximus IQ to calm down.

Warning: You may lose your life in this process and we will not be held liable for that. These are only suggestions and it is up to you to determine if they should be followed or not.

Before you continue reading, you must know that you should not threaten to send Atomic Betty to stop Maximus IQ unless you can backup that threat, in which case you don't need these steps.

First get Maximus IQ's attention with a ball of yarn. It is recommended that you are holding a kitten while doing this. Maximus IQ will worry about hitting the kitten and will avoid shooting you.

Throw the ball of yarn so that Maximus IQ goes after it. When he tries to pick it up, scratch his ears. He will purr then complain. Keep scratching even if he insults you. He will eventually fall asleep. Take him home and let him sleep while you search for your remote control or order a replacement. (See the technical support number at the end.)

When Maximus IQ wakes up and asks about the chaos and destruction he was causing. Tell him it was a dream and offer him a glass of milk to help him fall asleep again. If needed sing a lullaby. Make sure you have a good singing voice, otherwise he will be angered and try to claw your throat off in an attempt to 'fix' your voice. Once you have a remote control, reboot by turning him OFF and ON again. After rebooting he should be -relatively- calm again.

If you decided that taking care of a Maximus IQ is too much work, before giving him as an anonymous present to your worse enemy, consider using rewind to change his age. He is much easier to take care of as a kitten. Plus he will take up less room in your closet if you decide to deactivate him and store him away.

Troubleshooting (aka the only part of the manual that people actually read because they never read it until something goes wrong).

All our products need to sleep and eat to recharge. The Sparky is the only one with an infinite appetite. Before continuing with his section, make sure your units have received an appropriate amount of food and rest. Too much or too little of either may cause them to malfunction.

"I ordered an Atomic Betty and got a Beatrixo instead."

Does she have blue eyes? If so, then yes, you got Beatrixo. Send her back and we will send you your Atomic Betty free of extra charge. We apologize for the inconvenience. If she has green ayes then the remote control's fast forward was most likely pressed against the box during the shipping process. (Batteries are included!) Press the age button then rewind and Atomic Betty will become young again.

"I can't make Sparky stop eating!"

Didn't you read the rest of the manual? He is always hungry. He digests food faster than he can eat and because of that his four stomachs are never all full at the same time.

"My friend's Maximus IQ captured my Sparky. We don't have an Atomic Betty, is there another way to rescue him?"

We recommend you read the rest of the manual, or just buy an Atomic Betty.

"My Atomic Betty and Maximus IQ or Sparky are acting strangely, as if they are in love or something."

I'm sorry to say that your units are infected with the Odd Couple Virus. Rebooting both the units involved should deactivate the virus.

Warning: Re-setting Atomic Betty's age will not solve the problem. It will only upset Maximus IQ or Sparky, who will try to restore her to the programmed age she was when the virus was activated.

If your question was not answered in this promotional manual, you may want to purchase our exclusive Step by Step Guide to the Atomic Betty Characters, a five thousand page comprehensive guide, where all your possible doubts and questions will be answered.

If you still need help after purchasing the guide, please contact our friendly technical support team at 5-ATOMIC-BETTY, for the low price of ten dollars a minute.

Characters made in Mars...

MANUAL MADE IN LYNXIA!

End of Solar System V

Disclaimer, I don't own Atomic Betty or Swat Kats. Power, courage and wisdom in Planet 54 is a reference to the Triforce from Legend of Zelda.