Other Fan Fiction ❯ Crypton Academy for Vocaloid Enhancement (クリプトンアカデミーボーカロイド用の拡張) ❯ Chapter 6: The Emergence of a True Digital Diva (真のデジタル ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6: The Emergence of a True Digital Diva
 
Miku had stumbled upon some videos of a live performer in Tokyo. She was anxious to watch them after her Monday lesson. It was a cold day. Winter was taking a long time to change into spring. It had only been two weeks since her last letter from Crypton. Her vocal classes were improving, and tomorrow she was going to have a choreography workshop with Meiko and Kaito. She was almost ready.
 
Meiko and Kaito were doing fine with their duets. They weren't pop star status, but had a loyal following, and sold out small clubs. Miku felt they deserved better, but strived to be a bigger star than her superiors.
 
In these two weeks, she had been spending more time with Rin and Len. They were a lot closer to her age, and she treated Meiko and Kaito as parent figures. It was nice to have some friends around while she learned. She usually studied alongside Len, helping him with his humanity lessons. Rin usually was there too, but eating an orange and messing with her hair rather than paying attention.
 
It was a perfect life, she admitted, but she was still excited to perform.
 
Settling down with a cup of the chef's original leek ice cream (made just for Miku), she was about to click play on the niconico clips, when there was a knock on the door.
 
“It's open!” Miku shouted, swallowing a dollop of ice cream, before turning to see Len in her doorframe. “Len-kun! What's up?” The music began to play, and Miku's focus was back on the girl. Megumi, she thought her name was.
 
“Hey, Miku. What are you watching?” Len asked, pulling up a chair beside his best friend, face to the screen.
 
“This girl Megumi. She had a concert in Tokyo the other day.”
 
“She can really dance, huh?”
 
The girl on the screen was doing perfect poppy choreography, just as cute as the song sounded. Miku nodded and looked over at Len, “Think I could dance as good as she does at my first show?”
 
“Of course, Miku-san,” Len smiled, blushing a bit, “You can do anything you put your mind to. You're a talented performer.”
 
Miku ruffled his hair, and smiled. She said nothing in return, and the room fell silent. Miku got an idea, “Len, would you and Rin come to my dance workshop with me tomorrow? I think you guys could get ahead on your studies if you start dance sooner than I did.” Len agreed and promised his attendance. Miku enjoyed that response.
 
The morning of her lesson, Len and Rin were not there when it began. Miku felt a little disappointed, thinking her best friend forgot about her. But she still focused on learning a dance.
 
“Miku,” Meiko tossed her a bottle of water, “What's your first show set list?”
 
“What?”
 
Meiko walked over and took a drink of her own bottle, “You were supposed to bring a list of songs you are going to perform so we can choreograph them, silly.”
 
Miku blushed, “Ah. Sorry, Meiko-san. I'll make one right now.”
 
Len was frustrated with his sister. She was taking forever to get out of her lesson, and he was missing Miku's choreography workshop. He never backed down on a promise before, and he wasn't about to let it happen. He tapped his foot nervously and began to knock on the door. “RIN!”
 
No answer.
 
He opened the door, and she was fast asleep. The teacher had already left. He huffed and ran down the hall, leaving his sister behind. He got to the dance lesson when it was halfway over. Miku was about to start performing the dance for her first song for her show. At least he got there in time to see her sing and dance one song. He snuck into the seats and sat beside Meiko and Kaito, who welcomed him and the former gave him a quick hug.
 
There's no end in the expansion.
Don't think about stopping it.
Our distance can't be measured, but
If it is beautiful, isn't it alright?
I don't care about the reason, just embrace me.
See how it carried into you, this entropy.
 
She was beautiful. The dance was a blend of sultry power and cute poppyness. Len was entranced. This was the first time he had seen Miku fully performing. He had seen her lay down tracks, and had even sung with her a few times, but nothing like this. This…was breathtaking.
 
He believed that when she performed, Miku had the power to control the world.
 
After a short lunch, Len was being called for. Miku was standing at the back entrance to the Academy, about to open the door, “Len! Hey!”
 
Len ran over to Miku, where she smiled, “I'm going to see what's outside. It's been too cold a winter to explore yet. You want to come with me?” He nodded, and the two slipped out the door, “So how did I do today? I almost thought you weren't coming.”
 
“Rin made me late,” Len blushed, apologizing, “But you were amazing. You're ready for the stage!”
 
“I wouldn't say that,” Miku frowned, walking down the path from the back door. The back property of the Academy was pretty much rolling hills of green with some cherry trees, but if you followed the path, you'd reach the shore. It was a nice beach. Miku sighed, “I may be ready in skill, but I'm not ready to leave the Academy.”
 
Len smiled, “You'd come back whenever you weren't performing. You aren't leaving, really.”
 
Miku laughed at his confidence in that statement, “Len. What if I get really popular? Like, more than Meiko and Kaito are. Concerts are one thing, but when I have to shoot videos? Yeah, I can shoot some here, but there are some songs that need a city setting. We don't have that here at the Academy.”
 
Len didn't know what to say. That was true, what she said. But he didn't like the idea. Not only because he's not big about traveling, but also because not having Miku around, on top of the performing Meiko and Kaito did, meant he'd be alone at the Academy with Rin on some days. Not that he didn't love his sister or she wasn't talented or fun- but she could annoy the hell out of him some days.
 
“You'll always have time back here with me,” he choked, blushed, and buried himself in his jacket.