Other Fan Fiction ❯ DOAMerc ❯ Prologue part 1 ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DOA Mercenary
This is an unofficial fanfic and therefore is not endorsed or supported by Tecmo/Team ninja (Dead or alive) or Pandemic (Mercenaries).
 
And in terms of series, it is after DOA3, to start fresh.
Prologue part 1
The world is in a state of near panic as every day the news reports show increasing concern over the state of North Korea. One or Two months ago the following headline was heard.
 
“Reports are coming in that North Korean Military forces are staging a violent coup”
 
Within 24 hours, North Korea, just coming out of the darkness thanks to President Choi Kim's attempt to repair it reputations with the world, fell back into darkness. The person behind its fall back into dictatorship was Choi Kim's son Choi Song. He and dissents of Kim's regime stormed the ceremony, which would have marked the start of a new friendship between the two sides. The South Korean president was killed and Choi Kim was presumed dead.
 
With North Korea now in Song's iron grip he ordered a blackout of his country from the rest of the world by expelling all foreign personal and aid workers. Contact was cut from the rest of the world. Diplomatic efforts failed to resolve the crisis and Press and Weapon inspectors were not allowed entry into the country. North Korea was left to its own fate. Rumours started to spread about Song's capabilities, each one grimmer than the last. And then it happened
 
“The Royal Australian Navy Intercepted a North Korean freighter today…”
 
The RAN was suspicious that the freighter was hastily scuttling their ship in the mist of a storm, upon boarding, they found out why…
 
“The UN has been alerted after a cache of nuclear weapons were found on board…”
“…They were intended to be shipped to known terrorist elements in Indonesia”
 
It got worst when Chinese intelligence showed that North Korea's Missile technology is greater than anticipated. North Korea had the power to deploy WMD's over the world via ICBM's.
 
“Troops poured across the DMZ hoping to dislodge the newly founded reign of General Song….”
“…The president reaffirmed the need for this peacekeeping mission”
 
The UN, China and South Korea tighten the noose on North Korea and destroyed the launch sites. But victory was short lived… UN weapon inspectors found that a second launch site was being prepped to launch nuclear weapons within three weeks… that would bring levels of panic to new heights and so the UN called upon the world to stake out their new “deck of 52”.
“The UN have released the latest Deck of 52”
 
The call reached Executive operations or Exops for short. A company specialising in mercenary work for both countries and private companies. They have recently held a conference with their top executives on the situation.