Other Fan Fiction ❯ DOAMerc ❯ Prologue part 2 ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DOA Mercenary
This is an unofficial fanfic and therefore is not endorsed or supported by Tecmo/Team ninja (Dead or alive) or Pandemic (Mercenaries).
 
And in terms of series, it is after DOA3, to start fresh.
Prologue part 2
Exops briefing room
Unknown location
11:30 PM
 
In a dimly lit room, a group of executives were being briefed on the situation
 
Exops chief: Can we have the lights off please? Lights off.
 
The lights go off and the presentation is displayed on the main screen titled “The Song initiative”
 
Exops chief: OK, what have you got Fiona?
 
Fiona: Thanks; well today the board is voting on the Song initiative.
 
The slide goes on to the benefits and weaknesses on this operation
 
Fiona: North Korea is a quagmire. The Allies are stuck in it and it is all because of this man.
 
The slide moves on to a profile of General Song.
 
Exops chief: Yes, we have been talking about this. Couldn't this put us in a … moral position? I mean the guy's evil he capped his father in the coup. Whoever ends up doing this ends up a hero.
 
Fiona: Maybe, but I am proposing sending 4 units in and remember.
 
The slide moves on to show a map of North Korea and the 4 main sides.
 
Fiona: North Korea is in utter chaos, we can insert our 4 units and they could level half the country and no one will know it was we.
 
The slide moves on to the deck of 52.
 
Fiona: There's more. Apart from the 1 million offered for Song. There is also a bounty for each of his high valued personal.
 
The chief notices the word “business” under the clubs suit description.
 
Exops chief: Does that say “business”
Fiona: Fraud, extortion, graft, if you call that business then it sums this group up well.
 
Fiona: But there is one problem. We don't seem to have anyone available in Exops to do such a task. Chris is in Libya still, Jennifer is in Iraq and we are still sorting out Mattias's contract out with us.
 
Exops Chief: Then if this goes ahead, what are we going to use.
 
Fiona: My secret weapon. Ninjas.
 
The slide changes to show small profiles of the four DOA ninjas. Kasumi, Hayabusha, Hayate and Ayane.
 
Exops Chief: Come on Fiona, you don't believe in that mythology nonsense do you?
 
Fiona: Would you believe it if these four fought in the tournament “Dead or alive”. They were the ones who are trying to destroy DOATEC. The company behind the “superhuman” project?
 
Exops chief: Yes I have heard about Dead or Alive. Worldwide fighting tournament, ticket sales as big as FIFA matches and FIA races. Yet it seems to be a front for weapons development.
 
Fiona: Exactly… Means that if they are keen on destroy corrupt companies like DOATEC; they are equally suited to remove dark forces like Song.
 
The slide changes to show a full profile of Kasumi. Aside its picture, it reads:
 
Name: Kasumi
Age: N/A
Nationality: Japanese
Assigning unit to: UN
 
Exiled from Clan
Peaceful
Compassionate
Prefers non-lethal force
 
Fiona: The idea is this, we insert each one into each faction, and they will be able to work closely with them so we can get Intel on the deck of 52, not to mention eliminating it.
 
Exops chief: Umm… “Exiled”, do you mean she is a traitor to her own clan?
 
Fiona: Unfortunately yes, but there was a reason. Kasumi secretly left her clan's village to enter the DOA tournament so she can avenge her brother, who was crippled by one of DOATEC's superhuman weapons. To cut a long story short, her brother, Hayate still considers her to be a traitor for violating the code even though she was doing it for her family.
 
Exops chief: So you are assigning these 4 ninjas to these assignments even though there is rivalry between them?
 
Fiona: I am hoping this assignment will mend the wounds between all 4. And I have specifically told them not to fight among each other and put their family matters behind them for this assignment. We don't want them auguring while there is a nuclear threat now do we?
 
Exops chief: Lets hope they keep their word. By the way, where did you get all this information?
 
Fiona: Lets just say I have my sources. I am assigning Kasumi to do work for the UN because I feel like she needs a break from disputes and do work for the greater good. If my history file is right, she has really had a sad life so far.
 
The slide changes to Hayabusha's profile, it reads:
 
Name: Ryu Hayabusha
Age:
Nationality: Japanese
Assigning unit to: South Korea
 
Honour bound
Loyal friend of Hayate
Very spiritual
 
Fiona: I have also heard that there is a secret war about to take place between China and South Korea. These two factions want to obtain North Korea after the UN has left. But tensions are starting to mount that could erupt while the UN are still in the area. So I propose we find out more about this and try to prevent this conflict or at the very least bring the conflict to a stalemate.
 
The slide changes to Hayate, it reads:
 
Name: Hayate
Age: 23
Nationality: Japanese
Assigning unit to: China
 
Brother of Kasumi. Half-brother of Ayane
Current leader of clan
Has a tendency to overlook morals ahead of duty.
 
Exops chief: This must be Hayate then, looks like a hardcore, and tends to overlook morals. May be a problem with Kasumi being inserted. Need I remind you Fiona that this is your responsibility, not mine. Your job may be on the line for this one.
 
Fiona: I understand. There is one more thing before I sum up.
 
The slide changes to Ayane's profile, it reads:
Name: Ayane
Age: N/A
Nationality: Japanese
Assigning unit to: Russian mafia
 
Half-sister of Kasumi.
Highly skilled Ninja
Egotistical
Known to be feminist.
 
Fiona: There have been rumours that the Russian Mafia is setting up shop in the region as well. We will need to keep a close eye on them and with Ayane's streetwise sense of fighting they won't notice a thing.
 
The slide changes to the summary
 
Fiona: To sum up, we insert our 4 ninjas into the region. Let them work with the factions on the ground to tackle the deck of 52.
 
Exops chief: Come on Fiona. The UN have never been shy with…
 
Fiona: Dealing with the Russian mafia, not with GSRN reporters about. Listen; by working closely with the factions we may be able to locate Song. Song may have gone into hiding, but if anyone knows where he is…
 
Exops chief: Its his lieutenants got it, well I know which way the board will go on this one. One question, since we are going to deploy the four ninjas into each faction. Is our first one ready?
 
Fiona: Kasumi is on board a plane bound for the DMZ soon. She is preparing herself now, but when we arrive at the DMZ, she will be ready.