Other Fan Fiction ❯ DOAMerc ❯ Into the fire ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DOA Mercenary
This is an unofficial fanfic and therefore is not endorsed or supported by Tecmo/Team ninja (Dead or alive) or Pandemic (Mercenaries).
 
And in terms of series, it is after DOA3, to start fresh.
Into the fire
DMZ, Between North and South Korea
1:00AM
 
A C-17 transport plane heads into the DMZ, on board is a young girl in her late teens with long golden brown hair and golden brown eyes. She wears a blue battle costume and her hair is done in a ponytail. She was meditating on board when Fiona contacted her via the earpiece on her right ear.
 
Fiona: Kasumi, do you read?
 
Kasumi opens her eyes, feeling revitalized after her meditation.
 
Kasumi: I'm here.
 
Fiona: I will be your support for this assignment, I will forward the orders, order equipment if needed and generally be on call when you need it, OK?
 
Kasumi: OK, I am still getting use to this earpiece.
 
Fiona: Don't worry, after a few days it will feel like it was never there in the first place.
 
Kasumi: Just like a voice in the breeze.
 
Fiona: Listen, we're getting close, you might want to grab you gear.
 
Kasumi stands up and walks over to a small open compartment containing a PDA.
 
Fiona: Have you checked out your PDA yet?
 
Kasumi: I never have used electronics before.
 
Fiona: Not tech savvy are you? Don't worry, I have made sure it is easy to use and you can leave it with us when you have finished with the assignment. OK?
 
Kasumi: OK
 
Fiona: I have hacked into every satellite and computer known, if there is something that you need to know, I will notify you.
 
Fiona: I read in your profile that you are a pacifist, so I won't issue you a rifle and grenades. Have you got everything you need?
 
Kasumi: Yes I have, my Tanto sword, a few shurikens, a few non-lethal vials with antidotes and some medical herbs.
 
Fiona: All concealed in your costume, nice.
 
C-17 pilot: This is blackbird, we are 5 meters from drop, drop zone is hot, we will be coming in low and fast.
 
Fiona: You heard the man, time to get going.
 
Kasumi approaches the cargo door and the switch by it, just as she is about to throw the switch.
 
Fiona: Kasumi, are you ready?
 
Kasumi: Of course.
 
Fiona: You know the DMZ is the most dangerous place on earth?
 
Kasumi: You don't need to worry about me; my role means a lot to many people.
 
Fiona: I am just worried about our payday, imagine it, $1 million, would you spend all that in one lifetime.
 
Kasumi: I don't fight for profit, I fight for freedom.
 
She throws the switch the lights inside the plane flash red as the cargo door opens.
 
Fiona: One more thing, I assigned three others from your clan to run similar assignments. Hayate, Hayabusha and Ayane. I told them to put aside all family disputes for the assignments. But if any problems occur… subdue only.
 
Kasumi: I wish I could go back home in open arms.
 
Fiona: Maybe you will after this.
 
Kasumi: Only the sprits decide.
 
With that she prepares to jump off the plane. She takes a deep breath before jumping into the air. She twirls in mid air before landing feet first on the floor, balancing herself so she doesn't tumble after she lands, she looks forward at the DMZ gates… and into the fire.
 
Soon after Fiona contacts her.
 
Fiona: Your primary objective is to get to the UN base; Colonel Garret will be expecting you there.
Kasumi runs to the gates and jumps over them and then runs up the road to the UN base. She stops when she finds a plane wreck.
 
Fiona: Great, they blocked off the road.
 
Kasumi expects something has gone wrong so she runs into the forest and leaps on to the tree branches, she balances herself before leaping onto the next, silently moving north pass a NK roadblock. She continues to move north until she suddenly finds a group of UN soldiers east of her. They had fallen under fire near where their helicopter has crashed by 3 NK troops who had arrived in their Surgi scout.
 
She pulls out a shuriken from her costume and took up a position in the forest where she can ambush them. She then throws the shuriken at one of the NK troops, which hit his rifle, malfunctioning it in the progress. Before they wondered what happened she jumped out from her position and landed by them.
 
NK soldier (in Korean): Kill her!
 
One of the solders took aim but had his rifle kicked out of his hands by Kasumi, the other shot at her but she rolls away from them. She then runs at them at slices right through one of the guards. Knocking him out. She then jabs one of the guards and throws him into the floor. The final guard was about to shoot from behind her but he was shot by one of the UN soldiers, falling to the floor.
 
The soldiers walk up to her, not suspecting her as a threat.
 
UN soldier 1: I don't know who you are but thanks.
 
Kasumi: You too… um… why are you away from your base?
 
UN soldier 1: NK forces ambushed the base; we were supplying troops for the defence when our helicopter was shot down. We tried to contact HQ, but communications are down.
 
Kasumi: Lets get you three back to base.
 
UN soldier 1: Thanks ma'am, I'll lead the way.
 
Kasumi and the three UN soldiers made the long run to the UN base. Along the way, Kasumi's senses kicked into overdrive. She heard explosions coming from where they are going. She shouts to the others.
 
Kasumi: Something's happening ahead of us.
 
Fiona, observing the action from one of the satellites, contacts her.
 
Fiona: I have intercepted some transmissions, seems that Jin-ho Yong, the 2 of clubs is personally leading the assault with a battalion of artillery. Looks like its time for you to become a hero.
 
Just then an artillery shell explodes besides them sending the rear soldier flying onto the floor. He sustained injury from the explosion. Kasumi and the other solders stopped and ran to the soldier.
 
UN soldier 3: Go on without me.
 
Kasumi: I can't leave you here.
 
With that she takes his hand and slowly pulls him up and holds him by his body… She looks at the others.
 
Kasumi: Go, I help you friend here.
 
UN soldier 2: Thanks ma'am.
 
The two soldiers run to the base, She then holds the wounded soldier's hands.
 
UN soldier 3: What are you going to do ma'am?
 
Kasumi: Just trust me.
 
UN soldier 3: O…OK.
 
She then closes her eyes as she teleports her and the solder to the UN base. One of the soldiers runs to her (slightly shocked by her teleport) as she takes the wounded soldier to him.
 
Kasumi: An explosion hurt your friend. I'm sorry.
 
UN medic: You don't need to be sorry; I will just take him from you and transport him to MASH when this bombardment is over.
 
Handing the soldier to him.
 
UN soldier 3: Thanks ma'am.
 
She smiles to him before looking at the medic again.
 
Kasumi: Do you know where Colonel Garret is?
 
UN medic: He is inside miss.
 
With that she runs to the HQ and enters.