Other Fan Fiction ❯ Escalated ❯ Plan B is worse ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Plan B is worse
Outside the Madrien club
 
Kasumi teleports alongside Leifang and Jann lee outside the Madrien club. Kasumi feels tired.
 
Leifang: I knew you could do it, Kasumi.
 
Kasumi: …Thanks
 
Leifang: What's wrong?
 
Jann Lee: The teleporting must have taken a lot out of her. She needs rest.
 
Leifang: Kasumi… we still need you to stop that catburgler. You can't rest now.
 
Kasumi: I'll be fine.
 
Jann Lee: We must get inside and tell Zhou Jen the truth.
 
Leifang nods, for once they are working as a team.
 
Leifang: Stay right there, Kasumi. We will be back before you know it!
 
Jann Lee and Leifang enter the club, which is still closed. (Jann Lee had a key so he could get inside, being one of Zhou Jen's trusted workers). Upon entering they here someone speaking…Leifang and Jann Lee overhear the conversation coming from the main bar.
 
Zhou Jen: I will not be blackmailed to fire one of my most respected staff members, even if he had been acting strange within the last 24 hours.
 
Romera: Oh, but you have no choice…
 
Romera pulls out from her pocket a small pendulum and begins to swing it over Zhou Jen's eyes.
 
Romera: You are getting sleepy… you are feeling very tired…
 
Outside the bar, Jann Lee and Leifang knew what was happening.
 
Leifang: We got to stop her.
 
Jann lee takes a position outside the door
 
Jann Lee: Stand back!
 
Jann Lee smashes the door and runs in, Leifang following in behind. Romera turns around and then stands up.
 
Romera: You two again! That is the second time interrupted my plans.
 
Leifang: What do we get if we interrupt again?
 
Romera: There won't be a third time Leifang.
 
Romera takes a fighting stance, Jann Lee and Leifang does the same. Romera begins by charging at Leifang, however she is tripped over by Jann Lee. Jann Lee picks her up…
 
Jann Lee: This was for manipulating me!
 
He throws her into a table. Romera stands up starts to attack Jann Lee. Jann Lee blocks them putting both into a standoff. As she was about to attack again Leifang ambushes her. Romera gets turned and then punched in the face.
 
Leifang: And that was for hurting me and damaging my house!
 
Romera stands up. And walks away from them till she reaches the door. She turns around.
 
Romera: Fine, you win! I was going to hypnotize your boss and make him think Jann Lee was lying. I returned the Golden Lotus to its safe. But, cross me again and you will regret it!
She throws a smoke bomb at them and escapes.
 
Leifang: Well at least she knew when she lost.
 
Zhou Jen stands up and walks to up to them
 
Zhou Jen: So it wasn't Leifang after all then. You made me scarred back then Jann Lee.
 
He pats Jann Lee
 
Zhou Jen: Well, means you did save the club, and your reputation. I will double your pay. And as for you Leifang…
 
Leifang looks at him, slightly worried
 
Zhou Jen: Maybe I should offer you VIP membership; after all you did save my friend here.
 
Leifang: Hmm…
 
Leifang suddenly remembers about Kasumi
 
Leifang: Hold that thought for just a second.
 
She runs out to find Kasumi, Kasumi was gone but not before leaving a note. Written on an old sheet of paper, and a slightly worn pen. The message reads:
 
“Leifang, Jann Lee
 
You may not know it yet, but you helped me realise I could still help people in trouble, though I will still be on the run, I have high hopes. I will stop by and pick up my clothes form your house, then go.
 
Farewell”
 
With that Leifang pockets the note then returns inside the club.