Other Fan Fiction ❯ Finding A Home ❯ Finding A Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary: Not much to say just a little something but I put together.
 
 
Finding A Home
 
 
By
 
Linden Lorien
 
 
 
She walked in to the kennel slightly looking at the other dogs, something was different about this one and I could not place it. She stopped in front of my cage I was able to see what was so different about her. It was in her eyes they had a penetrating longing for a friend and the promise of loving care for the one who could fill that void. She left not long after she that and I curled up on the hard cement floor watching as my cage mate jumped around trying to get humans attention. I knew it would be no for me to do that I had seen the cruelness of the race taking care of me.
 
 
I had barely opened my eyes when saw them beat my mother to death, the drowning of my siblings in water trying to do the say with me, and then set off, what latter I learn to be called fireworks, around me. All of that had left me half deaf but my sight was still fine for the time being. That had left me scared for life yet when I saw that girl I had felt hope returning something that had not happened sense the mother cat and taken me under her paw. I heard the door open at the end of the hall again so I stood in front of the gate watching as the same girl appeared again only this time she had an older women standing next to her.
 
 
She stopped in front of my cage again. This time as we looked at each other it was then that we both say that we had found what we where looking for: her a friend and me a human I could trust with out regret. She pointed at me saying firmly to the female standing next to her, “Mommy that's the dog I want.” The moment I heard the girl speak I could tell that she was not going to leave this place without know that I would be coming home with her.
 
 
I was taken out of the cage followed by the girl, her mother, another youngish female, and a tall man but I was not afraid of him. They let me out into the running area, I had been there a few times before, this time I knew I was going home with then but when I was put back the cage I was not so sure anymore. But as they left I saw the girl look back at me smiling happily her eyes no longer fully of sadness and I know that from that day on I would be her guardian while she would be my friend.