Other Fan Fiction ❯ Frankie & Johnny: A Love Affair for the Ages ❯ Loving ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Six months had past since that fateful day in the park when Frank met Johnny and the world became beautiful and new. He couldn't quite explain how it had happened, or really quite why. There was just something about the way Johnny's eyes sparkled when he laughed, how the sun seemed to kiss his skin and never leave a freckle, how even when he was tired and sore from a day of saving the world, he could brush it all off in order to lie down next the the Punisher, lie beneath him and make him feel like the king of the world. For the first time since Maria breathed her last in that very same park, Frank felt whole.

He had to make it official, there was no way around it. But making it official meant telling the world, and while Johnny Storm was content to let Frank Castle touch him and kiss him in the privacy of the infamous windowless van, declaring his love for everyone to see and discuss was another thing all together.

"I just don't know if I'm ready," Johnny sighed, reaching up to tenderly wipe the sweat from Frank's brow, blue eyes flickering in the dim overhead light. "I love you, but..."

"But you're ashamed of me. Is that it? Is that what you're trying to say Johnny? That you're ashamed of what we do together?" Frank couldn't hide the hurt in his expression or voice. He turned away from his lover, breathing in dramatically, biting his lip to keep it from quaking. "Are you ashamed of us?"

"No, darling, no," Johnny insisted, caressing Frank's cheek, running his fingers over the familiar perma-stubble, shifting his body beneath the other man's so he could look him in the eye again. "I'm not ashamed of us. I never have been, and I never will be. You're my world. My whole world, Frank."

Frank kept his gaze averted, studying the metal van door as best he could, or making a valiant attempt to appear to be doing such. "Then what is it? Why do we have to keep hiding our love?"

"Because..." Johnny didn't have an answer, though he fumbled for a moment to come up with one. The truth was, he was afraid. Being a notoriously social creature, he craved for acceptance. It was essentially all he lived for. The thought of being cast out, rejected, simply because of who he loved tore him up inside. He couldn't chose between Frank and his social status, he simply couldn't.

"That isn't good enough, Johnny."

Johnny flailed in protest as Frank rolled off of him, pulling on his pants and tossing a dirty rag onto Johnny's belly. The van seemed suddenly cold without Frank so close, and Johnny shivered in compensation instead of raising his temperature as he normally would. He didn't get up either, he just stayed flat of his back in the rear of the van, watching Frank finish dressing, listening to him mutter to himself about being stupid, about never again getting tangled up with some hotshot.

"I told my sister."

Frank nearly jumped a foot in the air, just about hitting his head on the roof of the vehicle, turning to stare the other man in the eyes, searching for a sign that he was lying. Johnny looked strangely honest. Frank raised an eyebrow, still quite uncertain, "Oh yeah? How'd she take that?"

He propped himself up of his elbows, grinning wryly, "Well, she asked me if I'd suffered another head injury, then she screamed at me for twenty minutes."
"Success then?"

Johnny snorted softly, sitting up fully this time. "I suppose. If you call Sue barricading herself in her bedroom and telling me I'm a disgrace to the family a success..."

There was a hint of sadness in Johnny's eyes that damn near broke Castle's heart. Made him just want to scoop the kid up and fuck the bejeezus out of him. Heartbreaking expression, really. "Aw, babydoll. I'm real sorry she took it so bad...I never wanted to mess things up with you and Sue."

"It's okay, it's alright," Johnny tugged his teeshirt back over his head, "She wants to meet you. Dinner of Saturday, a double date with Reed."
Frank coughed and choked, almost smacking his head again as he did a genuine double-take. "Johnny, I don't know. That seems like it could be a really shitty idea..."

"No worries, darling! It'll be fine. Ben's gonna babysit and everything. It'll be just the four of us at this swanky, really private Italian place. You like Italian, right?"

He had to admit it, he did like Italian food. And he'd do anything to make his man happy. Frank sighed, and smiled broadly, leaning in to plant a firm kiss of Johnny's cheek, imagination running wild about the possibilities for Saturday night. He needed to dress to impress. He'd have to iron his teeshirt!