Other Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story... ❯ You Die... You loose ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a story based on a dream I had a long time ago. The characters may have switched around, but it's still the same dream… But you may also call it a wish. (The first 2 chapters in the story are boring >_< But after the 3rd it gets exiting)
 
*Note: I make up my character designs, how they dress, what they look like… And so on. Almost all of the people are real in this story. And a lot of them are my dearest friends. I hope they find this story fun and exiting. This is for you guys! (I don't make up the names… I took them from my friends. Bwahahah… Except Chii.... Cause that's my name)
 
COPYRIGHTS: Maple Story is Wizet's! NO STEAL! And this story idea is mine! NO STEAL!
 
Chapter 2: You Die… You Loose…
 
IMPORTANT NOTE: I forgot to explain something earlier. All of the characters on this story have VERTUAL REALITY HELMETS while playing the game. So its still just a fun game everyone wants to play.
 
***********
 
Blood, sweat, and guts… That's what it takes to train. People usually get lazy or bored training so much… I try not to be too lazy when I'm training… But it's hard when your friends won't talk to you when you need them the most. Or when you just need someone to talk to…
 
**********
 
“Making a sad face, showing pain… With today's song I just want to hold back my feelings that are increasing… From the day I heard your voice colors sprouted up in my life…
 
With trivial misunderstandings, and a misunderstood heart… I just want to hold back my feelings that are coming apart… Even if I'm still tying the memories held deep in my heart…
 
When I lost my spirit you came to me with extended hands… Holding me tightly… I never wanted you to let me go…”
 
Chii stopped singing and looked up at the sky. Today it looked so empty and big… It made her feel even lonelier… She had friends… But they were way to busy for her right now. She was sitting on a bench all alone in Orbis…
 
“I cant believe everyone is to busy to talk right now… When I'm to busy to talk to them they don't get depressed like I do… What's wrong with me? I shouldn't get depressed like this, I know… But it's just so hard… I don't want to move… I feel like I just want to wait here until one of my friend's realizes that I'm sulking to come talk to me… THAT'S SO SELFISH…I need to stop abusing myself…”
 
Chii got up and started to run. She didn't know where she was going… But she didn't stop. She kept running and running until she found herself in front of the Jr. Grupin training entrance… “That's it!” She thought, “I'll just train to get my mind off of being ignored!”
 
It wasn't as easy as Chii thought… There were KSers at every corner… And she kept getting surprise attacks from monsters… But she didn't give up… She had herds of pixies chasing her with their wands, the Jr Grupins calling their mothers… And almost fell off the side of Orbis 10 times. It was kind of hard not to give up! But she kept fighting on… Because she remembered her promise to her brother… She was all she had.
 
While she was training hard she ran into a lot of different people chatting on the way… And she heard a disturbing rumor while eavesdropping on one conversation… Two mages were talking in a corner. And they were gravely quiet. But Chii could still hear them…
 
“Eyy… Did you hear about the rumor…? When you die on this game at anytime… You don't return back to the closest town… You mind kinda disappears inside the computer…?”
 
“Yeah… I heard about it… It's true you know… I heard a girl that lives close to me was playing this game and she accidentally died while trying to take on Balrog… She disappeared and her body just shut down while playing… Her parents found her that night… She's in the hospital but she hasn't wakened up yet. It's all over the news.”
 
“That's scary… We should stay in the towns and not train just in case…”
 
Chii shivered.
 
“That is kind of scary… I wonder if it is true…!”
 
She brushed it off her mind. And continued training…
 
****
 
An unusually large Jr. Grupin was charging at Chii. She was running away until she found the right moment to attack…
 
“I have to turn around soon and attack it! Or else I'm going to take a full blow…”
 
Chii spun around…A little too late… The Grupin charged at her, Chii dodged the full on attack, but her hand was badly cut across her palm by the bright orange horn on the kitty's forehead. The Grupin roared and turned to make another attack…Chii flinched at the pain and looked down at her hand, blood was slowly gushing out and dripping onto the floor… She clutched her dagger with her other hand and stabbed the Grupin's left eye, just when it got close enough…The kitty moaned and collapsed, and the corpse faded away and was replaced by Mesos and bright orange horn, Chii fell hard on her knees, and was staring at the wound on her hand.
 
“DAMMIT! With this I can't train anymore! A simple pot won't cure a wound from a Grupin!” She closed her eyes painfully, “Why do I always mess up?”
 
A hand grabbed her wounded hand, Chii looked up, and saw a warrior with curly blonde hair examining her wound…
 
“Chio!”
 
And here we meet another one of Chii's best friends… Chio was probably the most big-brotherish friend Chii had. He scolded her if she did something wrong, and helped her when she needed help. He had plated blue armor on with a blue helmet on with chained protection hanging around the edges. He had bright, hazel eyes that could see right through you…
 
Chio took out a white cloth and started unrolling it, he ripped of about 1 1\2 feet long and started wrapping it around Chii's hand.
 
“You really shouldn't be training on those if they hurt you like this…” Chio said.
 
“Well the one that did that was kind of stupidly humongous for its size and it was a surprise attack. I didn't know…” Chii said softly.
 
Chio finished up bandaging up her hand and got up.
 
“We should go back to Orbis… John and Thuy are waiting for you.”
 
“Wha? There waiting for me?! But they were way to busy to even talk to me!” Chii exclaimed
 
“Well… I think they know when their friend is lonely…” Chio smiled at her. Chii smiled back.
 
“Yeah! Your right.”
 
*********
 
“John! Thuy!” Chii ran up to them, John and Thuy both turned around
 
“Chii! Thank god we were worrying about you!”
 
“Yeah. Today you were quiet… Usually we can't get you to shut up!”
 
“Ha-ha very funny John.”
 
Chii didn't care if they were making fun of her. She was just glad that all of her best friends were there talking to her. She smiled to herself.
 
John looked around and asked, “Do you guys want to go train together or something?”
 
Chii looked down at her hand. “Uhh… John…” She showed him her hand. Her blood was slowly bleeding through the bandage. John's eyes widened and he stared at Chii.
 
“How did you get that?”
 
“Well… I was training and I got attacked by this Grupin on steroids.” Chii sighed.
 
Thuy's eyes glistened and she reached in her pocket. She pulled out a small bottle of glittering purple liquid.
 
“This is a special potion Lisa made. It can cure any wound. I don't need it so you can have it. It's really rare so…” Thuy handed it to her. Chii just stared at it.
 
“Thuy are you sure? It's too rare… I can't take it...”
 
“It's ok, really! If I still wanted it I wouldn't have given it to you.”
 
Chii nodded. She unscrewed the cap on the small bottle and poured a drop on her wounded hand. The blood on the bandage seemed to sink into her hand. She un-wrapped the bandage; and her hand was fine. Only a thin white line appeared where the wound was.
 
“Wow… Thank you so much Thuy! I'll save it for when we need it!” Chii smiled and put it in her pocket.
 
“Really, not a problem!” Thuy said and smiled back.
 
Chio looked at the ground, “Guys… I don't think we should train right now…”
 
John, Thuy, and Chii looked at him.
 
“Why?” John asked.
 
“Its cause… Have you heard the rumors about when you die yet…?”
 
Chii flashed back to the conversation with the mages.
 
“I have… Chio you actually believe that rumor?”
 
Chio looked up at her.
 
“It's true. My friend died next to me accidentally while we were training I went into town to get him; but he wasn't there…”
 
“He probably logged out Chio…” John said.
 
“No he didn't. I tried logging out. I couldn't…”
 
“Ha-ha… Right… Look, I'm going to log out right now and I can do it… Be right back…” John stepped back; a blue and purple light flashed around him.
 
When the light disappeared, he was still there.
 
“Huh…?” John tried logging out again and again, but he couldn't.
 
“See… I told you.” Chio sighed.
 
Thuy looked scared…
 
“Wait… But what about our bodies in the real world? Don't we need our minds to eat and sleep and drink?”
 
“I bet the GM's are working on it…” Chii said, “This is important. I bet they noticed by now right? There probably going to fix it in an hour.”
 
“Yeah… But now I don't want to train anymore… Because were going to risk dying.” John sighed. “Cause if we really do disappear… I wonder where our minds go when we die…”
 
Chii's eyes turned white…
 
The blue skies of Orbis suddenly turned pitch black, and the ground started shaking violently, the 4 friends fell to the ground, they heard a low rumble… And got louder with every passing second…
 
“What is that?!” Thuy yelled,
 
In the distance they could hear screams of people, screams that were struck by fear like no other…
 
“INVASION OF THE MONSTERS! ITS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!”
 
*~Next Chapter Preview: Chii and her friends are trying to defend themselves from the most powerful monsters ever seen on MapleStory. But that's going to be hard when your tons of levels below these monsters, and when all of your potions disappear!