Other Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story... ❯ Chapter 3: A Mystery.. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
This is a story based on a dream I had a long time ago. The characters may have switched around, but it's still the same dream… But you may also call it a wish. (The first 2 chapters in the story are boring >_< But after the 3rd it gets exiting)
 
*Note: I make up my character designs, how they dress, what they look like… And so on. Almost all of the people are real in this story. And a lot of them are my dearest friends. I hope they find this story fun and exiting. This is for you guys! (I don't make up the names… I took them from my friends. Bwahahah… Except Chii.... Cause that's my name)
 
COPYRIGHTS: Maple Story is Wizet's! NO STEAL! And this story idea is mine! NO STEAL!
 
Chapter 3: A Mystery…
 
 
*****
 
I remember the first time I met John…
 
May, one of my old friends, we were both talking in Perion together. She had just told me she had a boyfriend… I couldn't believe it. May was had to please… Its kinda hard thinking of May going out… I wanted to meet the boy that she was talking about… To see how good he was for her… She invited us both into a chat room, when I first saw John I only thought one thing…
 
“That boy has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen in my life…”
 
*****
 
“INVASION OF THE MONSTERS! ITS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!”
 
The screams in Orbis seemed petrified. And yet they sounded like they wanted to die… As if they didn't want to deal with the fear they were about to encounter…
 
Chii got up and looked around, people were running in all directions, running away from one thing that was sanding in the central part of Orbis, snarling and showing his gleaming dagger-like teeth…
 
“A…Balrog…?”
 
It didn't look like an ordinary Balrog though… It was surrounded by white objects floating and swirling around, it had fresh blood on its black deformed paws that were clawing the ground as if searching for something, his ruby red eyes were glistening with hate and bloodlust, wings extended out crushing all buildings in their way, the Balrog scanned the area, and gazed straight at Chii and her friends, still sprawled on the ground… As any normal person would feel, Chii had a feeling that the Balrog was going to come straight toward her and her friends and rip them limb from limb…
 
“YOU GUYS… GET UP!! THERES…”
 
“WE SEE IT CHII!” Chio yelled
 
“WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW?!” Thuy looked like she was going to faint at the spot,
 
“I DON'T KNOW, AND I DONT CARE RIGHT NOW!” John screamed, “ALL I WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW IS RUN!”
 
The Balrog howled out something unknown to the sky, and started charging towards them, the four friends started to run,
 
“Where are we going to go?!” Thuy hysterically said,
 
Where were they going to go…? Chii thought about it, it was hard to think hard while running away from a humongous beast trying to rip you apart, or blast you apart.
 
 
 
Chii looked back at the beast, the Balrog extended its palm towards her and her friends and shot out a pitch dark screeching bolt of energy, hurling at them.
 
“OH MY GOD!” her friends sensed the energy, and ducked, the energy bolt missed them by an inch, and the friends continued running away. The Balrog screeched with anger.
 
“Oh… Were going to die!”
 
“No were not Thuy!”
 
“Then where are we going to hide?!?!”
 
“… The Orbis Tower!” Chii pointed to the entrance, a big stone tower stood a fair distance away from them, a sad angel statue guarded the entrance, “That leads to Aqua World right?! I think we'll be safe there!” The Balrog sent another bolt of dark energy at them.
“HURRY!”
 
The friends sprinted as fast as their bodies could sprint, Chii almost tripped on an extended brick over the road, but John noticed and caught her arm before she fell all the way…
 
“Thank you…”
 
“Not now…”
 
They all scrambled into the tower, Chio heaved the door shut when they were all inside, the friends all started going down the ladder while the bolt blasted through the door. It blew up the door, and sent wood and stone flying every direction.
 
“CHII GET OUT OF THE WAY!” Chii turned around and saw her friends huddled under an arch in the corner, out of the way of the powerful blast headed right towards her. Chii turned back, and saw a big chunk of wood fly right towards her head, it hit her full-on, and she fell to the ground, “Ohh…” she heard someone calling out her name, and she passed out.
 
*******
 
“Bro… Where are you…?” I was running through a black nothingness, trying to find my Brother…. “Oh no… Please don't let me be to late…!” I ran to the doors of Jr. Balrog, The doors were shut. I tried opening the metal and stone doors but they were too heavy for me. “HE'S MY BROTER! I CANT LET HIM DIE! HE'S MY BROTHER!!! LET ME IN!!” I banged on the doors, and slid on the ground. “He's my brother… He was calling me for help… And he counted on me… I looked at the guardian to the entrance I had viciously killed to get here; it still had its spear it used to try to stab me… I grabbed it…It was heavy, but I could still pick it up… I jammed it between the doors planning to pry it open. Instead I blasted through the doors. I didn't care. I ran inside… And found my brother sprawled face-side on the floor. “BROTHER!” I ran and kneeled next to him, I carefully turned over his body… There was a gash above his left eyebrow with blood running down his face, his hands were cut up badly, and across his chest there was a deep wound with the blood staining his clothes. I found his wand next to him, and his mage hat on the other side of the cave. I started shaking him lightly. “Brother… brother… Brandon! It's me… Your sister… Chii!” Bro opened his green eyes halfway, and looked up at me…
 
“Sis… I killed Jr. Balrog… I bet I'm the first level 38 person to do that… Heh…” He smiled. I smiled sadly, and held his hand in mine. It was cold and limp…
 
“I guess… I need to start over now…” Bro said softly.
 
“Bro… You'll remember me right…?” My eyes swelled up with tears.
 
“Of course… you're my sister…” I could see his hand fading away in mine…
 
“Chii… Remember…Don't be afraid to show your feelings...”
 
I looked at him. He was smiling at me; his body was fading away…
 
“'Cause you seen to bottle up your feelings to much… Chii… I just don't want you to regret anything you want to say…”
 
Gone… I hate that word. He was going away. He was telling me this because he was going to be out of my life; for who knows how long… probably forever…
 
“Bro… I love you….” My hands went through his…
 
He was disappearing…
 
“I love you to…”
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
*******
 
“No… Brother… Don't go… Don't leave me!!”
 
“Chii!!”
 
Chii franticly opened her eyes. She was in a candle lighted room with herbs everywhere. She tightened her hands; Chii felt bed sheets around her. She looked to her side, and saw her friends staring at her on the side of the bed she was laying on. John was kneeling down with his hands on the bed. Chio, Thuy, and an old looking woman were standing right next to him.
 
“Chii… You're sweating like crazy!” John exclaimed.
 
“What happened? You were screaming about your brother all of the sudden…” Thuy looked worried. Everyone looked worried.
 
Chii sat up, “I'm fine. I'm fine… Really…”
 
“Chii… You're crying…” Chio said softly. Chii touched her cheek. She felt a teardrop. She closed hey eyes tightly. She felt more teardrops roll down her face.
“I… I don't want to talk about it…” Chii wiped the tears off her face with her sleeve. “Bottling up my feelings… Bro's right… I do bottle up my feelings.” Chii looked around the room she was in.
 
“Where are we…?” Her friends looked at each other.
 
“We don't exactly know ourselves Chii…” Thuy said.
 
“Perhaps I can tell you… And tell you everything else also.”
 
Chii looked at the old woman standing next to her friends. She had wiry white hair and had a black shawl draped over her with a purple dress underneath. She wore moon spectacles over the thin brown eyes she had.
 
“I'm sorry I may sound rude but… Who are you?” The old lady smiled at Chii.
 
“I am the only person that knows the whole entire truth and history behind Maple Story.”
 
Chii and her friends stared at her.
 
“What history would be behind Maple Story? It's just a game… Right?”
 
“I know what you're thinking right now children…” The old woman closed her eyes. “Would you like to know the truth behind this `game'…?”
 
Chii and her friends looked at each other. “I would…” Chii said.
 
“Me too...” Thuy softly said.
 
“Yep.” Chio nodded.
 
“I would too.” John said.
 
The old woman nodded.
 
“This begins a long time ago. About 20,000 years… The whole entire world was split in half. One side was the Lust side, the other Hate. These two sides fought one another. It was the most vicious war in the world; it seemed it would not stop until every person was slain.”
 
“But why did it start?” Chii interrupted
“I was just getting to that.” The old woman replied. “They were fighting over no reason. They were fighting because the world then had one emotion. They had no mercy when they killed a member of the opposite force, and when they were about to die, they didn't have any fear. The world then was cruel. Often mothers sold their children as slaves for money. And they were beaten by their new owners…”
 
“What does this have to do with Maple Story…?” John asked.
 
“No emotion? Is that possible?” Thuy's eyes widened.
 
“This sounds like more of a fairy tale instead of hardcore history.” Chio sighed.
 
 
The old woman sighed, “Teenagers… They always want to know every little detail instead of the full on story. No more interruptions!”
 
Everyone became quiet.
 
“Now… This war was called the emotion war, because this is when all emotion started…”
 
“Wait. I thought there was no emotion…”
 
“NO MORE INTURRUPTIONS… As I was saying, with all of this hate and lust in the world there was only one boy that was born during this time; that had very emotion of the world stored inside of him. He could feel extreme sadness, extreme love, and extreme happiness… He was part of the Lust side of the world.
 
Now… The hate side of the world was constructing a powerful weapon that would be used to destroy the other side of the earth. They knew it would knock them out of orbit with the sun, since it was to powerful, but they only felt only hate for the Lust side of the earth. To make it work they needed a very powerful emotion. Since emotion is the most powerful thing on the face of the earth…
 
The Hate side heard of this boy on the Lust side… Surely his emotion would make their weapon work. They sent spies to the lust side, and captured the boy. When they sacrificed him to the weapon… The weapon did something else that the hate side did not plan. Instead of shooting themselves to pieces, the weapon shot out emotion instead. No one knows how the weapon did this, but it still did. So the world suddenly rushed with affection and sadness and joy. That's how you have the emotions you have now. There not as powerful as the boy's… But there still emotion. The hate and lust you have is left over from the war.”
 
The friends looked at each other. It didn't seem logical. And it seemed confusing. But they didn't dare to interrupt.
 
“The people, now united with feelings; wrote down their history in 3 books, and stored it in a Maple Tree. Years later the great Aztecs found it, and made up a game dealing with the story. When England attacked and raided the Aztecs, they took the books with them. This was traded to Asia, until they got traded to now what we now call South Korea... There the books were made into a computer software game called Maple Story. Each person of the war at the time wrote down their names and an artist drew a portrait of themselves. This is why you all have different looking characters… All of the towns here are based on cities that were in the world when it was split into two. Now I will explain why when you die, you won't return into the towns.”
 
The group nodded.
 
“Now… When the emotion ray shot the world there was some demons on the hate side unaffected. They secretly put their souls into the books waiting the day someone would remake them. Wizet has seemed to do that nicely. So the past years that Maple Story was out these demons seemed to be making another weapon that would blast the world apart. They know the war is over. But hate has consumed their body and mind. So they plan to destroy the game with everyone's minds still in the game. Problem is… They need that boy again. They messed up the last weapon. But they are sure it will destroy the game this time. They have somehow managed to destroy the game's system. Keeping everyone that logs on kept on. And trying to kill everyone on the game and enclose their mind. Wizet was foolish enough to program the boy's character, plus the emotions and feelings he felt during the war. I have searched everywhere for this boy's character for a long time. And I may have found him…”
 
The friends looked at each other with wide eyes.
 
“Where? Where is he?”
 
The old woman pointed to John…
 
“HUH?! ME!?” John shot up, “No, it can't be me! C'mon! That's wayyyy to special! I'm a normal kid!”
 
“It's the character you were made with, boy!” said the old woman. “The boy in the war had the bluest eyes in the world. You have the most shocking blue eyes I had ever seen in this game… No… My life! And my life is old boy… Because I'm the books themselves… ”
 
John fell to the floor. “There looking for me? I'm the cause of this…?”
 
“Your character boy, not yourself… Be careful.” said the old woman. “When the boy felt extreme hate… He would turn into a weapon powerful enough to blast the solar system apart.” John looked up at her.
 
“What…?”
 
“You may stay here for protection. Outside is dangerous right now…” The old woman grabbed a staff next to her, and started hobbling out the door.
 
“Wait! We didn't get your name Miss…” Chii called out.
 
“I am Magrashi. A healer, storyteller, and spell caster.” She hobbled out the door. And left the friends alone in the room.
 
~* Next Chapter Preview: Chii and the gang have no choice but to stay at the old ladies house for protection. Lady Magrashi said if they wonder off far that they're going to be captured… Hatred's side has spies everywhere now… Is John's character really the infamous boy Lady Magrashi was talking about?