Other Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story... ❯ Chapter 4: Feelings... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a story based on a dream I had a long time ago. The characters may have switched around, but it's still the same dream… But you may also call it a wish. (The first 2 chapters in the story are boring >_< But after the 3rd it gets exiting)
 
*Note: I make up my character designs, how they dress, what they look like… And so on. Almost all of the people are real in this story. And a lot of them are my dearest friends. I hope they find this story fun and exiting. This is for you guys! (I don't make up the names… I took them from my friends. Bwahahah… Except Chii.... Cause that's my name)
 
COPYRIGHTS: Maple Story is Wizet's! NO STEAL! And this story idea is mine! NO STEAL!
 
Note: I just watched Phantom of the Opera LIVE. OH my god the affects were AWESOME. If any of you ever go to Las Vegas GO SEE THE SHOW PHANTOM AT THE VENETIAN. Now I'm in the romantic mood @_@
 
********
 
“You may stay here for protection. Outside is dangerous right now…” The old woman grabbed a staff next to her, and started hobbling out the door.
 
“Wait! We didn't get your name Miss…” Chii called out.
 
“I am Magrashi. A healer, storyteller, and spell caster.” She hobbled out the door, and left the friends alone in the room.
 
Everyone didn't talk that night. John stayed on the floor, and stared at his hands, Chio was looking out the window on the side of the bed, and Thuy was just staring at the wall.
 
“Did this really happen…? An emotion war…? And...” Chii looked down at John. His head was hunched over, so she couldn't see how he was feeling. If his character is the boy she was talking about… I wonder if his feelings that he felt during the war can affect John? …
 
John…
 
*************
 
Thuy yawned and went downstairs of Lady Magrashi's home; she saw Chii and Magrashi cooking breakfast.
 
“Huh…? This is a game… Can we eat breakfast?”
 
“Yes… The good thing about this glitch is that you can eat here; and your real body in the real world will get the nutrition.”
 
Thuy looked confused. But she didn't say anything else. She started to help make breakfast with Chii and Magrashi.
 
Eventually everyone came down; slowly and sorrowfully. There was a long rectangle shaped table stretching all the way through the kitchen to halfway across the room across. Everyone stayed at the left edge of the table. Chii and Thuy brought the food down and set it down on the table. Lady Magrashi came and sat down with everyone else. Everyone started eating silently. John was just poking his food with his fork.
 
“Uhhm… Lady Magrashi..?” Chii said softly. Lady Magrashi looked at Chii.
 
“Yes?”
 
“I have some questions I've been thinking about…” The old woman nodded.
 
“Is this place secret? Where is it located?”
 
“This place is secret. It is only known to the people in this room. It is located in El Nath.”
 
“How did we get here?”
 
“I found your friends near the tower. There was a blizzard and you were unconscious. If you stayed out there you would be dead right now.”
 
“When you said you were the books… In the story you told us about…What did you mean?”
 
“Wizet literally programmed the book into the game. They broke it down into pixels and downloaded all the information on it. They had to put the information into one place for later use. So they programmed me to hold all of it. But they had forgotten the true meaning of Maple Story and made it a happy game for kids.”
 
“So our characters were real people in the war? Can you identify our characters?”
 
“Yes… John over there, I think is the boy that started emotion, a very important key, Chio over there, was a young boy trained to be a warrior from the Lust side. Thuy was the best woman that could shoot a bow from the Lust side. And you were a very fast silent killer from the hate side…”
 
Chii and her friends looked at each other. John had his head down.
 
“Can we feel the emotion that the real people, that were these characters, felt in the war?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“Can you please describe the boy in the war?”
 
“Oh… Yes. He was the nicest person at the time. If someone was in need he would try to help them as much as he could. He had a spirit as pure as the fallen snow… I can easily see that in all four of you though…”
 
“Why are they capturing everyone? How are they going to figure out who the boy's character is?”
 
The old woman sighed “Soul Balrog's blood. When people die on this game they are transferred to where the weapon is built. They end up in cages like animals. Then they are forced out; and they have a vile of Soul Balrog's blood injected into them. If there character is the boy's, they would be unaffected, if it isn't… Their mind shuts down forever. The soul Balrog was the thing that attacked you in Orbis”
 
Everyone stared at Lady Magrashi.
 
“… Are we the last Mapler's still alive here?”
 
“The last few… Yes…”
 
Everyone was silent after that. And they ate quietly.
 
************
 
The first day at Lady Magrashi's house passed quietly. As if a dark cloud was looming over everyone. After a while it got exiting. Like as if they were one big family. Even John lightened up. They didn't forget that they were hiding from guys probably trying to kill them. But they tried to make the best of the time they had. Everyone had so much fun. Chii wanted it to stay that way forever…
 
Her favorite part was learning magik. Lady Magrashi taught everyone magik that could help them. She taught them how to increase their strength while fighting, and how to control their magik power better. Lady Magrashi also taught John how to control his emotion. So if they did happen to capture us he could control it so the weapon wouldn't be as powerful. Chii watched as she trained John. She loved to see him try to shut down his mind. She tried. It was hard to clear your mind of every thought…
(Magik is actually spelled with a K. Not a C.)
**********************
 
She thought of the war. Were people really like that? Killing because they only had one emotion? She thought of the war going on right now. Sooner or later someone was going to find them; right? She was afraid of one of her friends dying. She couldn't handle another death.
 
Like Brother…
 
**********
 
That night after dinner, she went outside. She remembered that Lady Magrashi warned her not to go far… She thought about a lot of things. It just made her more depressed. She looked out at the view.
 
Lady Magrashi's house was located on a cliff. It had a view of a green forest covered in snow. And the stars seemed to shine brighter here. It was a full moon too… She sat down on a mound of snow, and stared at the forest. The snow looked so pretty shining on the moonlight…
 
“Wonder if… My friends do die………”
 
She lowered her head to her hands.
 
“Brother… Oh Bro…”
 
“Chii…”
 
Chii looked up. John was standing in front of her, staring at her with those blue eyes. Chii looked down.
 
“You really shouldn't be out here alone.” John sat next to Chii; and looked at her.
 
“I'm worrying you. I'm sorry John. I'm really sorry. Don't worry about me…”
 
“Everyone is worrying about you, ever since that day in front of the potion shop you haven't been like yourself. And I'm your friend… I'm supposed to worry about you.”
 
The day in front of the potion shop… The day after Brother died. She hasn't told anyone about it.
 
“Bottling up your feelings… Chii…
 
“John…?” Chii looked at the ground. John stared at her.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“If you loved someone… You would want to be near them right…?
 
She loved Brother. He understood her more than anyone in the world…
 
John sighed. “What..? Did you fall in love with some guy?”
 
“OH!” Chii looked up at him, “I DIDN'T MEAN IT THAT WAY! REALLY!!! HONEST! JOHN, SERIOUSLY, I---”
 
“Don't worry Chii…” John raised his hand. “If you do fall in love with some guy…” He looked down and smiled, “I'll be there to support you... Ok?”
 
Chii looked into his eyes. She could tell he meant it…
 
“So… Is that what you've been worrying about all this time?” He looked out to the view.
 
“No… But it has something to do with it… Oh… I shouldn't be troubling you with this. It's selfish…” Chii looked down again. “John. You already have a lot of trouble on your mind I really can't…”
 
“You mean this character thing? It doesn't bother me. I don't care if I'm the person everyone is looking for. It's just… Aagh! Were supposed to be talking about your problems! Not mine!” He banged his hand on his head.
 
“Ha… John… If you tell me your problems I'll tell you mine. I promise...”
 
They looked at each other, and looked back down.
 
“John… You tell me what's on your mind first…” John nodded.
 
“When I first found out that I was this character everyone was looking for… I freaked out. I was first afraid for myself. Selfishly thinking what was going to happen to me. I realized… `If I was around my friends…
What would happen to them?' Hanging around me… They would get hurt to. So… I'm worrying about my friend's safety…” He looked at his hands again, and tightened them into fists. Chii looked at John. He looked up at Chii.
“If you… Or Thuy… Or Chio… Or even old lady Magrashi gets hurt…”
 
“John…” He looked up at Chii. “Don't worry about us. If you want to be apart from us; that'll just hurt us more. I want you to talk to us. I want to stay with you… Share stuff like this, and hang out with everyone, eat meals together… I really want to stay together…” She looked down. John smiled.
 
“Thanks Chii…” He looked down again. “Now… What's on your mind…?” Chii sighed.
 
“That day… Before the potion shop incident… My Brother died at killing Jr. Balrog… He killed it… But he died in the process. You know… If you die on this game trying to defeat a Balrog…You have to start over…And you forget everything in your past character… He's not going to remember me… But he's my brother… He's not my real brother but still… He felt like a brother to me… I might never see him again…” She looked down; she didn't want John to see her start crying… “John…” she leaned her head on his shoulder.
 
“I'm sorry Chii…” he leaned his head on hers.
 
Brother… Please… Please stay with me forever…
 
Or at least… Until this night is over…
 
~*Next Chapter: Chii and her friends would be happier nowhere else but to be hiding at Lady Magrashi's house. But one day out of the blue, a black-cloaked stranger walks right in, wounded. Who is this person, and why des he seem familiar to Chii?