Other Fan Fiction ❯ Mario: It's all in the Hat ❯ Routine so far... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1 - Routine so far...
 
Through first the Mushroom Kingdom, and then the Mid-Lands, Bowser's Valley and finally Bowser's Castle, Mario stays one step behind Bowser. Upon reaching the Keep, Bowser of course heads in to prepare while Mario is left to deal with the welcoming party.
 
Our Hero(As if you don't know him already.) is an ex-plumber gone Mushroom Kingdom savior. In his blue slacks, red shirt, and signature hat, this rotund, mustachioed man is capable of gravity defying jumps and has the power to use magical artifacts of the Mushroom Kingdom previously thought to have lost all their power. Destined by fate as a savior from all sorts of peril, our hero is more than up to the challenge. With the occasional help from his brother Luigi Mario, Mario Mario has outed Bowser(and the occasional other usurper) more times than can be counted on a Toads's spotted cap.
Now Bowser on the other hand is one mean son of a lizard(though I dare you to call him that to his face.) More a giant spiked turtle than a lizard King Bowser Koopa rules the Koopa Troop with a scaly fist. He enjoys nothing more than causing chaos, and dreams of one day ruling all of the Mushroom Kingdom. To this end he constantly kidnaps Princess Peach, in the hopes of bringing down the Kingdom's Heroes, The Mario Brothers.
 
Arriving at the valley entrance to Bowser's keep, Mario prepares himself for some kind of nasty surprise. It wouldn't be the first(Nor the last he was sure) time Koopa had tried to get the jump on him as he entered the castle. Not this time though, just a few Goombas and a couple of Koopa Troopas wandered the lower caves. It was as if Bowser wasn't even trying to stop him. After clearing a some lava pits, and dodging the Podobos living within Mario was seriously beginning to wonder what was going on. Bowser has been off his game before but never this bad. Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Podobos? His valley offered more of challenge than his cave entrance, and that's just an embarrassment. To guard the path to the castle and then stop right as you reach it. What was going on? Not wanting to spend too much time worrying, our hero continues through the lower caves and soon reaches the keep door.
Upon walking through the doors Mario is finally greeted with a little more of a challenge. Magi-Koopas and a few of the Mecha-Koopas that Bowser seems to like keeping close at hand, guard the keep entrance hall. Dodging the magic blasts of the Magi-Koopas, Mario stomps on the Mecha-Koopas(Disabling them only temporarily) and kicks them towards the unsuspecting Magi-Koopas. That taken care of he heads further into the castle. So maybe not much more of a challenge, but hey, he's Mario. He's been doing this long enough that most of the fighting's instinctual. Several hallways, corridors, and secret passages later Mario finally reaches the throne room. And this is where things begin to go wrong...