Other Fan Fiction ❯ Minecraft:The Update ❯ 0: Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

It's quiet.  The only sounds are the flapping wings of birds flying past the window.  The serene atmosphere is broken by the almost excruciating sound of the door knob turning throughout the room. The door opens to reveal the silhouette of a teenage girl with her backpack in hand.

She steps into the room and stretches, "Oh man, school was awful." The girl sets her backpack on her bed and walks across the room. "You know what that means?"

The girl pulls back her computer chair and sits down, cracking her fingers as if she's preparing for a fight. She shakes her mouse, waking up her desktop computer.

She admires her awesome desktop background for a couple minutes before clicking on her all time favorite game.

"Minecraft."

It takes only a second for the Minecraft launcher to open up and load. Listed under 'updates', the girl finds a new post

"The world changing update, version 2.5.2. Woah, that's a lot of things added. Only available to the first five hundred?! I sooooo want all of that!" The girl clicks the download button and crosses her fingers, mumbling encouraging words to the inanimate object.

Time passes as the skinny blue bar slowly fills up. The girl's eyelids start dropping and her head slowly falls onto her desk. Soft snoring fills the room for the next twenty minutes. The noise soon comes to a stop as Minecraft makes a 'ding' sound and starts launching Minecraft, showing off the Mojang logo.

The girl slowly lifts her head off the desk and wipes the drool off of her cheek. Her eyes brighten up at the sight of the familiar logo. "Did I get it?! Did I get it?!" One very slow second later, the Minecraft title screen opens and she immediately clicks singleplayer and creates a new world.

Her Minecraft character spawns next to a small pond in the middle of the forest. She presses F5 and checks out her skin.

"Hmm, looks normal. I guess that didn't change. Mojang said there was new items, so I wonder...." she presses 'E'. "What?! There's nothing new here! Didn't I get the update?!" She explores more around the Minecraft interface, finding nothing new added and nothing changed. She frowns and bangs her head on her desk.

"Child of mine! Please come down here and help me with the dishes!" The girl's mother yells from downstairs. "Coming, Mom!"

The girl stands up and takes a step forward.

Suddenly, she starts feeling light headed and little stars fill her vision. She places a hand on her head, wobbling on her feet. "Did I... did I get up too fast?" Thinking she could lay back down on her bed, she starts heading in that direction. One step, two steps- that's as far as she gets. The stars engulf her vision completely and her legs give out from beneath her. Having her body give out, the only thing she can do is close her eyes and let the sleepy feeling in the back of her head take over.

But before her body hits the ground, something happens. A bright light fills the room and snakelike ribbons of light crawl from the girl's computer and wraps around the girl as she falls. Just as her body nears the ground, the ribbons wrap completely around her body and the brightest light ever fills the room, covering everything from sight.