Other Fan Fiction ❯ Minecraft:The Update ❯ 1: Very Lost; Much Confused ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

There's a warm bright light that I can see through my closed eyelids. I think that's what woke me up from my slumber.

I sit up and rub my eyes. Why is my head so itchy? I look down. Sand. I was sleeping on sand. What kind of idiot am I to sleep on sand?

I stand up and brush myself off. Whose clothes are these?

I don't recall putting on some skirt, and how did I get these anyways? I don't remember anything, my mind is as blank as blank can be. It's kinda surprising that I still know how to walk when I don't even know my own name.

Looking around, it seems I was sleeping on some weird beach. By weird, I mean that everything looks sort of... Blocky, I guess? Nothing is really round, but nothing's really perfectly cubed either. It's hard to describe.

I walk over to the water and stick my hand in it. Yup, it's real liquid water alright. I look at myself in its surface. I have to brush aside my strangely incredibly long white hair so it doesn't fall in and get wet and muddy. My eyes aren't the same colors as each other and I have... Cat ears? How peculiar, but maybe it's normal around here. I don't know anything at the moment.

I should find someone and ask them about this place. First things first, get a high viewpoint to spot any houses or camps with inhabitants. Oh! There's a tall hill over there.

Climbing this hill sure is odd. The blocky way everything is made makes it seem like I'm climbing up some tall stairs or something and each stair is almost up to my knees.

A moment later, I finally reach the top but can't see a DANG THING WITH ALL THESE TREES IN THE WAY! Hm, I guess I'll have to climb one. Humph.

Well, that turned out pretty easy. Now let's take a look around... Trees, trees, more trees, and even more trees. Oh! I think I see a couple roofs over there! It's not too far either.

I hop down from the tree I was on and start sprinting in the town's direction. Suddenly, I hear something crunching, which slightly scares me. Looking down, I see it's just a path. Neat, this gravel trail leads right to the town. I do hope someone will help me, I'm so confused.

Finally, I entered the small town and scanned around for citizens. All these houses are made out of wood, isn't that like, a fire hazard or something? Ah! I think I hear someone over here! Yes, they're over here tending to a small family farm.

I poke his shoulder, "Um, excuse me, sir?"

"HM?!" He turns his head, his huge nose almost hitting me in the face. Holy crap! Ugly alert!

I rubbed the back of my head, trying my hardest not to laugh, "U-uh- ahem. D-Do you know where this place is?"

"HM?!" He sets down his hoe and folds his arms in his sleeves, his unibrow folding down.

Ah, he's getting a little scary. "W-well I mean, I-I'd love to know the name of this village."

"HM?!"

"Not that I hate this place or anything but I'd love-"

"HM?!?!?!" He interrupts quite rudely.

"It's such a beautiful place, I want to-"

"HMM?!?!"

This is getting me nowhere, only making me want to punch him in his ugly nose. I just wave and walk away trying to hold a happy looking smile. I guess I'll have to try another person.

-------

Well, that plan failed.

Everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE is like that. All they do is stand there in all their ugly glory and HUM AT ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW OBNOXIOUS AND ANNOYING THAT IS? "HM?!?" EVEN THE LITTLE CHILDREN DID IT, TOO! Ugh, I'm so leaving this place.

"Haha, thanks again, Bill." A female voice said. One of the village people hummed in return. Is that a normal living breathing human being? Ahhh, I thank whoever sent this angel to this sad place of uglies. Let's go follow the voice.

Turning a corner, I see a girl in some very VERY revealing clothes holding out something to a villager.

The villager takes the, what I think is seeds, from her hand and in return gives her some... Ew, is that raw meat? She thanks the villager and turns to walk away. No, don't leave me alone with these uglies! I have to get her attention!

"U-um," I run a few feet towards her, and she turns around and sees me.

I continue, "Hi, can I ask you a question?"

Her eyes widen a bit before she nods. "Yeah, sure."

"Where am I? What is this place?" I gesture my hands around for emphases.

Her eyebrow rose, "You don't know?" I shake my head, trying not to roll my eyes, "That's why I'm asking."

"This whole entire world,-" she kicks the gravel, sending little pellets everywhere, "-is the video game called Minecraft."

What? "'Video Game?'" I question. That's not possible, even I know that much.

She nods, "Yup, a video game, and all of us are stuck in here forever. Tragic story. I'm quite surprised you didn't already know what this game was. Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Essie. What's your name, newbie?" She puts a hand on her hip.

I shrug. I don't know what I don't know, right?

She looks unamused with that answer. "You're kidding, right?"

"Nope. I don't remember anything at all about me or this place. I just randomly woke up here and made my way to this town-village thing."

She's still unconvinced, "You honestly don't know your name?"

I shake my head, "Nope. Don't remember."

"How about your age?"

"Notta."

"Your birthday?"

"Negative."

"Do you know anything about your family?"

I shrug, "I may not even have a family for all I know."

She facepalms and mutters something about 'taking this easy'. Suddenly, her face fills with determination. (One day the mouse might get the cheese ^,^)

"Alright! I've made my decision!" She stomps her foot.

"What decision?"

"I'll be taking you to my group! About eight of us players have made a base in an extreme hills zone. It's only been a couple weeks since we've got here, but we've managed to scrape up a good spot. I'm sure they'd love another addition to the group! Come on! It's not too far from here!"

She takes my hand without my response and drags me off to the mountains. Woah woah! I'm going to trip!

"Hey, Essie! Let go of my hand, I can run by myself!"

She smiles sheepishly. "Oh yeah, sorry. I'm just so excited for you to meet the others!" She smiles happily while we run.

I look at her face. We've barely even just met, and she's already treating me like a best friend. I can't hide my smile as it rises to my face.

I only hope that I can enjoy painting my story even though I'm starting with a blank canvas and no utensils.

+++To Be Continued+++