Other Fan Fiction ❯ Namco vs Tecmo ❯ The Pensioners ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer (I don't know why I bother doing this…): If owning a copy of the game means that you own the rights to it then…I still don't own Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur. Tecmo and Namco own them respectively. Oh well…


"Finally," Heihachi muttered under his breath.

Gen Fu flexed his shoulders against his staff again. Everyone was getting restless, and that wouldn't do at all. But I couldn't think up anything for them to do. My next problem was what the hell the ring was going to be. I was running out of ideas, and quickly. Although I didn't want to, I placed them both in Gen Fu's Dead or Alive 3 ring, Tao. The other fighters were scattered around on the rooftops. Most of them sat down. Astaroth had his own hyper reinforced roof. As usual I floated above the ring. The two men faced off each against each other.

"Ready…FIGHT!" I repeated the call, and watched with interest as the two pensioners began to have at each other.

Gen Fu opened with a long reach forward stab of his weapon. Heihachi simply sidestepped it, but Gen Fu's follow up - a two handed swing aimed at Heihachi's head - almost hit home. Almost. Heihachi raised his right arm, and the bamboo sprang off it with a clunk. Gen Fu came in low with the other end, and Heihachi blocked again with his left arm, kicking out as he did. Gen Fu stumbled back, and held the staff out horizontally to block Heihachi's next kick. Gen Fu jumped over Heihachi's sweeping leg, thrusting down with the staff but missing. This WAS getting interesting.

Gen Fu landed, and stepped back a few paces to open up some options. Heihachi stole them immediately by charging forward, letting loose with a flurry of jabs and short uppercuts, eventually driving Gen Fu to the ground. Heihachi reared back, his fist held menacingly above his head ready to crash down on Gen Fu's head. But as he drew back, there was an audible click, and Heihachi clutched his spine and collapsing to the floor. Gen Fu got up, a large smirk on his face, before swinging his staff as one would swing a golf club and creating a large dent in Heihachi's face. Heihachi gurgled, and rolled over, but he made to rise to his feet. Hurriedly, and with a curse, Gen Fu dealt three more heavy blows to the back of Heihachi's head. With his head little more than a bloody clump of gristle and gore, Heihachi was clearly dead. Gen Fu cast aside his bloody staff distastefully, and looked up at me.

"The winner is Gen Fu," I said. I sighed.

"Who fights next?" Hayabusa asked, after there was another shocked silence. It was a shorter silence than when Hitomi defeated Seung Mina. Maybe they were used to the gore. Maybe they didn't like Heihachi. Whatever.

"You do," I replied, "And your opponent shall be Yoshimitsu. Fighters, approach the ring!"