Other Fan Fiction ❯ Namco vs Tecmo ❯ Postponed?! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer (I don't know why I bother doing this…): If owning a copy of the game means that you own the rights to it then…I still don't own Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur. Tecmo and Namco own them respectively. Oh well…
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“What the hell is he doing?”
 
“No idea, but I'm getting bored.”
 
“Why did he suddenly disappear like that?”
 
“Look!”
 
The gathered fighters turned in the direction Hayate pointed. There was a flare of light in the air, and space seemed to tear open. The now familiar form of what the fighters had agreed to call “The weirdo that brought us here” drifted backwards out of the rift. He gripped a glowing sword in both hands, slashing frantically against the etheric tentacles chasing him. Something screamed as the rift closed on the tentacles, and they shattered into a thousand specks of light. The fighters watched as the angelic form descended to the floor, visibly damaged from whatever he had just been fighting. The pulsing wings of light disappeared, and he stabbed his sword into the ground wearily.
 
“My apologies,” he said, “But I have other matters to attend to. Unfortunately, this tournament will be postponed indefinitely, at least the officiality of it. Officiality, is that even a word? Hmm, anyway. Those who wish to return, you are free to do so. Otherwise, the portal I create to return you will remain open until the last of you step through. Just in case there is someone here that you particularly wish to confront. That is all.”
 
He took up his blade, turning and slashing downwards. Another rift opened, but this one was controlled, and took a proper form. The wings glowed as they grew from his back again, and he floated into the air, reopening the rift he had entered through, and flying through. There was a slight blink as that rift closed…