Other Fan Fiction ❯ Otaku: The Musical ❯ Summary ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Robby's father has always been a mystery to him. He left Robby's family when he was five, and has only heard from him once since then. His father gave him a message that made absolutely no sense on that one brief moment of communication. After eight years, Robby is ready to finally move on and forget his father.
Then one day, when Robby was in the attic, he found some books that used to belong to his father. They are manga- Japanese comic books. Hoping that maybe these can help him keep some connection with his father, he reads them. But this attempt for connection becomes interest and obsession eventually.
So he begins a new life as an anime otaku (Japanese for nerd). He searches for any anime or manga items he can find, he cosplays and goes to conventions. Even though he is still looking for his father, he still loves anime and manga individually. And one day, he finds his father.
But his father is no longer an otaku, and doesn't like anime or manga at all. Robby's attempt to hold on to his father has shattered. Can he still hold on to anime and manga that he loved otherwise, or will his current life be shattered by unfortunate reality?
 
O
The Musical
A
K
U